Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

נכתב על ידי Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... עוד

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 12

1K 13 0
נכתב על ידי Edentopia

Mira's P.O.V

My eyes were wide in shock. I wasn't imagining things. My brother... The person who has been my hero for my whole life. He was my own brother.

And Storm... She was my childhood friend. She had told me that she was dead when in fact she really was Storm Brooke. It now made sense how she had the locket or how she reacted when I brought up Hydron. It was still hard to swallow. My best friend and former co-leader of the Resistance was now the enemy. The hatred in her eyes was evident that she was no longer fighting for the bakugan's freedom, but rather working to continue their suffering.

The way they left together. It was as if Keith was staking a claim on her. Did he feel something towards her?

I still remember when I was younger and rushed to find Grace. It was when my brother first went missing.

"Grace! It's horrible," I wept and she wrapped a protective arm around me.

"It's okay, we'll find him I promise," she reassured me with a hard gaze, "I'll have Hydron look for him. He could help."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. She always wanted to include Hydron in our talks. We both didn't like each other but we forced ourselves to tolerate the other for Grace's sake.

"Please, I don't want him to know," I told her and she nodded her head.

"Of course," she sighed giving in.

For the next week, we looked and with each day, I grew more desperate. Grace tried to reassure me and we were wandering the palace corridor.

"Don't worry, we'll find him," Grace told me and a voice cut in.

"Find who?"

In front of us was a boy with spiky blonde hair and a red feathered coat. His mask looked like a bird's and made him look more intimidating.

"Who are you?" I asked coldly.

The boy stared, "I'm Spectra Phantom. Top Vexos brawler and Grace's personal body guard."

"What?" Grace said confused, "Since when did I have a bodyguard?"

"Since now. Let's go, Hydron is waiting for you," He says roughly and grabs her hand.

She resists and I glare at him.

"Who do you think you are? She's my friend," I protested.

"If I were you, I would shut that mouth of yours," Spectra said coldly and he left with Grace.

At the time, I thought he was just overprotective of her as a body guard, but now it made sense. He knew her from before. He was aware of Mine and Grace's friendship and even joined in on the fun. The two of them seemed to get along well and enjoy everything.

I couldn't focus while eating supper with Dan's mother. Keith was Spectra. My hero and brother. While growing up, he always enjoyed hanging out with us. More specifically, Grace. He was always looking out for her despite the three-year difference.

Spectra's P.O.V

Walking with Storm beside me made me feel happy. She should've been with me instead of the prince. My plan to over throw the royal family will succeed. And when I do, I'll have her by my side.

"So that happened," Storm let out an exasperated sigh as we headed towards the warehouse Gus found for us.

We sat down on the cold, hard ground as Gus left a note.

"Gone to find food, will be back soon. Use my jacket for warmth if needed," I read his note out loud.

We shared puzzled looks and both took our masks off and remained silent.

"Who knew life would end up like this," she states simply.

"I know. You didn't have to come. I know you like the prince," I tell her bitterly.

She gives me a look. Was that a lie?

"Key word. Liked. As in not anymore. I used to and although there are still sparks, it is nothing like before. He's my past and I'm creating my own future," she says determined.

"I see, does your future involve me by any chance?" I ask her hiding the hope in my tone.

She shrugs, "Beats me, I'm still trying to figure out."

This causes me to laugh. She gives me a questioning look.

"You're too cute," I tell her as I bury my head into her shoulder. She tenses at the touch and I smile.

"What are you doing?" She asked me in a small voice.

"Something I should've done before," I tell her and place my lips on hers gently.

She closed her eyes and leaned into it. My hand found itself on her cheek cradling it tenderly. Sparks flew and I've never felt so alive.

When we pulled away, she looked up at me.

"Keith..." She let out using my real name, "Why?"

"Grace Hudson, since the moment we met, you have captivated me. I didn't want to ruin your friendship with Mira, but once I became Spectra Phantom, I knew I could have a chance. Except Hydron got in the way. Even then, I stopped back to let you be happy. I guess I must say that I am happy that Hydron screwed up because he lost his chance with you. I hope you know that you are the most exciting brawler I have ever faced. Even more so than Kuso," I confessed to her and watch her speechless face.

"Keith..." She said and her voice trailed off.

"Shhhh," I cut her off, "You don't have to say anything. Just know that I will always be there to protect you."

She nodded her head and rested her head on my shoulder. Our stomachs growled and we forced ourselves to get comfortable. Soon enough she was resting her head on my chest and I supported her on top of me. At first, she refused trying to remain professional, but I coaxed her into it. Now she was nestled up against my chest and comfortable.

"So, what do you think is going to happen to us?" Storm asked me and I didn't say anything.

"Spectra?" She asked me quietly.

"Call me Keith," I suggest and continue, "And I get to call you Grace."

"Sounds like a deal, just not in front of the others," Grace says as her cheeks redden.

Her hair had been undone and I was running my hands through the rich dark brown hair of Grace.

She was exhausted today and we heard a thunder clash and a flash of lightning. Grace brought herself closer to me nervously and I chuckled softly. Watching through the window, we saw the raindrops hitting the glass. The calming sensation took over me and the need to protect Grace intensified.

Eventually the two of us fell asleep with my arms wrapped around her. She was breathing quietly and occasionally shifted in her sleep. As long as she was in my arms I was fine with what she did.

Gus returned late and I handed him his coat back. Mine was folded on a box beside me with Grace's things.

"You have it for tonight," Gus insisted and I shook my head.

He took a spot beside us and we spoke in hushed tones as to not wake Grace.

"How did the two of you meet?" Gus asked me and I smiled at the memory.

It was the first day of school and Mira was in Kindergarten and Grace was in Grade one. I was only nine at the time and a lively child at that.

"You look out for your sister okay?" Professor Clay told me and I nodded my head.

Mira's short orange hair was sticking out from static as she giggled at me. I nodded my head at Mira and we walked over to the elementary section of the school.

I bent down and she eyed me curiously.

"Okay, so you'll be in that classroom and I'll be in the room across the yard. If you need anything, I'll be there for you okay? Just knock on the door," I told her and she nodded her head.

"I'll be fine big brother," she reassured me and ran to the group of kids her age. I smile and look around the yard. My friends waved me over and we spoke about the summer. Hearing all of their adventures was interesting and I became bored of it.

Near the end of the school day, I wandered off and felt myself get tackled to the ground. I struggled and looked up to see a girl staring down at me.

"Get off me," I demanded and the girl just smiled.

She was unlike any other girl I've seen at the school. Her brown hair and brown eyes were rare here and I have never heard of anyone with those coloured traits.

"Who are you?" I spit out and she laughed at my words.

"I'm Grace. I'm in grade one. I moved here from a different section in Alpha."

"Where's your mom and dad?" I ask coldly and she steps back and her face hardens at the mention.

A single tear slips from her eyes and I swallowed unsure what to do. I've seen Mira cry as a toddler because of me, but never really another girl.

"I don't have parents. I moved here on my own," Grace confesses.

"I'm sorry," I tell her unaware.

"It's fine," she says abruptly and pauses and runs off.

What was that about? I continued to walk around the yard blowing off class time when I heard a shout.

"Hey leave her alone!" I heard Grace yell at a group of kids.

I run over to see what is happening. The group of kids run away from Grace and Grace appeared mad.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I ask her concerned.

She gives me a cold shoulder.

"Why would you care? You don't even know me."

I was shaken by her words until I saw the third person. It was Mira.

"Keith!" She exclaimed and ran over to me crying.

I wrap my arms around my sister protectively.

"What happened Mira?" I ask her gently.

She sniffled, "Those mean kids were pulling my hair and calling me names. School isn't fun Keith. I want to go home!"

She buried her face into my pants and I look at Grace. Mira has a nose bleed and I see Grace's hands stained with blood.

"You tried to help her?" I ask softly.

Grace nods her head silently.

"How do you know her?" she asks me and I look at Grace.

"That's my little sister, Mira."

Mira looked out from my clothes and she smiled at Grace and pulled her into a hug. Grace was surprised, but quickly wrapped her arms around Mira protectively.

"She saved me Keith," Mira cheered, "Those bad kids were hurting me and she fought them off."

"I can't thank you enough for protecting my sister," I thank Grace who nods her head.

"Don't worry about it. I never quite got your name," Grace infers and Mira cut in answering.

"This is my big brother Keith. He's nine years old," She said and Grace laughed lightly.

"Mira," I say with my cheeks reddening.

"That's okay. I'm Grace. I'm six years old."

"Cool, maybe we can play together sometime," Mira smiled and I see Grace smile back.

"Of course."

"Where do you live? Maybe our father can drive you home," I offer and she shakes her head.

"I am home," she tells us and we both give her a confused look.

"What do you mean... Oh," I say realizing what she meant.

She gestured to the big tree where she tackled me. She lived at the school alone.

"Hey maybe do you want to come live with us?" I ask her and her eyes lit up.

"Do you really mean it?" She asked hopeful.

I nodded my head, "My father wouldn't mind."

Grace got up and tackled me to the ground in joy.

"Do you really mean it?" She asked doubtfully and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I do," I tell her and Mira cheers alongside me.

That was one of the best days of my life. That was the day I met the crazy brunette named Grace Hudson.

The three of us stuck together like glue looking out for each other. The other students made fun of Grace for living at the school, but Mira and I offered our friendship and stood up for each other. Time went on and we graduated from school. In that time, Grace met Prince Hydron and slowly, she drifted further from our trio. It sucked and then I drifted too and Mira was on her own. When the bakugan came, I wanted to be the best. I wanted to show Grace I was worth her time unlike Hydron. And so, I became Spectra Phantom.

"That's the story," I concluded to Gus in a quiet voice.

"I am most honoured that you have chosen me to share such a grand story, Master," Gus commented and I nodded my head.

"Indeed, it is, Gus."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

934 66 25
(Summitted for Wattys2019) (Future submission for #ECA2020) Bearlywrote captured three souls and send them to the Nonfictional world, but it's still...
24.9K 748 34
What if Bakugo Katsuki had a younger sister? What if she was quirkless? What if that girl, that quirkless girl, was the one that keep going out at n...
4.6K 172 32
Eighty percent of the entire world's population are born with some type of special ability. They are called quirks. Many of those with quirks devote...
1.7K 77 48
it's been a whole year since Dan, Marucho, and Shun defeated Emperor Barodius, and ever since then, Bakugan Interspace has flourished into a bigger a...