With Arms Outstretched Part Two

Rose was in the tutoring center with Peyton.......

"What's going on? You said you wanted to talk." Rose asked her.

"Do you think second chances are a lie?"Peyton asked her.

"Well, it depends on who you are dealing with, I guess."

"Yeah... How are things going with you and Nathan?"

Hmm-mmm. Um. Not so great. I don't know what he wants us to be. Are we a couple? Are we just hanging out? Is it for sex because if it is... "

"If it is what?"Peyton asked.

"That's not enough for me," Rose said.

"Bad experience?" Peyton asks as Rose looks up, smiling

"What, are you- are you a virgin?"

"Yeah. So what if I am?"

"Good for you," Peyton says as Rose laughs.

"So what are you going to do?"

"Try and get some answers I guess."

"Did Lucas tell you what happened between us?"Peyton asked

"Yeah. He just said that you weren't ready for a relationship." Rose said.

"Did he tell you about Brooke?"

"That they went out? Yeah... You okay with that?" Rose asked her not sure.

"He's fair game. Plus, she's really not the dating kind, if you know what I mean." Peyton says as Rose smiles.

"Is connecting with someone really this complicated, or is it simple and we just make it worse?"

"For me it's complicated. You just make it worse." Rose says as both her and Peyton laugh.

****************

"Nathan!"Rose called out for him, from outside of the gym, as she ran to catch up with him.

"Not now, Rose." He snapped and his voice sounded cold.

"Okay, how about after the game, we can get some food and talk?"Rose asked him.

"Rose, I said not now, okay?" He snapped.

"And I said after the game. Why are you being like this?"Rose asked.

"Because I can, okay? That's how it works. People are mean, and life's a bitch." He said. He was being rude, for no reason, something was definitely off, and Rose didn't know what it was.

"What's my problem? My problem's on the other side of the wall and in five minutes if I'm not perfect, they're going to eat me alive. That's my problem." He snapped, walking in the gym. Rose waited until he was a good distance inside, and then she walked in and sat with Haley.

********

Throughout the entire game, Nathan was playing great, he was making a lot of good shots, and Rose was very impressed with him, but she still wanted to know why he was acting the way he was. And when they got to the fourth quarter, he had already racked up 38 points.

Nathan started to get aggressive, and Whitey called a timeout, once the timeout was over, they were back on the court, and Lucas passed Nathan the ball, and he was about to get 40 points, or 41 depending on the shot he took, but when Nathan was holding the ball something happened.

He started to stagger, he shook his head and blinked a couple of times. Rose's features twisted in concern, something was happening. Nathan dropped the ball and at the same moment, he started to fall to the ground. The player who was defending him had no idea what was happening and grabbed the ball running down the court. And then Nathan collapsed.

Rose's eyes widened, as his teammates ran out to him, and soon enough, Tim was calling out for Whitey, who rushed to Nathan unconscious on the ground and he put a hand on his chest, Rose eyes started to water and her she could hear her heart beating super fast.

**********

Rose was making her way to the hospital but she turns around makes her way back to Karen's cafe. Rose runs through the front door to see Deb behind the counter.

"Hey. I was on my way to check on him, and then I realized you were here, so I turned around and came back. You should go? How is he?"Rose ask as Deb looked at her confused.

"Nathan."

"What about him?"Deb asked worriedly.

Rose was pacing in her room, with her phone in her hand, leaving Nathan a voicemail, She ran to the cafe and told Deb what happened, since she wasn't at the game, because Rose was going to go to the hospital, but she figured that his mother should be there over not her.

"Hey, it's me. Um, I guess I'm just worried about you. I really hate the way we ended things" Rose said, sighing as she hung up the phone.

"So do I." A voice said behind Rose, and she turned around to see Nathan leaning against the wall in her doorway. Rose frowned, did he really just leave the hospital? "Your mom let me in."

"How are you?" Rose asked, setting her phone down on her desk, before walking towards him.

"Not good. Can I. .-" Rose cut him off, by wrapping her arms around him and hugging him Nathan's arms immediately wrapped around Rose, and he pulled Rose's body into her warm one. "I made a lot of mistakes, Rosie." He said as he pulled away. "Sometimes, because of my dad. Sometimes, by choice." He said, and sat down on Rose's bed, and took her hand in his.

"I just can't do it anymore." He whispered. Rose had tears in her eyes because his voice was cracking, and it sounded like in his voice that he was about to cry, and that made her sad.

"Nate, it's okay. ." Rose whispered, stepping closer to him, and gently squeezing his hand.

He shook his head. "No. No, it's not okay. I lived for tonight. I was so scared. I'm still terrified, and then I saw you. I promised myself that if I could just get up, and walk over to you and tell you how much I need you, and how much I want you, that nothing else would matter." He said.

Rose smiled, and sat down on her bed next to him, and leaned in, giving him a gentle kiss. Nathan cupped her cheeks, and their kiss got slightly more heated, but it didn't lose its passion. Nathan's lips were soft, he still kissed Rose like he was scared to break her if he kissed her too hard.

Rose broke apart from thier kiss and walked over to the door. "Rosie. ." Nathan said quietly as Rose turned around to look at him. "Can I stay with you for tonight?" He asked. Rose nodded as she closed her door, and then walked back over to him.

Rose sat down next to him, and laid her hand on his cheek, and frowned. "Nathan, don't you ever scare me like that again, okay?" She whispered, laying her forehead against his.

He nodded and leaned in and gently kissed her lips. "I promise, I'm so sorry, Rosie." He whispered, and Rose gently ran her fingers through his hair.

"Don't be, I'm just glad you're okay," Rose said kissing him.

"Rose dinner is ready! Nathan your more than welcome to join us."Nina called her daughter.

"You hungry?"Rose asked pulling away.

"For your mom's amazing cooking? Always."Nathan as he and Rose made thier way downstairs to eat.

A/N: What did you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments

Disclaimer: I don't own One Tree Hill, I own all the characters I bring in. There will probably be spelling mistakes and things might make sense but I am trying my best to improve. I hope you like this book!

Copyright © 2020 by MJacob824| MICHELLE