Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

By Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... More

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 47

593 5 1
By Edentopia

Grace's P.O.V

Keith stood at the door looking at me with concern.

"Where were you? You weren't at dinner," I say curious.

"Don't worry about it, Grace. I had some business to attend to," Keith said brushing me off.

I frowned at his answer and just sat there. He took a seat beside me, "Did you miss me?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I thought we were going to eat together. I feel like now you don't trust me or something. What are you trying to hide?"

"Grace, I'm just trying to ensure your safety," Keith reasoned and I shook my head.

"Look Keith, I'm not some nuisance that needs to be taken care of. I am a brawler as good as anyone else here. We trust each other more than anybody else here. Why can't you trust me now?"

My tone took a heartbreaking turn and Keith sighed, "I don't know how you're going to react."

I give him a long look, "Maybe you should tell me and we'll see how I react. I promise to try and keep an open mind."

This caused Keith to smile slightly before taking a deep breath.

"I was on my ship," He admitted.

"Doing what?" I ask trying to pry further.

He gave me a look, "You want to know more?"

I nodded my head.

"For the most part whenever I was alone, I transport to the Vestal Destroyer with Helios and work on triangulating the Motherpalace. We need to take down Zenoheld for everything he's done to us."

I twitched at the reminder of the king's actions against my family.

"Why did you have to hide this from me?" I asked.

"I didn't want to put you in danger. Knowing you were hurt because of me is something I am unable to live with."

I sighed, "We're always at risk for getting hurt wherever we go, but if we stick together, the pain will go away. I'm sure of it."

Keith wraps his arm around me and I allow myself to relax in his arms.

"Are you going back up there?"

Keith nodded his head and was about to move when I didn't let go. He gave me an inquisitive look waiting for me to explain myself.

"Please Keith, just stop working for one night. Stay with me," I offered.

"What do you have planned?"

"How about a movie? The brawlers are picking out some cool films to watch tonight. I was hoping if you'd like to be my date."

Keith smiled, "I would be honoured to be your date tonight Grace Hudson."

I led him to Marucho's theatre room where everyone else was. The girls were on the top row while the guys sat at the bottom. I decided to stick with Keith and sit in the middle row.

"Glad you could make it. We were just about to start," Mira said form above us.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked curiously and she flinched.

"The boys won the coin toss so we're watching a monster movie."

I rolled my eyes, "Just great."

I turned my attention to Keith who had his arm around me, "I suppose you're excited to watch a monster movie."

"I don't mind yes," Keith smirked as I slumped against the seat as the movie started.

There was a point in the movie that blood was spattered everywhere and the girls let out disgusted sounds while the guys urged the action on.

"That's epic," Baron cheered.

"Totally worth it. He had it coming," Ace agreed and they high fived each other.

The monster squirmed causing the hero to stab it one last time letting out one last blood splat.

I let out a repulsed sound catching Keith's attention.

"Do you not like the blood?" He mused and pulled me close to shield my eyes from the gore.

"I'm not a big fan of it," I say in a small voice.

"Don't worry the credits are rolling," Keith assured me and I looked at the screen relieved to see the words scrolling upwards.

"Okay that film was totally stupid" Runo let out.

"Definitely, I say we watch another film to make up for it," Julie proposed and for once I agreed with her.

The guys protested and Mira spoke up, "It's only fair guys. Besides are you too chicken to watch a film we choose?"

"What no way Mira," Ace reacted turning red.

"Then Ace surely you would have no problem watching a film we choose," Mira countered with a wink.

This caused Keith to snort and Mira glared at him. I could sense the overprotective brother personality standing out in Keith.

"Calm down big brother," I laugh, "She's just teasing him."

"I know, but still..." Keith narrows his eyes at Ace who was looking at Mira.

"Shhh," I say stopping Keith's protest, "It's starting."

I leaned into Keith and place my head on his shoulder distracting him. He wrapped an arm around me and the movie unrolled.

The plot surrounded a girl moving to a small town. She met a boy and they became great friends. However, he held a dark secret. The girls let out squeals when he began to take off his shirt. My cheeks went red at the sight when he ran his fingers through his head.

A hand gripped my own tightly and I turn my head to see an angry Keith.

"Don't worry, he's just an actor," I reassured him.

He frowned, "But still, you don't get to look at other guys other than me."

I laughed ruffling his hair, "You don't need to worry, my heart is all yours."

"And I you."

He sealed his promise with a kiss and I smiled. That's when things fell through.

On the screen was a hot girl with a bakugan in her hands. She smirked at the guy and like the protagonist, I eyed her with distaste.

The guys were all in a trance by this female fatale. Runo hit Dan on the head and he moaned, "Runo, I was just watching the movie."

"Tell it to someone who's stupid."

Dan made a face and grabbed Runo's hand from the seat below her. I glimpsed at Shun and Ace who watched Dan with amused looks.

I turned to Keith and was filled with jealousy as he was still watching the girl on the screen. I punched his shoulder and he scowled.

"What was that for?"

"For checking out the she-wolf on the screen," I seethed.

My face was red with jealousy. I turned away from him and when he attempted to talk to me, I would look away. Keith sighed and when the credits began rolling, I was the first to leave.

"Thanks guys for the fun night," I say abruptly walking through the empty hallway alone.

"Grace, stop," a voice calls out.

A hand grasps my own forcing me to look back.

"What? Just leave me alone," I spat.

"We both know that isn't going to happen."

He pulled me into his chest and I just stayed there.

"What's going on?"

"Really? You were checking out that hooker in the movie. What's worse is that she's so much prettier, smarter and probably a better brawler than me in real life."

"What?" Keith's face was shocked.

He cupped my face and looked at me.

"Grace Hudson, you are by far the most interesting if not stubborn person I have ever met. I would challenge the ex-royal family alone if it meant I was able to have you."

"You really mean that?"

"Of course, I do," Keith told me.

I snuggled closer to Keith calming down completely. His words filled me with reassurance. I was swept off my feet and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You sure love being the prince charming, don't you?"

"I admit, it is quite fun."

He opened the door to his room and put me on the bed. He raised an eyebrow wickedly.

"Since you doubt my love for you, I think it's only fair that I show you."

Before I could argue, Keith's lips were on mine. Tender and fierce. This was passion that I had never seen before in him.

"You make me feel things," Keith said in a husky tone.

"Do I now?" I smirked.

"Yes, unspeakable things."

I brought him closer to me and closed my eyes.

"Open your eyes, my little brawler," Keith whispered.

I blinked them open to meet his teal ones. Smiling I sat up and rested my head on his shoulder and yawned.

"Tired?" Keith smiled.

I nodded my head.

"Keith, you in there?" Marucho asked and we both froze.

The knock on the door sounded again. Keith sighed rising to his feet. With a regretful look towards me, he opened the door.

"Hey Marucho, what is it?"

"Oh good, you're still up. I was hoping that we were able to analyze the phantom data. We're so close to figuring it out and if we do, we can give everyone the battle gear."

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

Marucho nodded his head walking towards the lab.

When Spectra closed the door, I pouted.

"Do you really have to go?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Fine then, leave," I say coldly turning away in his sheets.

"Don't you worry, my dear, I'll be back before you know it. Just try to get some sleep."

I muttered, "Whatever, just go."

Keith kissed me lightly on the cheek and left the room quietly. I smiled. How did I deserve him? I closed my eyes and fell to sleep.

I woke around three hours later to a figure slipping into the bed with me. They wrapped their arms around me and I snuggled into their chest.

The next morning, I shuffled in the bed and squinted at the light shining through the curtains of the room. I got out of the bed and yawned. My eyes looked or the clock and gasped to see it was 10 o'clock.

Where was everyone? I scratched the back of my head to see a note on the table beside me.

Gone to work in the lab with Marucho. Be back soon.

-Keith.

I made a face and made my way to the dining hall for food. I quickly ate an egg and a slice of toast when another plate was brought close to me.

"My dear, you need to eat more than that if you want all the energy you need for the day."

I smirked at Keith who sat across from me with a plate of his own food.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"I ate a little when I woke up and I've been in the lab with Marucho. I decided to take a well-deserved break to see you."

I nodded my head grinning, "Perfect."

After we ate, Dan approached us.

"Hey, there's something going on that I think you guys should see," The brawler said.

Nodding our heads, we finished eating and went into a control module to see Alice's face on the monitor.

"This is the raw data and blueprints for Professor Clays Alternative," Keith mentioned grimly.

"Alternative, what's that Keith?"

Keith turned to Dan explaining, "It's a lethal weapon that can destroy entire galaxies and the lives within."

"You're kidding," Drago muttered.

"They must be making this thing right now."

"Father," Mira said sadly looking at the screen.

"How did you get this," Keith inquired.

"Lync left it behind for me to find," Alice revealed.

"Lync?"

"Yes, but I don't think he's..." Alice bowed her head.

I gasped and covered my mouth at the news of my fallen comrade. Out of all the Vexos besides Keith, Lync was always a good teammate.

"I see..." Keith lets out hiding his shock.

"This data suggests that it's unfinished, but they are definitely well on their way."

"So then..." Runo asked smiling.

"We're still safe," Julia exclaimed and I rolled my eyes.

They were too ignorant at the situation at hand.

"Not for long. It looks like in order to finish the alternative, they need the DNA code and battle gear data that we have in our possession," Keith observed.

"That means the Vexos will be coming forward and probably soon. Is that right?" Dan asked.

"That is correct," Keith answered simply.

"Then we'll be waiting for them," Dan says confidently.

"Dan?" Runo asks him concerned.

"These guys just never learned. We're ready. What do you say Drago?" Dan announces.

"I'm ready," Drago said calmly.

"We're all ready, Dan," Marucho agreed.

"Yeah with a knuckle sandwich," Ace says pumped.

"We'll show those Vexos what we got," I let out earning an amused look from Keith.

"Losing is absolutely not an option, Dan," Keith says looking at him, his face now covered by a grim mask.

"Trust me Keith, it never has been."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 926 39
Maria Galveston a girl who was born with out a Quirk in America. Her father abused her, her mother and her siblings. But one night after her fath...
62.9K 1.3K 13
[Rosario Vampire Female Harem X Brawler! Female Reader] !!CREDITS TO TEXTURES.CAFE FOR THE OVERLAYS AND CREDIT TO ANIMETEXTURESH FOR THE BACKGROUND...
200K 7K 54
─── complete ღ WARNING: fetus writing ⤷ 𝐈𝐙𝐔𝐊𝐔 admired his childhood friend Bakugou for the longest time, to the point where he fell in love wit...
31.6K 947 18
Another story to keep me busy and keep you all entertained, this time we're entering the World of the Bakugan battle brawlers. Y/N=your name L/N= la...