That Gilbert Girl

By VampiresAdoreMe

My name is Gemma Gilbert, or as many like to call me, GG. Don't get me wrong, I love my name, but the only re... More

That Gilbert Girl
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 part 1
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 17 part 2

4.1K 100 2
By VampiresAdoreMe

"So, what's the plan?" I ask staring at him.

He stared at me and shook his head. "What? You just didn't expect me to barge in and make a meal out of them, right?"

He said nothing, and I spurted with laughter.

"What a mediocre plan!"

"Well, maybe it didn't sound like such an awful think-tank plan at first," Nik said as he stood from the small sofa.

I hummed, and shook my head. I took the liberty to finally look at the mansion itself. It was extremely beautiful. Has not been as decorated as I expected a large house to be, nonetheless, an appearance could be meaningless if its host is unapproachable.

"You should make your home more...well that. Make it feel more like home," I explained.

"I don't have time to decorate my walls in pink and blue, I've got time only for sufficiency, and ideas."

"Please, you're like a raccoon in search of its next meal. You feed off people's belief like a leech!"

He mutters an, "I understand," and I smile. If we're going to form a plan, we had to get that out of the way, plus I had been explained all of the horrible things he had previously done. Most of those things were against my friends, and even against his own brother. I don't know if Elijah and I are an item, but I do know one thing, my feelings are strong.

"Well then, are you ready to continue with our plans?"

I nod. "Just tell me what to do."

He tossed me a small glass valve, and I stare at it in confuse. What in the hell is this?

"It's vervain. It prevents you from being compelled," he explains.

I stared at him in astonishment. "Do you not know I'm dead?"

"Yes, but I can also compel, did my brother not explain to you?" he asks walking closer.

"I don't...I don't think so."

He smiled, not a peaceful smile, but more of an, I'm glad you found out from me, smile. He told me to drink it, so I did so, and instantly regretted it, but didn't spit it out. It burned, so much! I saw him start to make his way over to the door, and I called out to him in my hurt voice, "where are you going?"

"We've got to go meet our new friends, don't you think?" he asked.

I laughed and smiled. "Let's be on our way, then, Gemma."

An awkward car ride later.

"Can they hear us coming?" I asked as we walked through the woods.

"I'll smell them before they hear or do the same as myself. I have stronger senses," Nik replied.

I hummed in response, and we continued our walk through the woods. We were deep within the forest, practically a no mans land. Anyone could easily get lost here, including myself if I didn't have a good sense of direction.

Suddenly, Nik stopped walking, and I did the same. They're up ahead. They can not smell me yet, but they will smell you within seconds.

"I suggest you walk up to them, you can tell them you barely transformed, love. Just say you need help, and I'll surprise them. See you in a fragment."

He quickly left and I stood there shocked. I had to play the whole new vampire thing.

I walked towards where Nik directed me to, and was instantly pinned against a tree. "Who are you?"

I had to play weak, which I was. "I-I can't breath!"

She let go of me, and I got thrown to the floor. I could see their feet surrounding me, I just hoped they would kill me right there.

"I-I don't know what's w-wrong with me," I stuttered scared.

"What do you mean?" a masculine voice asked.

I 'caught' my breath, and stood up carefully. I knew none of them, but I could instantly smell their scent. "I was at a party-" I stopped and met their gaze. "-someone was touching me, feeding me something, then...then I felt them bite me. I woke up here in the woods."

Now to come up with how I transformed. "I saw a girl in the woods, I knew her. I couldn't resist it, and tasted her blood once I knocked her unconscious. I need help!"

"What do you need?"

I looked down, and felt my eyes transform, and my fangs make their way out. I smiled as I looked up. I saw their confused faces, and I said. "I'm hungry."

I instantly bit down on the girl's neck, and didn't let go until she was drained. I could feel them tugging at me, but I wouldn't budge. She fell from my grasp, and I turned to stare at the group.

"What the hell are you?"

"I'm a vampire," I responded. "But let's just say I don't crave human blood."

"Which is why we will be using her as our secret weapon for today."

Their heads spun to the source of the voice, and I smiled widely at Elijah. He had come back. But he wasn't alone. Rebekah, Nik, and Kol-whom I had met with a picture-werestanding aside him, waiting for an action.

"What do you want from us?" another girl of the pack asked.

Nik smiled, and stepped forward. "Make a deal. You tell us how, and who, you broke the sire with, and we'll let you leave alive. If you don't, then expect to be dead in the next 10 seconds."

They shook their heads, and I grabbed the guy who was next to me, tilt his head quickly, and bit into it. They had chosen the latter. Their pains of agony muffled my ears, but just made me more angry and hungry.

I drained the guy, as the next one, and the one after that. It was like a cycle. They attacked me, but luckily didn't bite, or cause any damage that didn't heal.

Within minutes they were all dead, some with their heads off, and some drained by myself. "Impressive, Nik. I didn't think you were telling the truth when you said there was a vampire blood craving vampire you knew," Kol stated.

"Why would I lie?"

I scoffed and walked towards Kol. "Nice to meet you. I'm Gemma Gilbert."

He took my hand, and kissed the back of it. "Pleased to meet you, Kol Mikaelson."

I nodded, and took my hand off his. I turned to look at Elijah, and smiled. "You're back."

"I am, and I've got good news for you. I met someone who can rid your vampire craving side, but won't be able to arrive until tomorrow," he said.

I smiled, but internally I was yelling and crying. "Well thank you."

"I'll take Gemma home, the rest of you should clean up the mess. Wouldn't want some hikers to stumble upon our...friends here," Elijah spoke as he fixed his shirt cuffs.

At the Gilbert home

"Maybe you should come inside," I told Elijah as he parked the truck.

He stared intensely at me, and I almost blushed in embarrassment. I muttered a sorry, and was about to leave the car when he said, "I'd love to."

I smiled, but didn't turn around, and just nodded. I heard him laugh behind me, so I just exit the truck. It felt good to be back home. Yet again, I'd only been gone a few hours.

It was dark out, the sun was hardly out, basically nonexistent from my view. Certainly it had to be out somewhere.

We walked up to the door, and I opened it. Instantly I was engulfed in a hug. I hugged back, and patted Jer's back to let me go. "Okay, I got it."

"Dammit Gem, you had us worried sick!" he exclaimed.

I took hold of his face in my hands and I selected his face. His lips turned like that of a fish's. "What are you doing?" he asked in a smothered voice.

"You don't look sick to me," I spoke. He smacked my hand away, and I growled.

"This isn't funny! Klaus could've killed you!"

I heard Elijah cough behind me and step forward. "My brother wouldn't hurt her, despite his devious being."

Jer walked up to us, pushed me behind him, and said, "I don't want you to speak for my sister, you've got it?"

My eyes widened at his sudden behavior change. "Jer!"

"Okay, I've heard enough."

I turned to look at my kitchen entrance, and noticed Damon standing there.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you," he answered. "Elena told me to take you to the Grill after you came home."

"Did she look for me?" I asked hopefully.

Damon smirked and replied, "not even a wink. She said you knew your way home. So should we get going, or are you going to wait for lover boy there?" He pointed at Elijah, who was standing still at arms length of Jer.

"I...let me say Goodnight to him."

I quickly dragged him out of the house, and locked the door behind me. They could hear us, well Damon would probably hear us more, but still saved me from Jer's ears.

"I guess I'll be leaving now."

He walked down the porch stairs, but I followed. "Elijah, wait."

He stopped, and turned to me. I walked up to him, and wrapped my arms around him. I felt him tense, but soon his arms wrapped around myself as well, and I smiled into his chest.

Wen I looked up at him, his head leaned down a bit, which, by now, I knew meant a kiss. I lift my head up at little, and met his lips half way. Those butterflies were still there, that means my feelings for him were not gone.

He pulled away, and the tingling sensation in my lips suddenly took over. Kissable lips.

"Ill see you soon, Gemma."

He left, and I watched like a schoolgirl as he drove off.

My house door opened, and Damon said, "let's go, Elena will have my head if I don't take you soon."

I nodded, and followed him to his car. The whole drive there, my mind was focused on Elijah. It was obvious what I was feeling, I just didn't want to yet admit it. Hell, what if he decides to never want to have anything with me anymore. I'd die of a broken heart.

I was so deep in thought, that when Damon flicked me on my arm, I groaned. "Ow! I still feel pain you asshole."

"I know." You could practically hear the stupid on his voice.

We got out of the-damn fine-car, and made our way into the Mystic Grill. It was practically a hang out for all of us. It was a vampire hangout, well not everyone knew though. Elena smiled at me, as did I, and soon I was sitting just a foot away from her, and Damon had gone to the bar. Typical. Today's events rolled back into my head, and the memory of the feeding caught my attention. I was craving it again. I knew it. I was dazed out.

I could see their mouths moving, but I was too busy examining their necks to pay attention. If I could just get one tiny bite out of it...

"Gemma?"

I snapped out of my trance, and turned to Elena. "Yeah?"

"Um...Caroline asked if you wanted to come with us to the dance," she responded.

"What dance?" I asked confused.

"Prom?" Bonnie said surprised.

I shook my head. "No thanks. Um, I have to go now."

I stood up and walked away quickly. "What's wrong with her?" I heard Caroline ask.

"I don't know."

I was out the Grill quickly, and was instantly met by the cold wind. It didn't bother me much, but it just got all my hair in the way. Recently I had gone from cotton candy hair, to brown, the closest brown to my hair color. It suits me better.

My skateboard was no longer a no for me, as I put too much pressure on it when I rode it, which caused it to crack. I was now using Jer's truck, but he had taken it, so my feet were my sole companion.

"Please tell me you aren't walking alone."

I turned to Tyler and stared astonished at him. It's been literally a month since I last talked to him...well. I think. The memory was received a month ago, so maybe a little later.

"Hey."

"I haven't seen you," he responded as he walked near me.

"Yeah, well here I am."

His smile dropped. "I heard what happened to you." I gulped and nodded. "I guess word travels fast in a town of vampires."

"Pretty fast."

We stood there awkwardly. I didn't know what to say, so I turned around and started walking away. "Hey! Wait up."

I cursed in my mind, but stopped. "Let me walk with you."

I nodded, and he was instantly at my side. "Don't you just love this weather?"

"I can't feel coldness anymore, so I'd have to say no."

"...Right." He stayed silently for a while, but then said, "you saw the memory didn't you?"

I nodded. "I was furious. You compelled me...I didn't know how to feel at first, so I guess that was my first response."

I shrugged, and continued walking. I was still a little angry about that. Tyler and I had been stuck to the hip since we were small, now this happens? The bond is broken, and it will take a long time to fix itself.

"I'm sorry. But it was for the best," he said.

"Yeah."

We walked in silence. It felt nice. I guess I hadn't had company that won't nag at me. Or something in that matter. It's just...perfect. We were nearing my street, well some streets close to mine.

I heard a small swish sound, and turned to look at Tyler. He was no longer next to me. I did a whole 360 degree turn, but didn't see, nor hear, him.

"What the hell?"

"Are you lost?"

I frightened a little, but soon relaxed. I got a strange smell, and said, "werewolf."

"I'm guessing you're a vampire," the mystery stranger said. "Well I know you're a vampire."

I looked at him carefully. Elijah had warned me about this. Only a certain person could save my life if I got bit by a werewolf, and I wasn't interested.

"What happened? Originals got your tongue? Weren't you all cheery this morning?" he asked.

How the hell did he know?

"What do you want? Where's Tyler?"

"Don't worry about him. What I want is more important," he replied.

"How did you know I was-"

"Happy?" I nodded slightly. "You killed my friends. I was hiding. They old me they smelled vampire, so I fled, but I did catch when you drained them. What the hell are you?"

"A vampire." He shook his head with an angry laugh. "You and your little friends will pay for this. If you've got enough enemies already, then you just gained yourself another."

Deja Vu. I remember saying something of that matter to Elena.

I glared my eyes at him, and said, "as if you'd be allowed to do any damage to us."

"Physically you'd cure yourself, but emotionally, is a lot harder to fix. I mean, you did struggle with your parents death badly."

"What do you mean emotionally?" My anger diminished a bit, and my mind flooded with ideas, but not one thought did forget to cross my mind.

"I can't mess with your sister, can have the Salvatore's on my trail, but I'm sure your brother doesn't run the same luck."

I was now full of anger. How dare he even speak of my brother. My fists clenched at my sides, and I was about ready to jock his head right off his body.

I stopped myself though. "Shouldn't you be checking up on your brother?"

My eyes widened, and he walked away from me as if nothing had happened. I and instantly rushed back to the Mystic Grill. Many looked at me when I opened the door with force, but they were simply ignored as I made my way over to Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, and Damon.

"Gemma? Whats wrong?"

I felt tears come to my eyes, and I simply uttered out, "it's Jer."

__________

Gosh, I hate cliffhangers, but I also love them...

I like the new cover, it'll have more of that. I also like this chapters picture. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 3.8K 53
โ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. โž kate martin x fem! oc
292K 17.8K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
4K 115 10
What happens when Natalia is soulmates with two originals, that would do anything for her? What happens when they find out exactly who she is? Or how...
586K 20.5K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...