RIVER | JJ MAYBANK

By leebaxt0n

"She found colours to paint him where the world had left him grey." Season One : Completed Season Two : Compl... More

PREVIEW
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
PREVIEW
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
ONE HUNDRED
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
EPILOGUE
OVERVIEW

SEVEN

92.6K 1.9K 1.9K
By leebaxt0n

SCOOTER GRUBBS

"Well that was fun." JJ chuckled once they got back onto the boat. "Could have warned us a little sooner." He was laid at the front of the boat, who his arm around River, pulling her as close as possible to him.

The pads of his fingers had began to draw patterns into her soft skin. She rested her head on his chest and allowed her eyes to flutter open and closed at the soothing feeling that his fingers on her skin brought her.

"We would have, except Pope was on the math team." Kie shrugged. River stifled a laugh.

"You were on the math team?" JJ questioned raising his brow. His tone was almost comical, as if he was trying to make a joke.

"The math team? Seriously?" River questioned furrowing her brows as she looked at Pope.

It wan't like she couldn't imagine it, the boy was a genius, there was no suprise that he was on the math team. The thing that surprised her the most was that he wasn't the captain of the math team.

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene. Did you guys find anything." Pope questioned, completely ignoring the question.

River sat up slightly, she pulled JJ's arm so he'd sit up with her. He rested his head on her shoulder and allowed a teasing grin to form on his face.

"Did we find anything?" The blonde boy paused and dug into his pockets. "No, I don't think so." JJ joked before he held up a wad of cash and a gun. "Oh yeah, we did." He smirked.

"What the-" Pope got cut off by River. John B couldn't help but laugh quietly.

"JJ, what the fuck is that?" River snapped angrily. "When did you take that?-Why did you take that?"

The girl pulled herself away from JJ and went to sit beside John B. The dark haired boy wrapped his arm around her and allowed her to rest her head on his shoulder.

John B was like a brother to the girl and often brought her a lot of comfort. All the pogues did, they were her family. She couldn't imagine them not being in her life.

"Dude chill. Come on." JJ stood up and went over to Pope, clenching his jaw at the fact that River had moved away from him.

"Why would you take that from a crime scene?" Pope questioned, his eyes widening in panic.

"Better than the cops having it." JJ defended himself, with a small shrug.

Everyone looked towards John B, he was the only one who hadn't said anything yet. Despite the huge smug grin on his face, he was trying to comfort River.

"You serious?" Kie asked John B who has a huge smile on his face.

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship." Pope panicked, his eyes became wide.

River felt bad for Pope, she knew how much that scholarship meant to him. It would be the only way he was going to get into college, without that he'd have to give up his chance at college and probably work full time in the store with his dad.

"JJ what the fuck is wrong with you?" River scoffed. "You shouldn't have taken that money. It's not yours. As for the gun. You're a fucking-"

"River, angel, I've got this all under control just chill." JJ shook his head and turned to face Pope. "Hey, shhh, shh, shh. At least you have us right?" JJ wrapped his arms around Pope's shoulders.

"I'm living a nightmare." Pope said as he went to sit back down.

River leant over John B and grabbed Pope's hand, giving it a light a reassuring squeeze. There was no way in hell that Pope wasn't getting that scholarship, he deserved it more than any one.

"Pope, you're not gonna loose your scholarship. I promise." River reassured the boy after taking a deep breath and sending a sharp glare to JJ one last time.

After a short while, the five of them pulled up to the docks in time to see the paramedics wheeling a body on the gurney.

"Who's that?" John B questioned a random girl. JJ stood on a box, River jumped up and sat on the ledge next to John B. JJ's hand rested on her thigh as she fiddled with the ring on his thumb.

Despite her being mad at him because of his stupidity, he still knew exactly when to comfort her and when to stand by her. He didn't care how mad she was at him, he preferred to be by her side.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." She answered. "Check out this pick I got." She showed John B and River. "Dead body." She boasted. 

River gagged and covered her mouth. She felt sick to her stomach. How could one just take a photo of him dead, without even thinking twice or feeling sick.

"Insane." Kie mumbled.

"Holy shit." JJ mumbled. "What kind of boat did he have?" He asked curiously, wondering if it was the same boat that the pogues had found.

"Somehow, that dirt bag dipped a brand new Grady-white. Everyone's out looking for it." She answered honestly.

Everyone shared an anxious look, the fact that they had found Scooter's boat was enough to tip River over the edge.

"Excuse me." River said as she looked at the paramedics wheeling the gurney into the ambulance.

The girl ran away covering her mouth and clutching her stomach. She pushed past everyone to get to the closest bathroom. Instantly, she locked the cubicle door and began to vomit.

JJ wasn't too far behind the girl. He didn't care if he walked into the girls bathroom. River needed him and he'd do anything for her, even if that meant publicly embarrassing himself.

"Ri." He knocked on the only locked stall. A few girls gave him a weird look and left. "Open up baby."

River pulled the flush, wiped her mouth and unlocked the door but didn't move from her spot on the floor. She leant over the toilet seat.

"I don't know what happened." She mumbled, gagging again. JJ slid his way into the stall and locked the door. He gathered River's hair in his hand. He tried his hardest to put it into a plait, something that she had tried to teach him multiple times. "I just couldn't look at him."

"It's okay Ri, you don't have to explain yourself to me." JJ reassured the girl, after plaiting her hair, he rubbed soothing circles on her back until she felt well enough to return to the others.

The group were at John B's now and River sat on the arm of JJ's chair. He was flicking a lighter open and shut, while River combed her fingers through his hair, it was more soothing for her than it was for him. She begged him to let her plait it. But he said no.

When he sleeps over at hers, on the rare occasion he lets her plait his hair and he tries to do hers. It never ends up working. He always ended up making her hair all knotty, but he said he wanted to learn for when he had his own daughter one day.

"Okay. So um, we didn't see anything. We don't know anything." Pope said as he walked onto the deck, taking a seat besides Kie. "We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"About what?" River asked innocently with a small childish smile.

She was trying to play off the anxiety by making jokes. It was her usual way of coping, but this time it completely went over Pope's head.

"About the-" Pope paused, he clicked his fingers before making finger guns and pointing towards River. "Good. Just like that."

"That's my girl." JJ smirked looking up to the now blushing blonde, he paused for a moment before continuing, "Actually, Pope's right for once." JJ slowly stood up. "See I agree with you some times. Deny. Deny, deny."

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kie stated.

River could tell that she felt guilty. The money wasn't theirs, heck, they didn't even know if it was Scooters. Nobody knew where the money came from, and now they never would.

"Okay, not all of us can afford unlimited date plans, Kiara." JJ said, resting on the ledge as he turned to look at the girl, his brows knitted together as she spoke.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Kie shrugged, she was a big believer in karma.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too. We gotta go dark." Pope agreed with the brunette.

River ran her tongue over her bottom lip, taking in all the different outcomes and trying to figure out which one would be best for them. She looked up to JJ, knowing that he wanted to keep the money, she knew that he needed it too. But then she looked at Kie, she didn't need the money but she knew it wasn't the right thing to do to keep the money.

"If that means we get to keep the money. Then I agree." JJ said as he paced around before looking out at the water.

"I don't agree." John B stated, placing his hand on JJ's shoulder before slowly walking away and going to stand beside where River was sat.

"What? Why?" JJ questioned, shocked that his best friend wasn't with him on this.

"Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Alright, same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole." John B paused. "Shit, one time we saw this dude begging for change at the Save-A-Lot parking lot." He motioned to River. "Because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'" John B shrugged.

River didn't want to keep the money, but she understood where JJ was coming from. He needed that money, more than the others. He needed money in order to eat, pay his fathers bills, everything. Not that he'd want to admit that to anyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483K 3.6K 62
„meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favourite." -JJ x fem oc : John b's sister -Outer Banks stor...
732 39 13
I do not own OBX! (JJ x OC) Season 1 - Onwards 《Started 23rd July 2023》 《Finished 《Last Edited
1.1M 21.3K 118
𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝘢𝘥𝘫. 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘸𝘦...
998K 12.8K 79
𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦...