Façade

By ChangeFate

Luke Hemmings. Popular, pretty, smart, sweet..And on top of all of that.. A self-harming, suicidal, depressed... More

Façade
One - The Frown Never Fades
Two - Disappear
Three - How I Am
Four - Tears And A Smile
Five - Two Way Personality
Six - Admition
Seven - Hoping for The Best
Eight - Hide Through Fear
Nine - Stories Never Told
10 - Afraid Of You
11 - Drunken Fool
12 - Click Click Click
13 - Done With Façades
14 - Ruin My Day
15 - What I Want
16 - Stand Up Push Down
17 - My Beaten Boy
18 - Honestly
19 - A Silent Man's Words
20 - Caught In A Truth
21 - The First Beating
22 - Confrontational
24 - Back To Basics
25 - Talking To The Law
26 - The Mean Streets
27 - The First Trial
28 - Second Try
29 - Goodbye
30 - Hidden Away
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Epilogue III
Epilogue IV
Epilogue V

23 - Stand Up For Me

5.1K 252 82
By ChangeFate

Though lovers be lost love shall not. ~Dylan Thomas

Ashton's POV

Luke was sleeping on my couch, his facial features constricting every now and again with the dream he was having. Tempted to wake him, but then again, he needed the rest. He seemed okay for the moment. Once in a while I would run my fingers through his hair and then smooth it out, which seemed to calm him a great deal. 

I heard a knock on the door, and got up from the couch to answer it. Needless to say, I knew who would be showing up and who he would be showing up for. So I grabbed a paper off of the table nearby. 

"Hello Mr. Hemmings." I snarled at the man standing at the door. I hated him with a burning passion. I wanted him out of Luke's life so it guaranteed for him to remain in mine. 

"I'm here for my boy." He smiled wickedly. 

"Hm, well it seems to me like you can't have Luke." I shrugged. 

"What? Why not?" He asked, the smile fading.

"You don't even deserve Luke, you and I both know what he's done to him." I snarled. "Don't act so damn innocent, you should be in jail right now." 

"But I'm not." He smirked. "You should watch your tone with an adult there, Ashton. I'm pretty sure I can take what you're saying out on Luke, since he is your boyfriend and all." 

"You won't lay another hand on him." I snapped. "Or I will -" I stopped when I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw my mother at my side. I stood back slightly, trying to regain my composure as my mother calmed me. Giving me a look that said 'don't mess things up.' 

"Kyle I'm afraid I cannot give you Luke." She said. An odd look played his father's face. "Luke was hospitalized yesterday afternoon." 

"Wait..So he's not even here?" He asked. 

"That's correct." My mother said, I knew she was lying, playing him for the fool he was, But she was doing it to keep Luke safe, that's all I cared about.

"Why didn't I receive a call?" He asked. 

"Because I was the one who brought him, he was placed under my insurance, and under my name. I'm the one who has to have him released." My mother carefully answered. 

"Oh. Well, I-I'll just go back to my home then." He said as he turned and walked down the steps, heading off in the right direction. 

"Why'd you lie?" I asked when my mother finally shut the door. 

"Because Ashton, he could take Luke home." My mother sighed. 

"No because we have this -" 

"That paper isn't in effect if Mr. Hemmings has not been informed." My mother said. "He hasn't and the police are planning to inform him when they take him in, that should be sometime today or tomorrow." 

"Okay." I sighed. I walked back into the living room to see Luke sitting up, eyes wide, with his legs pulled up to his chin as he stared intensely at the floor. 

"Hey Luke, what's the matter?" I asked as I sat down next to him. 

"Is my father really taking me back?" Luke whimpered, raising his eyes up to me. "I-I don't want to go with him." 

"You won't." I smiled. "I'll make sure of it." 

Luke stared at me for a second, his blue eyes darting every which way. "How?" 

"Alright, I wasn't going to tell you right now, but I guess it's a better time than any." I sighed and sat back on the couch. "Remember that police officer you confessed to? Sarah?"

"I remember." 

"Well, she was outside your hospital room." I said. "She said for what happened to you that you could have another trial against your father but she said you would only win..If you testified." 

"So.." Luke mumbled. "I-I have to stand in front of a group of people, and tell them?" 

"Yes." I said slowly. 

"I-I can't!" Luke yelled as he jumped off the couch which gave him a slight wince. "I can't look everyone in the eyes and tell them, no-no not while my father is sitting there watching!" 

"It's the only way you can win the trial." I said. "Luke you need to or you will go back to your father's house, he wasn't nice to you when you lost the first trial. So what did you think he'll do with a second one?" 

"He's right Luke." My mother sighed as she walked in the room, pills in one hand, water in another as she handed them to Luke. "If you're going to have any chance against him, you need to testify. It could actually save you're entire case." 

"B-B-But I don't think I-I can." Luke mumbled as he sat back down the couch, sitting close to me. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled onto my lap. 

"Luke, are you worried you're going to stutter?" My mother gave a small smile. "Maybe you'll cry?" Luke gave a sheepish nod. "Luke, that's not even an issue because that's how you feel about the situation and that's why you need to testify. So the jury - or the judge - sees that. And even if you're in there headstrong it'll be okay. You just need to be heard." My mother stood up and walked over to the couch, sitting down next to us and wrapped her arm around the both of us. 

"I made a promise," She began. "I promised your mother no matter what happened I would always take care of you. I intend on keeping that promise. You're a part of this family Luke, I'm behind you every step of the way." Luke sat wide eyed looking at my mother, shocked he was. He sniffled before leaning slightly onto my mother as she encased him in her embrace. "It's okay. It will be okay." 

"T-Thank you." Luke said quietly as he sat up. 

"Luke I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we care about you and that we love you and we're not the only ones. Michael and Calum love and care for you, everyone does. We will always take care of you." I said as I smoothed out his flat hair. Luke leaned up and kissed my cheek before snuggling down into my chest. 

"Well, I think that I should start making dinner." My mother smiled. "Luke, what do you want?" 

"I don't care what." Luke said quietly. 

"Well I'm making you eat either way, might as well make it something you like." She gave a shrug. 

"Um.." Luke bit down nervously on his lip. 

"How about we order a pizza?" My mother smiled, a smile that Luke returned and nodded along with. "Okay, I got it." My mother stood up and walked towards the kitchen. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Irwin." Luke said.

My mother turned around, her hands on her waist. "Luke, you're family, you don't call me that." 

Luke gave a puzzled look. "Well.. What do I call you?" 

My mother had a smile playing on her lips as she spoke. "You can call me mum." 

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION: THIS ONE IS PRETTY IMPORTANT

WASN'T THAT JUST ADORABLE. :D 

Ashton's mother is ze best mother (Little French accent there).

Okay that chapter is done, I don't really know if I'll update again tonight (well at least on this book) but I'll see you all in the next chapter.

This book is almost over in other news though D: So we will talk about that before you go.

Okay! So I already have an ending planned out(Like how it ends) HOWEVER, there will be at least one epilogue buuut listen close for this.

If you read Nerd-Alert you would know there were four different epilogues, if you want I could do something similar to that, but I  need to know so you need to tell me. But there will be at least one regardless. Cause I don't do sequels cause they're just..The worst like ninety-nine percent of the time.

ALSO, last time I wrote a book I didn't make the other two guys (Ashton & Calum, AKA Cashton) a couple, so if the majority of you want Malum..SAY SO NOW PLEASE and I will add it.

Okay I think that's everything..I'll probably revisit this in like chapter 25 if not 24.

But for now..

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 11.7K 52
I was none other then Reed Hemmings twin brother, that was what I was known for. It was not anyone's fault but my own, I showed up halfway through th...
81.7K 921 24
Just some preferences and blurbs. I take suggestions! You can comment or inbox or email me saradiehl00@icloud.com. Also you can follow my Insta will...
280K 8.9K 26
when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence
1M 34.7K 36
Ashton is okay right now. He's always like this after a bad bout. He starts off saying that the world is his oyster and he loves everyone, but when t...