Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

By Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... More

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 50

543 9 0
By Edentopia

Grace's P.O.V

The ball must've reacted badly with the scenery as the arena began to glitch out.

"What the-" Mylene gasped

"What's happening?" Shadow wondered.

"There's been a rupture in the interspace continuum. Senses areshowing an internal gravitational shift. Then we're getting error," A scientist informed us.

"Dan, what's wrong?" Runo asked him worried.

"That ball that Mylene threw somehow opened up a dimensional that's causing Bakugan Interspace to shut down on itself," Marucho analyzed.

"It's no use, we're unable to stabilize the interspace gate."

"That's impossible," I let out angrily.

I wanted to go up there and unleash my anger, but Ace held me back tightly.

"Ace, let me go," I seethed angrily.

"No way," Ace disagreed.

"But I have to help," I choked out, "I can't let them die."

Ace forced me to face him, "Don't worry, they won't. None of them will. We'll get them out, I promise."

"Keith, Mira! What's going on? What did you do?" Dan shouted into the microphone.

Keith and Mira were unable to respond as they watched the swirling ball of light getting stronger. It began to suck in the arena and I watched helpless with the other brawlers.

I shut my eyes tightly breaking out of Ace's gaze. I ran to the controls with the other scientists hoping to help find a way to stabilize Bakugan Interspace with no avail.

Frantically, I continued to assist the other technicians praying with every ounce of my being that I was able to bring everyone home.

"What's happening in there man?" Dan asked Marucho.

"It must have something to do with that weird sphere Mylene threw down. It's causing some crazy distortion and not it looks like the Bakugan Interspace is trying to swallow itself up," the blonde answered.

"Why are we standing around talking then? We gotta get Mira and Keith then," Ace stated.

"That's what we're trying to do, Ace," I tell him while frantically putting in an override code.

I swore loudly when it was rejected. The sequence from Bakugan Interspace was malfunctioning beyond repair.

Marucho was thinking and Dan urged him on, "Think faster Marucho. If we don't get them out of there soon, we might lose them for good."

"Come on, there's got to be something you can do," Baron brought up.

"If I activate the emergency shut-down, I could stop the distortion, but that may trap Mira and Keith inside," Marucho suggests typing into the monitor beside me.

"That won't do," I frowned.

"I know, Grace. And I'll need your help. I can try to extract them first just to be safe," Marucho said as he and I typed various codes.

"Alright Marucho, we're ready to start the extraction. Can you tell them?" I told him and he nodded speaking into the microphone.

While he did, I held my breath. I was beyond scared that Keith would be trapped. If he and Mira didn't return I don't know what I would do.

Mira's P.O.V

"What's happening, Keith?" I asked worried.

"Bakugan Interspace, it looks like it's collapsing on itself," my brother observed.

Rocks and stone pillars were being picked up around us and gusts of wind forced it into the light.

"The Death ball... Is out of control," Mylene gasped.

"Nice going," Shadow Prove said sarcastically to Mylene.

"I don't understand," Mylene mused catching Shadow's attention, "I've used the death ball before and it's never reacted this way. What kind of a place that the brawlers tricked us into entering?"

"I don't know," Shadow responded.

"I knew Spectra gave in too easily. I should have... Seen it coming. He's mine."

Mylene drew her blade from her gauntlet and my brother tensed.

Mylene began racing towards us as the surrounding became more unstable.

"Spectra!" Mylene raged.

"Mira, stand back," he ordered me drawing his own blade out.

"No, Keith," I protested.

"You're mine," Mylene hissed furiously.

"Here I am," my brother countered.

Their blades clashed with equal strength as they battled it out. I watched the crumbling environment wishing that we could be working together to find a way out, not trying to destroy each other.

"You're not going to defeat me like you did the others," Mylene fought.

"None of us are going to survive if we don't work together," Keith reasoned.

The ground split them apart and both brawler's stepped back.

"Mira, Keith!" Marucho's voice echoed out.

I lifted my head to listen.

"The internal stability of the interspace won't hold much longer. Grace and I need to shut down the system so we don't risk the dimensional tear from entering our world. First we need to get you guys out."

Keith stood listening, "Let's go then, Mira. Come on."

"Not yet," I protested pointing to the Vexos, "We have to bring them too."

Mylene and Shadow were stunned at my words.

I reached out a hand to them.

"Come on, hurry guys," I warned them.

"I'd rather die inside of here than owe you my life," Mylene said stubbornly.

The ground beneath her was lifted into the air. She stretched her hand crying out in horror.

Shadow shouted worried. Keith's arm reacted quickly grasping her hand.

"Spectra," Mylene said shocked, "Let me go."

"Just quit being so stubborn about this, Mylene. There's no reason for you to give up," Keith informs her.

"Ha, I choose death before dishonor," Mylene scoffed.

Keith gritted his teeth as he began to struggle to keep a hard grip on Mylene's hand.

Before Mylene could slip away, I grabbed Mylene's hand joining my brother in pulling her in.

"Mylene hang on!" I called out to her.

"Seriously?" Mylene said shocked.

Even though we had a grip, I knew we would start to lose it.

"Shadow Prove, come help us," I asked him.

"Don't tell me what to do," Shadow snapped.

"Marucho, Hurry up," I shout when I realized Mylene's hand was slipping from our grasp.

"Okay," Marucho's voice answered, "Prepare for an emergency evac."

"The ground between us shook and Mylene's hand flew away from us.

I watched in horror as Mylene began to float away into the dimensional rift. Shadow Prove grabbed Mylene's hand and Mylene gasped at the sight of us becoming transparent.

"Mylene!" Keith called out.

"We're sorry!" I finished as we transported away leaving Mylene and Shadow behind.

When we landed back to the laboratory, Keith and I fell to our knees in guilt.

"Mira," Ace said running into the transportation room.

"Are you guys okay?" Dan asked worried.

"They're gone..." Was all I could say as I watched the screen turned completely white.

My eyes watered holding back tears.

"I had her..." Keith said beside me equally distraught.

The screen turned to grey fuzz as everyone looked on.

"Mylene. Shadow Prove," I called out horrified.

Keith let out a sound of frustration as no one said anything.

Grace's P.O.V

I rushed into the room and knelt down beside Keith. His face broke me inside. One by one the brawler's left the scene and it was just Keith and I. He hadn't moved and I sat beside him looking at the wall where the screen was.

"I had her, Grace," Keith's voice says hoarsely.

"I know you did, you tried everything you could," I say forcing myself to keep my voice calm.

He raises his head and looks to me. I simply nod my head as I wasn't quite sure what to do.

"I was so scared that you would be trapped there and I was going to lose you and Mira," I say honestly.

Keith's arm wrapped around mine and I swallowed.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise," Keith assured me as I just kept my head into his chest in deep thought.

"Let's just get out of here," I muttered.

Keith nodded his head and we left the suffocating area. We left Mylene and Shadow Prove behind.

I turned my head to the side as we ascended.

"Do you think Mylene changed?" I asked Keith recalling the fight they had on the screen before Mylene perished.

"I hoped," Keith answers.

I sighed. We went on top of the rooftop garden and walked around. I was able to calm myself down. I spotted a beautiful flower and smelt it.

"Do you like it?" Keith asks me smiling.

I nodded my head standing straighter.

"Keith," I begin, "What do you think will happen when this is all over? What will happen to us?"

Keith was quiet and then he faced me, "What do you think will happen to us?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't quite know, Keith. It'll be weird because what do I have to return to?"

My words held a painful truth to them. My parents were dead. Keith would probably stay with Mira to help her settle down. Ace and Baron would probably hang out and help with Baron's siblings. The brawlers from earth would stay here and continue doing their own thing. That just left me and Titan on the outside.

"You have me and Mira, Grace. We're not going to just abandon you, I promise," Keith tells me sincerely.

I looked at him and felt reassured. We sat on a lookout bench and watched the sunset. I laid my head on Keith's shoulder and he kept me close to him.

"Keith, I know I've asked you this a million times, but do you love me?" I asked him softly.

"Of course, I do," He responds.

"What if after this you meet a real nice girl who's your age. I don't want to be the person in the way of you being happy," I frown.

He was three years ahead of me and in a completely different part of life. Deep down I had to accept that Keith and I might not be forever. It killed me inside to think that, but I had no choice.

"Grace, you're the only girl I've had my eyes on. I never want to leave you. I promise that you're the only person that matters minus Mira in my life. After everything, I'm not losing you and you can bet that wherever you go, I'll be there with you. I don't care about some age gap."

I let one tear stream down my cheek in joy. Keith wiped it away from my face tenderly.

"Man, for a second I thought you were reading wedding vows."

Keith winked, "Those are next, Grace. I'm down to tie the knot when you are. All you have to do is tell me and I'll go down on one knee to make you mine."

My face went red at his words and he stood there smiling at me.

"How about we wait a few years," I offer and he nods his head reluctantly.

"Fine," he huffed.

"Hey, you know, maybe I might find some other guy in that time too," I teased.

I laughed at Keith's jealous face. I swallowed nervously when he crushed me to him.

"You're not getting away from me that easily," Keith said darkly.

I made a face as he showered me with possessive kisses, "You're no fun."

"Good," Keith grinned, "I don't really care as long as I have you."

I smiled feeling like a princess as Keith showered me with love. I melted into him and yawned.

"Are you tired?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"Let's head back in and get some rest," Keith suggests and I tiredly nodded my head.

Keith led me back inside when Mira approached us.

"Oh, there you two are. Everyone's been looking for you," Mira informed us.

This caught my attention, "Is something the matter, Mira?"

Mira smiled reassuringly, "No, nothing is wrong. We just need you guys to see something."

I exchanged a confused look with Keith and we decided to follow Mira down the hall to a lounge.

"Take a seat," Mira told us and we did.

She then proceeded to leave and looked at me saying, "I'll be back in just a moment."

When she left, I saw the other male brawlers in the lounge and I looked at Keith.

"Do you know what's going on?" I asked him and he frowned.

"No, I don't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 20 26
"Oi! Raccoon Eyes! Where's FireBitch?" Bakugo shouted as he was helping guide people on the boat. The pink girl walked towards him, holding a device...
4.7K 173 32
Eighty percent of the entire world's population are born with some type of special ability. They are called quirks. Many of those with quirks devote...
25.2K 926 39
Maria Galveston a girl who was born with out a Quirk in America. Her father abused her, her mother and her siblings. But one night after her fath...
200K 7.1K 54
─── complete ღ WARNING: fetus writing ⤷ 𝐈𝐙𝐔𝐊𝐔 admired his childhood friend Bakugou for the longest time, to the point where he fell in love wit...