EIGHTY SIX

FREEDOM

River knocked on Silas' bedroom door, his mother let her in. Silas swung the bedroom door open and a smile spread across his face the second his eyes landed on the blonde haired girl.

"Holy fuck! You're back." Silas wrapped his arms around River's waist and span her around.

The blonde let go go a small squeal as her feet left the ground. She took in a deep breath and inhaled Silas' familiar scent, that usually brought her so much safety.

"I can't believe it." He grinned, placing her down on the ground.

River smiled at the boys giddiness, she pulled away from him and saw the toothy smile on his face that showed off his dimples. She watched as his eyes traveled down to her neck, trailed in hickeys.

"You best have been to JJ before me and not getting it on with John B in a cell." Silas teased pointing to the hickeys. "Damn that boy can suck," He paused. "I'm jealous of you."

The blonde scoffed, playfully slapping Silas' bicep as she jumped onto his bed and laid back, letting go of a groan, missing the soft mattress.

"So, Reggie finally got custody?" Silas sat down opposite the girl with a questioning luck, his fingers began to comb through her hair.

"No, my dad turned up and bailed me out." River chuckled, closing her eyes as she tried to picture him in her head. He wasn't anything like she imagined. "Then he fucked off again."

Silas felt bad for the girl, she deserved better parents than what she got. He was thankful that Reginald was looking after her now, at least he was able to take care of her.

"Can't believe your mom left you in there." Silas thought aloud.

"I can." River laughed. "She's a drunk bitch. Probably passed out on the sidewalk somewhere now."

River thought about her mother, at the very least Georgia stuck around to raise her. Her dad fucked off the second he found out her mom was pregnant. What kind of person does that?

"So, how are you and JJ know you know about the deal?" Silas questioned curiously.

The blonde shot up, not having a clue what Silas was on about. She turned her whole body to face the boy and furrowed her brows. From the look on Silas' face, he could see that he made a mistake.

"Fuck. He hasn't told you yet has he?" Silas scratched the back of his neck, every inch of him was hoping that River wouldn't question him or ask JJ about it later.

"What deal?" River questioned, her heart was racing, wondering what JJ was keeping from her, especially since they were just on the mends.

Silas sucked in a deep breath, he shouldn't be the person to tell her, even though he was involved too. It should be JJ telling her but it didn't seem like River was going to drop it.

"Silas Apollo Riggs. What deal?" The girl demanded.

The dark haired boy cleared his throat and rolled up the sleeves of his jumper to reveal his tattoos. He ran his hand over his face before letting go of a sigh.

"I meant JJ way before you introduced me to him, Pope and Kie." Silas began. "Bumped into him at the corner store, I was going to pick pocket something."

Silas watched as River's face fell, he knew he had betrayed her trust. He knew that he should've come clean to her when they first started hanging out, that way no trust would've been broken.

"If it wasn't for JJ, I would've been caught by the security guard. He pretended to fall over and pushed their candy bars onto the floor." Silas half heartedly chuckled at the memory. "I waited outside of the store to see him. Told him that I owed him and honestly I thought he'd tell me it was nothing, cause I knew he was a pick pocket for you too."

River furrowed her brows, wondering what Silas meant by that. Silas offered the girl a lopsided smile, he watched JJ steal books for the girl for years. He found it quite romantic.

"He said he did have something to ask of me, in return for not snitching and helping me out." Silas assessed the girls structure, but she had a blank expression on her face. "I thought he was gonna tell me he needed something stealing or a free tattoo, I don't know."

The blonde nodded, wanting Silas to continue with the story. She could feel her heart breaking. The two boys she trusted and loved most in the world, went behind her back.

"He told me he wanted me to watch over you, become your best friend and take care of you." Silas ran his tongue over his bottom lip, letting go of a shaky breath. "He said he couldn't see you anymore, but that he couldn't leave you alone."

River's eyes filled with unshed tears. She didn't understand why JJ couldn't have just stayed. All she wanted was him.

"So I did, I became your friend-"

"I don't want to hear anymore." River's voice cracked as she spoke. She slowly stood up and turned to face Silas saying, "See you around Riggs."

"Angelica, he loved you, he wanted to make sure you were taken care of." Silas spoke as he followed the girl down the hallway. "He loves you."

"Then why didn't he stay?" River snapped and raised her brows. "Look, thank you Silas, you did a good job and kept your side of the deal. But it's no longer needed. You're free." With that, River walked out.

"Fuck." Silas shouted, spinning on his heel in anger and slamming his fist into the wall.