Let Me Chase You (Completed)

Von anazianblonde

Wang Yibo is a celebrity known for his dancing skills and involvement in the motorcycle racing world. Xiao Zh... Mehr

Chapter 1: Comatose
Chapter 2: I'm Your Doctor
Chapter 3: A Little Attraction
Chapter 4: F4
Chapter 5: The Fear of Loving
Chapter 6: The First Separation
Chapter 7: The First Text Message
Chapter 8: The People Around YiZhan
Chapter10: Check-up...or Reunion?
Chapter 11: Family Dinner
Chapter 12: "Thank You Dinner"...Date
Chapter 13: Investigation Part I - Who is He/She
Chapter 14: Part II Investigation: Who is He/She
Chapter 15: Breaking the Ice
Chapter 16: Let the Chase Begin!
Chapter 17: Home-cooked Meal
Chapter 18: School Festival - Part I
Chapter 19: School Festival - Part II
Chapter 20: School Festival - Part III
Chapter 21: School Festival Part IV
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: The Parents
Chapter 24: Different Worlds
Chapter 25: Unspoken Words
Chapter 26: The Final Push
Chapter 27: This Can't Happen Again
Chapter 28: Anger
Chapter 29: Just a Coward
Chapter 30: Spoiled by People Who Loves You
Chapter 31: Contemplation
Chapter 32: Ski Resort
Chapter 33: Hi
Chapter 34: I Caught You
An Author's Reflection

Chapter 9: Cheng Xiao's Suspicion

8.9K 648 112
Von anazianblonde

Time was passing by slowly as hours turned to days; days turned into weeks. Xiao Zhan and Yibo's text messages had increased in both content and time frame. There were even instances of phone calls, chit-chatting about any topics that popped into their heads at the moment. While the two men were encased in their bubble, still not realizing where this was leading them; their close family and friends watched happily on the sideline as the story unfolds.

Yibo was slowly reintegrating himself back into his work and Ji Li reclaimed one of his roles as Yibo's chauffeur. Yibo would visit the studio a few times a week to discuss his projects with other staff and slowly regained his dancing skills. On one such occasion, Cheng Xiao joined Yibo since they have a variety show appearance together at the end of the week. They usually performed a couple's dance routine since the YiXiao fans would skyrocket the rating for those episodes.

"Gege, you seem to have fully recovered. I can hardly tell that you were injured," Cheng Xiao commented. Yibo was the best dancer in the whole company so even when he was injured, his movements would simply lower to normal people's level. Cheng Xiao knew this long ago so her words were expressing her happiness that Yibo was recovering well.

Yibo smiled and nodded his head.

"Gege, you also seemed happier than before." For someone who grew up with Yibo, Cheng Xiao can differentiate the minute changes in Yibo's expressions. Today, Cheng Xiao noticed that Yibo's demeanor was warmer, more approachable. His smiles were occurring more often, lasting longer, and seemed to reach his eyes at times. Cheng Xiao couldn't possibly imagine anything or anyone to cause this change in her Yibo. Though she was grateful to see such expressions on him, she couldn't help but felt discomfort in her chest since the reason wasn't her.

Yibo was, of course, oblivious to his own changes so Cheng Xiao's words made him reflect on these past few weeks. When the image of a certain doctor kept appearing in those memories, he was slightly surprised but was more pleased to see such images. Still not realizing what it meant, Yibo simply refocused his mind back into the dance practice.

Cheng Xiao was watching Yibo on the sideline and became more intrigued when she noticed that Yibo seemed to realized something. As per usual, Yibo doesn't say anything to her so she could only return her focus back to their practice as well.

Once their practice ended, Cheng Xiao wanted to resume their conversation but Ji Li walked into the dance room. Cheng Xiao exited the room and Ji Li proceeded to inform Yibo of his schedule for the following week.

"Next Monday is your one-month follow-up." Yibo was wiping off his sweat when this reminder caught his full attention. At the same time, Yibo's phone vibrated for an incoming text message.

[Zhange: Reminder that you have a check-up next Monday at 3 P.M]

After a few weeks of messaging each other, Yibo had the urge to change Xiao Zhan's name in his contact to 'Zhange'.

[YB: Thanks Zhan-ge! I totally forgot about it]

"Yibo, did you hear me," Ji Li questioned when he didn't hear a confirmation. When he looked up, he noticed a smiling Yibo looking at his phone. Hmm, interesting...I bet my money that the other party is a certain doctor.

Poor Ji Li who was completely ignored and would have felt worse if he saw Yibo's reply. This kid just deliberately turned him into a useless manager who couldn't even remind his client of their doctor's appointment!

~~~~~

The variety-show that Yibo and Cheng Xiao have to attend focuses on various fields of artistry such as food decoration, costume designs, or music production. In today's episode, the theme was 'home-made lunch boxes'. There was a recent trend from Japan in which parents create colorful lunch boxes to encourage their children to eat a variety of food. Of course, this also appealed to adults which can be seen from various online posts about people's own creations.

During the recording, one of the guests mentioned how he first fell in love when his girlfriend shared her lunch boxes with him out of pity because he couldn't afford school meals for a period. Once he gained a good-earning salary, he decided to repay the debt as well as chase after her by making her lunch boxes.

"They do say, 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach'," host A commented.

Seeing Cheng Xiao nodded in agreement, host B saw a good chance. "Cheng Xiao, have you made Yibo lunch boxes before?" Most people already know that Yibo and Cheng Xiao grew up together. The hosts definitely knew about the YiXiao shippers and saw this as an eye candy moment for the fans.

Cheng Xiao's face flushed, shying away from answering because she did attempt to give Yibo lunchboxes during primary years. However, either she failed to cook the food properly or Yibo turned her away with an oblivious 'It's alright, I have enough food'.

Yibo noticed Cheng Xiao's silenced so he decided to answer for her. "She did."

Cheng Xiao heard Yibo and was surprised, not because he spoke up but because he remembered! She assumed those were insignificant events so Yibo wouldn't care enough to remember. This made her felt very delighted...until the next set of questions and answers.

"Ooo, how did it taste? Did it warm your heart?"

"No, I didn't eat them because I already had my own food."

Black lines appeared on the hosts' faces but quickly disappeared because they were professionals and everyone was used to Yibo's way of ending a good moment. This guy wouldn't know romance if it runs him over.

Once the shooting ended, Yibo, Cheng Xiao and their managers were heading to the parking lot together. Cheng Xiao clasps onto such private moments like a lucky charm and does her best to create more memories between her and Yibo. She would discuss various moments from the show, expressing how silly or interesting they were. She even brought up the topic of how the hosts and fans were trying to intensify the rumored 'YiXiao' relationship. While her words made it seemed like she viewed it as just gossip, her tones clearly indicated how she was hinting an approval towards such rumor. While Yibo was walled off from such insinuating acts, Ji Li and Cheng Xiao's manager were trying really hard to be flies passing by.

"No such thing. Just baseless rumors like all of the others." Yibo mercilessly commented.

Cheng Xiao wasn't blinded by love and ignored the fact that Yibo's heart has never been moved before. She also knew that he saw her as just a childhood friend, a younger sister even. However, you can't stop a person from having expectations and working hard to earn someone's love. Unfortunately, sometimes Yibo can be a ruthless killer by making such absolute statements and crushing any of Cheng Xiao's hope.

Ji Li was never a supporter of Cheng Xiao, but neither did he wished for her to get torn in pieces like this. You need to treat girls delicately, Yibo. You need to treat people delicately! Feeling the awkward atmosphere, Ji Li didn't want to interfere so he pulled out his phone and sneakily texted Hai Kuan.

[JL: Once again, Cheng Xiao has been coldly and heartlessly rejected by your little brother]

The four continued walking in silence when a quiet flute melody sounded. Yibo immediately pulled out his phone as if he had been waiting for the message. From that moment to when they reached their vehicles, Yibo's attention was on the sender of the text.

Cheng Xiao, who was walking next to Yibo, was able to see the twinkle in his eyes and softness in his facial expression. It reminded her of the other day when his expression also changed when he received a message... is it the same person?

"Gege, who are you talking to that's making you so happy?" Cheng Xiao tried to sound curious, but Ji Li could hear the suppressed jealousy in her tone.

Yibo returned to reality with Cheng Xiao's question. He slid his phone back into his pocket and replied, "Just someone," then gave his goodbyes as they parted ways.

Cheng Xiao's eyes darkened as the feeling of jealousy boiled. She clenched her fists and forced herself to walk away. In the car, she couldn't stop her mind from questioning who the other person was, where Yibo met them, for how long, what do they look like, Why doesn't he look at me like that!!!

When she realized that her thoughts were making her mental, she took a deep breath to calm herself. Cheng Xiao pulled out her phone and called her father's assistant, asking him to investigate the other individual's profile.

They say that love changes a person. When it is to their favor, it creates warmth and happiness: when it goes against them, it creates chaos and insanity. Everyone wants to be loved, but not all will receive that love. For the pain to lessen, acknowledgment and letting go is the best option. However, jealousy blinds us from this path as we dig a hole that gets harder to crawl out of. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

111K 7.9K 51
Hello readers I'm back with a YiZhan fanfiction... Cuz YiZhan is one of my fav ships.... Also they're YiZhan and they're the best... I've never seen...
156K 11.7K 24
Xiao Zhan is 28 years old and has had a lot of bad luck in his life. And when he believes that his streak of bad luck is finally over, because he has...
150K 7.8K 42
Xiao Zhan is a filial son. He is very cheerful and generous, but he wants to build a record to be having 50 girlfriends in one year. Can he make his...
193K 10.5K 41
JADE OF HEARTS AWARD 2021-- TEEN FANFICTIONS YIZHAN CATEGORY AWARD WINNER. Cover Credits : @LuvLaws after getting admitted in university, Xiao Zhan...