Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#28: Execution

439 25 1
By Yel_lue04

Eleanor wore a white overall and also she had chains around her hand. It wasn't too tightly done. She noticed that the guard asked to escort her was Charles's underling.

"Your father is kneeling in front of the King's chamber the whole night. He collapsed due to stress".

Eleanor looked at the ground on which they walked through heading outside. The bright light blinded her since she hadn't seen it for more than two weeks.

"My lady. I believe this is more than just regarding this poisoning. It is already known in the street that you may either be a savior or persecutor to the merchant. Executing you is both an advantage to the nobles and merchant".

The blonde guard looked behind and saw Eleanor's calm face.

Platform

Isn't it too cruel to chop off that pretty lady's head?

No way! She's just caught up in a dispute between two parties. 

Where is Duke Varian? He should be here anytime soon. We should also escape while we can. There might be a civilian war the moment her head falls on the ground. 

"In your witness is Eleanor from the house of Varian, a member of the Council and a citizen of this Kingdom who had fallen into the great sin of attempting to kill the Crown Prince. She poisoned him using a very strong opium drug and so she will meet her end in front of you, citizens of Andaria, as a warning to those who wish for the country to fall", the herald stood proudly on the platform with her. He peeked into Eleanor expecting chickened out lady. To his surprise, she kept a calm face looking straight into the crowd.

Claudia pushed herself in front to catch the last glimpse of her friend. Frustrated as she was, there was nothing she could do in her current position to save her. "It's not her fault", she cried. "You're right", she heard someone agreeing beside her. "Council Jenos", Claudia gasped recognizing him wearing his cloak with his hood on. "There must be something that the Council could do for her", Claudia grabbed his sleeves.

"It is simpler to accept a preconceived picture than to ask everyone in this crowd what they have in mind", Jenos sighed. "Aren't you her comrades? aren't you going to-, Claudia covered her mouth realizing how foolish she sounded. She was her friend but there's nothing she could do as well." That girl survived countless battles. It's not that she'll easily fall in one attack", Jenos said with confidence in his eyes.

"Any last words?", the herald asked.

Eleanor looked at Theodore with bold eyes.

"Greetings, fellow citizens of Andaria. Just a few weeks ago, I was tasked to do a job. Though His Highness is not here to listen to my proposals, can you please pass him the message? As of the dispute for the land ownership for the shops downtown....", Eleanor spoke as if she was just making a report in front of the council. Ignoring the blade in front of her, she continued.

I wonder what kind of world I will land in after I have my head chopped off on this platform.

Theodore laughed and stood from the chair prepared for him. He clapped his hand in amusement and his eyes suddenly sharpened. "I refuse to take a proposal from a criminal. If I do so, they will sing songs about an Emperor who listened to a criminal's advice", Theodore took out his sword from the scabbard. "I'd kill you myself for acting highly. You haven't changed, Eleanor", Theodore walked closer. "Say what you must, your Majesty. But this is not an order from you. It's from your son", the lady slightly raised her chin showing her confidence.

"Enough insolence", the herald felt a dark aura oozing from Theodore. The huge man grabbed the oversized axe on the side stained with blood. He was about to raise it when the handle was slashed having the blade fall on the ground. Everyone gasped and whispered to each other.

"So, you are an accomplice", Theodore shot a glare to the shadow that crept in. Keane had his back facing Theodore. "You do know the consequence of your action, right? My son", Theodore stressed on the last word.

"Make way", some royal guard escorted the crown prince to make his appearance.

"If there is someone who wished for my head, I'd be the one to execute them myself", Xylan entered with some random people in handcuffs.

For some reason, Eleanor felt her chest tightening. She cannot deny that when Keane appeared, a light of hope was shown to her. But when Xylan came with some men with pale faces, she felt like crying.

I will save you.

"Let her go, I found the culprit", Xylan pushed a high-ranking officer in front. "My advisor?", Theodore raised his eyebrow.

"You allowed this merchant to thrive in this empire and see how they are tipping off the balance in this mighty land!!", the advisor shouted.

Eleanor just watched the random man rant about every mistake that happened in the Kingdom. "Then why didn't you just talk to the Emperor?", Eleanor asked. The advisor spat in her direction. "Who are you to speak?!", he shouted. "You are the Royal advisor. You hold the second seat on the command if you just realized. Why didn't you just tell the Emperor? Why did you have to kill the Crown Prince to spark a fire? Could it be that you aren't confident enough with your ability to whisper in the Emperor's ears? ", Eleanor tilted her head. "Insolent brat. You should have died a while ago!", The royal advisor felt attacked. A sword was thrown past his ears. He raised his head and saw a bloodthirsty glare from Keane. He flinched and hid behind the Crown Prince.

Keane walked near Eleanor and used a dagger to break the ropes." You're already free, Ellie", Keane smiled. His face lighted up seeing Eleanor freed but felt extreme shame for not being able to be the one to look for the culprit.

"Father, justice has been served. Liam will explain to you the details. And as for you...", Xylan raised his sword and looked down on the cowering advisor. "Any last words?", Xylan had a dead look in his eyes. He was about to thrust the sword when a hand grabbed it. "The hand of the Emperor is used to protect the Kingdom. For the dirty work, leave it to me", the prince whispered and slightly pushed Xylan back. "Ellie must be famished. Tend to her needs", Keane said without looking at him.

Eleanor felt dizzy and held onto the platform post. Before falling to the ground, someone caught her. "You're a high-maintenance council member", Jenos clicked his tongue. "Did I do well?", Eleanor closed her eyes and felt the warmth of Jenos carrying her in his arms. "Even I could not possibly speak if my head is to be chopped off", Jenos turned towards the crown prince and bowed his head.

Varian's House
Eleanor's room

Eleanor slowly opened her eyes and sat straight as soon as she saw Charles sitting next to her. "You-", Charles bit his lips.

"Don't go disappearing from my sight. I don't know what I'll do if I also lose you", Charles hugged her tightly.

"Lady", Saphira and Mari called for her. They look so pale as if they were the ones who stayed at the prison cell.

"I'm back", she gave a bright smile.

Chapter end.

Credits to the photos used

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 10.3K 100
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
41.2K 988 8
"The fear in your eyes is palpable. Begging me to stop will only make me go harder." "Please my Lord, don't do this! I'm not ready- I'm scared..." Th...
56.7K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
72.6K 2K 21
Here you'll learn how to become a master of the art of writing fanfiction. These tutorials are 100% approved by the Herd mentality that poisons this...