The Littlest Timelord: The De...

Bởi HaleyMichelle5

[2nd in the "Littlest Timelord" series] The Doctor's death is looming on the horizon and Elise is growing eve... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
NEW BOOK UP!
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT!
SNEAK PEEK
SEQUEL UP!

Chapter 16

1.7K 54 8
Bởi HaleyMichelle5

One of the smaller tanks in the room began filling with Flesh and a copy of Jennifer sat up. She shot up and every jumped back.

"Well, I can see why you keep it in a church. Miracle of life," the Doctor said.

Elise thought it was amazing.

"No need to get poncey. It's just gunge," Buzzer commented.

"How can you say that?" Elise asked before she could stop herself, "Look at her! She's a living, breathing, human being!"

The Doctor put a hand on her shoulder. Internally he was jumping for joy. There was the Elise he remembered.

"Guys, we need to get to work," Cleaves told her team.

"Okay, everybody, let's crack on," Jimmy said.

There was a crack of thunder and lightning.

"Did I mention the solar storm?" the Doctor reminded them, "You need to get out of here."

"Where do you want us to go? We're on a tiny island."

"Well, I can get you all off it."

"Don't be ridiculous. We've got a job to do," Cleaves told him.

The Doctor pulled the snowglobe out of his jacket again. "It's coming."

A shrill alarm started going off.

"That's the alarm," Jennifer said.

"How do you get power?" the Doctor asked.

"We're solar. We use a solar router. The weathervane," Cleaves told him.

"Big problem."

"Boss, maybe if the storm's back we should get underground," Jimmy suggested, "The factory's seen better days. The acid pipes might not withstand another hit."

"We have two hundred tons of acid to pump out. We fall behind, we stay another rotation. Anyone want that?" Cleaves asked.

The Doctor grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away from the tank. "Please, you are making a massive mistake here. You're right at the crossroads of it. Don't turn the wrong way. If you don't, if you don't prepare for this storm, you are all in terrible danger. Understand?"

"My factory, my rules."

"I need to check the progress of the storm." The Doctor turned to Jennifer. "Monitoring station?"

Jennifer looked at him, not sure if she should answer or not.

"Monitoring station," he reiterated. He was in no mood to argue.

"Three lefts, a right and a left. Third door on your left."

"Thank you."

Amy, Rory, and Elise hurried after him all the while the building shook with the force of the solar storm.

The Doctor went straight for the controls. "Waves disturbing the Earth's magnetic field. There is going to be the mother and father of all power surges. See this weathervane, the cock-a-doodle-do? It's a solar router feeding the whole factory with solar power. When that wave hits, ka-boom. I've to get to that cockerel before all hell breaks loose."

He started to run out of the room when he turned back to them. He smiled. "I never thought I'd have to say that again. Amy, breathe." He turned back around and ran through the corridor.

"Yeah! I mean, thanks. I'll try!" she called after him.

The three of them ran back into the Flesh room before the Monastery went dark.

Elise sat up and rubbed her head. Amy and Rory were passed out next to her. Apparently, she had landed between them.

Rory's eyes opened. "Oh. For want of a better word, ow!"

Elise jumped up.

"Elise what is it?" Amy asked.

"Cleaves' team!"

Rory and Amy got to their feet, found some portable lights, and made their way to the harness room.

Buzzer was being helped down from his harness. "I feel like I been toasted," he said.

"What the hell happened?" Jimmy asked.

"The tsunami happened. You hurt?" Amy asked them.

"It feels like the National Grid's run through my bones but apart from that..."

"I hope the meter's not bust. I still want to get paid," Buzzer said.

Elise rolled her eyes. "We have bigger things to worry about than that."

Amy put a hand on her shoulder. Why was everyone trying to tell her to be quiet?

Rory ran over to Jennifer who was crying and hugged her. Amy looked over at them in jealousy.

Elise took her hand and said, "Rory loves you."

Amy smiled at the young Timelord. "Thanks, Elise."

The Doctor and Cleaves ran into the room. The Doctor ran over to Elise, checking her over for injuries.

"I'm fine, daddy," she told him.

"Doctor, these are all real people, so where are their Gangers?" Amy asked.

"Don't worry. When the link shuts down the Gangers return to pure Flesh," Cleaves reassured them, "Now, the storm's left us with acid leaks all over, so we need to contact the mainland. They can have a rescue shuttle out here in no time."

The Dusty Springfield song from earlier started up again.

"That's my record. Who's playing my record?" Jimmy asked.

"Your Gangers. They've gone walkabout," the Doctor said.

Cleaves shook her head. "No, it's impossible. They're not active. Cars don't fly themselves, cranes don't lift themselves and Gangers don't..."

They followed the sound of the record into the dining hall. It was a mess.

"No way," Buzzer said.

"I don't, I don't believe this," Cleaves added. The poor woman looked like she was about to pass out.

"They could've escaped through the service door at the back," Jimmy suggested.

"This is just like the Isle of Sheppey," Buzzer told them.

The Doctor sat down at the table. "It would seem the storm has animated your Gangers."

"They've ransacked everything," Cleaves said.

"Not ransacked, searched."

"Through our stuff!"

"Their stuff."

"Searching for what?" Jimmy asked.

"Confirmation. They need to know their memories are real."

"Oh, so they've got flaming memories now?" Buzzer scoffed. He was really starting to get on Elise's nerves, but Elise kept her mouth shut. No one was listening to her anyway.

"They feel compelled to connect to their lives," the Doctor told them.

"Their stolen lives," Cleaves said.

"No, bequeathed. You gave them this. You poured in your personalities, emotions, traits, memories, secrets, everything. You gave them your lives. Human lives are amazing. Are you surprised they walked off with them?"

"I'll say it again. Isle of Sheppey. Ganger got an electric shock, toddled off, killed his operator right there in his harness," Buzzer told them, "I've seen the photos. This bloke's ear was all hanging..."

Jimmy cut him off. "Even if this has actually happened, they can't remain stable without us plumbed in to them, can they, boss?"

Cleaves looked at him. "Guess we'll find out."

Jennifer gasped and grabbed onto the table she was standing next to.

"Are you okay? Do you need some water?" Rory asked, going into nurse mode.

"I feel funny. I need the washroom."

"I'll come with you." Rory followed her out.

Dicken sneezed, causing Amy to jump.

"Sorry," he said.

"Oh! That's okay."

The Doctor stared at the card tower on the table.

"That's me. It's good to have a hobby," Buzzer told him, "So what, my Ganger did that all on its own?"

"Who taught you to do this?"

"My granddad."

"Well, your Ganger's granddad taught him to do it, too. You both have the same childhood memories, just as clear, just as real."

Buzzer shook his head and destroyed the card tower. "No."

"Scared, disorientated, struggling to come to terms with an entire life in their heads."

"We need to protect ourselves," Jimmy said.

The Doctor popped a meal into the microwave.

Elise narrowed her eyes at him. How could he think about food at a time like this?

"Are you a violent man, Jimmy?" he asked.

"No."

"Then why would the other Jimmy be?"

"Don't tell me you can eat at a time like this, Doctor," Cleaves said, voicing what Elise was thinking.

"You told me we were out cold for a few minutes, Cleaves, when in fact it was an hour."

"Sorry, I just assumed..."

"Well, it's not your fault. Like I said, they're disoriented. Amy, when you got to the alcoves, who was in harness?"

"Jimmy and Dicken were helping Buzzer out."

"Jennifer?"

"She was standing on her own when we got to her."

The microwave dinged and the Doctor handed the plate to Cleaves.

Elise's eyes widened, realizing what the Doctor was doing.

"It's hot," the Doctor told her.

Cleaves quickly dropped the plate.

The Doctor took Cleaves' hand, looking at her palm. "Trans-matter's still a little rubbery. Nerve endings not quite fused properly."

Cleaves yanked her hand out of his. "What are you talking about?"

"It's okay."

"Why didn't I feel that?"

"You will. You'll stabilize."

"No, stop it. You're playing stupid games. Stop it!" She turned away from them.

"You don't have to hide. Please, trust me. I'm the Doctor."

She spun around, her face now completely Ganger.

Buzzer grabbed a knife, but Jimmy held him back. "Where's the real Cleaves, you thing? What have you done with her?" he spat.

"That's it. Good, you remember. This is early Flesh. The early stages of the technology. So much to learn."

"Doctor, what's happened to her?" Amy asked.

"She can't stabilize. She's shifting between half-formed and full-formed, for now at least."

"We are living!" She ran out of the room, screaming.

"Let her go," the Doctor told them.

Elise gasped. "Rory."

Amy turned to the Doctor, realizing the same thing. "Doctor, Rory."

"Rory?"

"Rory!"

"Oh, Rory. Rory! Always with the Rory."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

133K 4.5K 66
ignite /ɪɡˈnʌɪt/ catch fire or cause to catch fire. •✽• Fool me once, Doctor, show me the stars. Give me a reason to believe in the Universe and I wi...
155K 5.5K 26
"Not safe in here," he tried to explain quickly. "Not yet. Five minutes; give me five minutes and I'll be right back." "Promise?" asked Emily , panic...
6.6K 364 19
Fifth in the "Littlest Timelord" series Last we saw Elise, Missy had sent her hurtling through the universe. Where? Back to 2006 with the Tenth incar...
75.9K 2.3K 58
[Third in the "Littlest Timelord" series] Elise Smith is now a teenaged Timelord. In addition to losing the Ponds, the fields of Trenzalore are call...