New Beginnings

By MsChryssieE

About to welcome their baby into the world, August and Alei are trying to balance both their careers and soci... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Happy Moment...
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
New Book!

Chapter 12

9.9K 446 53
By MsChryssieE

August

"Shay?"

"What!"

"I'm not in the mood to deal with you."

"Why did you call me August?"

"I just wanna know if everything is set up."

"Yes. Everything is all set. Don't worry, she would like it."

"I hope so. We've been bumping heads lately and I just want to go back to how we use to be."

"You can't undo getting your dick sucked from a random hoe Aug." She stared at me.

"Why you had to go there?"

"Because I can. I been rooting for you since the beginning, I put my neck out there for you and you fucked up."

"You finally getting it off ya chest huh?"

"Yes I am. I need you to stop fucking shit up and get it together. You hear me?"

"Yes." I looked at her.

"Good. Now who is that?" She pointed over at the door.

Turning around, Leah stood there and waved.

"Oh that's my home girl, Leah." I walked over to greet her.

"Hey Aug." We hugged.

"Wazzamin."

"Um aren't you a little too early?" Shay cut in.

"Shay chill." I stopped her.

Officially introducing them and explaining to Shay who she was, she calmed down.

"I'll be upstairs." She said before walking off.

"Your girl's best friend?"

"How'd you know?"

"You forget Cherish?" She laughed.

"Yo crazy ass friend? Nah." I shook my head. "That bitch keyed my brother's car."

"Shay is your girl's Cherish." She laughed.

Walking out back, I showed her the set up. Shay been planning this baby shower unknowing to Alei for three months now.

I left her to it because I knew she would know what to do and get.

"So its just family and friends?"

"Yup."

"You gonna show her it today?"

"Yea. I know she's gonna love it too."

"Let me go do a final check and I'll be out till later."

"Cool."

As she walked back inside, Shay came out.

"You going to get her or you want me too?"

"I'm not about to leave you in this house with her alone. I don't care what you say."

"Really Shay?"

"Yes really."

Pushing past me, she walked out and walked around. Honestly I was tried of everybody being on my case for what I did.

"Bro?"

"Yea?"

"E said he on his way to set up."

"Aight cool."

"You call your girl?"

"No, why?"

"Just asking?"

"Trav if you know something, just say?"

Unlocking his phone, he showed me a photo Alei was tagged in. Annoyance instantly ran through me seeing her, Amirah and that bitch.

"When this was posted?"

"A couple minutes ago."

Getting my phone, I called her mother rather than calling her.

"Hi Aug, how are you?"

"I'm fine. Just checking to see how y'all going?"

"Everything is going according to plan. She just put Mirah down for her nap and still thinks we're going by my sister." She laughed.

"Ok. Um"

"No he isn't going to be with us. His flight is in like two hours. He just left to go to the airport."

"Thanks."

"Mhmm. I heard y'all last night too. Don't let him play any mind games with you. Druex is a good person but he knows how to push people's buttons."

"Aight. I got ya."

"Good. Now leave me to go relax."

Laughing, I said my goodbye and locked back my phone.

"He gon be hea?"

"Nah. He done left fa tha airport."

"Good because I didnt want ta have ta beat a nigga at ma nephew's baby shower."

"Y'all believe its a boy huh?" I laughed.

"You'on want a son?"

"Man I just want a healthy baybeh. Whatever tha gender is won't make a difference."

"But?"

"But I low key want ma son." I laughed.

"Exactly."

After chilling some more, E came by and set up his area. Relaxing till it was time to get ready we just talked about what they wanna do fa ma birthday next week.

*****

Tha baby shower was in full motion. Alei's mother had called to tell me that they were on their way which was on time.

"You nervous?"

"About being a dad in two weeks? Fuck yes." I laughed. "But I got the best person as the mother so I'm cool."

"Good."

Feeling my phone vibrate, I check seeing a text from Ms. Monica saying they were out front.

"Aye, y'all be quiet. She hea."

Making my way to the front, I opened the door to her looking confused.

"Hey baybeh." I hugged ha trying not ta laugh.

"Are you ok?" She looked at me.

"Yea, why?"

"Because we were suppose to be going by my aunt but we're here and weren't you suppose to get back on the road this morning."

"Baybeh relax." I laughed as we walked in. "I told ya momma ta come hea fa lunch instead."

"Oh." She laughed.

"Is it just you here, where's Travis?"

"Out back. Go head out."

Nodding, she took ha time walking over ta tha back door. Not too far behind her, I just smiled. Soon as she opened tha door, everybody out thea yelled surprise.

"Oh!" She jumped and held her belly.

"You good?" I rushed over to her. "Man I told y'all not so loud."

"I'm fine babe, but hmm."

"What?"

Following her eyes, I looked down and seen tha wet spot.

"Shit. Aight just stay thea."

"I didn't plan on moving." She laughed.

"Momma, bring me a cup of water." I said thinking quickly.

"Alei is everything ok?" Shay and Jaz came over to us.

"Yea I'm fine."

Taking the cup from my mother, I took a random sip then told Alei to turn to make it seem like she was walking off but bump me.

Doing that, when she moved, Shay and Jaz realized and that made them laugh.

"We'a be back y'all. Gonna get ha ready." I spoke.

"Ready?"

"Yea. Ya outfit in tha guest room downstairs."

"You helping me?" She looked up at me.

"What you tryna get into?" I whispered.

"I miss my man's touch." She looked up at me and pouted.

"Momma, y'all make sure everything is straight down hea aight."

"Ok."

Walking to the guestroom, I went into ta bathroom and got tha shower going while she changed.

"Ya want it after ya shower, or during?"

"Can I get both?" She smirked.

Smiling, I got out my clothes and helped ha in.

Alei

"Thank you again so much for this." I hugged Shay.

"You know I wasn't about to let you have that baby and not have a shower." She laughed.

So far things was going great. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and I for one was.

Seeing some familiar faces and not so familiar ones, I just observed as they played the games set up.

"Who's up for playing stick the sperm in the uterus?" Shay yelled.

"What?" People questioned as we laughed.

"Where did she find these games?" Evan asked me.

"Like hell if I know." I laughed.

Taking another sip of my lemonade, I looked around for Aug. He had disappeared for a while now and I was getting hungry.

"Hey have you seen August?" I asked Evan.

"Last I saw him, he was going into the house."

"Ok. I need to use the bathroom anyway."

Heading for the downstairs bathroom, I did my business and washed up.

"You really need to stop dancing on my bladder in there." I spoke as I walked out.

Not paying attention, I bumped into someone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 5.7K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
341K 9K 80
Zoe dad is a drug dealer and so is her friend dads. They all have kids and they tell the kids they have to date each other. Zoe wasn't having that. W...
128K 3.3K 20
Ayana Jones is the shy, quiet, kept to herself type of girl. She is very smart & beautiful but never really showed it. She always stayed in the backg...
1.1M 47.8K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC