Crossing Lines [Completed]

By callmeCRAZY8

(TeacherxStudent) Carter Lane has always had an easy life. Coming from a very wealthy family, she practically... More

Welcome & Authors Note
Ch. 1 Carter Lane
Ch. 2 New Teacher
Ch. 3 A life like this
Ch. 4 Donation Center
Ch. 5 Weekend Shenanigans
Ch. 6 Scratching the surface
Ch. 7 Two in the same
Ch. 8 Lower Expectations
Ch. 9 Fades
Ch. 10 Secrets
Ch. 11 Another weekend
Ch. 12 Trail Thoughts
Ch. 14 Indecisive
Ch. 15 One step closer
Ch. 16 Birthday wishes
Ch. 17 The Talk
Ch. 18 The Performance
Ch. 19 Prom
Ch. 20 Taking a risk
Ch. 21 Something new to get used to
Ch. 22 A date?
Ch. 23 The date
Ch. 24 Gibberish
Ch. 25 Mystery to her
Ch. 26 Tory
Ch. 27 Figuring it out
Ch. 28 Paying dues
Ch. 29 Helping hands
Ch. 30 All that glitters
Ch. 31 Mistakes
Ch. 32 Saturday night shenanigans
Ch. 33 Fishing trip
Ch. 34 Sibling talk
Ch. 35 Suspicion
Ch. 36 Where I need to be
Ch. 37 Getting out of hand
Ch. 38 Regina knows
Ch. 39 Party disaster
Ch. 40 Apartment tour
Ch. 41 Proof Is In The Photos
Ch. 42 Black
Ch. 43 Tranquility
Ch. 44 Beginnings
Ch. 45 Crossing Lines
Author's note

Ch. 13 Finding the truth

12.3K 460 610
By callmeCRAZY8

Something definitely was going on with Miss Morgan. When I saw her in the cafe yesterday, I knew something was wrong by the way she was looking at me. I could sense something was off and it really threw me like a boomerang cause I couldn't figure it out.

When I came to school, the first thing I noticed was Miss Morgan completely overlooking me. She wouldn't look at me in the hall when she passed by. A few students said their good mornings and when her eyes landed on me, it was as if something has switched off in her head and she suddenly looked away.

I couldn't figure it out why she was acting like this. I kept thinking I did something wrong but then again, I haven't actually spoken to her since that day she came in late when I was outside eating lunch.

Something was going on.

"Alright class, please turn to page one fifty two and pay attention." Miss Morgan turned towards her board and started writing stuff down. Even in class, she overlooked me as if I wasn't here.

I need to try to raise my hand to see if she'll call on me or dismiss the thought that I'm in this room.

As she was writing stuff down and talking at the same time, I took this opportunity to raise my hand and ask a question. I would just ask a dumb question just to get some kind of reaction out of her.

When she turns her head to see who's paying attention, that's when her eyes landed on me. I could definitely see something in them as she was staring at me for a few seconds before slowly turning to face the class.

"Yes.. Carter?"

I placed my arm down and looked at her for a moment. "Yeah.. I'm lost." I heard a few students snicker as they would look at me then shake their heads.

Ignorning them, I kept my focus on Miss Morgan as she shushed the class before locking eyes with me again. "Pay attention then."

The class started making a noise then laughing as Miss Morgan shushed them again then turned back to the board. I kept watching her for a moment wondering what the hell her problem was.

As class kept going on, I tried my best to pay attention but it was hard when all I wanted to do was leave this place.

After class was over, I watched as everyone started leaving as I was sitting there staring to the front of the classroom. I had a few looks thrown my way but I ignored them, waiting for the last student to leave.

Walking up to the front, I watch as Miss Morgan looks up and sees me. She shifted in her seat which indicated that she was nervous as I was approaching her.

I needed to come up with something to ask her so I won't look like a weirdo for being here for no reason.

"That assignment that you gave us, when is it due?" I held onto my backpack straps as she was watching me.

"Just turn it in whenever. No later than the end of this week."

I nod as I didn't really want to leave yet. Something was keeping me in here and I knew Miss Morgan didn't want me staying here for some reason. The look she had said it all and I could tell by her body language.

Taking a breath, I decided to at least try my luck. "Is everything ok, Miss Morgan?" She continues to look at me and I quickly clear my throat. "You don't seem like yourself today."

We looked at each other for a few seconds before she looks down at her desk. "Nothing to be concerned about, Carter. Go to lunch."

It was useless trying to get through to her. Teachers aren't going to tell you their life problems even when they act like complete different people in the classroom.

Her phone started ringing so this was my opportunity to leave. I walked out the door and almost shut it but stopped as I looked around then held the door handle. The door was cracked a little as I could hear Miss Morgan talking.

"Hey.." I heard her sigh. "Yeah.. I'm just not in the mood to do anything... I don't know." There was silence for a moment. "Ha ha very funny. It has nothing to do with her actually." I kept listening, trying to get some pieces of information.

That was until I noticed I was being a complete stalker.

Pulling my ear away, I caught something just in time.

"Carter." Miss Morgan sighs. "She's..."

Was she talking about me?

I backed away from the door until I felt myself being pushed back. I turned around in time to slam into the door and landed on my ass. I heard a lot of laughing as I looked up and saw Regina standing there, smiling at me.

"Watch where you're going you little-" She stops as her eyes averted upwards.

I did the same as the door I had landed into was now open and Miss Morgan was standing there

"What is going on?" Pushing myself up, I felt arms underneath my arms until I was being pulled up. "Regina, I will tell the principal about your behavior. Go now."

Rubbing my arm, I watch as she left then I look at Miss Morgan. "Thanks."

She looks me over before grabbing my arm and pulling me in her classroom. She shuts the door before walking over to me. "What happened?"

"I guess I ran into her and she pushed me."

"Into my door?"

Shrugging, I held my arm. "Yeah."

She looks at me a little longer before grabbing my arm and looking at it. I wasn't sure if anything was wrong, it just hurt before it managed to hit the door frame as I was falling.

"It looks ok. Just a little red from where it was scraped." She sighs. "I will be talking to principal Brown about Regina. Her behavior is unacceptable."

I nod as I look at her. "Thanks." I stood there not knowing what to even say at this point. "I'm gonna go to lunch."

"Carter, wait." Miss Morgan stops me before I had the chance to walk away. Looking at her, she was holding onto my arm gently but soon lets it go. "Have a great rest of the day." She slightly smiles.

I nod. "You too, Miss Morgan."

Walking out the door, I had so much on my mind.

-

The rest of the day was pretty much boring. I eventually forgot about earlier with Miss Morgan and just focused on my school work. I shouldn't worry about it too much if not at all.

But the thought that she was talking about me on the phone still had my mind blurry.

Sitting in Mrs. Mary's class after Music class was over, I wasn't doing much of anything. My fingers were touching the piano keys but my mind wasn't communicating with my hands so I was just playing random keys.

"I have to take something to the front office. I'll be right back." Mrs. Mary said as she left the room, leaving the door opened just a little.

Looking back at the piano, I took a sheet of paper out of my backpack that I had. It was a music sheet with a song on it. I really wanted to practice it for the performance.

I wasn't a hundred percent sure if I was playing this song or not. I wanted to but I still had another week to think it through.

Looking at the sheet, I let my fingers glide over the keys as my eyes were scanning the sheet. I looked down a few times and watched my fingers then looked back up.

I was in a state of happiness as I let the music take over.

A few minutes passed and I played the last keys until I heard clapping behind me. I turn to see Mrs. Mary standing in the room smiling at me. "That was amazing, Carter."

"I didn't know you'd be back so soon." I smile as I folded the sheet and placed it in my backpack.

I stood up and grabbed my backpack then slung it over my shoulder. I knew I had a few more minutes left until the last bell rung, so I was getting ready.

"I tell you this everyday and I mean it every time. You are gifted, Carter."

I smile then nod. "I guess I am."

"I can't wait to see what you perform at the performance."

Smiling, I couldn't wait neither. I was excited but also super nervous to perform by myself in front of the whole school. I knew that not everyone likes me here, so standing up in front of everyone is going to be nerve wrecking.

"I'm nervous but I'm also excited."

She smiles as she sits on the edge of her desk. "That's perfectly normal. Everyone has stage fright."

Mrs. Mary doesn't know the shit I deal with here. We talk about things, sometimes personal but I never tell her about being bullied.

We talked a little longer about the performance and she told me that at least thirty students are in it, as far as she knows. She heard that more students were getting involved in it as some of the teachers had said to her.

"I know your birthday is coming up in a few days." She smiles as we were walking to the door as the last bell rung. "I'll be sure you get you a present."

"You don't have to." I smile at how sweet she was. "I have everything, I don't need anything else."

She pulls me into a hug and I hug her back. After we pull back, she tells me to have a great evening and I wish her the same.

As I was walking down the hall to my locker, I saw Ayden come up to me with a smile on his face. I gave him a questionable look before shutting my locker.

"What?"

He leans on the locker next to him then crosses his arms. "Guess who got a date to the prom?"

I shook my head. "Oh god.. You do know that prom isn't until the end of March, right? Why did you already get a date?"

"So nobody else would ask her."

"Who is it?" I ask.

He smiles then looks around for a moment. "Jamie."

Making a face, I wasn't too disappointed in his decision. "She's cute."

"I know." He smiles. "Now we need to find someone for you."

Shaking my head, I walk past him with him right behind me. "I'm not going. Proms are stupid. People are stupid. Dancing is stupid."

He grabs my arms and makes me stop as we step outside the doors. "This is your last prom, you know? You need to make it the best one." He looks at me as his hand lets my arm go. "You haven't went to any one of them."

"You don't know that. I came here in my sophomore year." I watch him for a moment. "But no I haven't."

Smiling, he pulls me aside as some students were walking out of the building. "So make this last prom your best one."

"Nobody is going to want to come with me. I'm an outcast here and nobody likes me."

Sighing, he looks around before looking back at me. "You want me to back out of going with Jamie and us go together?"

"What? No." I shake my head. "Ayden, don't worry about it. If I decide to go, I'll go by myself."

Stuffing his hands in his pocket, he looks at me. "I'll ask Jamie if we all three can go together, ok?"

I smile then nod. "Thanks." He pulls me into a hug and I pat his back.

We said our goodbyes as we went our separate ways. Unlocking my car, I placed my backpack in the backseat before texting Chase. I didn't know where he was and he didn't let me know if he was going home with someone else or not.

After a few moments, he texts back and said he was riding with Trevor again. I sent a text back before getting into my car then shutting the door. I look towards the building and saw Miss Morgan walking out, holding a phone to her ear.

Starting my car, her head instantly shot towards me. I gave her a small wave as she returned it. I back out of the parking spot then turned on the stereo before leaving the parking lot.

-

"I need you to go out and buy some things. Think you can do that?" My mom was wiping her hand as she was watching me. She was cooking dinner and had forgotten some stuff, so she's asking me to go out and get it.

I nod as I didn't mind. I watched as she was writing something down then handed it to me. I looked at it and saw a few items on the paper then looked at her as she was smiling at me.

"Just hurry back." She pulls me into a hug then pats my back, pushing me towards the door.

Grabbing my keys, I walk out to the garage. Sliding into the driver seat, I placed my seat belt over my chest then started the engine. I backed out of the garage then left the driveway.

Turning the stereo on, I focused on the road ahead of me. Tapping my fingers on the steering wheel, I was getting into the music that was playing. I tend to get distracted when I'm driving if a good song comes on the stereo.

The grocery store was about twenty minutes away which gave me enough time to jam out to my music before I got there. Sometimes I wish it was longer just to keep listening to it.

Pulling into a parking spot, I got out at the grocery store. It was around six and the sun was close to setting. It felt pretty good outside to be March.

A little chilly but I had a hoodie on. Usually it gets cold during nightfall rather than during the day.

Locking my car, I made sure I had the list and my card. They were in my back pockets so I knew they were safe.

Walking in, I was greeted by a cashier. I smiled at her as I took the list out then grabbed a basket. I didn't need a cart cause there wasn't a lot of items on the list. Everything should fit into this basket.

I walked down the aisles, looking at the different things they had on the shelves. My mom wrote down baking stuff for brownies. I knew they were for after dinner, so I better hurry up before she gets dinner done.

Walking to the aisle with all the baking stuff. I wanted double fudge brownies cause that sounded so damn good. I hate walnuts in brownies and whoever made that is the devil.

The chewy, gooey brownies are the best. Freshly out of the oven makes you want to slap someone, it's so good.

I was looking on the back of a box when I heard someone walking down the aisle. I wasn't paying any attention to them until I recognized their voice.

Looking over, I saw Miss Morgan and that girl walking down towards me. They were looking at each other and talking so neither of them saw me.

Thank God I wore a hoodie.

Pulling the hoodie on in a quick motion, they stopped a few feet away. The girl grabbed something off the shelf as they were talking. I tried keeping my head away but it was impossible as I kept them in my side view.

"You may be the most complicated human I have ever met." The girl laughs as she places the item in the basket.

"And why is that?" I heard Miss Morgan ask.

Looking up at the boxes of brownies, I tried not being suspicious. I was standing there listening to their conversation trying not to get caught.

"This girl you like. You haven't talk to her yet you won't shut up about her." The girl grabbed something else off the shelf. "If I was you, I'd talk to her."

I heard Miss Morgan sigh. "It's not that easy."

"What's not easy about it? You told me you met her already and you were completely head over heels for her. You can just talk to her and that's all."

As I was standing there, I was wondering if she was referring to the student Miss Morgan liked. I wonder if she even knew she was her student. If they're talking about the same person.

It just occurred to me that they're talking about a girl and that means Miss Morgan is either gay or bi.

My brain is slow dude.

So it's a girl student. Possibly.

Man, do I feel like a stalker right now.

I had the double fudge brownie, so I'm good to go.

As I was about to turn and walk off, I heard Miss Morgan speak which made me completely stop and everything in my body shut down.

"Carter is different.. ok? I can't just walk up to her and tell her that I like her. It's really complicated."

"You're making it complicated."

My heart was doing this thing where it was about to beat out of my chest. I could feel it behind my eyelids and in my ears. The blood was pumping through my veins like a fucking kinked up hose ready to explode.

I heard them walk behind me then out of the aisle. I look in their directions before looking down at the basket in my hands.

Everything was spinning out of control right now. I didn't know what to do. My body was froze and my mind was at a dial tone.

All I knew now was that I needed to get home and maybe sort all of this out.

Paying for my items, I quickly left the store and rushed to my car. As I placed all my shit in, I got in then sat there as it just dawned on me that Miss Morgan had to of seen my car, right? Or she was already here before me.

Either way, I wasn't about to stay around until she walked out.

Driving home was weird. I felt weird. It was as if everything around me wasn't right anymore cause I wasn't suppose to find out Miss Morgan's secret. I wasn't suppose to know that she liked me.

Miss Morgan likes me.

It doesn't make me think of her differently or think it's weird. I just can't figure out why on Earth she likes me. It's not even the student and teacher liking either. It's something you only read in the news or on Wattpad.

After I had parked in the garage, I grabbed the bag since there was only one then walked inside to see my mom standing at the counter. She smiles when she sees me then walks over and grabs the bag from my hands.

"Thank you, sweetie. Did you have any trouble?"

I shook my head as I hung my keys up. "No ma'am. Surprisingly easy. Piece of cake." I looked at the ingredients on the counter. "Or brownies in this case."

She laughs as she gets everything ready. "Go get your father and brother. Tell them dinner is about done."

I left the kitchen to find my dad in his office. It was specially made for a billionaire like himself. It's like a small work office minus the work. It had a desk, a bookshelf and a flat-screen tv mounted on the wall.

He usually stays in here when it's football season cause he's a huge football fan. Either football or Nascar is what he watches.

When I entered, he was on a phone call. He looks over at me then smiles as he holds his finger up. I look around the office until he was done.

"Dinner is almost ready."

He smiles then stands up, adjusting his tie. "Thank you, sweetie. I'll be there in a minute."

I walk out then went into the living room to find Chase playing his games. I walked up behind him then looked at the tv as he was shooting zombies. He was walking backwards, shooting them as they were slowly walking towards him down a hall.

I patted his head which made him jump a little. He looks up at me then frowns. "What?"

"Mom said dinner is almost ready, lets go."

"Alright. Give me a minute."

Rolling my eyes, I walk out of the living room and into the kitchen where mom was placing all the bowls and plates on the table. I walked over to her and helped her set everything up.

"Thank you." She smiles. "I need cups then I need to place the tea pitcher on the table as well."

She walks over and grabs the cups and pitcher before setting them on the table. I smile as I watch her set everything up perfectly. She always has a thing for perfection but doesn't expect it from us, which is a good thing I suppose.

As my dad and Chase walks in, we all sit at the table and say our blessing before making a plate. Dad and mom would talk about their day. Chase told them what happened at school today. Something about a frog dissection and a kid passed out.

"How was your day, Carter?"

I spun my spoon around my noodles before smiling at him. "Productive. I had a great day."

The thought of Miss Morgan surfaced through my brain and I couldn't shake her from it. Throughout dinner, I was trying my best to pay attention to what my parents were talking about but it was no use.

After dinner and clean up, I went upstairs to take a shower. I needed to clear my mind from all of this and maybe have some answers by tomorrow.

After I took a shower, I was laying in bed in my pajamas staring up through my skylight with Miss Morgan on my brain.

The thought of her was flooding my head.

Maybe tomorrow everything will start making a little more sense.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 23.1K 31
TeacherxStudent Don't let love fool you. Sometimes it's worth the risk.
102K 2.2K 61
Carter Brooks, a senior in high school, who has a great job, house, car, everything she needs. For what she thinks. She's been on her own since she w...
22.7K 442 39
(teacher x student, wlw) Elaine was an academic achiever, and she is surprised she still has time to party now and then. However, everything comes cr...
1M 33.5K 77
Leah's just a girl like another: hanging out with friends, experiencing love, having family fights and love... But what happens when her perfect worl...