Secrets (Zayn Malik)

By britishirishtea

19 year old, Ellana Rivers begins her new life in a new university right in London England after the infamous... More

Secrets
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Thank You
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Confessions
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue

Chapter 63

1.9K 100 18
By britishirishtea

I think I'm done being depressing lol

Zayns POV

"She's not here. James I swear to God, tell me where she is." I aimlessly pace around my flat, double checking each room in case she's in the bathroom or taking a shower and I happened to miss it. There's only a week left, and if I know him the way I think I do, she could very well be taken away from me earlier than expected.

"Got to say, as much as I want to play with you and drive you mad, I won't. She's at the cemetery, most likely visiting her friend." He chuckles softly, and I stop in my tracks to listen to the disgusting sound of his entertainment.

"You're laughing because...?" I sigh of relief at the thought of her being okay and free.

"I'm laughing, Zayn, because you're crazy about her. Not the good kind of crazy either. More like the in love, sick puppy, crazy about her. And yet a few months ago, all she was to you was a job."

I race to my room, and slip on a different pair of boots, due to my others being soaked from walking in snow. "I suppose you've never been in love James?"

"Not ever since I accepted this job, no. My advice to you is, get your head out of your ass and do what you're told. Even though, it's probably too late for you anyway." The line goes dead, and I roll my eyes while slipping my phone back into my pocket.

Without a second thought, and not caring what I leave behind, I rush out the door, locking it behind me.

--

I reach the cemetery, and slowly walk respectfully amongst the tombstones. It's empty, as it should be, so it couldn't be too hard to find her.

And I do.

Her crimson peacoat pops of color among the bunch of grey you'd only see if she weren't here. I keep a safe distance, but manage to watch over her protectively as she mourns. She hunches over on the grass, placing a bouquet of bright white roses in front of the marble stone, next to another bouquet similar to hers.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, but I reach down and shut it off immediately.

I can't ruin this for her.

Then, I watch as she spreads her legs out across the grass and lays flat in front of the stone, letting out cries I'm now able to hear. My heart shatters at the sound of her crying, but I can't bring myself to move just yet. I need to comfort her, but something tells me she doesn't need me to.

Her cries fade out until I can no longer hear them, and that's when I make my way over to her. Her hand covers the exposed side of her face, and her hair falls to the opposite side in shiny black waves. I can't hear her crying, because she fell asleep.

"Who the fuck falls asleep in a cemetery?" I ask myself, but shake out the rude personal thought.

"Only my girlfriend, of course." With a swift movement, I place one arm under her legs and the other around her back, pulling her up to my chest and carrying her bridal style.

She murmurs in her sleep, but I don't say a word, hoping she'll let the exhaustion overcome her. We reach my car and it's a damn struggle to get the door open with her in my arms, but I do anyway. I slide her into the back seat, against the fabric cushion comfortably.

"This isn't real." She finally manages to speak in her sleep, and I smile at the way her lips part slightly as she breathes.

"Please keep thinking that." I kiss her temple, and shut the door behind her.

"Glad you found her!" A voice shouts from across the road. I turn to see him, dressed in all black as well, as if this was a funeral he should've attended.

"What do you want Harry?" I roll my eyes, and lean against the back of my car.

"Nothing, I was here to make sure she was okay too actually. You were no where to be seen, so I figured I should step in."

"If you're looking to step in and steal my girlfriend, you don't have a chance in hell."

He makes his way over, soon stopping right in front of me, and casually places one hand on the back window. "I wouldn't be so sure Zayn. See, you're no good for her. We both know that. What she doesn't know about me though, won't hurt her."

"She'll never love you." I spit harshly, and clench my fists in order to restrain myself from killing him right here.

He bursts out laughing uncontrollably, soon wiping tears from his eyes. "I don't need her to love me! Shit, when have I ever been in love?"

"I can name a few times. One in particular." I hint at the memory of that girl he basically fell for completely, and hasn't truly recovered since.

"Fuck her. Other than that, we can both say I've never fallen in love. So no, I don't need her to love me. I just need her to think I love her. Get it?"

"You're sick and twisted."

"Oh you started out the exact same way. Before you know, you failed to keep it strictly business and had fucking sex with her." The corner of his lip curls into a smile, and the dimple on his cheek appears.

I take a deep breath, full of patience and restriction, and let it all go from there.

"I'm not scared of you Harry, and if you think I am? You have another thing coming. Because if you hurt her, I will personally stab a knife straight into the hand that did, and make sure you don't live another day to see her smile. Stay away from Ella, or I will make sure like hell that you do."

I don't realize that in clenching the collar of his shirt so tight, that his nose is brushing against mine. I push him away harshly, and walk around to the drivers side, leaving him alone.

"Let the best man win, Zayn!" He calls to me, but I slam the drivers door shut and turn the key in the ignition. Before pulling out, I look back at Ella resting peacefully against the cushion, and notice her cheeks and nose are slightly pink from crying.

She's been like this all day, and I can't stand the sight anymore, so I decide to take her some place that will relieve some of the stress off of me, and give her something to smile about again.

Ella's POV

My body jolts violently, waking me up from my sleep and my eyes shoot open. My vision is still a bit blurry, but I can make out the back of a black chair, and the middle armrest of a car. Some hip hop song is playing faintly, but I can't seem to recognize it.

But I do recognize his voice.

"You like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain. Or rocking flannels all summer like Kurt Cobain." He goes along with the song, fluently keeping pace with the rhymes.

Zayn.

"Or that Dolce Gabbana with a few gold chains. And you the type of girl that probably deserve a new last name." He sighs heavily as he says the last line, and drums against the steering wheel while the song continues.

I choose now to be the perfect opportunity to act like I just woke up, making him think I didn't hear him at all. Terribly, I rub my eyes and groan out loud. "Where am I?"

"Oh, she's awake." He glanced through the rear view mirror at me as I sit up straight, and shake my hair off my face.

"I don't understand. How'd I get here?" That part is true. I actually don't remember how I got here in the first place. All I can remember is visiting Ashley, and crying until I couldn't anymore.

"I found you passed out at the cemetery. Worried me for a second, until I realized you're the type that would fall asleep next to over a thousand graves." He chuckles, and I see his eyes squint in the mirror, creating the cutest wrinkles beside them.

"Hold on." I adjust my coat, and begin to climb into the front seat.

"What the hell are you do-Ella, stop."

"No, I want to be up here!" I manage to get the upper half of my body past the seats, but my hips being to big, make me stuck between the backseat and front. Partially shoving my ass in his face.

"You know, usually I'm down for this kind of thing. But while I'm driving? Please keep your ass out of my face." He smacks it quickly, making me shriek in surprise.

"Ah, so she laughs now?" He lets out a light laugh as well, turning his attention back to the road while I finally sit in the seat properly.

"I can't laugh?" The sound of his laughter only makes me smile more, and I can't help but turn away in embarrassment.

"No, please do actually. I missed that sound so much. Also," he reaches over, and turns my face to him with his index finger. "Don't be afraid to smile in front of me. I missed that too."

The rims of his eyes look puffy, as if he was crying at some point, and the colors are bright and glossy in the daylight. The hazel eyes I once thought were just simply part of a pretty face, I know now like the back of my hand and can read them blindfolded.

I smile wide just for him, and he smirks adorably. I'm sure he can see the flushed pink tint on my cheeks, but I don't care. For the first time today, I'm smiling and I feel a hint of happiness returning the more time I spend with Zayn.

Out of no where, I lean over and grab his face, pressing it roughly against my lips to leave a kiss on his scruffy cheek.

"Hey, I'm driving!" He attempts to pull away, but anyone could tell it was half ass and he had no intention of detaching from my kiss. "You're a distraction to me."

"A lovely distraction." He nods in agreement, and turns his attention back to the song, catching up with the rhymes.

"And told her even though I met you in a club in a tight dress." He grabs my face in his hand, squeezing my cheeks, and looks me in the eyes. "At first sight I can picture you in a white dress."

The thought of me in a white dress, walking down the aisle, with him waiting for me, sets about a million butterflies free in my stomach. I turn away, smiling and swatting his hand off my face, but I feel his eyes kept on me.

"30 foot train, diamond from Lorraine
Just to make up for all the years and the pain."

"I don't like trains." I poke my tongue out at him playfully to cover the immense amount of nerves running wild in my body.

"Yeah well, I don't like weddings. But you're my exception." He shrugs, and smiles like the beautiful man he knows very well that he is, returning his eyes to the road.

"You'd marry me?" I ask, completely shocked at his hint of the idea of marriage.

"Oh look, we're here." He makes a sharp turn into the parking lot in front of Hyde Park.

"Why are we here?" I go along with him, completely changing the subject.

"Because, Ella, I can't watch you cry anymore. Sure, the weather is shitty beyond belief, but we need to be outside, enjoying each others company. You lost your best friend recently, and you need to know that you won't lose me too."

I take a deep breath, pondering on his words for a few minutes, before opening the car door and hopping out in silence.

"Where are you-"

I walk up to him, and snatch the black beanie off his head while he stares at me in confusion.

"Catch me if you can." I take off running into the park, and I hear him call my name and slam the car door behind him.

All I can do is run. I don't care about the wind burn I get in my chest, because my entire body is covered in warm sleeves, coats and scarves. Now, also his very own beanie to keep my head warm.

I also don't care because this is all I've needed to do for the past few days. Get out, and breathe fresh air instead of sulking in the dark, somber air of Zayns flat. Not his fault though. Before Ashley's death, I didn't have a problem spending all day with him in his bed, even all night. But now, his gray walls make it even harder to stay positive when it's thirty degrees outside and just plain depressing.

I've needed this burning feeling in my chest, to remind me I'm alive and well. I have a boyfriend that loves me, is in love with me, and is willing to be my family for the rest of his life. I have many reasons to be sad, but one important reason to be happy.

And that's Zayn.

"Might want to run faster babe, because once I catch you, you're going to pee as I tickle you relentlessly!" He shouts behind me, and I can hear his footsteps gaining on me.

I shriek in surprise but make a sudden turn towards the giant board of Chess, running through the life size pieces.

"You think this shit can save you Ms.Rivers?" He laughs out loud, leaning against what's called the King.

"For now, yeah."

"I'll admit you look adorable in my hat. But do you see this hair?" He points at his own head, and I have to restrain myself from laughing at his messy hair. "This isn't adorable."

"I'd beg to differ love. I think it's cute to say the least." He takes a step onto the board, squirming through the giant game pieces and stops halfway across.

"You've never been good at lying." He takes another step, across the empty space, and smiles wickedly at me, flashing all his teeth and leaving a hint of his tongue pressed behind them.

"Yeah well, neither have you."

The wind blows against the back of my head, and against his face, viciously blowing his hair back and brushing it off his face.

"I'm pretty good actually."

"So you were lying then?"

Move your feet Ella.

"About what babe?" He smirks, finally standing right in front of me, slightly above on top of the board.

"About being in love with me. About me being an exception to your hatred for marriage." I bite my bottom lip nervously, and swiftly lick it to moisturize the chapped skin.

He takes a step down from the board, so that our chest are barely inches apart. Finally, he reaches for his hat and removes it from my head, placing it back over his and tucking any stray hairs back underneath it.

"That wasn't a lie. I've never meant anything more actually." He brushes his thumb against my cheek, but I'm so numb from the cold I can barely feel it.

"Now, about that tickling?"

I back away quickly, practically stumbling over my own two feet trying to create a distance between us, but fail miserably. Zayn snatches me back to him from behind, and tickles my waist to no end, causing tears to well up in my eyes from laughter. He kisses my neck teasingly, and continues as he tickles even faster.

"Stop! Oh my god, Zayn stop." I'm laughing so hard I can't control it anymore, nor can I fight it. My body gives out and I stop fighting as we both plummet onto the wet grass, me laughing until I can't breathe.

"Babe!" I shout at him, and finally free myself, gasping for air as I crawl away.
"I hate you, gosh."

"You love me, and you know it." He lies next to me, as we both gaze up at the gloomy clouds above.

"And you're in love with me?" I ask, one last time. I notice his posture change, along with his facial expression , transitioning into a much more serious position.

" I am, yeah." He sighs, blowing a big puff of white air from his lips. "The way you laugh, can make my entire day just once. The way you look at me, past all the tattoos, and the way I treat others beside you, with such love in your eyes can make me feel like there's hope. Hope that I can actually be a better person, for you. I didn't realize it until maybe last month. And I didn't mention it because I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same. But Ella?"

He turns his face to me, and I lock eyes with him. "I am completely, truly, madly, deeply in love with you."

I spy several references in this chapter. :O In case you're wondering, the song Zayn was singing is White Dress by Kanye West.

But yayyyyyy, a cute ending unlike the last few chapters xD I'm going to pre write a lot of chapters tonight, so that way I can update like nobody's business lol- xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 33 15
When her parents were killed in a tragic car accident, 16 year old Aria and 8 year old brother Thomas were forced to live with their grandparents in...
211 1 11
Niall was a troubled kid from Ireland. His mother couldn't stand him any longer so she sent him to a school in London. He got paired up with 4 buddie...
35.1K 510 43
18 year old Alexis Davidson lived a normal, boring life in a small town in Ohio. Instead of going straight to college, Alexis decides to take a year...
1.1K 18 13
Meet Harry Styles. A 17 year old who doesn't talk to anyone. All he does is sit at home and study; nothing more. Unlike the rest of the people in Har...