Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

由 Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... 更多

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 23

718 11 3
由 Edentopia

Grace's P.O.V

Mira was sulking on the bed and being consoled by Wilda.

"What happened to us Grace?" She asked me and I frowned.

"I don't know Mira. I guess after Hydron and everything, I just closed myself off from you. When I ran into the Vexos, your brother didn't give me a choice to leave without consequences. He was determined."

"That sounds like my brother for you," Mira laughed dryly.

"I guess so, when I was winning every battle, I was so close to gaining my freedom back. But your brother was such a strong brawler compared to myself. He had been studying my every tactic and won. I couldn't go back because I was still mad at you. I had to move on and start anew. And we can see how that turned out."

"I'm so sorry about what happened and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me," Mira apologized.

I cut her off with a grin.

"I forgive you. You would feel the same way if our roles were reversed. We can only forgive and move on into the future."

"Of course. How do you suppose we do that?" She asked me in a quiet tone.

I made a grim face, "We have to beat your brother in battle."

"Us two against him? He'll know something's up," Mira protested.

"We have no other choice. We need to stand up for ourselves while we can. Look, I want you back with the Resistance. You need to be with them to save the bakugan. If it comes to it, I want you to battle your brother. Don't worry about me. I will be able to take care of myself."

Mira shook her head, "Grace, I can't just leave you here. What about Hydron?"

I scoffed, "Don't worry, I think the only person I have to be concerned about is Spectra."

"Why don't you call him Keith?" Mira asked me.

I met her with a hard gaze.

"That is not the Keith I grew up with and battled alongside. He just called me a pawn in his plans and I'm fighting back. We are going to take him down."

Mira sighed at that, "He wants me to rule New Vestroia with him."

"I know," I say.

She fell onto the bed and I drew my eyebrows.

"Mira, are you okay?"

Mira nodded her head, "I'm fine Grace. I just don't know what to do for once."

"Don't worry Mira, everything will sort itself out."

Mira looked at me for reassurance and I did my best to show that on my face.

She looked at Wilda, her guardian bakugan for help.

"Wilda, please tell what I should do."

A part of me felt sorry for Mira. This was where she had to grow up too fast and for that she's always been on guard. How could one fight against their own hero who is your own sibling?

Wilda opened up and spoke to her.

"I am your partner. I trust you. Where you go, I will go."

I smiled at her when she relaxes and I nod my head.

"Titan and I will stand by you too."

"Thank you," she says graciously and then sits up on the bed pulling out her communicator.

She turned her head, "Now, let's do this."

Mira's P.O.V

It felt great to reconcile with Grace. A huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. But now we had a challenge to face. Our freedom. Both of us came willingly to join, well kind of. And now our time has come to leave on our own terms.

I pulled out my communicator and call Spectra. Until he decided to be my brother again, he'll only ever be Spectra Phantom. A cruel monster.

"Spectra," I greet curtly and Grace eyes me cautiously when he answers.

Grace tenses when he answers and I made sure she was not seen to him. We had agreed that I would be speaking for her as Spectra could easily hang up with her or take control of the situation.

"Mira," He responded.

Grace and I exchanged troubled looks. By the tone of his voice I could only assume he was aware I was not the only one in the room. He didn't say anything about it. Not yet anyways.

"I have an offer will you battle with me?" I ask him seriously.

"And what will happen if I do?" Spectra questioned almost immediately.

"I am a bakugan brawler. I will let the battle decide my future."

"Fair enough," Spectra mused, "Tomorrow morning on the battlefield then. Oh and by the way, do remind Grace of her debt to me. Of course, if she can hear me I might just say it. Grace Hudson, I will see you tomorrow and be ready."

He then hung up and I look at Grace wide eyed. He knew she was there. What debt did she owe him? She had some explaining to do.

"Mira-" Grace begins, but I cut her off.

"Tell me, what did you do? Please Grace, I need to know," I pleaded and Grace frowned.

"It happened during the battle to get Drago back from your brother. When Apollonir struck Drago who shot Dan into the crates, I rushed over to check on him."

"I remember that," I say faintly.

We had exchanged glances then and that was where I hoped Grace had changed to our side.

"Well, Gus found me and dragged me back to Spectra. The little weasel wanted to leave me stranded on Earth, but Spectra overruled him saying I was coming back. But I owed him for that betrayal."

"Oh, Grace," I said shaking my head.

"I had to see if Dan was hurt."

"Well let's just hope this debt does not put an end to our plans," I say hopeful.

"I promise it won't," Grace assured me and I let out a deep breath.

Tomorrow was the day that will decide our fates. We both sat in silence anticipating what was to come.

Spectra's P.O.V

I stayed up all night in the lab working on Helios' transformation. With his upgrades, I will be on step closer to taking over New Vestroia. I could tell my dear sister was lost for words when I told of my greatest plan. She was no doubt thinking of a plan to get me back.

When she had called, I immediately knew she was not alone. Grace was in the room with her and no doubt helping her plot my defeat. Even with their combined forces, they were no match for myself and Helios. Grace didn't even have a gauntlet to brawl with.

When she brought the offer to battle, I made sure to remind Grace of her debt to me for checking on Dan Kuso long ago. The thought still made me jealous. She did not deserve him. But thanks to my reminder, I'm almost sure that the two ladies are now conflicted and are thrown off.

I couldn't wait for my debt to come into action. These stakes will be raised and I will come out victorious.

"Lucky girl," I said smug, "You will be the first to fall to my greatest creation. Isn't that right Helios?"

Helios' eyes glowed with power and I laughed victorious at my greatest achievement. Tomorrow I will test the opportunity to test my weapon.

When I finished in the lab, I walked out only to be met with Hydron.

"Spectra, what are you doing at this hour?" He asked suspiciously.

"None of your concern, my prince," I say with false loyalty in my voice.

"But as your prince, I feel as though I need to know what is going on at all times," Hydron commented.

"Which raises the question what do you want? We both know that you didn't come to Gamma City just to visit me."

Hydron rolled his eyes.

"A smart adversary but nonetheless. I am looking for Grace."

"Didn't you ask Lync as he is her new bodyguard?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

It was the most logical explanation.

"He is unsure of her location and therefore failing in his job. I will deal with him personally later. But in the meantime, I expect you to return Grace to me when she is found.

"Of course," I say bitterly.

"And one more thing Spectra, I would like to have a personal conference with you. I expect you to come."

I nodded my head as Hydron turned on his heel and left.

I was left sulking to myself. At least he was not aware of my treachery.

I went to my room and laid down on the cold bed. It didn't feel as comfy. It felt only empty. Like something was missing.

I blinked hard and sighed as I realized what it was. It was Grace. I tucked Helios who was resting from his transformation into my pocket. He would be out until tomorrows trial.

Based on Hydron's words, I could assume Grace was not in her room at the palace. I entered Grace's old room in the Alpha headquarters only to find it empty. I snorted and assumed she had decided to spend the night with Mira.

I entered her bed and placed my head on her pillow. I inhaled her sweet scene and some warmth filled me and led me to a more peaceful slumber.

Grace's P.O.V

I decided to reside with Mira for the night. She was sleeping soundly, but I remained awake. I couldn't sleep because of everything that happened. What did Spectra want from me?

I took deep breaths and tried not to think of what was to come. Eventually I slipped away into a deep sleep.

When I woke up, I see Mira still sleeping soundly beside me. I carefully get out of the bed we shared without waking her up. I slipped out of the room and left Titan on the table.

I walked over to my room and open the door and stifle a gasp when I see a boy lying in my bed. Upon closer inspection, it was Spectra.

My eyes flicker to the communicator I left on my night table. Hoping not to wake him, I crept slowly to the communicator.

My hand reached out to grab it when Spectra's hand shot out of nowhere and grasped my own. I jumped startled and his eyes opened lazily.

"I've been waiting for you," he says softly.

"Why are you in my bed," I demanded.

"I miss you," Spectra answered honestly.

"What happened to me being just a pawn in your games?" I say bitterly.

I couldn't hide the hatred in my voice which led to Spectra avoiding my gaze.

"I didn't mean any of it," he told me profoundly and I look at him conflicted.

"What do you want from me?" I ask hoping he would cave in and tell me.

He laughed, "Foolish Grace, why would I spoil the fun? But if you must ask, what I really want is you."

With that, Spectra threw me onto the bed and was on top of me. I gave him a repulsed look as he leaned in. He really was going crazy. I was pinned down and if he started to take his shirt off, I don't think I would be able to take it. Instead, I just glared.

"Spectra, let me go," I stated.

"Never. You're mine. And I'm going to make sure you know it," Spectra muttered as he claimed my lips with his own. He smiled when I tensed up at his touch of affection. How was he able to throw me off guard so easily?

"Don't you just love this feeling. We are meant to be. You crave this Storm Brooke."

"The name's Grace," I muster out before he began kissing again.

I finally saved enough strength and forced him back from me. I stood up and looked at Spectra with no words.

"Admit it, it was a rush of adrenaline for you," Spectra taunted and I rolled my eyes.

It was, but he didn't need to know that.

"I shall see you on the battlefield," I saycurtly before walking out once more. 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

68.5K 2.1K 59
Kuri Nakano is a half Japanese girl from the U.S. living what most would consider a good life; with pro hero parents and a quirk that has landed her...
934 66 25
(Summitted for Wattys2019) (Future submission for #ECA2020) Bearlywrote captured three souls and send them to the Nonfictional world, but it's still...
16K 390 54
Co-writer: @Banunu ~Warm blood trickled down her shoulder while shielding him. There were spots onto the ground. Head hanging low from the recoil of...
232K 4.7K 37
I know this is gonna sound weird but one day my whole world changed, you see cards started falling out of the sky, coming down like rain, at first we...