Are You True?

The game down by 2, score 57-55........ Nathan tries to shoot but doesn't make it. Jake passes it to Lucas, he shoots and scores.

Winning the game.

Students run from the bleachers unto the court. Rose quickly ditch Keith and Karen and run up to Lucas and wrap her arms around him.

"I'm so proud of you, Luke," Rose says as he picks my body up from the gym floor and swings her around.

"Thanks, Ro," Lucas says putting Rose down.

Rose looked around to find Nathan sitting one the bleacher looking upset. Rose took a deep breath before walking over to him.

"You played good," Rose said causing Nathan to look up at her.

"Thank, but why getting the feeling you have something else to tell me."

"I don't. I will maybe at the beach if you want to talk later." Rose said leaving him confused on what she just said.

*****

It's was after the game and Haley and Rose were sitting on counters of the café. "Just tell me," Haley begs Rose.

"You're going to have just wait on Lucas to know what happened," Rose says, shrugging her shoulders and Haley tries to intimidate her by making a face, but Rose does not budge.

"God, I hate you!" Haley says, pushing Rose.

Love you too, Hales." Rose says, smiling at Haley as Lucas walks into the café.

"12 points, 8 assists. And I made the game-winning shot." Lucas says.

"Oh, my God, tangs great!" Haley says, smiling as she hops off the counter and jumps onto Lucas.

"That is great, right?" She asked as Lucas put her down.

"Yeah, it's all right," Lucas says, shrugging his shoulders as if it was no big deal.

"That's more than alright," Rose says, walking up to the pair.

"Ugh, I can't believe I had to work! Tell me about it." Haley says.

"Actually, the beginning wasn't so great, I ran into you-know-who," Lucas says.

"Lord Voldemort?" Rose jokingly causing Haley and Lucas look at her and laugh.

"No, you idiot Dan," Haley said lightly pushing her. "Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want to talk about it?" Haley asks.

"Actually, I wasn't thinking about checking out the burning boat," Lucas says.

"Ooh," Haley says.

"You want to come?" Lucas asks.

"I'm down," Rose says nodding her head.

"Well, I suppose we could be seen with you. Let me just call home and tell them not to wait up." Haley says as she walks over to the counter's phone and dials her house. "Hey, mom, it's Haley. Haley James, your daughter." Haley says as she makes a sign of drinking with her hand toward Lucas and Rose. "Listen,  I'm gonna go out after work, and I'll be home. Okay? All right, bye."Haley says hanging up.

"Was your mom drinking?" Lucas asks.

"No! I got the machine." Haley says walking out the door. Lucas and Ros look at each other before following Haley.

******

Lucas, Haley, and Rose are walking around the burning boat. "Nice game, Lucas." A boy passing us says.