New Beginnings

By MsChryssieE

About to welcome their baby into the world, August and Alei are trying to balance both their careers and soci... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Happy Moment...
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
New Book!

Chapter 25

10.6K 452 85
By MsChryssieE

August

"You look tired." I laughed.

"Because I am." She sighed.

"We'll be home soon."

We were on our way back to the house from signing off on any final paper work. Tomorrow was going to be the funeral service for our princess and the mood overall was a gloomy one.

"I'm hungry too."

"Me too mommy." Amirah spoke from the back seat.

"We got a lot of food back home aight ladybug?"

"OK." She smiled at me.

Glancing at Alei, I held her hand, making her look over at me.

"Ya gonna take a nap when we get back?"

"I need to feed Gabe and put him down for his nap, make sure Amirah is fed, cleaned up then down for her nap before I can do that."

"I'll get Gabe after ya feed him. You can focus on Amirah."

"OK."

Pulling up to the drive way, I got up and helped Alei out before getting Gabriel.

"Come here busy one." Alei called her over.

"Coming mommy."

"Babe ya got your key?"

"Yea, I'll open it."

Unlocking and opening the door, I watched as she walked in.

"SURPRISE!"

Seeing how shocked she was, I approached her with a smile on my face which then dropped once Gabe began to cry.

"Man, y'all done scared my son." I lifted him out his carrier.

"Sorry man." T laughed.

"I know lah man." I gently rocked him. "They ugly as shit but don't worry ya gon get used ta them. Daddy did." I spoke as I walked off.

"Nigga who you calling ugly?" Shay began of course. "You should be the last person calling anybody ugly when you're here looking like you been messed every meal your entire life."

"Dev ya need ta up ya dick sessions." I shot back. "Clearly Shay still lacking."

Standing there in complete shock, her jaw dropped.

"Yea and get in some of that position too! A nigga need ta tired out that mouth ya got there!"

"Aug you wrong for that one." Devin called out to me.

"Let's all bow our heads in prayer as we remember Shay-Ann." Evan joked.

Entering his nursery, I was able to get him to calm down so I can change him out his clothes.

"Babe?"

"In hea!"

"What was that about?"

"We didn't have a proper homecoming for y'all so we doing it now."

"Thank you." She smiled and hugged me.

"I really appreciate you and everything you've done for me and Amirah."

"Ya welcome baybeh." I kissed her on her forehead. "Go ahead and see about Amirah, I got him here and then I'll bring him for a feeding."

"Sure. No problem."

As she made he way back downstairs, I conversed with my son. They way he looked at me it was as though he understood everything I was telling him.

"I love you so much man." I kissed his chubby cheeks. "We am love you."

Lifting him, I gave him his pacifier and went down too meet everyone.

*****

Overall the afternoon was a chill vibe one, which a nigga wanted.

"Mirah come on."

"Not yet please." She begged.

"Little girl!"

Once she heard Alei's tone change, she began to listen.

"Caleb, come on!" Shay called as did Jaz with Amaya.

Taking them upstairs, us guys sat out back still.

"Everything set for tomorrow bro?"

"Yea." I sighed.

"We know this is hard for y'all but just know we're all here, any time."

"Thanks man. And well like I told Knuck, my focus is on Alei and them children. I know Amirah understands what has happened but she so innocent man."

"She is but she smart too and just like how she can tell when something is wrong with her momma, she can with you." Trav spoke.

"How you know?"

"I've heard her as she played with her toys."

"What you mean?"

"She pretends to be whatever and be telling her other toys that you aren't happy but you try to make mommy happy."

"Shit." I mumbled.

"Yup so if ya know ya been low key sulking, think again."

"thanks fa tha heads up man."

"Any time. Just don't shut us out."

"I won't." I laughed as we continued talking.

Alei

"But I'm not ready to sleep yet mommy."

"You have you babe. I'm going to sleep just now."

Pouting, she laid in her bed as I got ready to read to her.

"Stop it Amirah. Its time to sleep now. Caleb and Amaya both went home to sleep as well, you'll see them tomorrow."

Finally changing her deposition, she made herself comfortable as I read. Mid way through the story, she stopped me.

"Yes ladybug?"

"Is Uncle Aug going to be my new daddy?"

"New daddy?" I repeated. "Where you heard that from?"

Closing the book, I awaited her response.

"Daddy was talking to nanuh on the phone and he said that no other." She paused.

"No other what?"

"I can't say the word. I would get in trouble." She whispered.

"What does the word start with?" I tried not to laugh.

"N"

"Ok." I nodded. "No other 'n' what?"

"Is going to play he's my new daddy."

"And what did your nanuh say?"

This was one of those rare moments where I questioned her. Whenever Druex has her, I let him being in control because I believe that he would tell me anything that has happened that I should know about.

"She said that wouldn't happen because y'all won't last." She shrugged.

Completely shocked by this, I took a couple deep breaths and exhaled.

"Listen to me baby. Regardless of anything, you only have one daddy ok?"

"Ok." She nodded.

"And what's his name?"

"Druex Fredric." She smiled.

"Good. Now if and when August and I gets married, he will be my husband and your step father. Always know that August loves you like you are his own so he will treat you like you are his daughter."

"Do I call him daddy?"

"If you want too."

"Ok."

"You understand?"

"Mhmm." She nodded.

After our talk, I went back to reading. Not too long after did she fall asleep. As I put back the book and cleaned up a bit, I couldn't help but think of what she said.

"I don't know what again I have to tell him about how he speaks around her." I mumbled.

Going into our room, I sat on the bed and called him.

"I can't really talk right now Alei." He said instantly.

"You need to listen to me."

"I just told you I can't talk though."

"Just like how no other nigga is going to play he's Amriah's new daddy."

The phone got instantly quiet.

"I'm only going to say this once. Stop talking about my relationship to other people and that includes your family and watch what the hell you say around Amirah."

"Why you even questioning her?"

"You fail to realize that she isn't stupid. She may not be staring at you in your face when you speak, but she hears and when something seems confusing to her, then she asks me a question."

"You expect me to believe that you don't question her?"

"I don't. I've never questioned Amirah when she comes back from spending time with you because I expect you to be upfront with me if anything happens. But when you keep speaking out of turn and have me trying to find a way to cover your ass its frustrating. And tell your mother I said, she needs to mind her damn business before she says my relationship won't last. I don't know what y'all have against me, but like I've told you, as long as you continue to take care of our daughter then I have no issues. I don't need anything from you Druex. I never have and never will. You know this."

"Whatever Alei."

"Yea. Just dismiss me with an attitude because you know its the truth."

"Nah it ain't. I just don't have the time ta hear you bitch over the same shit."

Annoyed at this point, I hung up on him. Taking a deep breath, I exhaled when August walked in.

"Everyone's..." He paused. "What's the matter?"

"I'm tired." I sighed.

"Aight, let's go take a shower together, then I'a rub ya shoulder and some other places." He smirked.

"Babe." I tried to hold in mines but failed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 946 17
Where everything comes to a end. This is the final ever part from the three book series. Read to find out how everything comes to an end.
301K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
560K 34.2K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
7.8K 213 20
This story is based on a true story.. Everything happened i write I already experienced it ❤️