Reckless || Harry Styles AU

By narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... More

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

5: happy days

66.6K 1.9K 628
By narryhugme

Someone be the first to comment and vote! :)

Jessica

"Everybody, sing it!"

I point the microphone towards the massive audience of about 6,000. The band stopped playing.

"You got that long hair, slicked back, white tee shirt," they sang back.

"And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt."

It's unbelievable how fast they've picked up on the lyrics. I smiled hard and blew kisses to the crowd.

"Take me home, just take me home. Just take me home," I sang the note for as long as I could and the crowd went nuts. The band starts up again.

"Oh, you got that James Dean daydream look in your eyes, and I got that red lip classic thing that you like, and when we go crashing down, we come back every time."

"Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style!"

Streamers shot into the air and I did an ending bow while the crowd went berserk again.

A man from the news team comes on stage. "Jessica Steele everyone!"

"Thank you guys so much for coming out! I love you all dearly," I tell them. Two stools appeared on the edge of the platform and the guys disappeared backstage.

"Now, Jessica..." The man started as I took a seat beside him. "That was your new single, Style, from your new album, 11:59, yes?"

"Yup!" I looked across the audience and read several of the posters.

"Tell us how you've come to write all these songs on the album."

"Well, from the past year, I've had tons of inspiration from everyone around me. And '11:59' just gives a message that there's still time for everything and that the day, or night, isn't over."

"Jessica!" Someone from the crowd shouted. I smiled and waved in their area.

"You've had a massive turn out today, haven't you!"

Screams and shouts were returned from the crowd and I wanted to cry. How did I ever get here?

"I can't believe it myself."

I'm given one final salute before I am rushed back off stage to change. The dancers and band all give me a hug, telling me how great I did. We were all huddled behind the stage, getting de'mic'ed.

"Aw, thanks. I still couldn't have done it without you all." I used James' shoulder to steady myself as I take off my heels. I hadn't seen Harry, Caroline, Robbie, Jane, or Meredith anywhere yet, but I assume they're somewhere around here.

"Where's Robbie?" James asked, coming from behind me. I shrug and look over his shoulder, still seeing no sign of him.

"Not sure."

"I'll walk you to your trailer," he offered, holding out his arm. I gratefully took it. James was very tall, 6'1" maybe, and had blonde hair a beautiful hazel eyes. They didn't seem to outdo Harry's, though. James was probably the person I was closest to, behind Harold, of course.

"Did I mention how incredible you did?" James flattered. I roll my eyes and look down. "Yeah, you did, and thank you very much. You did amazing as well."

James moved his arm to my waist and I suddenly became a bit uncomfortable. I suppose it was because there were a lot of fans behind barricades that were screaming.

"James, I'm going to go over there real quick," I said and began walking to the fans. His hand snapped out and grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"You should wait for Robbie," he said, eyebrows furrowed.

"James, it's fine. I do this all the time."

"Yeah, but with Robbie. Let's just go to your trailer. It's right here."

I agree and as soon as he turns to walk to the trailer, I go the opposite way and run to the fans. They get louder and push more against the barricades. The security keeps them back a bit and tells them to calm down or I won't be able to get through them all.

I hear James call my name and come up from behind me. He doesn't try to pull me away though. I already began signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone.

After I got through most of them, the security said I should go, and that the fans were getting a little out of control. I turned around and saw Harry talking with James.

"I told you to bring her to the trailer," Harry groaned.

"I tried! But then she disappeared over here," James defended himself. I reach them and cross my arms. Harry looks at me and narrows his eyes at me.

"Yes, but if you haven't figured it out, Jessica never seems to listen. Ever."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, I'm going to go change."

I skip into the trailer, past Jane, Caroline, and Meredith talking at the table, and change into my other outfit.

"We have about a half hour to spare before we have to leave to the airport," Jane told me. I huff and nod, then slump onto the couch. We were flying to Brazil next for promo. I start scrolling through Twitter and see the picture Harry posted of he and I from a few hours earlier.

'harrystyles: Lots of love to this girl right here! GMB is massive! xx'

Aw, I love him.

My heart beats erratically when I start looking through my twitter feed and the hashtag: '#style'.

'@daydreamjess: OMG #STYLE IS SO GOOD IM SJDJKSNABDHEJWK'

'@lilxcjxsss: I cannot stop dancing to #Style omg if you went you GMB, you're so lucky.'

'@justjarry: #STYLE IS ABOTU HARRY OMFG I JNEW IT'

'@seasidejess: "You got that long hair, slicked back, white tee shirt" HARRRY #Style'

They love it! My heart swirls with happiness and content. It's the best feeling when you know you've pleased your fans with any single that's let out. I felt like I could breathe a little better now.

The door opened and a muttering, swearing Harry walks in. He sat down next to Mere and Lucy, running his hand through his hair.

"Where's Robbie?" I ask them. I noticed he wasn't in the trailer either.

"He offered to get us food before our shuttle bus gets here," Jane answered.

"Jess decided to go say hi to fans without any kind of security, too," Harry interjected, clearly frustrated. Can guys get their period too?

"Jess," Jane groaned and set down her phone. I sit up on the couch and rest my head on my knees. I knew I was going to get another lecture about my "safety", but why the hell do they think my fans would cause any harm? They're people!

"I know you believe they can't hurt you, but it's the ones that aren't fans that will. Or the paps."

"I'm not that famous," I say honestly.

"Uh, yeah you are," Harry scoffs. "You're releasing a second album in a week, and over 6,000 people showed up to a show in the park! Imagine concerts, Jessy. There haven't even been released tour dates!"

I roll over on the couch and close my eyes. I was exhausted and didn't feel like talking anymore.

Next thing I know, someone is shaking me awake, saying that the bus is here to take us to the airport.

"M'tired," I moan and lean against Harry as he helps me up.

"I know, Jessy. You can sleep on the jet." We load on the bus and reach the airport in no time. As soon as I got out of the bus, people and cameras bombarded me.

I tried smiling for the fans who were trying to take selfies with me, but there was still a lot of pushing involved. Robbie was on my right and Harry on my left, both guiding me inside. One pap followed us until we hit security.

"Hi, Jessica," he said, camera trained on me.

I gave a half smile. "Hey, how are you?"

"Great, hey you look beautiful today!"

For some reason I felt a little disgusted when he said that. It was as if I was just a thing and not a person. Like I was some monkey he was talking to.

Harry grabbed my hand and squeezed it, probably begging me to stop talking.

I muttered a quick thanks and we walked a little faster, but still the guy was right there.

"Happy holidays, Jess."

Wow, can he be any more blunt?

"Thank you, you too," I respond politely. Finally we are at security and a man tells the pap to put his camera down and to leave.

The six of us, plus Lucy, got through without any issues and got to the boarding area for private jets. I'd never been on one before.

A lady escorted us to the jet and we all got in and settled. It was very nice with a couch, table, then leather seats.

I instantly went to the couch, but was informed we all needed to buckle up in our seats for take off.

I sat next to Harry and he gave me a soft smile.

"You have a photoshoot scheduled for 12 in the afternoon. You'll have a few hours to sleep and get settled in when we get to Brazil," Jane said from the seat behind me.

I nod, half asleep, so when we land, I probably won't remember what she just said.

"Then, interviews will start right after, and after that, a performance on Brazilians Got Talent."

My eyes are shut and I lean my head onto Harry's shoulder, falling into a deep sleep.

_ _

"Meredith, could you get Harry for me? I'm sure he has his headphones on," Jane asked from the table. She had been working on finalization for the tour dates. Harry helped her organize the order in which they would happen.

Mere got up from the couch where she was playing with Lucy and looked over to the seats. Jess was curled up next to Harry, and Harry had his head on top of her's. Meredith smiled at the sight of them.

They were both so in love with each other, but both equally as stubborn. The way Harry looked at her from across the room or at a red carpet. The way Jess looked at him during rehearsals or just walking around backstage. Neither seemed to really keep their hands off each other.

But Jess wasn't ready to have a boyfriend. She's talked to Mere about it several times how her career was just starting and how she was sure the management would put her on PR dates soon.

"He's sleeping," Meredith says.

Jane shook her head with a small smile on her face. "Those two, I swear."

"Lucy, why don't we go nite-nite, yeah?" Mere picked up Lucy and brought her to the opposite couch with a few pillows and blanket set up. She tucked her in, then sat with Caroline again.

"Do you think Jess is going to do PR dates any time soon?" Meredith asked.

Jane grimaced. "Probably. I wish she didn't have to, though."

"Poor, Harold," Caroline said. She said it as a joke, but it was the truth as well. He loved that girl and though the PR is fake, it'd break his heart to see her with someone else.

"Poor Harold, what?" Harry rose from the dead behind the seats.

"Nothing," Jane quickly recovered with a smile on her face. She watched him stick a pillow where his shoulder was, so that the sleeping Jess would still be comfortable. He kissed her forehead then went over and made some tea.

"How long until we land?" Harry asked. He went and sat with the women.

"Seven hours."

He groaned and took a sip of tea. "You're kidding me."

Harry's head snapped over to Jess when he heard shuffling. She stretched and walked over to sit next to the sleeping Lucy.

"Good morning," she said. Harry smiled.

"It's night time, Jessy."

She scoffed.

"Jess, I just added another photoshoot for a Brazilian Magazine. They've been contacting me for a while now," Jane informed. Jess just nodded, then took out her phone and went on Instagram.

She snuck behind Harry and put the camera in their faces. Being Harry, he immediately made a Harry face, then laughed after she took it.

"What was that for?"

"It's for Brazil, of course," Jess responded lightly, creating a caption.

'jessicasteele: Tired fellows. Wake us up, Brazil!!! We're coming :)))'
__________
Brazil is definitely going to be a fun time for Jess and Harry..!!

Comment & Vote if you like it!!! Check out the Harry and Jess picture up top! Have the best Holidays, everyone!

Twitter: @wtvrharold

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 2.1K 200
Min Lisa had been foolish in her past life. She aborted the child she had with her husband just so she could return to her first boyfriend, Wonwoo. Y...
329K 23.4K 55
- THE UNEXPECTED SERIES : LAST BOOK - Winning against Bina was the only reason why Daeun entered medical school. She was tired of seeing her mother b...
1.3M 36.2K 70
"Love, like rain, can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy. But sometimes under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface...
744K 29.1K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...