Spirit in the Night

Lucas Scott had suggested Rose and Haley to join... The at the tournament this weekend. The two girls didn't have any plans on going, they're weekend plans consisted of watching romcoms and gossiping about their boyfriends. The two bid their goodbyes once they saw Nathan Scott walking up behind them. Rose turned around and came face to face with her boyfriend.

"Well, guess who's going to the tournament this weekend."Rose raised her eyebrows before pointing to herself, "Luke convinced Haley and me to go."

"You and me in the same hotel." Nathan asked, raising a brow, before a smirk fell upon his face, "This weekend just got interesting."

"Down boy." Rose joked, playfully pushing his shoulder away causing him to chuckle. Nathan gave his mom the emancipation papers and he moved out of both houses and began to look for apartments which is why Rose looked at him, hoping everything worked out in his favor. "So, how'd it go?"

"I got the apartment," Nathan confirmed, after reviewing apartments, he found one that he really liked. "I drained my savings, paid first and last month's rent. It's mine on Sunday."

"That's amazing, Nate." Rose grinned, wrapping her arms around him and kissed his cheek, repeatedly. Nathan chuckled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, the two walking inside the school.

******

The next day everyone who was going to the Classics met up at the school's courtyard. Nathan and Rose were about to board the bus, but they heard Brooke and Whitey arguing about the cheerleader's pom-poms. Nathan offered to drive his car to which Whitey was reluctant to agree on but he did, Nathan looked at his girlfriend waiting for her to go with him.

Although she agreed she was going to sit with Lucas, Rose apologized to Lucas and followed Nathan. Once they arrived at the hotel rooms, Rose and Haley began to choose their beds for the weekend.

"First, I feel bad. I mean, we promised Luke that we were going to sit with him but then we both sat with our boyfriends." Rose groaned, feeling bad. She plopped down the bed and looked at her best friend, "Are we the worst best friends ever?"

"Kind of?" Haley nodded agreeing with her, "But it's Luke. He understands."

"Yeah."Rose nodded sighing before she grabbed her phone and messaged her mom that they had arrived at the hotel safely. Rose looked up from her phone to glance at her best friend, "We're still on for pizza with Luke, though right?"

"I'm on my way to the lobby right now." Haley nodded walking towards the door, "Alec is coming, too."

"Yes! I miss him!." Rose chuckled. Ever since Haley and Alec started dating he has been hanging out with the group lately. It didn't bother any of them because Lucas got along with Alec  and Rose happy he found someone like Haley. "I'll meet you down there in ten."

Alright." Haley nodded, closing the door behind her and making her way to the lobby.

Rose began to make her way down the lobby, walking through the hotel's hallways when a hand made contact with her arm, pulling her inside a room, the brunette looked up and smiled attaching her lips onto her boyfriends before pulling away.

She placed her hands on his chest, pushing him lightly, "You almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry." Nathan chuckled, "We're not allowed to have girls in the room so I had to keep it covert. Hang out for a little bit."

"I can't." Rose winced, "I've got to meet Lucas, Haley, and Alec for pizza. I'm pretty late, too." Rose looked at him as an idea came to mind, "Why don't you come? It can mend any relationship you have with Lucas."