Hating Noah

Oleh omer7890

Redhead, innocent and pure. The three words which best describe Skylar Gray. With her hidden secrets and fear... Lebih Banyak

Part One- Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Part Two- Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Part Three- Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Part Four- Chapter 32

Chapter 17

7.3K 231 83
Oleh omer7890

We were standing in the freezing cold, waiting for the happy couple to come and pick us up. Noah was wearing a black leather jacket, a long-sleeved black t-shirt, and black ripped jeans. As usual, his black hair was messy above his head, almost reaching his beautiful green eyes.

When the car pulled up in front of us and formed a small breeze, the smell of cigarettes and lemons radiating from Noah's body, filled me with unexpected and extreme warmth.

Marcus was focused on driving, while Viv turned around to the back seats to greet us with her lovely smile. She was about to inform Logan of the small little details about the restaurant, then realized that somebody had replaced him.

"Noah? Where is Logan?"

"He is not coming," her boyfriend answered her softly.

"Why not?"

"I would say he is probably afraid of losing a part of his body," he joked.

"You threatened him?" I asked in confusion to meet with the following silence.

"Answer her question, Marcus," Viv demanded.

"Noah asked me for a favor for the first time in years. Did you want me to turn him down, babe?" said Marcus, confusing my last brain cell alive.

"Yes! Sky and Logan could be great together."

"Logan is not good enough for her," Noah interrupted the intense conversation with a comment of his own. Puking from too many emotions at once was the most honest response I could think of.

"Do you really think that?" I questioned him, amused.

"I do," he told me harshly.

"Okay," I whispered and went back to studying the impressive view outside of the cold window.

"Wait a damn second. Sky, why were you at Noah's place?" Viv broke the silence with her high voice. She turned back again, her blond curls and curious purplish eyes raising my anxiety levels to the moon.

"We worked on the project together," I lied.

"Then I guess you don't need my help anymore, am I right?"

"Yes, but tha-"

"You asked her for help?" Noah cut me off with an angry look.

"I just needed some ideas."

"Don't worry about the project. I am taking care of it."

"What do you mean?" I asked him for the second time today.

"You don't have to worry about it anymore. You can ditch free period classes from now on," he stated heatedly.

"I can't do that. This project is important, and I also don't want to let Ms.Brown down," I explained.

Marcus said something about the teacher being a true legend to lighten up the mood, but the two of us at the back were too caught up in the serious conversation.

"You will not let her down," he was furious by that point, looking at me with nothing but pure anger and irritation.

"Why are you getting so mad with me all of a sudden?"

"Because you are making me fucking mad," he snapped at me with gritted teeth and clenched jaw.

"What did I even do?" hot tears began to blur my vision, but I didn't let them stream down my face. Although, the city lights from behind the window made me even more emotional.

"I can feel the tension, guys. Loosen up. Noah, I am glad you joined us. Marcus can't seem to shut up about you sometimes. I am happy I have the chance to get to know you," Viv sliced the tension with a knife.

But getting to know Noah was harder than she expected.

Throughout the whole dinner, he didn't utter a single word. Every time I glanced at him(to make sure he is not dead), his serious expression glanced at me back, causing my heart to feel heavy for some reason. He kept his thoughts to himself while we ate the delicious Italian food.

Luckily, the couple sitting in front of us didn't seem to notice the gloomy atmosphere. They talked and joked about many things as we listened. I sometimes added some funny comments to the conversation, which I was proud of considering my heavy heart.

"Hey guys, do you want a dessert, or should I bring the receipt?" our waitress asked with her high sweet tone.

I didn't like her at all.

She eyed Noah during the dinner more times than I could count, and I turned furious from every one of them. She even smiled at him, and whenever she did, the heavy hole in my heart grew bigger because he smiled back.

When she finally left, I did everything in my power to hide my boiling anger and stood up from my chair as composedly as I could.

"I have to use the bathroom," I mumbled lowly and walked away.

I was finally able to breathe again, thank God.

My reflection in the fancy mirror looked like a walking mess with her cheeks bold with color and her eyes wide open.

He can't see me like that.

He can't see that I care.

He is everything I am not. It will never work between us.

I closed my eyes and washed my face with cold water to cool down my hot cheeks.

Once the mission was done, I opened my eyes back to see Noah leaning against the door frame with his hands inside his pockets.

"Why the fuck are you mad?"

I turned around to give him a meaningful glare.

"Leave me alone," I demanded.

"Is it because of Tiffany?" he wondered.

"Oh, so you know her name now," I snapped at him, totally succeeding at hiding my jealousy and anger.

"What the hell is your deal, Skylar?"

"Nothing, get out." 

"If you are jealous, don't be. I don't do relationships."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes at him, feeling my heart tightens in my chest.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

"Don't tell me what to do. I am not your dog."

"We are leaving," he declared and turned to leave.

"Go say goodbye to Tiffany," I called after him.

"You are fucking pathetic," he turned back around with his clenched fists.

"And you are a fucking jerk."

Oh no.

"I-I- just leave," I waved him off, welcoming the strong waves of guilt and regret.

The next thing I know, Viv enters the bathrooms and stares at me weirdly.

"Come on, Sky, we are all waiting for you to leave."

"But I got to pay first."

"Noah already paid for you. Come on, don't act so shocked. You guys argued like a married couple in the car. I could've bet that he was going to kiss the hell out of you right there."

Where did that come from?

~~~~~~~~~

"You are beautiful, dear," my mother told me when I entered the house in silence, Noah following behind me.

"Thank you, mom," I smiled warmly at her, although I felt everything but warm.

"Noah, I don't know how to thank you enough for keeping an eye on children."

"It's nothing," he waved off her gratitude.

"Are you two..." she moved her hopeful eyes between me and him.

"No," he assured her quickly.

She nodded and hugged me tightly. After saying our goodbyes, I almost ran into the bathroom with expectation.

I needed to take a shower. And think.

I needed to think about today.

Apparently, too much thinking wasn't such a great thing for me.

Because after at least forty minutes of burning water on my exposed skin, I found myself knocking on Noah's door, ready to speak out the truth.

Well, only the things I could say without feeling the need to hide like a coward beneath my bed afterward.

~~~~~~~~~

I am going back to online school tomorrow, so I wanted to write some more for you guys before I completely lose it. 

But I don't know what I am thinking of this chapter. Feel free to help me understand😂

Please vote and comment❤️

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

31.7K 1.4K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
1.9K 93 43
MATURE CONTENTS.16 year old Skylar Ann Heart has been through hell and doesn't trust anyone, not even her parents. But when he comes along what will...
3.5K 103 18
Mafia boss axel black could have any girl that he could possibly want at his feet.... Why would he go and choose his best friends sister little siste...