TWENTY ONE

WRECK

"Stealing drones makes you hungry." Kie said as they pulled up to The Wreck. The Wreck was probably the best place on the whole of the island to get food. Kie's dad owned it, thankfully.

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ said as he hopped out of the van.

"That would not be pretty." Pope uttered. River jumped out of the van and linked arms with Kie.

"I'm starving." River groaned making Kie laugh slightly.

"Hey dad." Kie smiled as they walked into the wreck. River stayed behind with the boys as Kie tried to persuade her father for some scraps.

"Hey." Mr C smiled back.

"How'd we do?"

"Didn't turn it over once." Mr C responded to his daughter, he didn't miss the friends that she walked in here with.

River stood behind JJ, his hands kept brushing against hers. She didn't know if he was doing it on purpose or not, but it was giving her the cliche butterflies.

River turned and faced the boy who had a knowing smirk on his face. "What are you doing?" River questioned raising her brow.

"Oh me?" He pointed to himself, River hummed in response. "Nothing." He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"J?" River looked up at him through her lashes. JJ didn't know what came over him, he just wanted her close. So, he grabbed her waist and pulled her into his chest. His strong arms snaked around her small waist. She wrapped her arms around his waist and smiled.

Kie looked over to the four, along with her dad. Both Pope and John B gave them a wave. JJ snapped out of his trance and threw the peace sign up and River saluted at them.

"Sit down." Kie ordered the four. JJ unwrapped his arms and grabbed River's hand, pulling her to sit next to him at the table.

"Oh yes!" JJ smiled happily. His hand rested on River's thigh as they waited for their food to arrive.

"You're the best Kie." River smiled, placing her hand on JJ's and fiddling with the rings on his fingers.

~

The food had arrived and they didn't hesitate for one second before stuffing it in their mouths.

John B and JJ kept throwing it at eachother, making River groan as she found random pieces of food in her hair. Kie had told them off several times, although they didn't listen.

Kie started dancing and motioned for John B to join her. He didn't waste any time in getting up and dancing with her.

"No." JJ said before River even asked him.

"Please J." River smiled like a excited child. "Dance with me." She was already stood up.

JJ was about to deny dancing with her again, but he gave in the second he looked at her little puppy dog eyes. "Fine!" He said standing up.

JJ places his hands on her hips as they danced. He wanted her as close to him as possible. She placed her hands on his chest and laughed as he attempted to dance.

River glanced over to Pope and sighed. He was watching both John B and Kie dance. She felt bad for him. He had the biggest crush on Kie and it wasn't exactly a secret either. Both the boys knew about it. JJ was the one to tell River about his crush, although he made her promise not to tell Kie.

"I'm going to dance with Pope, okay?" River whispered in JJ's ear. "Don't get too jealous." She playfully smirked as she walked away from the blonde and over to Pope. "Come on Pope. I want to dance and JJ has two left feet."