ONE HUNDRED AND THREE

SILAS

"River!" Sarah screamed noticing the trio bobbing in the water, the girl was wet and yet covered in blood, everyone had their hands over their mouths in shock as they tried to pull her onto the life boat.

JJ was crying, soft tears escaping his eyes as he clung to the girls lifeless body in the boat rocking her from side to side to try and get her to wake up.

"Come on." Pope begged cupping the girls face as the rest of them sat around waiting for River to awake. The boat started up, speeding away from the ship and Pope couldn't help but look back hoping to see Silas not that he ever did.

"What s happening?" Kie panicked as the lifeboat started to stall though only a few of the Pogue's were worried about it, the other half were still desperately trying to wake up River.

"We're stalling out." John B spoke trying to pull the boat back to life.

"You serious? We're sitting ducks." Pope panicked looking up at the ship and noticing that Rafe had a gun pointed straight at them, he knew that he would fire he had never not done before but it also made his eyes start to burn with tears.

What if that gun had already been used on the remaining Pogue left on the boat? Silas.

"Wake up. Wake up." JJ begged stroking Rivers his out of her face as she started to cough up some water mixed with a little bit of blood.

"That's it, cough it up, baby." John B smiled dropping to his knees in relief as everyone reached forward and hugged the girl who's eyes had barely opened, she groaned and then started to sob. "Oh my god we thought you were dead."

"Not yet." River lightly mumbled looking up at JJ with her eyes pooled with tears, every time she looked up at him she could only think about their baby and how it had been ripped so viciously from their lives.

"I love you." JJ whispered into her lips peppering kisses all over her face, continuing around her cheeks and back to her lips as their foreheads pressed together, "Please never leave me, I love you. I love you. I'm sorry, I love you."

"I love you." River repeated with a smile and then she looked across everyone's faces taking her cousins hand and squeezing it, "I love you guys." She hummed seemingly zoning in and out of the conversation, "Pope, where's Silas?" She mumbled pulling the boys shirt down so he was closer to her.

Pope gulped down what was a small sob he cleared his throat before allowing his eyes to trail to the ship that was getting smaller the further they travelled.

"He put everyone first." Pope croaked laying backwards defeatedly, "But never himself." His face twitched with a rare emotion it was complete loss and grief.

"No." River croaked holding her hand to her mouth shakily, some part of her felt as though it was her fault that he was still up there. If she hadn't been knocked from the ship maybe she could have convinced him to get on the life boat.

"This shit ain't over." Pope spoke it sounded strong as if he was already ready to avenge Silas.

"No it ain't." John B nodded stroking his hand down Rivers arm to soothe her even though he could tell that she was gutted about Silas being left on the ship.

The lifeboat carried on until the Pogues found an island in which they docked upon.

"Deserted beach. Unknown island. This is the lowest we can go." Pope spoke solemnly without Silas all his sparkle had faded, "We literally have nothing else to lose. The cross? Gone."

"The gold, gone." Sarah cut in with pursed lips.

"Silas' gone too." River spoke up her hand found its way to her stomach, that piece of her was gone too and it hurt her more than words could even begin to explain. JJ threw his arm over the girl and brought her into him and she relaxed under his touch.

"Yeah, you're right. But, I mean, we've had some good stuff happen." John B said trying to seem more positive.

"Name something." Pope shrugged as if he didn't believe it.

"The boiler room. If the boiler didn't explode I wouldn't have been able to get away from Rafe. I couldn't have gotten the zodiac and gotten us out of here." John B explained smiling softly at River and JJ who seemed closer than ever.

"That wasn't luck. That thing was gonna blow the second I stopped feeding it." Cleo responded with a chuckle.

"Stealing my thunder, Cleo. Okay fine, Pope you're related to Denmark Tanny." John B continued, "River literally has the surname cross because of your family, dude, shes basically your number one fan." He joked and River giggled a little and shook her head.

"I lost all his inheritance." Pope replied back with.

"You know what? Guys, this is it. This is the Pogue life. We are in the Caribbean. It's our own little slice of paradise. With my best friends, with my family. I don't know. I just wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. And look while you guys were complaining about every little thing... JJ?RC?"

"Hmm?" River mumbled looking up at the brunette.

"I was looking at those burly lefts." He responded with a smirk and the others shook their head in disbelief.

But hey, that was the Pogue's.

wrote by lucidgravity