Playing With Fire || Nathan S...

By jellyyayri

Rose and Nathan's love was like playing with fire. Rose was a delicate flower that needed protection. She wa... More

Playing With Fire
Epigraph
*New Main Cast*
Rose's Family Tree
Pilot
The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
Are You True?
Crash Into You
Every Night is Another Story
Life in a Glass House
The Search for Something More
With Arms Outstretched
With Arms Outstretched Part Two
You Gotta Go There to Come Back
The Living Years
Crash Course in Polite Conversations
Hanging by a Moment
I Shall Believe
Suddenly Everything Has Changed
The First Cut is the Deepest
Spirit in the Night
To Wish Impossible Things
How To Get Emancipated From Your Parents

All That You Can't Leave Behind

1.4K 33 1
By jellyyayri

Rose woke up in a room she did not recognize.....

She was about to get up but Nathan walked in with some food.

"Your up," Nathan said setting on his bed.

"Yeah. How did I get here."Rose asked him confused.

"I ran into you and you fainted so I brought you my house not knowing if I should bring to the hospital but I can if you want to go."

"No, it's fine. I just did not eat all day." Rose said.

"Then eat this. I order some Pizza." Nathan said handing Rose the plate of Pizza.

"Thank you," Rose said taking the pizza from him. While Rose was eating Nathan was looking at her. For some reason, Nathan felt like Rose was lying to him.

"Is everything ok?" Rose asked him.

"Yeah is fine. Do you want to drive you home."

"Actually can you drive me to the hospital? My mom is there for a doctor's appointment."

"Sure no problem." Nathan grabbed his keys as rose got up and walked out of his room.

The car ride the hospital was a quiet one.  Nathan could not help but think Rose was hiding something from him. Like there was more to the story than just her not eating something and it worried him.

*******
"Thank you for the ride."

"No problem," Nathan said driving away. Rose signed before walk into the hospital to find her mom talking to her doctor Dylan Park.

"There you are, Rose. We were just talking about you."

"All good I hope," Rose said laughing.

"Yes, We found a donor."

"Really?!"

"Yes."

"Why don't you feel her in more while a take this phone call," Nikki said walking away.

"Ok, your mom is gone talk to me, "Dylan said looking, Rose.

"What's makes you think you there is something wrong?"

"You look super weak like you had a panic attack ."

"It's noting."

"No, it's something Rose talk me."

"Ok fine but don't tell my mom. I don't want her to worry." Rose said.

"Ok fine let's go to my office," Dylan said. Rose nodded her and followed him to his office.

"Ok, so what's up."

"I don't know if this has to with anxiety but there were two times where I found it hard to breathe."

"Really? Explain."

"The first time was when I was standing up for Lucas because Nathan began an ass and then today I got into a fight with Lucas he found out about me liking Nathan," Rose said.

"How did they make you feel."

"Like I could not breathe, everything was spinning and I could not see anything."

"Rose, I think you are not used to standing up for yourself. But you want I give you some medicine?"

"No. But I will let you know if I change my mind."

Ok."Dylan said just as Nikki walked in.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes, I have scheduled surgery a month from now. If we need to move it up I will let you know. "

"Ok great see you later tonight for dinner?"

"Yes see you then." Nikki nodded taking Rose's hand walking her out of the hospital. 

*****

Once Rose got home she saw Nathan outside of his house playing basketball. Rose smiled walking up to him.

"Hey, you busy tonight.

"Maybe. Why?"

"Do you want to have dinner with my family?"

"You sure?"

"Yes, my  mom invited her doctor I am pretty sure they are dating."

"Then I will be there."

"Ok great see you then," Rose said waking away leaving a happy Nathan.

****

It was later in the night Rose and just finished getting ready when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Rose called running to the door. There stood Nathan Scott all dressed up holding two bouquets of flowers.

"What's with the flowers?"Rose asked letting Nathan in her.

"One for you and one for your mom," Nathan said handing Rose one of them.

"Rose who is was at door," Nikki said walking over.

"Hello Ms. Song, I'm Nathan Scott. I am a friend of your daughter."

"Nice to meet Nathan."

"These are for you."

"Oh wow thank, "Nikki said taking to flowers.

"Everyone is in the kitchen. Rose can I talk to you." Nathan smiled before walking past Rose but stopped to whisper to her. "You look beautiful by the way. I really like your hair like this."

Rose smiles watching Nathan walk away.

"He is a gentleman."

"He is," Rose said.

"Are  you dating."

" No, we are just friends. "

"Does he know?"

"No, I will tell me soon don't worry mom," Rose said walking away.

********

"The food is delicious Ms. Song," Nathan said.

"I am glad you like it."

"Nathan, how do you know Rose?"Dylan asked smirking.

"We go to school," Nathan said causing Dylan to nod his head.

"Look the reason I invited Dylan was because I have something to tell you all. Nina, Rose I understand if you don't want to accept this yet but Dylan and I dating." Nikki said grabbing Dylan's arm.

"Mom that's great news," Nina said running up to hug Nikki.

"I don't get why you think we get upset over something like this? At least you told us. Unlike dad who just packed up and left."Rose said getting up and walking up to her room.

"Excuse me," Nathan said following after her.  Once Nathan was in Rose's room he saw she had a picture frame in her as she cried.

"Sometimes I just wish my mom would stop holding on to him. Like she still thinks he will come back and be in our lives but no he hated us so much he went and had another family. He got married to someone else while he was still married to my mom!"Rose yelled she threw the picture frame to the ground.

Nathan felt bad for Rose having to deal with this. He could see this effected her a lot. Nathan walked up to Rose and took her in his arms and let her cry.

*********

It was the next day and Rose walked into school only to be stopped by Haley.

" Hey, Uh, I didn't realize I booked Nathan's session tomorrow at the same time as my shift at the café," Haley says.

"So you going  to cancel?"Rose asks.

"No, I was hoping you could take over for me," Haley asks.

"Yeah sure."

"I love you!"

"I love you too Halis."

"So anything new between you and Nathan?"Haley asks lining her arm with Rose.

"He had dinner at my house yesterday."

"Oh my god really?!"Haley asked shocked.

"Yeah, my mom invited my doctor. Turns out they are dating."

"Wow."

"How did that go?"

"My mom acted like we were going to be hurt by new so I got mad and cried in front of Nathan."

"Damm," Haley said

"Yeah. Have you talked to Lucas?"

"This morning Have you."

"Not since he found out about me liking Nathan. I am not going to be the one to talk to him first, he should be the one."

"Hey, Rosie, Haley," Nathan said walking up to them.

"Hey.Nate."

"Hey, Nathan bye! Oh, by the way, Rose is going to tutor you today and tomorrow!" Haley says walking away.

"So I will see you later then?"

"Yes," Rose said smiling as she walked away.

*****************

Rose was at Nathan's house grading one of his papers.

"The good news is you did better... and the bad news is better is a D," Rose said looking up at him.

"Yeah. I guess I didn't really give this one my best shot."Nathan said upset.

"What's going on with you?" Rose asked worriedly.

"Well. You know me and Peyton broke up." Nathan says as they walk to class.

"Peyton and I." Rose corrects.

"Oh. She broke up with you too?" Nathan asks, jokingly and Rose to roll her eyes, smiling.

"Just... I didn't know she was going to take it this hard. She went off on Brooke at practice. I'm kinda worried about her." Nathan says.

"Well, maybe you should've worried more about her when you were together. I'm sorry but come on, it's true." Rose says.

"No. You don't know the first thing about Peyton and I." Nathan snaps.

"Me and Peyton," Rose says and Nathan smiles at her.

"It just kind of sounds like you're in denial," Rose says and Nathan looks at her confused. "About what?"

"Missing her. You know, it's okay that you do."Rose says.

"What... are you my tutor or my shrink?" Nathan asks, laughing.

"I'm whatever you need at the moment," Rose says, shrugging her shoulders.

"I treated Peyton pretty bad," Nathan admits. "She had every right to walk away. It was my fault. I screwed up. I just wish I had another chance." Nathan says and I nod my head. "You know, it's funny. I think we've actually talked more than Peyton and I ever did." He says.

"Nice work," Rose says.

"That was the truth," Nathan said confused.

"No. On your practice exam. 81." Rose said looking at him.

"Oh. You know, it's funny. I think we've actually talked more than Peyton and I ever did."

"Peyton and I... good job."

"Yeah, you too. Hey... are you coming to the game?"Nathan asks Rose looking at her hopefully.

"Um, well, it depends this new Korean drama is calling my name," Rose says as she packs up her things.

"Alright. Rose?" Nathan calls out casing Rose to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"I know this hasn't been easy for you and Haley. I just wanted to say thanks."

"Good luck," Rose says smiling at him one last time before walking away.

*********

Rose was with Haley on the rooftop playing mini-golf when Lucas walked up.

"Hey."

"Hey. I really don't want to be like this, Luke." Haley says.

"What is that?"

This. Us skirting around each other. I mean, we're friends. You know, when you wanted to join the team, We didn't understand it and we told you that, but we supported you." Haley said speaking for her and Rose.

"I know."

"So... support me! When I'm tutoring someone, and they get it, and that light goes on, I feel good! I feel worthy. The same way that you feel when you play basketball. Besides, have things gotten better for you? The team's left you alone, the hazing's stopped? Yeah. So, that's worth the risk for me. What's not worth the risk it's us. We're friends and that is important to me and don't be mad at Rose she can't help that she feel for Nathan."

"Haley is right I did not do it propose it just happen but I promise you nothing is going ever going to happen between me and Nathan. He does not see me like that."

"You're just tutoring him? And Rose you promise."

"I am just tutoring him. That's it."Haley says.

"I promise," Rose says.

"Okay."

*******

Rose was at the game talking to Haley when Nathan walked up to them.

"Hey, you guys got a sec?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"Check that out, "Nathan says holding up his test.

"An 84! That's so great" Rose says happily as Nathan holds out his arms for a hug.

"Yeah, hey, congratulations!"Haley says as Rose hugs Nathan.

"I am proud of you, "Rose says once she pulls away from Nathan.

********

Haley and Rose find a seat close enough to talk to Lucas during warm-ups.

"Luke! Lucas!" Rose called out and he seems to be ignoring her so Haley tries.

"Hey, Scott!" Haley calls out and both Lucas and Nathan turn and face them, before turning up.

"Okay, that was awkward," Rose says and Haley nods as the game begins.

******

It was halftime and the players start coming out Rose walks up and stops Lucas.

"Luke. Are you mad at me? What's going on?" Rose asks.

"I don't want to talk about it right now," Lucas says, still walking.

"Too bad, because we are about to," Rose says and Lucas stops and turns around.

"I saw you with him," Lucas says.

"Who Nathan? God, he got a good grade on that math quiz. It was nothing. I told there is nothing going on between us." Rose assured, shaking her head.

"I want to believe you, Rose. I do. But I don't think you're telling the truth."Lucas says.

"I'm am telling the truth, Lucas. There's nothing going on." Rose says as Lucas notices the bracelet Nathan gave her.

"Nice bracelet." He says before he walks off.

Rose looked down at the bracelet she had forgotten she even had it on all this time.

*********

The game has been going great and by halftime, the dads were down by thirty.

Well folks, an impressive showing for Dan Scott. The kids are just too much. What do you say we make this interesting? Let's make the score 0-0, and the next basket wins." The announcer says.

The game starts back and the first thing that happens is Nathan gets slammed by Dan. The gym goes silent. Luckily Nathan's fine and Lucas help him up.

*******

It's now later and Rose was Haley's house. Surprisingly the dads won, but Rose knew that it was only because Nathan let his dad win to prove a point that he cares about the game too much, but that part isn't much of a surprise.

Rose was sitting on Haley's bed when Haley walks in from using the bathroom.

"Hey, what was Luke's problem tonight?" Haley asks sitting next to Rose.

"He thinks I lied about what's going on with me and Nathan," Rose says and Haley nods.

"But you do wish something will happen between you, guys,"

"I would be lying if I said no but he does not see me like that,"

"Ro, I don't say this enough but I love you kid."

"I love you to Haley Bob," Rose says.

"Oh hell no, you don't get to call me Haley Bob, Roseanne," Haley says causing them both burst out laughing.

Disclaimer: I don't own One Tree Hill, I own all the characters I bring in. There will probably be spelling mistakes and things might make sense but I am trying my best to improve. I hope you like this book!

Copyright © 2020 by MJacob824| MICHELLE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907K 20.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
190K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
134K 15.6K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...