Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

By Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... More

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 16

788 8 0
By Edentopia

Storm's P.O.V

When we arrived in Beta City, all the Vexos were in the main common room talking in hushed tones.

"Spectra, so you've decided to grace us with your presence?" Mylene said flatly.

"That's right. Let's just say we had a little help from one of the six ancient warriors," Gus bragged.

"Yeah right Gus," Volt said doubtfully.

"Too bad. I thought you were stuck on that garbage planet for good," Shadow frowned and cackled.

"Nice to see you guys too," Lync said laughing and leaning against a wall.

"Please, we all know you missed us," I said winking at the Vexos.

At Mylene's scowl, I said, "It's okay Mylene. Now that I'm back, you don't have to keep playing your 'I'm the leading Aquos Brawler in all of New Vestroia' act. The real leading Aquos Brawler is here. Stand aside."

"In your dreams, Storm. Everyone knows where you're going to be from now on."

I glared, "That's where you're wrong, Mylene."

She gritted her teeth and we tried to stare each other down.

"Here they go again," Volt said bored.

"Any news Mylene?" Spectra asked joining in finally.

Instead of answering him she peered to behind Lync where Mira was standing quietly.

"Huh? What is she doing here?"

The other Vexos looked at her alarmed.

"You fool, that traitor has no business being here. Explain this," Mylene said crossing her arms.

It was almost humorous to see Mylene so distressed. She was no longer the leader of the Vexos and she knew it.

"Mira Firmen has joined the Vexos. Accept it or else."

"What?" Mylene said astonished.

"Isn't that right, Mira?" Spectra asked and everyone looked at Mira.

"He's right," Mira let out and bowed her head down.

"Smart thinking there Firman. You can take it from me. Ah, the Battle Brawlers Resistance is history."

A screen was then brought up showing the three brawlers enclosed in tubes floating lifelessly in front of us. Mira looked horrified at her comrades. I tried to keep my face straight, but struggled at the sight of the Darkus brawler. How could they have taken him down?

"Not looking so tough right now, are they? And when the others get here. We'll pickle them too."

He let out a dark laugh and walked away.

"It's Ace. And Shun. And Marucho," Mira let out dryly.

I watched Mira as she stared at her fallen friends. I turned to Mylene angrily.

"How did you do it Mylene? I know they wouldn't come willingly."

"Please, it was so easy. I'd do the same thing to you in a heartbeat," Mylene sneered.

I laughed, "Please it would be the other way around. Against me, you are nothing."

She glared at me and I turned around laughing darkly.

Lync called me over and I look at him slightly concerned.

"Hydron's trying to contact me," he informed me and I nodded my head stepping back.

Gus and Spectra joined me.

"It's good to have you back Lync and what of Spectra?" Hydron's voice registered.

"Oh, he doesn't suspect anything. He's been up to his old tricks. Strutting and trying to boss everyone around."

"Excellent. Then I will have him battle for me a little longer. And what of Grace?"

I see Spectra clench his fist and I elbow him hard in the side much to Gus' dismay.

"Last time I checked, she seemed to be baiting Mylene on. The two would not stop bickering. But it does make for some good entertainment."

"Well Lync, as her new bodyguard you should be preventing that. How about you bring her to me? The three of us need to discuss some important matters. And what about Spectra's little 'crush'?"

I see Lync scoff, "Please. Those two? Non-existent."

"I see, very well. I will see you soon Lync. And remember, I am counting on you."

Hydron cut the call and he looked at the three of us.

"Count on me? You can count on me to do what's best for me," he mumbled and eyed us three.

He stepped forward.

"Well, I best be off with Storm," Lync states linking my arm with his.

Spectra narrows his gaze and Lync pulls me away. I give him an apologetic look and elbow Lync to the side. We continued to walk in line until we were in the common room.

The screen opened to show Hydron sitting on his throne and twirling his hair. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Ah, Grace you returned. Welcome back. Did you have fun on Earth?"

His tone was mocking and he wanted me to come crawling back to him. His gaze was hard and expecting me to crack.

"Firstly, the name's Storm. Secondly, Earth was eventful to say the least. I would go again," I say back.

Hydron looks back at Lync and I with a horrified face. he recomposed himself.

"Ah, Grace, you don't get it, do you? You're not to be part of the Vexos. You're meant to be with me ruling above it all," Hydron said sadly.

"My Lord Hydron," Lync chimes in, "I suggest we keep her with the Vexos. The king would be most pleased with the end result."

Hydron hardened his gaze and I swallowed. I didn't want Lync getting in trouble for this.

"I advise against it Lync. Why would I do that?" He scowled.

"Simple, Spectra is expecting you to whisk your girl away and go crawling back to your father. By letting her stay, you won't be revealing any weakness to anyone," Lync reasoned.

Hydron nodded his head agreeing.

"Very well, but she is your responsibility. Should the Beta City Controller fall, she stays with me."

"Agreed," Lync said as Hydron hung up.

I glared at the screen and then at Lync.

"I tried to buy us some time, didn't I?"

"Well, we can't fail," I state flatly and turn around leaving Lync on my tail.

We returned to the control center and saw the map of the city. There were two red dots blinking at the perimeter.

"Time to complete the collection," Shadow said hysterically.

"Indeed," Mylene agreed and forcibly transported the two brawlers into the arena.

"Man, I got bruises on my bruises," Dan moaned.

"Me too."

"Where are we?" Dan asked Baron and Baron looked around.

"It looks like a battle arena," baron observed.

A light shone directly at the two brawlers and they raised a hand to deflect the light. When they looked again, us Vexos were standing in an observation deck above the arena.

"So, you found your way back," Spectra tells the brawlers bitterly.

All of us flocked at his side staring down the brawlers.

"Spectra," Dan glared.

"You should have learned by now Dan Kuso. Staying in your own world and minding your own business will save you so much suffering."

"You can't shake us!" Dan replied unshaken.

A spotlight opened and revealed Mylene and Shadow standing there with their arms crossed waiting to battle. I sighed. I wanted to replace Mylene badly. I should've been the head of Beta City, but battling with Shadow... The idea seemed horrid. However, I did want to brawl with Dan.

Ignoring Spectra, I raced towards the battlefield and interrupted Mylene's rant.

"Shove over Mylene. I'm doing this," I mumbled.

"Please Brooke, Beta City is my control. Just go crawling back to Spectra up there," Mylene snapped and I rolled my eyes.

"You lost the right to control Beta City when I defeated you so easily. Stand aside," I say intimidating.

She gritted her teeth at me refusing to budge. Shadow smiled and laughed, "Chill out Mylene. Let's let her battle with me. We haven't done so in a while. Besides you can sure learn your place."

Mylene scowled at Shadow and I and stormed off to join the other Vexos. Dan and Baron look astounded.

"Who knew they had issues," Baron stated and I look at him through my mask.

"Please that technicality is hardly worth my time. This on the other hand brings laughter to my face. Let's do this," I say pumped.

"GAUNTLET POWER STRIKE!" The four of us called and activated our gauntlets.

Mira's P.O.V

I didn't bother sticking around to watch the battle. I needed to free Ace, Shun and Marucho. The other Vexos would be too involved in the battle with Dan and Baron to notice me slip away.

I wandered the endless hallways hoping to walk into the right room. The door opened and I gasped slightly at the sight. Ace, Shun and Marucho were in front of me trapped in their prisons. The video was not as bad as seeing it in real life. It was horrifying.

I instantly rushed over to the controller and stared at the computer screen. I was versed in little technology, but I was slowly learning. For my age, I was more advanced than the other children in the school. It was all thanks to Keith and Grace. They taught me everything I know. I guess that's why I was bullied more often after they started to drift from me. I managed to salvage Grace and I's friendship, but my brother and I's bond completely faded when he vanished. Even then, after the breakup, Grace never looked at me the same way again. Even with the Resistance established, she kept her distance from me.

I wanted to make things right between us, but that task seemed impossible. Luckily, I had Ace and Baron recruited. Us four were like a family. It was perfect. We fought off the Vexos together and they were targeting Grace more so than the rest of us due to her past with Hydron. However, she fought valiantly with Titan.

Then things took a darker turn. She went on a security check for me and she never returned.

Then I met Storm Brooke for the first time.

I was on searching for Grace. It had been four months since she's vanished and I refused to give up hope.

"Well would you take a look at what I found?" A voice sneered at me.

I glanced up to see a girl wearing a blue bird like mask on her face with a metallic feathered design. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She wore was white shirt with a gold design and a dark blue leathered Jacket, black pants and blue boots with Gold designs on the top edge of the boot. Her gauntlet was strapped on her right arm and her dark blue fingerless gloves were clenched in fists she smirked at me.

"Who are you?" I asked and the figure flipped forward and landed elegantly.

"The name's Storm Brooke. Leading Aquos Brawler and your worst nightmare. You are no match for the Vexos. So, I would stop playing your little 'resisting' games if I were you before you regret it."

I narrowed my eyes readying my gauntlet, "Well, no more talk and games. Let's do this."

Storm smirked, "I thought you'd never ask."

We began our battle and she called upon her Aquos bakugan. They creamed Wilda and I, but I didn't show defeat in my face.

"Let this be a message for those who continue to resist us," Storm stated coldly and walked away leaving me standing there unsure what to think.

So, this was the new Vexos member? She proved to be more lethal than I thought.

That was the first time I faced off against Grace. She was ruthless in battle and being with the Vexos has molded her into a brutal brawler. Now I understood why she didn't use Titan in that battle, I would've recognized her otherwise.

I was so busy thinking about Grace that I didn't hear the door slide opened and Spectra walked in behind me. I look astonished and froze in place. I was going to get in trouble.

"I'm sorry," I say harshly.

"You want to save your friends, don't you?" Spectra asked.

He walked over to the computer and started typing in information. Slowly the water drained from their prisons and Ace, Shun and Marucho landed in a wet heap in the floor.

"You are in my debt now, Mira,"

"Thank you, but why Keith?"

"My name is not Keith, it's Spectra Phantom," Spectra told me glaring.

He then turned and walked away leaving me astoundedon what was going on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230 3 9
based on the anime Bakugan battle brawlers New Vestroia, this fanfic tells the story about how Mira and Keith learned about the Bakugan inteligence a...
1.6K 20 26
"Oi! Raccoon Eyes! Where's FireBitch?" Bakugo shouted as he was helping guide people on the boat. The pink girl walked towards him, holding a device...
62.9K 1.3K 13
[Rosario Vampire Female Harem X Brawler! Female Reader] !!CREDITS TO TEXTURES.CAFE FOR THE OVERLAYS AND CREDIT TO ANIMETEXTURESH FOR THE BACKGROUND...
68.4K 2.1K 59
Kuri Nakano is a half Japanese girl from the U.S. living what most would consider a good life; with pro hero parents and a quirk that has landed her...