TWENTY SIX

ARREST

River watched the film with a smile. Her head resting on Kie's shoulder. "Hey were y'all going?" Kie questioned as JJ and Pope stood up.

"We gotta wring it out." JJ shrugged honestly, no point in lying.

"What you gonna hold it for each other?" Kie questioned, River lifted her head up and looked towards Topper, Rafe and Kelce.

River kept glancing to where she knew Pope and JJ were to where Topper, Rafe and Kelce sat. Her eyes flickered down to the bag that the gun sat in.

They forgot it.

"Idiots." River mumbled to herself. River looked back to the Kooks seats and noticed they were empty. "Shit." She whispered.

River grabbed the gun and hid it in the back of her jeans before trying to sneak away from Kie. "Where are you going?" Kie whispered.

"To find JJ and Pope." River whispered back. "They're gone." River motioned time the three empty seats.

River arrived behind the screen and saw Pope and Topper fighting with each other. "You think you're so fucking tough don't you?" JJ shouted. Kelce holding him back while Rafe punched him. "I'll kill you for ever touching her Top. I'll fucking kill you!"

"JJ?" River mumbled, her eyes flickered between the boys.

"River? Get the fuck out of here." JJ said as her tried to push Rafe away, but nothing helped.

"Let go of him Topper, you fascist asshole." Kie shouted as she hit Topper with JJ's bag.

River pulled the gun from her waist band and pushed the safety off, JJ had taught her how to use it, Incase they were ever in a situation, well, like this. She slowly walked up to Kelce and placed the gun on his temple.

"Let go of him." Rafe stopped punching JJ, but Kelce didn't let go. "I said, fucking let go of him." River said, her finger hovering over the trigger. "Now. Or I'll shoot."

"I'd do as she says, she'll actually pull the fucking trigger, and Incase you idiots can't tell." JJ paused as he spat out blood. "The safety is fucking off."

Kelce pulled away from JJ and pushed him to the floor. River knelt down beside him. "Are you okay?" She questioned cupping his face. He was bleeding badly and bruises were forming quick.

She looked over to Pope, who was still fighting with Topper. Kie searched through JJ's bag and pulled out a lighter.

"Got something you want to say." Topper shouted as he choked Pope.

"It was me." River shouted, the gun still in her hand as she walked over to Topper. "I sank your stupid boat."

"Don't fucking lie to me Cross." Topper shouted.

River was going to reply but she was cut off from gasps. She looked over to the screen and saw that Kie had set fire to it.

"Let go of him Topper." River said, raising the gun once again.

"Let's get out of here, let's go." Rafe said as they ran away laughing. Fucking cowards.

JJ didn't waste any time in wrapping his arms around River. "You." He whispered shaking his head. "Are incredible." He pulled away and cupped her face. "Rive-"

"We need to go." Kie said cutting JJ off. "Now."

JJ let out a load groan, he just wanted to tell River how unbelievably proud he was of her.