Fight for Freedom (A Bakugan...

By Edentopia

Grace Hudson was once the co-creator of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers Resistance along with Mira Firmen. Howeve... More

Character Profile: Grace Hudson/Storm Brooke
Soundtrack
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 6

1K 12 0
By Edentopia

Storm's P.O.V

Going through these memories brought up so many different emotions ranging from hate to love. I sighed loudly remembering the bitter breakup.

After Mira gave me the ultimatum, I made my choice to listen to her. Saving the bakugan was important to me and I had to do just that. Hydron had to understand.

Hydron visited the apartment and Mira answered the door. She gave the look and I sighed quietly.

"What's up Hydron?" I ask him unsure of what is going on.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk about us, alone," he replied and I give him a worried look.

Was he going to break up with me? It would've made the issue much easier, but would break my heart just the same.

At my worried expression he reassured me, "Don't worry Gracie, I won't break up with you. I love you too much."

I let out a smile of relief and nodded my head. His violet eyes pierced me and kept me mesmerized. How was I going to break this boy's heart?

"I was wondering Grace, if you would like to reside at the Palace with me and my father and the rest of the Vexos?"

I widened my eyes in shock. It would be an honour to stay at the Palace with the royals and the Vexos.

I sighed and avoided his gaze. He looked at me starting to get more unsure. He took my hand in his and held it out in front of him. His eyes gleaming with desperation. Uncertainty... It was present.

Mira's threat hung in my head. Her words cutting me deep until I couldn't find myself.

"Is something wrong, my dear? Are you not happy? Was I too much? We can slow things down and wait if you want, I don't want to pressure you."

"It's not that, it's just..." I say and my voice trails off in thought.

"Just what?"

"I can't be with you," I let out sad and Hydron furrows his eyebrow.

"That's okay, you can live with Mira and Professor Clay still if you wish. I don't mind having to visit you," He said smiling and I shook my head.

"No, Hydron. I can't be with you," I tell him again, but more seriously.

The message seems to have gotten across and Hydron's face sank as he looked at me.

"You can't be serious? Why?" He asked starting to get more upset.

"I'm sorry Hydron. It's not you it's me. I just can't do this with you. I think that it's best for the both of us if we just stop seeing each other."

Hydron's face turns into a frown, "I just don't get it. We've been going strong for so long. What changed?"

"I just came to a realization. I'm sorry."

The prince hung his head low and I took his hand.

"You'll always be in my heart, and I will never forget what you have done for me,"

We sat there together in silence and the tears were threatening to spill on my cheeks. I couldn't bear myself to leave, but if I stayed I would just fall apart.

I got up from my seat and Hydron looked at me with teary eyes.

"Don't leave me Gracie," he begged.

His voice was so heartbroken and ragged. He appeared to be trying to avoid tearing up as well. I bit my lip and it quivered.

"I'm sorry."

I then forced myself to run back to Mira's and Hydron kept calling my name until I was out of sight.

When I returned, I was crying and Mira opened the door and she saw my heartbroken face.

"Grace, I-" She started and I cut her off.

"Don't Mira! I hate you for this. If you knew what was best for you, you'd leave me be right now."

Mira didn't say another word as I raced to my room in her house and slammed the door. And I stayed there.

Tears fell down my face and I regretted that moment in my life ever since.

"I miss you Hydron," I whisper and Titan reassures me that everything will be okay.

"I miss you too Gracie," a voice replies and I turn around to see Hydron standing behind me with sad eyes.

I immediately became defensive, "Why are you here? More importantly why didn't you knock?"

I was going to continue ranting, but was cut off when he slammed his lips onto mine. My words became nothing as I melted against him. Sparks were igniting and I didn't want it to end.

When we finally pulled away from each other, I was left stunned. I look at him with no words. How come I felt this way with him.

"What was that?" I ask stunned and my brown eyes flashed with confusion.

Hydron shrugged his shoulders unsure himself.

"I never stopped," he told me and said nothing more.

"We should probably go," I tell him and walk past him, "Dinner's going to start."

"After Grace, I want you to come back to the palace with me," Hydron commented and I look at him skeptical.

"I can't," I tell him, "I am a member of the Vexos. My duty is here and so being my heart."

"Then stay with me here for a night," Hydron told me and I took a look around.

This was a dangerous game to play. It opened me up to the emotions I pushed aside. The boy whom was my best friend and ex-boyfriend wanted me back even though I ended it. I could not deny the fact that a small part of me wanted him to hold me and have my life go back to the way things were before it ended. It was selfish t consider such an offer, but maybe if I accepted, I could finally get Hydron off my back.

"I guess, it's one night," I tell him turning red.

He smiled and we headed to dinner.

The other Vexos, saw us coming in and Lync wiggled his eyebrows together.

"Where have you two been? Having your secret love disputes?"

"Shut up insolent fool, Storm here just had to deal with the punishment for your failure."

The other Vexos inspected me, but through my mask I said nothing.

"Why join us tonight, Hydron?" Lync questioned and the rest of the Vexos peered at him.

"The motives of why I joined are none of your business. Just know I want you to bring the Resistance to their knees. Mylene, you can go out and collect your bakugan tomorrow if you so wish. See to it that any Resistance members are squished against you."

"Of course, your highness. I won't fail you," Mylene vowed and eyed me.

I returned it with a glare and Shadow looked at her eagerly.

"Mylene, shall we be going?"

"You're not coming with me Shadow. So, you can just dream on. Go annoy someone else."

"Fine, I see how it is."

He looked at me with excited eyes and I hid my emotions. Even so, I felt myself tense up when he looked at me. It was creepy.

After dinner was settled, I got up from my seat and started walking towards the study.

"Where you going Storm? I thought we were going to be best friends."

I stopped to see him catch up with me.

"Leave me be Shadow."

"But it's too much fun. Besides, I don't bite."

"I seriously doubt that."

He glared at me and I took a seat in the study. Lync, Mylene and Volt were already reading a book.

Mylene glanced up and I muttered annoyed, "I brought you your 'friend' back. I don't want him."

"Too bad, he's your issue now."

"How about I hang out with both of you?" Shadow proposed.

Mylene and I exchanged looks. Even though we may hate each other, we found common ground occasionally.

Gus and Spectra entered the room and took a seat on one of the couches.

Spectra pulled out his book and caught me looking. I averted my gaze and sighed.

"What seems to be bringing you down?" Spectra asked me taking a seat beside me.

"Nothing to worry about," I stated flatly.

"I know something wrong when I see it."

"Just thinking of the past."

"Well the past isn't always pretty, but you have to move past it in order to continue," Spectra told me quietly.

Hours later, the Vexos began to call it a night. I bid each one a good sleep and once everyone was gone, I headed to my own room only to find Hydron standing in front of it.

"You didn't forget our earlier conversation, did you?"

I sulked and walked with him to his room. It was very simple like the others' rooms, but his was a little bigger. His bed was a higher size and on top of it were my clothes. I glared slightly at the Prince.

"You went through my drawers?" I ask annoyed.

"Don't worry, I just opened them and took something random out. I didn't look," Hydron said and his cheeks reddened slightly.

I slapped his shoulder and stormed off to the washroom.

"I'm sorry Grace," he apologized and I took a shower.

When I came out, he had his clothes in his hands and proceeded to clean up for the night too.

While he was showering, I see Titan on the night table.

"Are you sure about this?" Titan asked.

"I have to Titan. Besides nothing is going to happen," I assure him as I got in the bed.

Hydron got out of the shower and came out with plain pants and no shirt. His mint hair was spiked everywhere and small drops of water dripped from his shoulders onto his perfect torso. I found myself gawking slightly and held back. He took noticed and smirked.

"Like what you see?"

"No, put a shirt on. You're scarring me."

He laughed and turned around and put on a loose tee. He then climbed into the bed beside me and I let out an annoyed huff.

"What's wrong," he asked too innocently.

"Why did you kiss me?" I ask him in a hushed voice.

I could feel him shift beside me.

"I needed to let you know how much I miss you," was all he said.

"Oh. It's been what, a few months since we broke up," I told him casually.

"Why did you break things off?" He asked and added, "I know you regretted it as the words slipped out of your mouth. What happened?"

His violet eyes looked at me, searching for an answer. I had taken off the mask and my brown eyes look at him.

In my mind, I recalled the breakup. Mira was the person who did this. She caused everything to happen. She broke the bond between Hydron and I. But I couldn't blame her completely. I didn't agree with his collection of bakugan statues. It got worse as he planned to turn the ancient warriors in gold statues. Couple that with his treatment of the bakugan, he slowly began to turn me away. I tried to see past his flaws, but it grew too overwhelming.

As Storm, I even helped him by getting three of them. But as Grace, I felt cold and sick by taking part in these twisted actions.

"I don't know Hydron," I lie and he shakes his head.

"I don't believe you."

"Why do you act so mean to Storm and be nice to Grace when they're one and the same?"

"They're not though Grace. Storm Brooke is a ruthless warrior in the Vexos. An ex-member of the Resistance and loyal to the crown. Cold, but not as cruel as the others. Grace, where do I even begin. The nicest and most unique individual person I have ever met and yet to figure out. She would never back down from a challenge and stood by me thick and thin. Even so, she even got the King's favour. I act the way I do because I have to."

I sighed, "So if it came down to it and I became Storm Brooke, you wouldn't like me. Do you only like Grace Hudson?"

"I love you. No matter how many names you create for yourself, I will be by your side until the end."

"How did life become like this?"

"Do you wish it wasn't?" He asked me and I actually thought of the idea.

It seemed to beautiful to be true.

"I do. Something inside me wishes we never left each other," I say.

"Me too," Hydron says, "It doesn't have to stay this way."

After not speaking, I turn over and mutter, "I'm calling it a night. Night Hydron."

"Goodnight Grace."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 748 34
What if Bakugo Katsuki had a younger sister? What if she was quirkless? What if that girl, that quirkless girl, was the one that keep going out at n...
12.6K 232 34
Blake is in New Vestroia and is experiencing boredom. She decides to join the Vexos to occupy her time, but she finds something more. Spectra Phantom...
62.9K 1.3K 13
[Rosario Vampire Female Harem X Brawler! Female Reader] !!CREDITS TO TEXTURES.CAFE FOR THE OVERLAYS AND CREDIT TO ANIMETEXTURESH FOR THE BACKGROUND...
25.2K 926 39
Maria Galveston a girl who was born with out a Quirk in America. Her father abused her, her mother and her siblings. But one night after her fath...