Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

By Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... More

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 33

569 10 0
By Edentopia

Grace's P.O.V

It didn't take too long for Dan and the brawlers to return. When Dan, Marucho and Mira jumped through the portal we rushed over to meet them.

"Master Marucho, Master Dan, Mira, you made it," Baron exclaimed as the three of us ran to meet them.

"Hey guys, what's happening?" Dan asked and smiled at me.

"Where's the red carpet?" Marucho asked and that made me smile.

When I first met them out in the barren landscape, I mocked them for being famous with the other Vexos.

Mira glanced around Klaus' main entrance in awe.

"Wow guys this place is amazing. If I didn't know any better, I'd think we were still at Marucho's house."

"Are you kidding me? Even Marucho's dog house is bigger than this," Ace remarked and Mira laughed.

"Huh, you're probably right, Ace. But seriously, it's like a fairytale. It's a magical palace you've seen in a storybook."

"If this is a magical palace, then it is greatly in need of a princess. Are you interested in the position, Princess Mira? Why yes, that does have a nice ring to it. Greetings, I am Klaus Von Hertzon. Welcome to my home." Klaus asked and walked down the staircase to meet us.

He knelt down and kissed Mira's hand like a prince would. I could tell in Mira's face that she was flattered.

"Dude," Ace said jealous.

I smirked at the sight, Baron and I were aware of Ace's feelings towards her. She was oblivious to it though even when I pointed it out. However, I notice in small moments that Mira returns the feelings. Maybe she knew more than she let on.

Seeing Klaus do his thing so easily made me think of Spectra. I missed him and there was no way Klaus was able to sway my mind from Spectra.

"This guy's cheesy. Why do girls always fall for it?" Dan muttered jealous.

"Oh, please Dan, you wish you were that smooth," Marucho teased.

"Can we get down to business?" Drago demanded in a flat tone.

This caught my attention as I raised my eyebrow.

"I have to agree with Drago, we have some unfinished business to attend to even though I love seeing you guys reacting to Klaus' 'flirting skills'," I say.

Dan looked at me, "Oh yeah, you're right. Why don't you guys fill us in on the Vexos attacks?"

"Dan's right, they're probably out there right now plotting their next move," Mira commented and the rest of us nodded.

"Come then, allow me to show you to the gardens where you can discuss the issue in detail," Klaus offered and we nodded out heads.

When we arrived to the gardens, we immediately talked strategy.

"Luckily for us, the Vexos have only managed to take the Haos energy so far," Mira began.

"So far that we know of for certain. Who knows what's happened to Shun and Ingram since they left for New Vestroia," Wilda said.

"That's a good point," Drago stated, "If only we had some way of contacting them to find out for sure."

"Oh no, do you think they're alright? I really hope they are," Elfin said worried.

"Forget this waiting around business man this is making me crazy. Let's attack them in the secret hideout," Dan let out and I crossed my arms.

He was being rash in his ideas which would lead us to failure if they pursued.

"Secret hideout good idea. Any idea where that might be, genius?" Ace asked just as doubtful as I was.

Dan was left speechless.

"Guys," Baron stared entering the conversation, "How do they keep getting a drop on us? It's like they're magically appearing out of thin air without any warning."

"The Mother palace, they're probably transporting themselves from there," Mira proposed and I nodded my head.

"It's true, I remember doing that back when I was in the palace," I confirmed.

"That means they're hiding somewhere in this dimensional universe," Mira concluded reading my thoughts.

She looked at me briefly and smiled as if she knew.

"Klaus, can we refigure your trans dimensional communication system to identify and track dimensional anomalies? If so, we could use it to locate their point of origin and find out where they're hiding," Marucho wondered.

"Unfortunately, I don't think that will be possible," Klaus denied.

"Why? I thought your foundation was at the cutting edge of technology," Elfin assumed.

"That's like asking us to retool you microwave so you can cut your lawn with it. Just because they're both pieces of machinery does not mean they can be used for the same purpose," Sirenoid snapped back.

"Enough!" Dan let out finally and we looked at him.

"I'm not just going to sit here waiting for the Vexos to attack."

"Dan... Huh?" Dragon began, but then was thrown off by something.

Klaus smiled as if he was aware of something we weren't.

"Well Dan, it looks like you're not going to have to wait after all."

With that, everyone ran towards the open area of just at the edge of the property where someone was materializing out of thin air.

"Volt," Dan said intensely.

Volt glimpsed at us, "Pyrus, Subterra, Darkus, Aquos well well looks like all the attributes I have on my list are right here in front of me. And even as an added bonus Grace Hudson, the traitor to the throne and Vexos. There's nothing I love more than a one-stop shopping. Especially when it comes to attributes."

"Ha, if you think you've actually of beating us all by yourself then your even sillier than that haircut makes you look," Dan taunted.

"Insulting a man's hair? Now that's just downright impolite," another voice that I knew added in.

Everyone but myself gasped as we witnessed Spectra and Gus walking towards us.

"Hello Dan Kuso," Spectra greeted Dan.

"Spectra," Dan said in shock.

Mira was beside him hardening her gaze. I didn't blame her, but I could only stare in shock. I may have talked to him previously, but seeing him in front of me after what's been happening left me shocked.

"You're still alive?" Volt gasped.

"Oh, that's right relax. You look like you've seen a ghost. I promise you I'm flesh and blood, Volt. I know you must be overcome with happiness. Especially after you fled the crumbling palace. And left me for dead. I hate to spoil your plans, but I've got some business to settle with Dan and Grace here," Spectra said looking at Dan and myself.

"Spectra," Dan narrowed his eyes and looked at me.

Mira took a step closer to me as I stood in shock.

I knew what he wanted, that was the only true reason he came. But he didn't reveal it.

"That's right, I beat you once Dan and I'll have no problem doing it again," Spectra said loading his gauntlet.

"Hey not so fast there, Spectra. This is my battle, get in line," Volt defended.

"They're fighting, what's up with that?" Ace observed.

"I don't know, I thought they were on the same side," Baron agreed and looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders too and that was the honest truth. I knew of the betrayal, but I didn't know that the bad blood was this bad between Spectra and the others.

"Anyone who gets in my way will be an enemy whether they're brawlers or Vexos. Either way I will crush them and leave them in the dust."

I raised my head and looked at him intensely. His words had no effect on my and he knew it. He avoided my gaze though.

"I won't let you bully me Spectra," Volt said standing up for himself.

"Really, you just did. You talk a big game, Volt, but when it comes down to it, you're a disloyal coward," Gus explained and opened up his hand to reveal Brontes.

"Where did you find him? Why is he with you. Why do you have Brontes? Answer me!" Volt demanded.

When no one spoke, Volt tensed his gaze, "Gus, what did you do to my Brontes,"

"You're Brontes, that's very funny Volt, why do you care so much about something that you so easily tossed away? I've modified him to better suit my purposes," Gus stated.

"Modified him how?" I demanded feeling my temper flare.

Everyone glanced at me, even Spectra, but I continued to stare at Gus waiting for an answer.

"Well I don't mean to sound dramatic but I guess in a way you could say I took away his soul," Gus answered and I clenched my fists.

"Ugh, Brontes," Volt whimpered and glanced away.

"Dan, are you ready to have some fun?" Spectra offered.

"Bring it on frosted tips," Dan replied.

"Dan, I want in this to," Mira added preparing her gauntlet.

Dan looked at her and Marucho as he prepared his gauntlet too.

"That goes double for me, Dan," Marucho agreed and the three of them were ready.

"Hey guys, wait a second!" Ace calls out, but it was too late as we were frozen in time.

When we became unfrozen, I stumbled forward to look up to see Dan being supported by Mira and Marucho.

"Dan," I let out and rushed to him.

I glanced up to see Spectra staring at me coldly. Last time this happened, I was in his debt. This time was different. He couldn't do anything to stop me.

"Dan, are you okay?" Ace asked concerned.

"Gus, let's go," Spectra stated and Gus looked at him and me.

"Yes sir," he said obediently before following.

"Helios isn't the only one who's changed, Spectra. I've never seen you back down from a fight so easily," Dan challenged.

"Don't worry Dan, I'm not leaving for good. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of each other sooner than you think," Spectra reassured him in a mocking tone.

Everyone in the Resistance looked up to see the Vestal Destroyer fly above us. It let out a beam and lifted Spectra and Gus into the air.

"Enjoy your victory while you still can," Spectra called out as his last words.

Dan called out after him, but was too tired to stand.

"Sorry guys, I'm a bit wobbly," Dan apologized.

"Spectra and Helios, both fought an incredible battle," Drago agreed.

"What do you say Volt? Ready for your turn?" Dan asked him with a grin.

"There's nothing I'd love more than to crush you and take Drago's attribute energy, but I won't kick a man when he's down," Volt said turning down the offer.

He then transported away much to everyone's astonishment.

"Wow, Volt actually did the honourable thing," Marucho said shocked.

"Looks like Spectra's his own boss now," Dan said letting his voice trail off.

When everyone decided to head back, I stood back with Mira as we dwelled on what just happened.

"Mira," I began and she shakes her head.

"You don't have to say another word. I trust you to come back. If this is something you feel needs to be done, I won't stop you," Mira says to me in an assertive tone.

I nodded my head an began inputting information into the gauntlet. When it was ready, I look at her.

"You aren't to tell anyone about this, are you?" I asked worried.

I didn't blame her if she did. She was leader after all and this could pose a threat to the Resistance's plans. But she was like a sister to me. I never told her that I told Spectra where we were and I had no intention to.

"I won't say a word. This is our secret. If there's anyone who can get the old Keith back, it's you." Mira said.

"Don't worry, Mira. I believe Keith is in there. We can do it. I'll be back soon," I tell her and with that I used my gauntlet to transport to the Vestal Destroyer.

When I landed, I took a look around reacquainting myself with everything.

"Well, what do we have here?" I hear Spectra say and I look at him and his smug face. Like he knew.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 390 54
Co-writer: @Banunu ~Warm blood trickled down her shoulder while shielding him. There were spots onto the ground. Head hanging low from the recoil of...
12.6K 232 34
Blake is in New Vestroia and is experiencing boredom. She decides to join the Vexos to occupy her time, but she finds something more. Spectra Phantom...
4.6K 171 32
Eighty percent of the entire world's population are born with some type of special ability. They are called quirks. Many of those with quirks devote...
25.2K 926 39
Maria Galveston a girl who was born with out a Quirk in America. Her father abused her, her mother and her siblings. But one night after her fath...