Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

By Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... More

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 31

602 6 0
By Edentopia

Baron's P.O.V

I was in the park with Maron and Grace. We left Ace and the thought of getting my own place seemed likely.

"Do you have your own place?" I asked Grace and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I could, but right now I stay with Mira."

"Would you ever want one?" I asked her and she paused in thought.

"It sounds like a cool idea, but I don't know how I would afford one."

"Don't you have money from Hydron when you guys were dating?"

Grace flinched at the mention of the Vestal Prince.

"Sorry Grace, I didn't mean to offend you."

"No Baron, don't worry about it. To answer your question, I did have some money from Hydron, but because of my betrayal, I don't think I'll have the money anymore."

I nodded my head at her.

"Grace, I'm starting to feel uneasy," Titan, her bakugan said quietly.

I looked at Nemus and he agrees.

"Grace?" I asked and see her horrified face.

I heard a card be thrown to the ground and I turn around to see a Subterra card on the ground.

"Hello Baron," I see Prince Hydron greet me with a fake smile.

He looked different. He didn't wear any royal attire and seemed to have gotten more devious just by his smirk.

"That looks like... It can't be," Grace stutters and I've never seen her face more white.

"What's the matter Baron? What's with your face, you've looked like you've seen a ghost," Hydron mocked and looked past me at Grace.

"I must say though; your girl seems more nervous than you."

I turn to briefly glance at Grace concerned.

"Hydron," Grace greeted.

Her voice was firm, but if you listened closer, you could hear her tone falter slightly.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded now with enraged eyes.

"No need to bother with titles Baron. I'm not a prince anymore. Thanks to you and the bakugan brawlers resistance," Hydron said bitterly ignoring Grace's question.

His eyes flickered to Grace and she was in shock hearing the news.

"Well, what do you say then, brawler? Do you think you could take a break from changing diapers and do a little battle?" Hydron proposed and I smiled with anticipation.

"Prince or no prince, we'll be happy to wipe the floor with you, Vexos creep," I fire back.

"Those are such big words for such a little boy," Baron agreed.

"We'll see who the little boy is," Hydron mused and put on his gauntlet.

Grace held a hand on my shoulder to prevent being frozen in time.

"Gauntlet Power Strike!" We called out and the playing field around us froze.

Grace's P.O.V

I couldn't believe my eyes. He was actually here standing in front of me. I felt a tiny pang of guilt wash over me at the news of his title.

It felt weird not seeing him in his royal attire. It was like the old Hydron I grew up with. Once he turned sixteen, something in him snapped. Like he had to grow up to fast.

I stood behind Baron observing the battle and I could see Hydron's eyes glanced to me angrily before brightening with a smirk.

Hydron threw in Droyid and Baron seemed in shock.

"No way, he has a mechanical bakugan."

I shrugged my shoulders unimpressed. However, I felt worried for Nemus and Baron. I hated to admit it, Dryoid was strong and Hydron was a snake.

I checked the battle stats to see that Baron was down compared to Hydron's Dryoid.

Nemus: 600 G's

Dryoid: 700 G's

"Well, look at you Mr. Fancy Pants. With your big words and tough talk. But do you have the moves? Ability Activate! Knuckle Vulcan!" Hydron called out and his power increased.

Nemus: 600 G's

Dryoid: 700 + 200 = 900 G's

Dryoid shot out massive amounts of energy towards Nemus.

Baron, was not shaken though which I had to admire. He just narrowed his eyes and called on his attack.

"Ability Activate! Borehole Reflection!"

Nemus: 600 G's

Dryoid: 900 – 200 = 700 G's

"Well that was thrilling," Hydron said with a twirl of his hair.

"Hang on a sec, I got more. Ability Activate! Float Shield!"

A ring of energy floated above Dryoid and Hydron laughed.

"That's it? Pathetic. Ability Activate! Ray Blade!"

Nemus: 600 G's

Dryoid: 700 + 200 = 900 G's

I gritted my teeth at the sight. Hydron increased Dryoid's power again.

Dryoid tried to cut through the shield, but failed. This caused a grin on my face at the sight.

My grin faded though a few seconds later when the shield busted with light.

"Okay, Hydron, looks like you got some skills," Baron commented, "Too bad for you, mine are stronger."

When I looked up, I saw that the shield was still standing.

"Blast, a trap shield," Hydron swore as his power decreased.

Nemus: 600 G's

Dryoid: 900 – 200 = 700 G's

"So, man, who's diapers need changing now?" Baron taunted.

Hydron laughed darkly, "Don't get so cocky with me,"

This caused me to scoff. If anyone could be cocky, it was him.

"Keep going Baron, just tune him out."

"Why Grace? Once I take Baron out, I'm coming for you next."

I laughed at him unafraid. He could try, but it wasn't going to happen. The only way I'd cooperate is if I'd lose in battle and everything I care about. That was never going to happen though.

"Gate Card open! Devour Haos!"

The gate card opened and began to suck the life out of Nemus. Baron was in shock

"It's a command card that sucks up any attribute energy I tell it. Face it Baron, Nemus is no match for my mechanical Dryoid. I'd give up and spare him the pain." Hydron explained.

I stood watching with Titan mumbling, "He's got to do something or else he'll get creamed."

"Not to worry, Grace. I think Baron has a plan."

"Oh man, got me, but I'm not done yet. Come on Nemus!"

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Nemus asked Baron.

For once, Hydron and I were both lost for words. We exchanged curious glances wondering what Baron was planning.

"Nemus! Attribute Change!" Baron commanded and Hydron and I both looked at Nemus.

"What did he say? Not an attribute change?"

Nemus began charging and chanting, "I call upon the power of the ancients and summon forth an attribute change!"

Nemus began to change in a dark flash of light. When it faded, I looked to see a new figure standing before me.

"I am Darkus Nemus!" Nemus announced and Baron cheered him on.

"That's what I'm talking about. Time to kick it up a notch Nemus! Ability Activate! Darkus Force!"

I couldn't believe my eyes. Barn has improved so much as a brawler and I could never anticipate him pulling off a trick like this.

Nemus: 600 + 300 = 900 G's

Dryoid: 700 G's

Dryoid reverted back to ball form much to Hydron's shock. His life force depleted and I could see Baron's confidence start to flare up. I smiled smugly at Hydron who sent me a glare. Then he smiled and I gulped. He was up to something.

They commenced more rounds until it was the last few moments, Baron had both his trap bakugan and Nemus out on the field.

"Fusion Ability Activate! Shoo Dragon Flies!"

Nemus/ Piercian: 1250 - 200 = 1050 G's

Dryoid: 700 G's

"Fusion Ability Activate! Geki Grip Demon!"

Nemus/ Piercian: 1050 – 300 – 300 = 450 G's

Dryoid: 500 + 300 = 800 G's

"Nemus! Piercian!" Baron cried out.

"The end is in sight, any last words Baron? Gate card open! Silent Land!" Hydron proclaimed as Dryoid hit Nemus and Piercian with brutal attacks.

Nemus and Piercian became paralyzed as Hydron's eyes lit with enjoyment.

"Silent land gate card renders ones opponent immobile. It also nullifies the ability they are using. So now, you're mighty bakugan is nothing more than a helpless baby."

All Baron and I could do was watch helplessly as Hydron snatched the victory from us.

"Ready Baron, Grace? It's show time."

I clenched my fists at my side as I watched unable to help Baron. Dryoid ran towards Nemus with his sword and slashed Nemus with immense power. It did Piercian afterwards as Baron cried out.

Hydron cackled at the state Baron was in and it made me mad, "How can you just stand there and laugh as you inflict pain on others," I say crushed at the level Hydron let himself slip into.

He looked at me coldly, "I'll do whatever I need to get the job done. You understand, don't you? I mean, you did backstab me, my father and the crown. I thought I'd return the favour and steal some attribute energies that you brawlers are so uselessly protecting. I guess you being here and watching in person is just a consolation prize to how badly you've wrecked me."

I stared fuming at his words. In his tone, I could sense the hurt laced with his fury as he spoke to me.

"Stop it. I said stop it Hydron right now!" Baron pleaded and I turn to Baron reluctantly.

"There's no point in trying to reason. This boy will refuse to listen and takes joy in your pain. Show him he doesn't affect you," I say coldly breaking my stare off with the ex-prince.

"The brawler wants to stop. Let's grant his wish."

He looked to me grinning widely, "Consider this a gift to you, Grace. This is what happens if you try to betray the throne. And to you brawler's resistance the power of the Vexos."

I swallowed feeling unhinged as I watched Dryoid make one last slash at Nemus and I saw him glowing with white energy. I shook my eyes at the sight. It was the Haos energy.

Nemus cried out in pain and I felt horrible. No bakugan should go through this pain. Baron's life force depleted completely and the battle was over. The bright glow of the Haos energy was still there and Hydron smiled victorious.

"And now it's time to take your Haos energy," he said with a smug gaze.

Dryoid reverted back to ball form as the Haos energy left Nemus in a beam of white light. No doubt it was returning to the Vestal Mother palace to charge the BT system.

When the battle field vanished, I could see time resumed and Baron's siblings ran to him worried. I stood and eyed Hydron with hate.

My eyes lingered on the gold chain he wore around his neck. He took noticed and winked at me causing me to shift away uncomfortably. Now I wished Spectra was with me more than ever.

"Consider this a warning of what can happen if you side against us. And against me," Hydron threatened and then smiled wickedly.

"Until next time, Grace Hudson. We are coming for you," Hydron promised and I was left without words.

"Baron, Grace, I am sorry. I thought I was strong enough, but I just couldn't. And now we've lost the precious Haos energy."

"Don't be sorry Nemus, you fought a hard battle and showed your bravery," Baron reassured and I nodded my head.

"Be proud of your fight Nemus. You've brawled fine and the important thing is you're okay," I tell him in a caring tone.

"How pathetic, you are Baron and quit trying to put a brave face on like Grace. Your defeat is humiliating. Take your lumps like a man."

"Says you," I snorted and I could see Hydron's fists become clenched.

"Get out of here!" Baron yelled and Hydron turned away with a smile.

Baron's sister, Maron rushed over and they talked as I stepped away from them. I had to let them have their space.

Instead, I just watched Hydron transport away without looking back. I looked at the ground and picked up the card Hydron threw at the ground. I see Baron walk up to me as we peered at it.

"You realize that today was just the beginning. Zenoheld has challenged us for a new battle," Nemus informed us.

"I know, listen up, we'll find a way to contact Dan and the others," I state.

"We'll fight the Vexos!" Baron cheered.

"Spoken like a true brawler. I think perhaps you have grown," Nemus said to Baron as they looked on with hope and excitement.

I on the other hand, glanced at the open park where Hydron had been. His words cut me to the core slightly as I had known him for so long. I could never imagine things being like this.

"Grace, you okay?" Titan asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, but Titan, we've got one heck of a battleahead of us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 209 32
Eighty percent of the entire world's population are born with some type of special ability. They are called quirks. Many of those with quirks devote...
33.4K 951 18
Another story to keep me busy and keep you all entertained, this time we're entering the World of the Bakugan battle brawlers. Y/N=your name L/N= la...
28.1K 757 34
What if Bakugo Katsuki had a younger sister? What if she was quirkless? What if that girl, that quirkless girl, was the one that keep going out at n...
1.9K 20 27
"Oi! Raccoon Eyes! Where's FireBitch?" Bakugo shouted as he was helping guide people on the boat. The pink girl walked towards him, holding a device...