Love is weakness, but only if...

By veerastories

UNEDITED, i wrote this years ago As said, love is most powerful magic in the world, which means that the pow... More

Info
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
Author's note!
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
Thank you!
A new story!

26.

2.1K 64 27
By veerastories

     Voldemort was defeated. Defeated by a baby. Defeated. Not dead. Bellatrix knew it. But still, the information tore her apart. She cried. She screamed. She destroyed everything what came on her way.

     And only a few days later, Bellatrix was thrown in a sell of Azkaban, leaving behind a baby. Her 2 years old daughter, without either of her parents. Victoria. And it was no surprise when Dumbledore stealed the baby from Narcissa's arms, and made the child forget everything about her parents. Everyone thought little Victoria died. But Bellatrix and Voldemort knew better. Dumbledore would never kill a child. And they were right. Victoria was sent to live with idiotic muggles, far away from the magical world. She was raised under a new identity, as Victoria Edingell. Victoria was extraordinary for a two years old child. When most young witches and wizards started to show accidental magic around the age of five, Victoria had done magic when she was three weeks old. And what made it so special, was, that she could control it. The muggles who adopted Victoria didn't exactly abuse her, at least not physically. Allthough, she was terribly neglected, and mentally abused.

     Victoria looked absolutely perfect, almost like Bellatrix, but not enough to be straighly identified as her relative by someone who didn't know Bellatrix well. Victoria had long dark brown hair, beautiful features and she was really tall. Victoria had realised that she could speak to snakes when she turned nine. Victoria had always known that she wasn't normal. She wasn't like other children. But when she got her Hogwarts letter, Victoria was stunned. A strange man came to speak with her, and like her father once did, she thought the man to be a doctor. He introduced himself to be named "professor Dumbledore", and Victoria saw the man being curious about her.

      Soon, she was already at Ollivander's, testing wands to have her own. Professor Dumbledore himself, had came with her, which she thought very weird. 'Shouldn't headmasters do something else than worry about an eleven years old?', she had thought. And when she found her wand, the man was amazed and terrified. The seller, named Ollivander, told her that the wand could do great things. It had two cores, which was unusual. Another one of it's cores was dragon heartstring, the most powerful wand core in wands, and another one was phoenix feather.

      When Victoria was called to the front of the Great hall of Hogwarts, she walked to the chair confidently. A boy, whose name she didn't remember, because it wasn't important, in the train had told her about the four houses of Hogwarts. She already knew where she would be placed. Slytherin. When she walked up to the front, she noticed the headmaster, a man with greasy black hair, who glared at her eyes widened, and a woman with the sorting hat in her hands, who looked oddly scared, trying to cover it without success. Almost everone in the Great hall jumped, when the hat was still inches above her head, already roared clear;
"SLYTHERIN!"
That made the woman even more scared.

      But what happened throughout the year wasn't what she had excepted. She was called a mudblood, by people supposed to be her own friends from her house, purebloods. Victoria felt anger and hatred to even her own self, when she realised that mudbloods most definetly do not deserve magic. So she made sure, that she wouldn't be friend any idiotic mudbloods. She was the best in all of her classes, without even studying. All the professors thought this abnormal, she always got O's. Well everyone, except her head of her house, Snape. He knew immediatly who this girl was, allthough Dumbledore didn't admit it to him. And fast, the girl became one of his favorite students. His suspections were confirmed when she had heard the portrait of Salazar Slytherin let her in the common room without a password, but the girl was top deep in her thoughts to even notice this. Victoria sometimes terrified him too, when at the first second she was almost a copy of her mother, being completely crazy and screaming while terrorizing everyone, and on another second, she was shockingly calm, too calm to not to be frightening. Severus noticed, that Victoria had Bellatrix's fast reflexes, and her quick hand at shooting spells, almost being able to perform two spells at the same time. She was absolutely intelligent like both of her parents, and always knew how to handle every situation. And then she had another thing. Her father's power. Without no doubt.

     When Victoria's first year ended, she got sent back to her supposedly to be home. And when her second year started, history repeated itself, and her year went just like the previous one. Victoria found the new stuttering teacher, professor Quirrel, very annoying. He couldn't get a word out of his mouth without shuddering, and once, when she saw him in the hallway, Victoria decided it would be fun to tease him a little;
"Mi-iss E- edin- ngell?" The man didn't even look at her, stared at the ground
"Professor Quirrel, I need help with a spell"
"We-well, te-tell me, and I-I'll try t-to help y-you"
"I need to test a spell on someone, and I was hoping that you would be a volunteer" Victoria told him, as her smirk grew on her face
"I-I would be gl-glad to h-he-help you, what sp-spell i-is it?"
"The Cruciatus curse", Victoria laughed  maliciously and Quirrel's eyes got terrified and he almost gasped. Victoria walked away, but when she went past her teacher, she felt strange. A familiar feeling, but she didn't recognize what it could be. Victoria turned to see Quirrel's back and couldn't help but widened her eyes, when she saw nothing else.

    At the middle of her third year, she heard speaking from the walls.
"Who is it?"
"A speaker. This is the heir, isn't it?"
Victoria heard from the walls, and a questioning look laid on her face.
"What?"
Before they could discuss anymore, the bell ringed which meant that this new dueling club was starting. Soon, she found herself from the Great hall, surrounded by a worthless group screaming at her 'mudblood!'. She stared at Lockhart's annoying face, when he and Snape showed them an example about dueling. The pious wizard was easily defeated by Snape, and Victoria watched this scene in front of her really bored.
"Well, here was a good example- allthough was pretty obvious, that he was going to disarm me. So, if you, Snape, could pick someone from your house, I can pick someone to challenge him. First years first"
Snape smirked, as Draco Malfoy dueled filthy Harry Potter.

    In her fourth year, Victoria began to read about Dark arts. At first, it was just a little curiousity to find out more about them, but then it grew and she started to practice all the spells she found from the books. She had read all about the Dark Lord, and his faithfull followers, disappointed not being able to join him one day, when he would be back, because of her dirty blood. She had easily performed the Imperius curse and the Cruciatus curse and a few other hexes to torture people. But one windy day, when she practiced them on an innocent frog, Victoria had done something abnormal. While she ended the Cruciatus, she realised that she was in the air. A few inches above from the ground. Without a broom. Victoria tried to get back on the ground, and did it succesfully. As soon, as she had collected herself, Victoria stormed towards Snape's office.
"Enter", she heard his cold voice from inside, and stepped in as he opened the door with his wand, "Miss Edingell, why you wanted to speak with me?"
Victoria looked up to him;
"Is it normal to fly without a broom?"
Severus's eyes grew larger, and then widened from the shock.
"Why? Has something weird happened to you, miss Edingell?"
Snape wished that he wouldn't have to answer the young girl's question. So instead, he tried to break in her mind. But he couldn't do it. This girl barely knew, what was occlumency or legillemency, but still she could master it. Now, Snape felt like a fool, he should've realised that Victoria would be natural in it. Her mother's skill in occlumency and legillemency were almost comparable to the Dark Lord's, so of course she was natural in it.
"No - I just wanted to know. Thank you for your time, professor",
As she walked away, Severus realised, that where Victoria had inherited her parents's skills, she had also inherited Bellatrix's weakness. This girl would be overstressed like her mother used to be as a young child, if someone wouldn't do something and fast.

      At her fifth year, after another terrible summer, Victoria was soon surrounded by foolish boys. Within the last summer, she had learned about being adopted;
"Victoria, we are not your parents"
Her mother, or Serina Edingell rudely and coldly told her. Victoria was furious;
"Excuse me?"
"You're adopted, foolish girl!"
Her father, no, she corrected herself, Joseph Edingell screamed at her. Before she had time to ask any other questions, her father took a strong hold of her hair and dragged her up the stairs, threw her in her room, and slammed the door clocked behind him from outside as he left.
And now, when she came back to Hogwarts, Victoria still didn't know anything about her parents, assuming they were muggles, but held up a small hope of them being magical. Last summer, her guardians had became more violent, and Victoria was frequently beaten by Joseph. And like Severus had suspected last year, stress was overhelming her. At the Yule ball, Victoria was sitting on a chair in a corner, drinking firewhiskey, which she had enchanted to look like water. Dozens of boys had asked her to come with them, but Victoria had always replied a cold and a straight no.
The triwizard tournament was completely ridicilous, like everyone who took competed in it, if asked from Victoria.

    Next week, Victoria found herself not focusing on her Defense from the Dark Arts lesson. The teacher, Alastor Moody, was showing them the unforgivables, and while everyone else stared with horror, she laughed, watching with pleasure while the spider got tortured. Soon she heard her professor's sharp scream at the class;
"The fourth years took this better than you!"
This was meant to her classmates, and she knew it, and suddenly felt urge to torture someone or something. And that she did, as soon as she got out of the pointless class. She walked up to the owlery, making sure no one was following her, and roughly took an owl to get herself gratified.
"Crucio!"

      When the day of the third task came, Victoria felt strange. It was like her instincts told her that something was about to happen. Not like the feeling just before something bad happens, but the opposite. Later, she found herself watching the tournament from the Slytherin tower. She would've had other things to do, but came to try to get her mind of her straining and stress. Victoria watched the useless Potter-boy and an another spare, Diggory, was it? They spoke something to each other, almost line they were arguing. Both nodded, and took a hold of the cup. But then, they disappeared. Completely. Was this a part of the task?

      Over an hour later, Victoria was dazzled by a flash of light. She watched the two boys appear to the same place where they had disappeared from. The crowd started cheering and stood up, but Victoria didn't clap. Victoria slowly stood up from her chair, glaring down at the boys. Her eyes widened, as Harry Potter cried. She looked at them narrowly, and noticed it. Diggory was dead. Soon, there was a scream, when someone else had realised it too. The cheering slowly congealed, and the happy shouts turned to panic. Everyone moved, and each and every one of them was alarmed, when they heard the terrified voice of Harry Potter's as he spoke to the headmaster;
"He's back! Voldemort's back!"
People didn't know what to do, a few known Death eaters, who had somehow avoided Azkaban with their lies, left, and others almost ran back to the castle. Victoria peacefully walked a little behind of everyone, allthough she knew, that she would be killed by Death Eaters as she was a mudblood. But she deserved it, she was filth. Victoria knew, she had nothing to be afraid of.

     The next morning, it was already on the Daily prophet; 'You-know-who is back?' Victoria read the article from here and there while eating her breakfast. After only a few minutes, one thing caught her eye. '"He-who-must-not-be-named isn't back and all the high-security Death Eaters including Rabastan and Rodolphus Lestrange, Antonin Dolohov, Augustus Rookwood and Bellatrix Lestrange are still locked in Azkaban, guarded all the time. Believe me, there is no need to worry or panic.", The minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge tells us in his report.'
Victoria's spoon fell from her hand, blood ran cold in her head and she went numb, when all the pieces snaped into place. Her abnormal abilities, her power, adoption, being in Slytherin, teachers being afraid of her, her wand, all the secrets, everything. A few Slytherins, who sat closest to her started to stare at her, but Victoria didn't care. She stood up from the bench, left her unfinished breakfast on the table, and ran. Ran, as fast as she could. When Victoria finally reached the dungeons, she didn't even think for a second, when she roughly with terrible power flashed the door to her head of house's classroom open with her wand. Severus immediatly lifted his gaze to her, his eyebrows giving her a guestioning look, when she saw who was at the door;
"Miss Edingell, what makes you think you can-"
But he was cut of by Victoria almost yelling at him, with emotion in her voice;
"They are my parents, aren't they?"

Hey! I'm sorry for not updating, but I hope that the length of this chapter compensates it! 2400 words, probably the longest chapter I've ever written! Also, sorry for the time skip, but I'm kind of losing my motivitation in this story - so if you want me to continue, comment suggestions! Thank you for reading!

Edit: I just got 1000 reads, I can't even tell you how grateful I am! This maybe isn't much for someone else, but for me it's amazing!!! Thank you all!!! ❤️

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 2K 22
Y/n Malfoy's family decided to make an arranged marriage between Lord Voldemort's oldest son Tom Riddle and their daughter Y/n. Its Y/n's last year i...
399K 14.5K 19
AU: Harry never destroyed the diary horcrux in the Chamber of Secrets. So bright flames burned in our hearts that we found each other in the dark. Th...
11.3K 369 59
Tallulah Malfoy has woken up and she needs to make a choice. Follow voldemort down a path of darkness or follow Severus into the light... Book 1 Min...
35.7K 530 36
What if Bellatrix Lestrange and Rodolphus Lestrange had a daughter? ~ Contains strong language ~ Slowburn ~ Contains violence May not follow the plot...