not just a pretty face [sasus...

Por saccharinskies

i fell in love with a person, not just their pretty face ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "Tell me why you love me." "You're beautiful... Mais

one
zero
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty one
thirty two
epilogue
a final note

thirty

1.1K 57 56
Por saccharinskies

S.H

The princess and the bad guy are never meant to be.

In shock, Sakura lowered her head after hearing Sasuke's harsh words, tears slowly making their way down her face.

We aren't mean to be.

She wasn't just sad, she was angry. Angry at who, she didn't know. Herself. Sasuke. Both of them. And what made that anger worse was the fact that paparazzi didn't care about her vulnerable state, taking advantage of that to capture some photos for magazines.

Sakura felt a hand on her shoulder, and Ino's voice yelled out, "All you paparazzi, get lost! Seriously, a woman is crying and you're just invading her privacy. Get your lift straightened out before you even consider coming within a kilometre radius with me."

All the paparazzi cleared out of the park quickly.

"Damn Ino, that was harsh," Tenten commented, offering Sakura some tissues, which the latter took and dabbled at her eyes. "Not wrong, though."

"We're all here for you, Sakura," Hinata's concerned face appeared as soon as Sakura looked up.

Temari, standing behind Hinata, nodded firmly. "What she said."

You've been ditching everyone for those French people.

There was a moment of silence as Sakura thought about Sasuke's words. She opened her mouth to ask if those four felt like that, but a shout interrupted her.

"Sakura!"

It was Camille and the others, rushing over to surround Sakura. Camille bit her lip, "Sasuke said some pretty rude things about you."

"I knew he was bad guy," Eloise shook her head, tutting in disapproval. "He never deserved you Sakura, a queen, an absolutely princess. You two were never meant to be."

Sakura felt sick to her stomach.

"Hey," Temari frowned. "You can't just say that, Eloise. Sakura's obviously sad about him."

"Get over it, then," Eloise shrugged. "He's a guy. Of course he's bad news."

Suddenly, Naruto and the other guys were there too. Naruto exclaimed angrily, "You can't just stereotype men like that. Sure, some men are bad news, but not all men, ya' know."

"Are you sure about that?" Eloise scoffed. "Didn't you just cheat on Hinata with Sakura that one time. You men make me sick."

"You can't just say that when you barely know Naruto and the others!" Hinata jumped in.

Maybe Sasuke was right about Eloise, thought Sakura. "Stop."

The argument stopped before more people could pipe in. It was quiet as all eyes went to Sakura.

"Eloise, that is an unreasonable statement," Sakura said. "And all of you, stop fighting."

Ino asked, "Would you like some alone time?"

Sakura smiled and nodded. "Yes please."

"Just remember," Ino hugged her. "We're with you."

The two groups left, leaving Sakura alone in the clearing.

More tears fell as the argument with Sasuke swirled in her head. Sakura had already apologized about not spending as much time with him. She had already provided her reason why she was spending more time with Eloise and Camille. It was up to him whether or not he accept those reasons or resent them.

And about Sasuke's trust, Sakura knows that she should've known that Sasuke's trust was destroyed. But after all their time at Izumi and Itachi's wedding and Paris, Sakura didn't believe for one second that Sasuke didn't trust her.

If Sasuke didn't trust her, then he wouldn't have been pursuing her like he was. He wouldn't have been arguing so much against his father. It was just Eloise who undermined that trust for a second. She knew that she would have to have a talk with Eloise after this whole situation.

Drying her eyes, Sakura checked the time on her phone. It had only been ten minutes since the argument, but she already felt better. She had started to overcome this argument, and she knew that Sasuke would do the same because she trusted him.

This must've been what Fugaku meant when he said that there will be problems in this relationships. It was up to them to overcome them together.

Sakura clenched her fists determinedly, knowing that they will overcome it. Even if they supposedly 'weren't meant to be', she was prepared to change that. She could only hope that Sasuke wanted to change that too.

Concocting a plan in her mind, Sakura stood up and was about to shoot a text to Ino letting the blonde know that she was looking for Sasuke when she felt an unpleasant, familiar hand grab her shoulder.

By instinct, she backed away, slapping Kiba's rough hand away. "Y-You!"

"So, we meet again," Kiba leaned against a tree trunk, smirking. "Relax, Sakura. I'm not here to harm you. I just want a friendly talk."

"As if," Sakura rolled her eyes. She scanned her surroundings. Nobody was there. Not even one paparazzi had stayed, thanks to Ino. She began to regret asking her friends to go away. 

She could run, but how far would she get before Kiba outruns her? Not to mention the heels she was wearing. Sakura could call Ino, but for all she knows, Ino might've gone home already. And then Ino would have to drive to this area, and by the time she arrives at the clearing, Kiba would've already hurt Sakura.

Sakura sighed, sitting back down on the bench and deciding to fight on her own if it got to that. "What do you want?"

"Nothing much," Kiba shrugged, but Sakura knew that that was a big lie. "Just heard that you and Sasuke had your first fight."

"Okay, and?" Sakura crossed her arms. "I've already started to fix things. Don't ruin it."

Kiba sighed. "I just wanted to say that maybe you and Sasuke weren't meant to be."

"Just because we had one little fight?" scoffed Sakura. "Get over it. Any normal couple would have fights."

"But you guys aren't normal," Kiba said. "You're celebrities. Sasuke's the son of a massive legacy."

"So, you expect our relationship to be all sparkles and rainbows?"

"No, I expect your relationship to be non-existent."

It was silent as Sakura frowned on that sentence.

Maybe we weren't meant to be.

She shook those thoughts off. "Well too bad, because it's existing right now."

"Just hear me out, Sakura," sighed Kiba exasperatedly. "You and Sasuke came from opposite worlds. You've already broke up once in the past. Who's to say it won't happen again?"

"I say it won't happen again," Sakura glared at him. "And that's final."

"Why do you even like him?" Kiba said in a disgusted tone. 

"Why do you need to know?" Sakura was getting angrier by the minute. "I don't need to explain my choices to you. This is stupid. I'm leaving."

Sending the text to Ino, Sakura left the park, making sure to roughly brush against Kiba's shoulder before leaving.

-----------------------

S.U 

It was late in the evening, and the street lights had already flickered to life, illuminating the centre of New York.

Ever since the argument with Sakura, Sasuke had been aimlessly meandering around the busting streets, lost, hands shoved into pockets and a moody expression on his face. 

"Hey, Sasuke Uchiha, right?" a random passerby asked, her brown eyes alight with curiosity. Instantly, she whipped out a camera and a notepad from nowhere. "I was wondering if you could answer some questions. It was reported that your had an public argument with your girlfriend Sakura Haruno. Do you intend to make up or break up?"

"Look," he said tiredly. "I don't really know."

"Is it true that those feminists from France were involved?"

"Not all, but one specific snake, yeah."

"Is this the first argument you've had with Sakura?"

"In this relationship, yeah."

At this point it was turning into a full scale interview. Sasuke usually hated attention and questions from paparazzi, but he was too tired and too empty to push this reporter away.

"So, what's the reason behind the argument? It must be pretty big, considering you're thinking of breaking up over one fight you've had."

"She was ignoring me," Sasuke said, but as he said it aloud he realized how stupid it was. Sakura had already apologized for that. He could just accept that, apologize for what he said and then take Sakura back.

Because when he implied that they were never meant to be together, he knew it would only be true if they stopped fighting. It was only because they fought in they first place that they were able to be together. 

And he wanted to be together with her. Despite the argument and her initial ignorance, Sasuke wanted to be dating Sakura. And that wouldn't happen unless they talked through things together. Which isn't happening right now because Sasuke's off wandering around the streets of New York.

He felt a rush of energy. "Look, I have to go now."

"To make things right?" the reporter smiled. "I thought so. And don't worry, I won't publish the answers from the questions."

"Thank you," Sasuke nodded before hurrying off. He didn't know where he was going, but he didn't care because he couldn't bear to be still anymore. 

An idea popped into his head, and he dialed a number before pressing the phone against his ear.

"Hello," Ino's voice called out. "Sasuke?"

"Where-"

"Is Sakura right now?" Ino finished his sentence before sighing. "I don't know."

Sasuke's brow furrowed. "What do you mean you don't know? Isn't she at the apartment with you?"

"No, she left Central Park to go look for you," Ino replied worriedly. "I thought by now she would've found you. How far did you wander off?"

"I don't know," Sasuke glanced around himself for any familiar street signs, but there were none. "I'm lost. Look, I'll just catch a taxi to the apartment. Sakura has common sense, she'll do the same."

"Alright," Ino replied. Before Sasuke could hang up, she interrupted. "And, Sasuke. One more thing. Are you...are you going to break up with Sakura?"

"Of course not," Sasuke said firmly. "Our relationship is stronger than this. We're not going to break up because of one argument."

Ino sighed relief. "Good, because Sakura would be destroyed. I hope you realize how much influence your actions have to Sakura. Well, I'll see you later."

"See you," Sasuke said before hanging up. Raising his hand, a yellow cab swerved in to pick him up. Sasuke walked in to the car, Ino's words echoing in his mind.

Sakura would be destroyed. 

He regretted implying that they were never meant to be even more now. He regretted even more saying that he didn't trust her.

It was something he said in the heat of the moment. Sasuke hoped she knew that. He hoped that flashbacks from their high school wasn't coming back to haunt her and destroy her from the inside.

"Sir, that'll be forty three bucks," the driver said gruffly, out stretching his hand. Sasuke blinked, realizing that he had zoned off and they had arrived at the apartment. 

"Alright," he nodded, handing over the money before exiting the car. In an instant the yellow vehicle sped off into the distance, but Sasuke wasn't paying attention to that.

A masculine figure with a dog was standing in the doorway, drinking Coke in the street light. Sasuke frowned. "Kiba?"

"Yo," Kiba flashed a toothy grin before chucking the empty Coke can into a nearby bin.

"What're you doing here?" Sasuke demanded.

Kiba chuckled. "Um, I live here?"

"I think you live in a dorm, not on the doorway," Sasuke said coldly.

"Got sick of my dorm mates," shrugged Kiba, walking to Sasuke and slinging an arm around Sasuke's body. "Besides, I want to talk to you."

------------------------

word count: 1927

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

81.3K 2.6K 37
highest rankings: #1 on sasukexsakura, #1 on sasusakufanfiction & #3 on nejiten Sakura Haruno comes back to her beloved home, Konoha, after moving on...
812K 27.1K 49
❝𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, 𝙎𝙖𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙚-𝙠𝙪𝙣.❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sakura to take her on a journey of their o...
80.3K 1.9K 29
One person needed courage to face the past. Another person needed effort to make a dream come true... It's been a few years after the great shinobi...
204K 7.4K 79
Tomoe and Nanami have been friends for years, They have shared their lives with each other, never doubting one another. What happens when their relat...