Simon's Game |nct 127|

By _violet_rose

❝Simon Says we're a real vibe killer...❞ -It's too late now, but I regret everything. Horror Game au. --In or... More

Disclaimers & Introduction
Prologue
Simon's Invitation: Taeil
Simon's Invitation: Haechan
Simon's Invitation: Doyoung
Simon's Invitation: Jaehyun
Simon's Invitation: Johnny
Simon's Invitation: Taeyong
Simon's Invitation: Jungwoo
Simon's Invitation: Mark
Simon's Invitation: Yuta
Simon's Invitation: WinWin
The Day After
This never happened?
The plan
Our lives apart
Our lives apart II
Unknown Number
The 1st Mission
The End of a new Start
The 2nd Mission
The 3rd Mission
Some people have it all...
Why is life so unfair?
The 4th Mission
Small Revelations
The 5th Mission
4th Mission: Completed
5th Mission: Completed
I know everything...
6th Mission: Completed
If only...
Jungwoo is-
The Aftermath
It hurts...
"I'm not going to do it."
Simon can in fact...
I hate you.
The 10th Mission
Reach the end.
10th Mission: Completed
The 12th Mission
I know who Simon is.
I'm sorry.
Some secrets.
The brightest star
13th Mission: Completed
What would you do...?
Please don't.
I forgive you.
No...
The 15th Mission
Do you think...
Who is Simon?
The 16th Mission
I was the one.
What are you wishing for?
Would you?
My truth.
"Goodbye."
Is he really-
The 11th Mission
The cost.
My story.
Stop this game.
Simon is-
"Y...You?!"
The End.
Explanation
A/N

2nd mission: Completed

1.5K 161 261
By _violet_rose

A/n : Please, before reading this chapter read Disclaimers & Introduction (1st chapter) if you haven't already.

*This chapter contains murder and death.*

--

"This is my WHAT?!"

Taeil asked surprised.

"This is your first mission Moon Taeil."

"So this one is not a recorded message..."

Taeil thought.

"It's your first mission, but the second one in total."

"Second one?"

"One of your teammates already did a mission. But now it's your turn, you have to kill the person who wronged you, the man who made your life miserable, the reason that made you accepted my invitation. You have to kill Lee Jungsik."

Taeil froze when he heard the mission.

"Hey, do you think this is funny?! Are you having fun making us play this game?! You sick fucker!!"Taeil shouted, his whole body was shaking from fear and rage. Kill someone? This was way too much. "How can you even ask me to do something like that?!"

"Taeil. Remember I'm only trying to help you fulfill your wishes-"

"Do you really think that deep down I want to!-" Taeil took a deep breath and lowered his voice, to prevent anyone else from hearing the next question. "Kill a person?!" He whispered loudly.

"I promised that by the end of this game you will have everything you ever wished for. If you don't want to do this mission you will have to face the consequences."

Taeil clenched his fist and held tightly his new phone.

"You are sick."

He said, putting a small amount of force in every word that left his mouth.

"As I said you have to kill Lee Jungsik. You have until midnight to finish the mission."

"Midnight?!"

This time Taeil shouted. That was impossible to accomplish.

"Yes midnight. I will send you the address where you can find Lee Jungsik."

"You..."

"Good luck on your first mission Taeil."

And the call ended.

When the phone closed Taeil couldn't even move. How was he supposed to murder someone...what kind of game was this?

His throat felt dry and his bones were aching. He wanted to scream, but in the end, he had to do it.

It was the only way he could stay alive.

--

*Kim Doyoung added Lee Taeyong, Dong Sicheng +7 others in the group chat.*

Kim Doyoung:

Let's get organized.
When all of you see this message send a photo of your mask
and inform us here when you have a mission to do. We should
stick together and protect each other, because these missions can be dangerous.
We have to cooperate in order to stop this game. I know that Simon is one of
us but the least we can do is try to find him and stop blaming each other.
When you see this message please answer.

--

Haechan walked out of the school's yard. On his left shoulder his backpack was hanged, slightly slipping down with every step he took. He didn't want to return to his house...not yet.

Because he caused again trouble in class, he had to remain in school after it ended, as detention. His friends couldn't bother to wait for him. Although it was fine, he was used to it by now. It was around 3 o'clock. He wasn't hungry, and he knew that his appetite would get worse the moment he decided to step into his house.

His expression was unreadable, but if someone stared in his dark brown eyes it was easy to notice that they were empty and soulless.

Haechan needed to forget about his every day life, and just for a second, to make a difference. He could do that. So he dialed a number and waited for the person to pick up their phone.

"Um...Hello?"

"Ermm...hey." Haechan smiled, or at least he tried to. "Where are you?" He asked as cheerfully as he could this time.

"What's up with you Haechan? Why do you keep on calling me?! Should I be worried?!"

Haechan smiled.

"Hey, I'm doing you a favor! It's an honor that you have someone like me to call you every day."

"Uhh....ok? I guess?"

"Where are you Mark?"

"I...I am working Haechan. At the Grand Hotel please don't come I don't have tim-"

"Ohh ok I'm coming!"

"HAECHAN-"

And he hung up.

He was going to visit Mark. Mark felt like the only genuine person, he didn't know why, but he wanted to get closer to him, maybe because he looked as troubled as he was.

Both of them were scared but Haechan decided to hide his fear. It was better for people to not know how he felt.

He took the bus to go to the Grand Hotel with a smile on his face.

However Haechan didn't know if it was forced or real.

He couldn't recall the last time he really felt happy.

--

*Taeil's POV*

Have you ever felt...valuable?

As if your life was actually destined for something, like you actually wanted to succeed, and you felt like you could do it. Because someone believed in you.

Although no matter how hard you try, you won't be good enough, talented enough or pretty enough for everyone. Sometimes you try so hard to satisfy other people, to make them see that you are actually valuable and worthy but in the end...

You put so much effort to be perfect for the others, that you forget to be good enough for yourself.

"You are so good Taeil! You should be a singer."

"Why don't you go for an audition?"

"You should definitely become a singer."

You start to believe them...and you believe in yourself too...but it's not their opinion that matters.

"You are not that good."

"You have a common, basic voice, nothing special."

"Why are you even here?"

So you try. More and more to be good enough for them, when you already, felt good enough.

But not all stories have a good ending.

And as my story tells...

I didn't have one.

"We decided that you will no longer continue your training Moon Taeil. Have a nice life."

That's when I thought I didn't have another chance, that I should just give up on trying.

But then...

I received an invitation. That told me that my dreams could come true. I foolishly believed it.

And now.

I'm here.

Wondering...if it was worth it.

--

This day was beautiful. Even if it was autumn, today was sunny and the blue sky clear. Yuta could do nothing but stare outside of the window the sunny weather. He wanted to go out but knew he couldn't. He was free but still trapped. Although he was willing to take a risk and go out.

He went to ask Doyoung about it first but he already knew the answer.

"No."

"Why??"

Yuta asked while Doyoung was still working on his computer.

"Do you seriously need an answer?"

"Only around the block...only a small walk."

"It's still a no."

"Doyoung." When he said that his voice felt hurt and soulful. Doyoung turned around to face him."Please?"

Doyoung sighed. "Fine."

"Yayy."

And Yuta wore Doyoung's clothes and went out.

The day was as beautiful as he imagined it would be. Even if he was just going to walk around the block he enjoyed it. A little freedom. That's what he wanted. Did he deserve it though? He really couldn't tell.

He stopped in front of a shop's window that was full of televisions. Doyoung didn't have one in his house. The News Channel was playing:

"Yesterday was a tragedy for the young woman Kim Taera who was found brutally murdered in her house yesterday's afternoon at 8 o'clock. Only later the murderer committed the crime himself and was no one else but her boyfriend."

Then her mother started speaking:

"I can't believe it..." The woman cried. "My beautiful girl! She never did anything wrong this...this monster! This murderer! I hope he gets what he deserves! How could he do that?!"

Yuta's eyes widened and he gulped harshly. He felt his whole body trembling but he couldn't move. Even if the words weren't directed to him, he felt like they were.

"Monster, unwanted, criminal, I hate you." They were familiar.

A tear escaped from his eyes, he needed to leave this place but he couldn't. He couldn't help but continue watching the news. He felt cold, as if the weather suddenly shifted from a sunny autumn day to a cold winter night.

Only when the topic changed he managed to walk.

But he didn't just walk. He ran. Returning immediately back to Doyoung's house.

--

It was time to finally close the shop.

Taeil waited Dahye to leave together. She noticed that today he was acting strange, after he ended with the phone call.

"Hey, is everything ok?"

She asked when Taeil locked the shop's door.

"Yeah, um...I'm sorry Dahye but I have to leave something urgent came up ok?"

And with that he just left. Running faster than ever.

"Isn't his house the other direction?"

Dahye wondered. But she let that slip.

It was already 22.00. Thankfully today they closed earlier but...wait...did Simon know that they would close earlier today?

"Whatever."

Taeil thought and when he reached an isolated alley wore his mask. Good for him that he was always carrying it with him. The address Simon gave him...was Lee Jungsik's address? He took a deep breathe and took his pocketknife in his hands. Simon never told him how he had to kill the man.

Was he actually going to do this?

Taeil hesitated but he knew that he had no choice.

He felt panic and guilt wash him over as he headed towards the destined location. He knew that this mission was going to leave a scar not only on the man's family, but on him as well. A scar that could never be healed.

He stood in front of an enormous villa. He knew it was the right house.

Hesitating he knocked the door. How was he going to do this? But before he could think about anything further someone asked:

"Who is it?"

It was him. Taeil could recognize his deep, low voice. He didn't answer.

The man behind the door opened it slightly.

"WHAT THE-"

But before he could finish his sentence Taeil prevented the door from closing with his foot.

"AAA!"

The man screamed and started running in the house.

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

The man asked while Taeil was running after him.

No answer.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!"

The man threw objects on Taeil but he managed to dodge them all successfully.

"I'M GOING TO CALL THE COPS!"

The man screamed and the more he run, the harder it was for him to breathe. Taeil used that to his advantage and threw a punch at the man. The man fell down and that's when he saw the knife.

"PLEASE NO! PLEASE TAKE EVERYTHING I HAVE! JUST DON'T KILL ME!"

"LIKE YOU TOOK EVERYTHING I HAD TOO?!"

Taeil screamed this time.

"Who....who are you?"

The man asked terrified.

Taeil took off his mask.

"T...Taeil?"

"At least you remember me."

He said and kneeled down.

"Too bad you won't live to remember me anymore."

Taeil said and with all his power grabbed the man by his neck and threw him on the floor. The man tried to breathe, but the more he gasped for air the more he suffocated. Soon after he stop fighting back. His lifeless body was finally lying on the floor.

Then reality hit Taeil.

"WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 1K 39
"if we get killed in the game, we don't wake up." ↳ wake up. nct (ot21). published: 20/06/01 completed: 21/06/01 contains strong language, violence...
71.7K 2.8K 44
{A Markhyuck Fanfiction} 『Started~July 19th 2019』 『Ended~August 27th 2019』 When Haechan faces some issues that not only scare him, but the other mem...
88.3K 5.7K 31
a bit of nicotine, plenty of teens, and a unique love story. nct ot21 gang au warnings: violence, a lot of cursing
133K 6.8K 32
By sending the wrong text to the wrong number he saved his own life. -Themes including suicide are mentioned -Markhyuck -complete