ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

• Nandini Murthy •
• Manik Malhotra •
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 40: A Whole New World
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala

2.4K 274 86
By Iris270902_

*unedited*

"Nandini where are you taking me?", Manik asked her for the millionth time but received no reply. She was testing his patience just like he used to. "Nandini this reverse psychology isn't good okay", he complained like a small child," Tit for tat Mr. Malhotra", she giggled. Manik sighed and stopped asking.

Nandini stopped her car in front of a shop which is too familiar to Manik. "Ice cream??", Manik said. Nandini gave a hearty laugh and said ,"Yess!! My good boy deserves a treat " she winked. Nandini got out of the car and rushed inside to get a scoop of Manik's favourite ice cream, Belgian chocolate.

Nandini was back with a scoop of ice cream. Manik gave her a somewhat gleaming smile, "Such a child you're!", remarked Nandini happily. The Manik whom she has been missing for a while was coming back. Manik dived into the cup eating and sighing relishing the taste.

“Won't you share?”, asked Nandini with puppy eyes. Manik looked at those shining eyes for a moment and said ,“ Usually I never share my ice cream with anyone but for these beautiful eyes I may make an exception”.  He took a spoonful and forwarded it to her while he himself devoured another one in his mouth.

With a mischievous glint in her eyes Nandini nod a no , “Not like this”. Manik gave her a confused look. Nandini looked up at him, straight into those deep brown eyes and shifted near him, leaning towards him. Out of the blue, Nandini pulled Manik towards her face sending tingling sensations down Manik's spine. Manik's eyes which always held so much of power were lost into Nandini's hazel one. It's the magic of these obrs and these touches which let him loose power. He simply surrendered himself to her by embracing her. They closed their eyes and let their lips met to take them into oblivion.

Nandini tasted that sweet bitter ice cream as her tongue did wonders in his mouth. Manik let Nandini take the upper hand in the kiss while he looses himself in her warmth and comfort. As they became breathless, they left each others lips panting. “Goodness! If this is how you eat ice cream then I am having it in every course”, said Manik making Nandini grow tomato on her cheeks.

Nandini gave him a wink and said ,“ Let's get you home for the Gala”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Evening*

Nandini's pov

I swirl in front of the mirror giving a last look at my outfit. My dress is an off shoulder midi which ends just below my knees. I pair it with strappy navy blue heels and my favourite Tommy watch. My hairs are tied in a messy bun, I could have left them open but...this is more of me. The clock is about to hit seven and I should leave RIGHT NOW. Manik must be going berserk there.

I quickly move down the stairs to look for Aryaman when I encounter a man in a Navy blue suit standing in the living room having his back towards me. Wasn't Arya going to wear a beige suit?

“Arya...”, I call out and wait for that man to show his face. The moment he does... Ohhh myyy gawdddd!!!!! Can this man look any more handsome? There stood Manik looking dapper in a  Navy blue suit. The coat fits him perfectly on his shoulder, highlighting his well toned arms. The white shirt that he is wearing is giving an idea of the chiseled abs underneath it. He has his trademark stubble on his cheeks. He always leave this on and it makes his hotness go notches higher.

Well I now understand why girls go all drooling at him. He does look smokin' hot and can make you feel weak in the knees. Manik's lips spread into a smirk. I guess he has caught me staring at him. I didn't avert my gaze as I know I have all the rights to stare at my hotness.

Manik's pov

It almost seven and I am here, standing in the living room of Nandini's house. I was about to call Nandini when I hear tik tok of her heels and then her sweet voice. As I turn I am left gawking at her.  She looks adorably sexy in this off shoulder dress. I love the way this dress fits her, specially highlighting her waist and legs ,on top of this, the aura she carries around herself make your insides churn.

This smile. This. God damn. Smile. It will be the death of me. It adds to her prettiness infinity times. Her cheeks turn red as she roam her eyes over me. Hmmm... She's checking me out. Well, I can't help this smirk. I walk towards her taking long strides.

Pov ends**

Manik walks till the end of the stairs where Nandini was standing. Taking her hands in his, he kisses her knuckle while maintaining the eye contact,“I won't be exaggerating even a bit if I say you are the most beautiful person I have ever seen”, he murmured huskily.

Though Nandini was blushing as hell, she maintained her composure and replied“ You don't look bad yourself”. Manik raises his eyebrows teasingly and pulled her towards himself by her hand. Putting his free hand around her waist Manik leaned down to place his lips against her ear and whispered, “I already got to know how good I look by your stares”. Nandini blushed at his remarked as they continue with bickering till they reach the place.

~~~~

The Gala was taking place at the St. Regis in Mumbai. The media had swarmed the place as this was going to be the hotspot for new page 3 masala news. Every known personality was invited to the Gala and they even make sure to attend it. All the top A list actors and actresses, politicians, business men and women made an appearance.

Nandini stood a little away from the media gallery, waiting for Manik to come. Soon she felt a hand at the small of her back, gently showing her the way ahead. She didn't even have to look who it is. Manik and Nandini again made an appearance together in an event and this was going to make it to page 3 for sure. They both posed for the media with a plastered smile on their faces.

On hearing the requests from them of a picture of Manik alone, Nandini turned to move away from Manik giving him the full frame but a firm grip on her wrists stop her in her tracks. Nandini turned to see Manik holding her hand refusing to let go. He again calls her to take her position beside her and then faced the media , “ Guys please don't make me miss a chance to get photographed beside such a beauty”. 

Nandini as well as the paps widened their eyes hearing Manik. Nandini could not help but feel the blush which had creeped on her cheeks whenever Manik compliments her.  Her heart always feel giddy whenever Manik does something like this. They both soon moved inside.

The first familiar face they see is of their own group who was standing with their drinks in their hands and chatting among themselves.

Amyrah's attire

Aryaman's attire

Alya's attire

Dhruv's attire

Navya's attire

Cabir's attire

Mukti's attire

“Look there comes the star couple”, Cabir pointed at them. With a smile they moved towards their group, indulging in their own banter. Soon they were joined by Abhimanyu who came after attending some of his business friends and partners.

Abhimanyu's attire

It was almost an hour into the Gala and everything was going on smoothly. Manik was not looking dull and was genuinely happy and this was making Nandini glow with happiness.

“Nandini I have to check up on the auction which is going to start in a few minutes”, though Manik didn't want to leave Nandini alone, he had no other option. Nandini stood at the spot where Manik had left her, passing on smiles to known faces and looking around.

“Who are you showing all this fakeness and attitude? This whole fakery of being happy with Manik and supporting him”, the voice which she hated came booming into her ears. “Ohh is it like that Harshad? Not liking my attitude ha? Then why are you back? Go to the garbage bin from where you came. You're back to use me, the leading business tycoon”, Harshad had forgotten that he was talking to a tigress who roars back at your face.

Oh God Nandini. How naive and stupid you are? You really think you're something?” said Harshad laughing. Nandini maintained that smug on her face,“ I think we clearly know who is stupid here. And yeah! Don't forget whose the boss here. I can command you and make you my puppet and none will speak for you”.

“All this ATTITUDE because of Manik ha. Who is that man huh? What does he mean to you? Can that person whose job is to showcase fake emotions be trusted? Use your brains Nandini”, he was poking the tigress right where it hurts the most. “Come back to me Nandini. You know I can give you much more things than he can”.

Nandini stepped a little closer to Harshad. Interpreting that move he said,“Aww my sweetheart, I knew you'll choose wisely. Let's go from here, don't worry about Manik. I'll handle him. He is just a weak man. Not even manly enough to be called a man. Leave him. What will happen at most. He will cry and be all melancholic about it. It won't last long. ”.

Manik who was coming back to Nandini saw Harshad standing near her. Usually Manik is all calm and composed but when he comes face to face with this person his calm persona slips from his hand like sand. He was about to go and teach him a lesson when he heard his words and stopped to see how does Nandini react to it. He had no doubts that Nandini is not going to come into his web but still he wanted to see how she responds to him.

Those words seemed to be like the last nail into Harshad's coffin. She looked at her surroundings and grabbed his collar. With gritted teeth she replied, “ listen you asshole. Don't forget that I am your boss and I can crush you here like an ant. Everyone is not a bastard like you. You fucking pushed me into darkness and left with that bitch of yours. It was Manik who took me out of it and stabilized me. I will die but I won't betray him. I Love him with all my heart and soul. What we have is pure unadulterated love...don't think about it much. Dumbheads like you won't get it.  Now get this in your brain, if you dare to say a word against Manik now, I swear I'll chop you into pieces and feed them to dogs. Understood? ”

“Moreover I hope you remember how you ran away that day with your tail between your legs when Manik warned you to keep your hands away from me. That was a perfect demonstration of who is a man. A real man is one who stays true to his partner and supports her no matter what, which he does very efficiently. To handle you I don't even need a true man, I am enough for you here”, Nandini spoke in one breath as if she was possesed by the satan himself. Her normal starry eyes were spitting fire for him, “And for the other part, meet me in the office tomorrow. I gotta show you how real business people works”, she didn't waste her time much and left saying, “For now I have to go because I can't be seen with beggars like you. I have an image to maintain for godsake”, she left his collar and walked without sparing another look to him.

Manik, on the other hand stood stumped. He was in love with this firey feisty Nandini. He just loved how she crumples Harshad's ego into pieces every time he tries saying anything to her. His heart was swollen with love and respect for Nandini. The way she defended Manik was a perfect example her true love towards him.

On seeing Manik standing there, she came towards him and hugged him gently, keeping her hand on his waist and cultching his coat in her small hands. Manik placed a small kiss on her head and embraced her. “come on Manik. We have a show to attend”, she along with Manik walked away to the hall, glued to each other leaving behind a huffing Harshad, red with anger.

~~~~~

Nandini was seated in the front row with Manik on one side and Mukti on other. The auction was about to start. All the items that came under the hammer were sold with the highest bids. Only one item was left, it was Manik's guitar which he used in his first album. To auction it, Manik was called to the stage, who also out his autograph on it making it more valuable.

Manik though, was not sure of its value. He didn't think the guitar will be auctioned for much thus was very nervous. He just wanted to collect a good amount for charity. The bid started with five lakh and within minute it reaches to 25 lakhs. Continuing its good performance, the second last bid was of 50 lakh. Manik's guitar was just 5 lakh away from achieving the set target of amount to be raised.

Manik was nervously shifting from one leg to another and Nandini was noticing it. “50 lakh one...50 lakh two...”, Manik was happy that his guitar was yielding this much money but he would have been happier if it went for maybe a little more, just enough to achieve the target. Just as his hope was dying came a voice,“1 crore”.

Manik's head shot up hearing this and his worried face showcased a brilliant smile.

His eyes scanned through the crowd to see who bid for it. He spotted the hand with the raised plaque card. His mouth hung a little in shock as he looked at the owner of that hand. “And sold to the beauty sitting in the first row”, Nandini had brought Manik's guitar for one crore.

The surprised expressions on Manik's face quickly softened. His eyes just asked one question to Nandini's ,“Why?”.  The smile that Nandini carried gave way all the answers,“ because your smile is priceless”. Nandini had already decided that she will bid for this just to see this smile on Manik's face.

~~~

As the auction was over, Raj was called upon the stage along with Nyonika to give the closing speech.

Raj and Nyonika's attire

Everyone gathered near the stage, hearing keenly what Raj had to say. All the close family members were standing in the front row, holding onto their partners. Nandini had her hands around Manik's arm, holding him warmly.

“Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your presence today. I and my family express our gratitude to all of you. And special thank you for making this charity gala a success once again... We have been organising this from past ten to twelve year. Many of you here don't know the reason behind this Gala...Today I am here to give out the reason”, Raj held Nyonika's hands for support and continued. There Nandini even gave a small squeeze to Manik's arm. He replied with a simple smile.

“ This is hosted to honour my mother, Mrs. Sulekha Malhotra. Maa, I hope you are living with peace and serenity wherever you are living in this world”, making a small prayer in his mind Raj shifted from the podium and unveiled the picture of Sulekha Malhotra.

(Reema lagoo as Sulekha Malhotra)

As the crowd erupted in claps for her, Nandini whose hand was earlier on Manik's arm lost its grip. Her breath got stucked in her throat and her eyes widened as she looked at the picture of Sulekha Murthy. Nandini's worst nightmare was coming true and all the dreams of her future were shattering in front of her eyes and she could could do nothing but let it all unfold. All what left her throat was ,“Amma...”.

Heyyy all here goes the next chapter. So I hope you all like it.

Liked the face off between Nandini and Harshad?
How were their attires?
What twists will badimaa bring in?
Will MaNan be able to stick together?

Next one after 130+ votes and 40 + comments. Until then stay home, stay safe. Love ya all. ❣️❣️❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 2.5K 67
Their Endless Love🔐♥♥♥♥ And Burning Desire🔥 (Mafiaas Love😈❤️)
70.8K 12.7K 43
In this world full of trendy and fancy relationships and so called situationships, how hard do you think it is to find true love? Meet Sidharth Shuk...
57.7K 5.8K 50
Aaj tak tumne bahut si kahaniya padhi aur suni hogi . Kabhi Aisa hua hai ki hero hi apne pyaar ki jaan lene ke liye majboor ho ? Ek taraf vo usey pur...
491K 49.9K 83
Join in to witness Manik and Nandini strive through the challenges thrown by life. It's all about them growing individually and growing as a couple...