My Addicted Love

By storieswithhan

Brandy Mitchell is a bright 17-year-old senior who's a victim of emotional abuse by her father, Brent Mitchel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (The Last Chapter)
SEQUEL IS OUT!!!

Chapter 16

673 21 25
By storieswithhan

~Brandy~

"Girl, I'm about to tear those ribs up." I said as I hopped into Mya's front seat.

"Watch the leather, sis." Mya said as she threw her black coat to the backseat.

"Sorry." I said as I put my braids in a ponytail.

"Where's everyone?"

"Mom and Dad had a gala to attend and Jack's socializing with friends."

"Ok, well my parents aren't doing anything. Can I come hang with you?"

"Of course you can. I need company, anyway. I hate being alone." I said as Mya started backing up.

"Girl, I'm so used to being alone that it doesn't phase me. I just read a good book."

"Hm, you could be talking to Mike instead."

"Girl, Mike? What I'm going to do with him?"

"Get married and have babies."

Mya looked at me as she kept driving.

"Why is Tall Mike name coming out of our mouths?"

"You'll see in the near future."

"No, I won't. I got a man. We just haven't made it official. We're taking things slow."

"Ok, Mrs. Slow."

Mya playfully hit me as we pulled up to the barbecue place.

"Let's go, girl. By the time we order and get our food to go, my parents food should be ready." Mya said as she parked and turned the car off.

"Oh, they not eating here?"

"Nah, it's the new restaurant that just opened downtown, so my parents wanted to try it out."

"If it's your parents taste, I already know their food worth more than my future college tuition." I said as we busted out laughing and entered the barbecue place.

We about to tear these ribs up. They are just too delicious.

Being at my fav eating spot with my best friend is good, but if DeVante was here...

It would be better.

..........

"Girl, you better not eat all ya ribs because you ain't about to sit up here and eat mine." Mya said as she snatched the bag from me.

We had just left the barbecue place not too long ago, and I ate two pieces of ribs. I promise you these ribs are too good.

I know my baby is sick, so I made sure I got a couple of extra ribs to take to his house. Mya doesn't want to take me, but she loves me so much that she's going to take me to DeVante's house anyway.

I don't know why, but it sure took a long time for Mya to come on.

I was tryna to hold everything in, but my bladder was about to explode.

"That sweet tea gets right though me." I said as I got out the car and hurried into the place.

"Excuse me, do you have a reservation, ma'am?" One of the hostess asked smiling.

"I'm sorry, I don't, but I need to—"

"Brandy, let's go!" Mya said in a irritated voice.

"I got to pee, girl."

"Look, it's not going to take long to hold your pee." Mya said trying to grab my arm.

"I don't think I can wait that long." I said as I tried to not make much movement.

"Brandy, can't you—"

"Mya, I got to go. You can wait. Ma'am, where's the bathroom?"

"Take a left and keep going down. It should be straight ahead!"

"Br—" Mya started to say, but I walked away because I wasn't about to hold it anymore.

"Keep going do..." I started to say but my sentence trailed off.

I was stunned. I was shocked.

"Brandy!" Mya said as she caught up to me.

I started walking closer to the table that was about eight feet away from me.

"Let's just go—"

"DeVante, what the hell are you doing here?"

DeVante and some random chick turned around to look at me.

"Who's this?" The girl asked looking at DeVante.

DeVante looked shocked.

"I'm his girlfriend. He's suppose to be at home sick. Who's this?"

"Girlfriend? DeVante, what the hell she talking about?" The girl asked while she looked me up and down.

"Baby, she ain't nobody. She's a classmate."

My heart dropped.

"Nobody? You serious?" I asked as I got close to him.

The customers who were once eating stopped to look around. I guess I wasn't using my normal inside voice. I couldn't tell because so much was going on in my head at the moment.

"DeVante, you messing with these d**n high schoolers? A lil ugly girl at that."

"What the f—" I stared to say as I got close to the girl, but Mya held me back.

"Brandy, we ain't sh*t. Leave me the f**k alone and stay away from me and my girl. You crazy as f**k." DeVante said standing up.

"YOU WASN'T SAYING THAT LAST WEEK WHEN YOU MADE ME SU—" I said screaming loud so the whole restaurant could hear me.

I'm beyond pissed at this point.

"Brandy! Chill!" Mya said trying to keep me away from the table.

"Do what, DeVante? Huh? That hoe better recognize I'm Monica Wright. I can catch a hoe outside any day!" Monica said as DeVante sat her back down.

Monica Wright

"Baby, she's delusional. I ain't with her! She just another hoe from my school." DeVante said staring at me.

"Ma'am, we do not show that type of behavior in this restaurant. I'm going to ask you to leave." A bald headed man who was struggling to wear a toupee said as he came close to me.

"DEVANTE, LET THAT HOE KNOW THE TRUTH!" I said screaming as tears started touching my eyes.

"Ma'am, if you don't leave the police will be called."

"Ok sir, I'm sorry! B, you gotta chill!" Mya said as she was dragging me outside.

"NO!" I said as I snatched away from her and tried to go back in the restaurant.

"Brandy, he ain't worth it!"

"Yes, he is! He got that twisted hoe in there talking about me! How could he?" I said as I broke down.

Before I could fall to the ground, Mya caught me.

"Brandy, I know it's h—"

"No, you don't understand! I thought he loved me. He made me do things I never wanted to do, but I made myself do it because I loved him! He played me! He knew I loved him." I said crying into Mya's chest.

"Come on, B. We can't let him see you like this. He's going to think he won this and that he beat you. He ain't sh*t. You are a beautiful and strong woman. Don't waste your tears over that little boy." Mya said rubbing my back.

I noticed that some of the customers were being nosey as they stared at Mya and I.

"Mya, what did I do? What did I do? Am I not cute enough? Did I not please him right? I hate myself. I'm always messing up stuff!"

Mya looked at me like I was stupid.

"Brandy, don't you ever let me hear you question yourself. You are a beautiful a** girl who wears the most flyest clothes and neat braids. You're gonna meet someone who doesn't need to—"

"Leave me alone! Just take me home. Please." I said moving away from Mya quickly as I ran back to her car.

I can't believe DeVante did this.

After all the pain and hurt I had to endure. Little did I know that I was stupid and really blinded by love. This boy fed me a bunch of lies and I can't believe I felt for it.

I started crying as I hit Mya's dashboard.

Not only am I going through this heart break, but now that DeVante left me high and dry, I have to deal with my father. He's still an a**hole.

"I knew I should've ended everything last year. I should have." I said as I covered my eyes with my hands.

.......

*Flashback*

Friday, February 4, 1994

"We're losing her!" One of the nurses said as the doctors and nurses rushed me to the back of the hospital.

"Baby girl, hang on. Please. Don't leave." My mom said crying as she held onto my hand.

"Brandy, you better not die." My father said as he walked normal speed behind us.

"We're going to need you two to wait in the waiting room. We're doing everything we can to save your daughter."

"She needs me with her. She's afraid of hospitals." My mom said as she continued to cry. She held my hand tighter as if this was the last time we would hold each other.

I was going in and out of conscious, but I can hear them talking.

"We have a 16-year-old suici—"

"My daughter isn't suicidal! She's a good girl!" My mom said yelling.

"Sheila, calm down. Let them do their job." My dad said holding her back.

"No! I want my baby girl!" My mom said as she tried to get out my dad's grip.

I was reaching out for my mom because I don't want to be alone.

I was stupid for doing this to myself, but I had no choice.

I had to do it.

At least my mind was telling me to.

........

"B, you still want me to take you home?" Mya asked as she got in the car and rubbed my back.

"Yeah, I need to go home and take some pills."

"What you mean? I hope you ain't about to do something stupid." Mya said as she look at me with concern.

"No, I'm on antidepressants. I haven't taken them. I need them." I said looking away.

"Ok, but I'm going to stay with you."

"I need to be alone. I'll be fine."

"Brandy, you're an emotional wreck right now."

"Fine." I said as I shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't about to keep arguing with her.

I sat quietly the whole car ride as we went to Mya's house and dropped the food off. It wasn't much to say since I was crying silently to myself.

"Whew, it's dark in here." Mya said as I unlocked my front door and turned the light on.

"I forgot to leave the living room light on." I said sniffing.

"You can go ahead and take your medicine. I'm about to see if anything good on tv. I'm tryna catch Video Soul. I missed last week episode, girl." Mya said she put the food on the table.

"Ok, let me hurry then. I like Video Soul." I said as I went upstairs.

I went into my bathroom and looked through my medicine cabinet.

I took out the antidepressants.

"Maybe if I call him, he would explain what happened. Yeah." I said rushing to my phone as I started to dial his number.

The phone rung at least five times.

"Hello?" I heard DeVante's mom say on the other end.

"Hey, Mrs. D. Is DeVante home?"

"Um, no. He said he was going out to eat. Aren't you with him?"

"No, I'm not with him. I'm at home." I said as I tried not to start crying again.

"Well, I don't know what's going on. I'll tell him to call you later, Monica. Good bye."

I was stunned as DeVante's mom hung up.

She's always been so nice to me, so I didn't expect her to call me by that other chick's name.

I dialed DeVante's house again.

"Yo, it's the man with the plan. What's up?"

"Jet?"

"Oh, what's up, Brandy? What you doing?"

"Trying to contact DeVante. Can you tell him to call me?"

"I think he throwing up. Hold on, bro. I'm coming in there!"

"Y'all full of sh*t! You knew about Monica? I caught them together at a restaurant, so you can stop with the lies."

Jet didn't saying anything on the other end. It was complete silence. Wow, they all full of crap.

"B, you the first girl that I'm telling this to. Just stay away from DeVante."

"B-B-B-But I love him. I know he's done a lot of things to me, but—"

"Brandy, we all know he ain't right. I feel stupid because the way I let him do girls like you. Just leave him alone."

"Jet, I know you mean well, but I think it's because I haven't been myself. Maybe I need to work on me. He's been through a lot."

"Brandy it a—"

"Brandy, come on girl! Video Soul on!" Mya said shouting.

"Jet, I gotta go."

"Don't hang up. Hear m—"

I hung up as I hurried to take the antidepressant medication.

"You fine?" Mya said as she wiped her mouth with a piece of paper towel as I sat down.

"Yes, I'm good."

I'm really not, Mya. Please give me a hug.

"You sure?"

"Y—"

Before I could finish the sentence, Mya gave me a hug.

"It's okay. I'm here for, B."

"Thank you." I said as I hugged Mya back.

I'm lucky to have a good friend like her.

"Of course. Anyway, let me turn this up because this looks like Immature. Lil Roger can get all of this." Mya said as she started dancing.

"Move! You're blocking the tv." I said laughing as I threw a pillow at her.

Mya laughed as we chilled and watched tv for the rest of the night.

I don't know what the future holds, but I hope it's much brighter at least for me.

Because it seems like nobody got me in the world....but me.

........

Hey guys! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! You know your girl had to spoil y'all with two chapters in one night! Were y'all expecting DeVante to have another girl? What do you think about the way DeVante dissed Brandy? What do y'all think about the showdown w/ Monica & Brandy? What do you think of Brandy's flashback? What do you think about Brandy's convo w/ DeVante's mom & Jet? Do you think Jet is really looking out for Brandy? Do you think Brandy will be done w/ DeVante for good or will she stay? What would you do if you were Brandy in this entire situation? Thanks for reading! Peace & a bucket of hair grease. Stay safe y'all!!
-Hannah💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4.3K 45
Adrienne is 21 years old and lives in VA. She is finishing up college to become a personal stylist.She has a four year old son named Xavier and a boy...
443K 8.7K 76
August Alsina a young man who is currently 21. He hasn't had the perfect life, because he's Been through so much. From him being homeless, to his b...
10.5K 185 28
Andi a 17 year old girl with an abusive boyfriend, Lance, whose abused her for 2 years and never believes anything she says even when shes telling th...
40.4K 2.4K 27
{Book Two} It's been two years since DeVanté's incident and Morgan has moved to California. Expect MORE drama. Enjoy! ✨ -status: slowly being edited...