Dead Eye

By shachiseth

What happens when you wake up some day and find out that there is no resemblance to yourself in your own head... More

Chapter 1 Beginning Or Semicolon
Chapter 2 Clues Or Puzzles
Chapter 3 Mistaken Identity
Chapter 4 Puzzles And Troubles
Chapter 5 Gratitude And Attack
Chapter 6 Merry Christmas
Chapter 7 Dream Or Memory Relapse
Chapter 8 Shocks n Surprises
Chapter 9 Messing Present
Chapter 10 To Believe Or Not To Believe
Chapter 11 First Mission
Chapter 12 Skeptical Decisions
Chapter 13 Big Bad Day
Chapter 14 Jealousy And Spying
Chapter 15 Betrayal?
Chapter 16 Fight For Freedom
Chapter 17 Fast N Furious or Speed
Chapter 18 Help From Friends?
Chapter 19 Funeral
Chapter 20 Alive And Breathing
Chapter 21 Wrong Side Of Bed
Chapter 22 Who Are You?
Chapter 23 Open Up
Chapter 24 Shelter Home
Chapter 25 Troubled Memories
Chapter 26 Plan To Avenge
Chapter 27 Being Played!
Chapter 28 Fighting Rink
Chapter 29 Eiffel Tower Attack
Chapter 30 Different Person
Chapter 31 Friends With Benefits
Chapter 32 I Am Married
Chapter 33 Evidences in Bag
Chapter 34 Badass Cynthia!
Chapter 35 Tattoo And Its Mystery
Chapter 36 Peru Again!
Chapter 38 Get Set For Some Ass kicking
Chapter 39 The Big Attack
Chapter 40 Terrorist Attack
Chapter 41 Messenger Of Death
Chapter 42
Untitled Part 43 Not THE END

Chapter 37 Dead or Alive?

14 3 3
By shachiseth

Chapter 37

Dead or Alive?

"What were you thinking you idiot?" she shouted.

John could barely open his eyes.

He remembered being hit on his hand with the back of huge gun.

He tried to put hold on the slipping window pane for a while till he lost balance and fell on the bushy ground.

"Go get him" one of them shouted and in no time one of them had reached him hitting and hurting him.

John balanced himself and stood on his foot holding the arms of the guy hitting him attacked back. He noticed he was the young guy who was supposed to escort people from England.

He could help John with what they were planning to do exactly.

John stood immediately with new fire and started hitting him. After two blows the young guy was almost gone when two more joined him and started hitting John, John was fighting back when a gun shot was heard, another followed and a blast was heard filling the garden with smoke.

John tried to hold the collar of person who was attacking him so that he could get the truth out of him but he was pulled with greater force.

"Cynthia" John rubbed his eyes "oh shit I died" he screamed.

"No you didn't" Cynthia replied back giving a duh face "you are very much alive"

"Really?" John furrowed his brows "but you were dead."

"No I wasn't" Cynthia stood on her feet "now get up we have to rush."

"Why? What happened?" John asked trying to figure out the grave danger Cynthia was referring to.

We have managed to neutralize most of the threats" Cynthia said proudly

"How?" John asked

"Thanks to you" she smiled.

"I am as lost as a snail in the middle of the ocean " John said, "can you elaborate?"

"You went to Ayoka's" Cynthia's statement made sense.

"So?" he was angry "you were the ones who'd already picked all her stuff from her place?" John asked.

"No that was Japanese secret Security agency." Cynthia denied "But then we collaborated with Japanese firm and they helped us out."

"How?' John asked.

"By telling us their plan" Cynthia stated loaded herself with guns and bullets. She even strapped her knife to her hose.

"And that was?" John was curious.

"I knew their target was Tokyo Olympics but..." John made some hand gesture "the security system, its amazing. They never stand a chance"

"And yes" Cynthia added "they are smart enough to learn that. So their best chance was.."

"To do it before or after Olympics." John finished it for her "but after Olympics the impact would be low, if they attacked before Olympics, the world economy and peace would be shattered." John was shocked about the learning

"That too you helped it" Cynthia stated "they had kidnapped few of the players from 14 different countries. Actual the countries were the ones who participated in the first Olympics.

"you mean Greece, France Germany..."

"Yes" Cynthia did not let him complete and threw him a huge gun.

"Their plan was to swap these athletes with their men, who'd later hijack the plane and then they were supposed to crash all the planes in the air."

"Holy f##king shit!" John shouted "how Is that possible. Do you mean what I think you mean?"

"Yes they are going to jeopardize with the satelites and the directions and make all the planes crash with each other in the air."

John had the goosebumps in his entire body, his blood boiled "how the f##k did they manage to do this?"

"Their planner was a mechanical engineer" Cynthia's face reflected the same disappointment that of John's "Educated youth going into this direction." She stated "sad, very sad. They had their contacts at the recruitment departments and they still have their men in the land staff of Tokyo airport and other countries airports.

The hunt is on but considering that we do not have much a say with the legal departments of other countries we cannot do anything.

"So I thought you just said we tied up with Japanese security" John was glad that if the proficient Japanese security department were with them, things would get much easier.

"That's the main problem, they are too proficient. They do not appreciate our involvement." Cynthia explained.

"Do they know all the facts?" John asked, an important question nagging him but he had important things to ask.

"No" Cynthia denied. "We only knew because you'd been helping and collecting tiny data." She shrugged "I don't know how you do it even with your limited memory. But you do."

"Tell me one thing" John asked "how is it that you are alive." He finally asked "I thought I visited your funeral."

"That was a ploy to mislead your abductors." She shrugged

"You weren't dead ever." John asked smiling. "And who were my abductors?"

"I am standing in front of you" she kicked him on his butt "kicking your hot ass" she bit her lips "ain't I?"

John smiled glad that his good friend and special agent was alive.

"You did not answer the later question "who wanted to abduct me?'

"Apparently before you were shot and went into comma, you killed one of the major master mind behind the entire thing, one who was involved in recruiting all the personnel in various tasks."

"And the entire plan stopped abruptly" John finished it for her "now if I was awake then I would have guided them" John assessed

"And when you woke up you'd lost all your memory, practically useless for them.

"But I was gone for two freaking years" John barked.

"They never stopped planning on their attack" Cynthia filled in "but when you woke they knew that there were chances that the people who are already in training could be located and they were the best ones, the person you killed Fellal was great at recruiting dedicated employees and he had huge connections all over the world."

"Damn I don't remember a bit" John said holding his temples that were throbbing by now.

"But the people who were after me..." John doubted if they looked or acted like terrorists.
"They were stupids and were fooled that you were a gangster and drug mafia." Cynthia explained "that if they brought you to him they'd get the access to money you had laundered and have forgotten, each of them getting their own share."

'I wish I could lie down" John pressed his head hard "this is too much to take."

"Sorry not possible Agent" Cynthia denied as she threw the pillet of guns in a belt at John "buckle up. We have terrorists to catch."
Both John and Cynthia buckled up in an upbeat truck to reach a very shady apartment.

Six more agents joined them loaded with their arms and ammunition.

Cynthia paired them and directed them to take a floor each of the five storey building and she and John headed towards the top floor.

Cynthia lead the attack and John followed, his senses full alert as he was backing Cynthia.

They heard people talking casually having a smoke, each of them excited

"This is going to be major success" one of them commented excited "hail our God."

"Hail the god." Everyone echoed in unison.

"You have the details of which country?" asked one of them.

"The envelop is sealed" he answered "will know only at the airport."

"You loaded?" another one asked.

"Yes I am " he boasted opening a box that both Cynthia and John assumed was filled with guns and other ammunition.

Cynthia looked at John signaling 3 fingers then adding one by one and another finger with the hand holding gun.

"6 people" John lip synced and Cynthia nodded.

Cynthia lifted two fingers and pointed towards John, he nodded

Then he gesticulated three fingers, the pointer headed towards hers.

'You take two down, I'll take three' John translated in his head.

'Why me two?' he thought 'why is she sparing the one and she underestimates me, I can take all of them down.'

One of them was about to close the door that they had left open to Cynthia's and John's convenience and luck when Cynthia pulled the guy from his neck who could barely shout with Cynthia's hand immediately cupping his mouth, she twisted his neck hard and John was amazed at the precision in Cynthia's attack that the guy fell on the ground.

The commotions might have disturbed others who shouted, "what happened Haul?" one of them started

On lack of reply he walked towards the door.

Swiftly Cynthia pulled him and was about to knock him down on the floor but he bit her hand and passed a loud shriek before he lay lifeless on the floor of stinking room.

Two gone four to go John calculated mentally reminding himself that he had to take at least two down.

But the men inside were alert now and were firing bullets.

Cynthia ad John separated sheltering themselves on both the sides of the door, their hands stretched with guns pointed inside the house.

Gun fire was heard which wasn't a good sign since the apartment had civilians as residents too.

Cynthia fired few rounds but she had already realized that were useless.

John was still rested behind the pillar when Cynthia took the brave front walking towards the entrance.

She immediately fired as she found some movement in the other room, the main room was empty now.

John too followed after Cynthia now alert with gun in her hand.

John sheltered himself on one of the side wall which led to another room and waited, Cynthia was looking around ready to fire as soon as he heard anyone.

John noticed two of them hiding behind a study desk and very proficiently fired two bullets.

One of them reached the bulls eye as he could see the trail of blood

Another fire was heard and he assumed that Cynthia had taken down another one.

John now walked towards the desk to pick another guy who was hiding behind the table but he stood on his own lifting his hands above his head "I surrender" he said whimpering, "don't kill me I surrender."

"stand up" John commanded and he contemplated

"Hands behind your head " John gave another command.

A loud "oh F##K" was heard so John kicked the guy following after him to the room he could hear Cynthia.

Cynthia was shot and she was firing gun from the window.

"He escaped" Cynthia yelled holding her wounded feet.

Now the person who had his hands behind his back attacked John with a knife, which he had probably hidden behind his pants, but John dodged it easily.

Few gunshots were heard and the guy fell on floor.

"You shouldn't have killed him" Cynthia barked at the other agents who were now joining them.

"John eyed the window and the path that one if the men had fled.

"What are you doing here?" John asked, his head calculating miles an hour.

"There was nobody downstairs, only civilians." The other agents answered.

"Decided to help you guys." Another one added.

"How is that possible David?" Cynthia scratched her head with the back of gun to which John didn't comment which would have been other wise.

"Not possible" John commented only sprinting down the stairs, Cynthia towing behind him.

"What do you have in mind?" Cynthia asked.

"That guy you shot" John answered "he did not escape, he is still in the building."

"But there is no one else." Cynthia huffed "our team is a specialist, they would have known."

"Okay" John said but kept moving.

"Okay?" Cynthia threw her hands in the air "what do you mean by okay if you are still looking for the oblivions?"

"Hush ssh.." John silenced them and once they reached the ground floor he started tapping his foot on the floor.

Once he was confident, he lifted the wooden plank that was neatly merged with other fine crafted wooden flooring and found the staircase

"Holy shit!" Cynthia murmured but nevertheless followed John.

There were around four of them sitting silently waiting for the storm to pass but once they noticed John and Cynthia they leapt towards them with their gun.

One of them was about unlock the grenade but John pounced on him right on time.

Gun shots were fired and three were killed, the fourth one killed himself on his own.

"Shit!" John kicked his foot "couldn't get either of them alive.

"Its okay," Cynthia patted him "you still have the fire in you" she smiled.

John ignored her compliment assessing the place looking for suspect or computer or any other thing that could help

"Check their pockets " John told one of the agents who had now reached the basement "collect all the envelopes and hand it to me.

"John read all the details in the envelope which had flight numbers.

They arrived at the hotel with all of their belongings going through al the stuff they had confiscated including their mobiles, pen drives and all the available documents.

He was getting fidgety with each and everything he read and went through, each of them revealing tit bit of their plan

"F##kers" he shouted " these are the tickets of only half the countries."

"What do you mean?' Cynthia asked

"Look " John showed the roll of paper that was earlier a lamp listed with God is great in 14 different languages of 14 different countries.

Here are ticket numbers of only 8 different countries.

"There are more of them and at different places planning one thing." John said pressing his head again

"You were great out there at the field John" Cynthia rubbed his arms comforting him " it was amazing to see your old self at the field. Don't worry we'll crack this, we always have."

"Not always" John murmured.

"The mob attack in London?" Cynthia asked already knowing the answer "who would have thought they'd become so restless that they'd start shooting innocent people but remember we still saved the huge attack at the cathedral."

"Come you need a break" she offered him a drink and brought her glass to her lips "you need to relax and rejuvenate" she unclipped her hair letting the blonde waves fall on her shoulders, the she threw her safety jacket and unzipped her pants relaxing on the sofa in her boy shorts rubbing her hands through John's pants.

"What are you doing?" John stood all of a sudden.

"The regular, some unbounded, no strings attached regular $ex" she opened the first few buttons of her shirt lifting his glass of wine to her lips seductively "this is what we always do to relieve the stress." She leaned in for a kiss, John licked his own lips at the sight of soft luscious lips, his private friend stirring with excitement at the proximity, something he'd been eager to do always, he had a tiny glimpse of both naked under the sheets, in the yacht where they had wild $ex after they neutralized the threat of enemy who were targeting their vessels, then on a cold snowy day, it was so cold that they actually had to remove their clothes and do a little something to let the heat seep in to their bodies, the little something although involved a lot of moaning and shouting of each other's names.

"Come on" she commanded " loosen up" as she tried to unbuckle his pants. John was on the verge of being carried away, his desire emulsifying but in an instant he shifted backwards as if her touch burnt him "I cannot." He said

"Why?" Cynthia scrunched her brows "Relax that's what we always do. Its our private stress buster"

John was aroused thick and long but he simply couldn't.

He lifted Cynthia's both hands from the nape of his shirt that she was slowly pulling to unbutton "we need to work, figure out certain things first."

"You like someone?" Cynthia asked, "don't lie to me. I know you very well. You never say no." she was hurt but she was cautious enough not to show it to him.

"I am sorry Cynthia" John apologized unlike him especially when his excuse was related to work "can we?' he headed towards the table and lap top where they were working.

He studied all the materials and details re reading and hearing all the audio clips, watching the blurred images of the outdated camera of the apartment.

"There" he showed pausing the video "he ran with the envelop in his hands. So there are more. I am sure."

Cynthia too was trying to relate joining the pictures, audio clips and data from Ayoka's dairy.

While John and Cynthia were sizing up the entire plan, John went into a very serious mode

"Wait I need to take charge." John said authoritatively " we need to get hold of president."

"President? Are you going nuts?" Cynthia said irritated "What are you saying. Are you stupid? You really lost your brains with your memory."

"He'll have to personally call the president of other countries and make sure that all the athlete travel in a separate plane chartered specifically for them."

"How's that going to .."

"No managers, no coaches, no trainers, only athletes specifically strictly and with precise security." John suggested

"On it agent" Cynthia agreed and went on to mail the stuff to the higher officials

She waited for the ping "all done John" she continued "they are very impressed they say" she clicked to read ahead "they missed you."

"Reply D" John said, "I miss them too."

"D" Cynthia stopped what she was doing "I am sorry John" she said glumly "but I wasn't mailing them."

"Its okay" John dismissed "I'll talk to them once I am there."

"How are you going to talk to them?" Cynthia asked.

"What do you men how am I going to talk to them." He acted waving his hand to wards his mouth "with my mouth. Its okay." He dismissed, "forget it. Lets get to work."

"No John you can never talk to them " Cynthia almost yelled "they are dead"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 21.5K 28
Passport? Check. Book of maps to every country in the world? Check. The world's best treasure hunting dad and the most incredible stepmom? Check. ...
302 34 35
Updates every Tuesdays and Fridays unless I have exams, family emergency or DIE!!! Elizha Hashmi has been struggling with studying for the longest...
7.6K 182 34
What happens when one day, you finally open your eyes to the truth behind all those lies...
20.5K 515 31
It was like it happened out of thin air, like the moment I was there then gone in the next. Like I fell through the ground, where am I? How can I get...