An Original Vampire's Guide t...

Από NicholasFlamelFan

The Doctor has changed. Not only that but things have become much more difficult. Or rather... they will beco... Περισσότερα

Born Again
Christmas Invasion
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
Age of Steel
Fool Me Once
Idiot's Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
Fear Her
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
Runaway Bride
Smith and Jones
Shakespeare Code
Gridlock
Daleks in Manhattan
Evolution of the Daleks
Lazarus Experiment
42
Human Nature
Utopia
Sound of Drums
The Year That Never Was
Time Crash
Voyage of the Damned
Calming Down on Barcelona
Partners in Crime
The Sun Also Rises
Fires of Pompeii
Blink: Donna Version
Meat
Adam

Family of Blood

1.8K 77 10
Από NicholasFlamelFan

"Make your decision, Mr Smith," Jenny said. Tyra caught Martha's gaze and got ready to get out of the Mother's grip when Martha nodded.

Baines hummed "Perhaps if that human heart breaks, the Time Lord will emerge."

Tyra moved quickly and was about to knock Jenny out when the whispering started in her mind. Her head snapped to the side along with those of the family "Time Lord," a voice breathed. Tyra stepped back when she was suddenly free and glanced down in confusion. Her eyes widened a little when she saw the body on the ground. How?

"It's him," Baines hissed.

While the Family was distracted, Martha quickly wrestled the gun away from the Father's hands, holding it to his forehead "Alright," she snapped, casting a quick glance to the ground by Tyra's feet "One more move and I shoot."

"Oh, the maid is full of fire," Baines laughed.

"And you can shut up." Martha fired the gun at the ceiling, causing the remainder of the Family to back away from her.

Clark grabbed Baines' arm, barely holding back his anger at the sight of Jenny laying on the ground "Careful, Son of Mine. This is all for you so that you can live forever. Don't risk us in favour of your plan."

Baines barely deemed the other man worthy of a look before his hand shot up, pointing the gun at Martha "Shoot you down," he smirked. Tyra shifted to stand in front of Martha enough so that the shot would hit her but not enough so that she wouldn't be able to shoot him.

"Try it," Martha challenged.

"Would you really pull the trigger?" Baines asked, raising his eyebrows in amusement "Looks too scared."

Martha growled lowly "Scared and holding a gun is a good combination. Do you want to risk it?" The Family lowered their guns as one, staring at both of us in disgust "Doctor, get everyone out. There's a door at the side. It's over there." She gestured with her left hand "Go on. Do it, Mr Smith. I mean you."

"Do what she said," Joan called out "Everybody out, now. Don't argue, Mr Jackson. They're mad. That's all we need to know. Susan, Miss Cooper, outside, all of you." As if that broke the spell, the villagers started running away, screaming their heads off.

"Do they always have to scream?" Tyra complained.

Martha let out an incredulous laugh "Not all of us can be practically immortal and not feat anything, Ty."

"I'm not afraid of anything," she murmured before turning to her. Tyra grabbed the gun out of her hands and prodded her in the Doctor's – John's direction "Go. I'll be right there, alright?"

Martha hesitated for a moment "Don't kill them," she breathed, moving away "They're not worth it."

When everyone was gone, Tyra tilted her head, staring at the three remaining Family members "So, what now? Are we going to stare at each other until your painfully short lives end or are you going to do something?"

"She's almost brave, this one," Baines grinned before a thoughtful look flitted across his face "Then again, that much was obvious from the first class. There is something different about her."

"What happened to Baines?" Tyra asked, a little concerned about her student. She doubted that he was still alive but it was worth a try.

The Son sneered "Consumed. Their bodies are outs."

"Thanks," Tyra nodded "Means I don't have to feel guilty for killing a friend." She gestured to Jenny's body.

The Father snarled and was about to raise his gun when Baines interrupted by snapping at the scarecrow that had been sneaking up on Tyra "Get the gun." She let the gun go, easily, throwing them another look before she was out of there. From the looks of it, the Son wouldn't have it easy to convince the Father to continue with their goals. One of them was already dead and the others would soon follow. Whether due to their lifespan or another reason.

"Miss Tyra," John gasped, hurrying over to me "Are you alright?"

Tyra blinked at him in surprise, not having expected him to still be here "I'm fine."

"Are they still alive?" Martha asked when she joined her.

Tyra hummed "Sadly, they are. Which means that you." Here she shot a look to John who was still hovering behind her worriedly "Should be running. Not standing around playing bodyguard."

"He's rather rubbish as a human, isn't he?" Martha asked.

"I wouldn't say that," Tyra snorted "Different and yet the same." She glanced over to him, only to catch Joan's look of... Was that jealousy? Well, she did dance with John earlier and had gushed over the notebook that John had lent her but did that mean that she had feelings for him? Normally, Tyra was good at reading people but fondness and love were something different. She had never been too good with either of them when it came to people outside of her family.

They hurried back to the school and John shut the main doors behind them, grabbing the bell. Tyra flinched at the loudness of the ringing and Martha ripped his arm away "What are you doing?"

"Maybe one man can't fight then," John murmured "But this school teaches us to stand together." When the boys slowly filtered down, he shouted to them "Take arms. Take arms."

"You can't do that," Martha groaned "Tyra. Can't you...?"

"Sorry," she shrugged "But even as a teacher I don't have the authority. Women, you know? I didn't want to go overboard."

John glared at both of them lightly "You want me to fight, don't you? That's what I'm doing. Take arms. Take arms."

Hutchinson stumbled down the stairs, looking a little sleepy "I say sir, what's the matter?"

"Enemy at the door, Hutchinson," John explained "Enemy at the door. Take arms."

The guns were being passed out as Martha flitted between the boys "You can't do this, Doctor... Mr Smith."

"Redfern," John snapped "Maintain position over the stable yard. Faster now. That's it."

"They're just boys," Martha tried "You can't ask them to fight. They don't stand a chance."

Tyra leaned against the wall by them, watching the chaos unfold. She hated the fact that the boys had to go through that but sadly they didn't have a choice. Not with what was going to come next year. This was one thing Tyra hated about time travel. Going to the past, knowing what's going to happen but having no way of stopping it "Martha, let it go. You won't be able to change his mind."

"What in thunder's name is this?" the Headmaster shouted, entering to see the complete chaos that was happening around them "Before I devise an excellent and endless series of punishments for each and every one of you, could someone explain very simply and immediately exactly what is going on?"

John stepped up nervously "Headmaster, I have to report the school is under attack."

"Really?" the Headmaster snorted "Is that so? Perhaps you and I should have a word in private."

"No," John shook his head urgently "I promise you, sir. I was in the village with Miss Mikaelson. It's Baines, sir. Jeremy Baines and Mr Clark from Oakham Farm. They've gone mad, sir. They've got guns. They've already murdered people in the village. I saw it happen."

Headmaster Rocastle raised his eyebrows, his eyes finding Tyra "Miss Mikaelson, is that so?"

Before she could even open her mouth, Joan cut in "It's afraid it's true, sir."

"Murder on our own soil?"

"We all saw it. Yes."

Rocastle paled "Perhaps you did well then, Mr Smith. What makes you think the danger's coming here?"

"Well, sir, they said..."

John was cut off as well. Really, now? It was like Joan was asking to be in the centre of attention "Baines threatened Mr Smith, sir. Said he'd follow him. We don't know why."

"Very well," the Headmaster nodded before turning to the boys "You boys, remain on guard. Mr Snell, telephone for the police. Mr Philips, with me. We shall investigate."

Martha's eyes widened "No! But it's not safe out there."

Rocastle rolled his eyes "Mr Smith, it seems your favourite servant is giving me advice. You will control her, sir."

Tyra snorted at Martha's affronted look and whispered "Men." Before following the men out of the front gate.

"Miss Mikaelson," Mr Philips frowned "You should stay inside where it's safe."

"Not at all," she shook her head "I will be fine, sir. You should worry about yourself. Baines is... unhinged."

Rocastle glanced at them before stopping a few feet from where Baines was standing with some of his scarecrows gathered around him. The Father and Sister were nowhere to be seen. It put Tyra a little on edge. The Headmaster mustered the boy critically "So, Baines... Am I to gather that some practical joke has got out of hand?"

"Headmaster, sir," Baines straightened, a glint of sadistic amusement in his eyes "Good evening, sir. Come to give me a caning, sir? Would you like that, sir?"

"Keep a civil tongue, boy," the man flustered.

Mr Philips took a small step forward when it looked like the Headmaster was really to blow up "Now come on, everyone. I suspect alcohol has played its part in this." Tyra glanced back when she felt eyes on me and saw John standing in one of the windows "Let's all just calm down. And who are these friends of yours, Baines, in fancy dress?"

"Do you like them, Mr Philips?" Baines asked "I made them myself. I'm ever so good at science, sir. Look." He pulled the arm off one of the scarecrows "Molecular fringe animation fashioned in the shape of straw men. My own private army, sir. It's ever so good, sir."

Rocastle let out a sigh "Baines, step apart from this company and come inside with me."

Baines shook his head mockingly "No, sir. You, sir, you will send us Mr John Smith. That's all we want, sir, Mr John Smith, Miss Mikaelson and whatever the two have done with Smith's Time Lord consciousness. Then we'd be very happy to leave you alone."

"You speak with someone else's voice, Baines," the Headmaster murmured "Who might that be?"

"We are the Family of Blood."

Rocastle narrowed his eyes "Mr Smith said there had been deaths."

"Yes, sir," Baines smirked "And they were good, sir."

"Well, I warn you, the school is armed."

Baines looked very unimpressed with the threat and she couldn't fault him. His enemies were boys who had never killed before. They would do it and Tyra was aware of that but that didn't mean that they wouldn't be scared after this whole ordeal "All your little tin soldiers," the Son spat "But tell me, sir, will they thank you?"

"I don't understand," Rocastle blinked.

"What do you know of history, sir?" Baines asked "What do you know of next year?"

Tyra took a step forward "That's enough."

"Oh, not even close," Baines laughed hollowly before going back to ignoring her "1914, sir. Because the Family has travelled far and wide looking for Mr Smith and – oh – the things we have seen. War is coming. In foreign fields, war of the whole wide world with all your boys falling down in the mud. Do you think they will thank the man who taught them it was glorious?" Tyra bit her tongue sharply. She actually agreed with that. She knew that the World Wars lead to a lot of good things in the future but... Now? For these boys here? It was the worst thing that could have happened.

"Don't you forget, boy," the Headmaster snapped "I have been a soldier. I was in South Africa. I used my dead mates for sandbags. I fought with the butt of my rifle when the bullets ran out and I would go back there tomorrow for King and Country."

Baines waved his hand "Et cetera, et cetera." He raised his gun, pointing it at Mr Philips. Tyra grabbed the other man's arm, whirling him away from the beam that was about to pulverize him. Said beam only missed me by inches. Baines shot her a glare "Run along, Headmaster. Run back to school. And send us Mr Smith. The girl we'll happily keep here."

Tyra sneered "I'd like to see you try." She shoved Philips towards the Headmaster and took off, careful to not run too fast while they could still see me. Tyra dodged several scarecrows along with more than one beam.

She ran around for a while longer before she looped around back to the school, making sure that she lost the last of the scarecrows as well. While they weren't that fast, they seemed to be everywhere. Bit like cockroaches really. As soon as she got close enough, she saw a figure on one of the dormitory windows, climbing out. Tyra glanced around, making sure that no one was nearby and hurried over "Tim?" she frowned, recognizing the boy. Tim startled and his hands slipped from the ledge. He was about to let out a sound of surprise when Tyra caught him, her hand wrapping around his mouth "Shh. Do you want them to find us?"

"Miss..."

Tyra cut him off "I think we're a bit beyond formality now, don't you?" She sent him a small grin "It's Tyra or Ty. I don't care either way. Just – for the love of everything don't call me Miss Mikaelson."

"I have to find him," Tim murmured, clutching something in his hand. A flash of gold caught Tyra's attention.

"Find... Wait." She recognized the watch he was holding "Is that the Doctor's watch?"

Tim shifted uncomfortably "It wanted me to take it," he admitted, holding it out to her "He said it was too soon."

Tyra placed her hand over the gold metal for a moment, watching Tim's eyes widen in surprise "Can you help me find him? I'm not sure where they are now."

"The watch can lead us," the boy murmured "We have to get going. It's time."

"Did he tell you that?" she questioned.

Tim looked over his shoulder at the school "It has to be time. We have to stop them."

"Well, you're definitely right about that," Tyra sighed and gestured for him to follow "Come on. You tell me where to go and I keep an eye and ear out for the scarecrows."

With that, they walked in silence for a few minutes, getting further and further away from the school and closer to the Cartwright's cottage "He showed me..." Tim broke off before shaking his head "I saw so much. The watch – It showed me so many incredible things. How do you do it?"

"What?" Tyra blinked, looking at Timothy over her shoulder.

"Travel with him. See all those wonders, all that death."

Tyra bit her lip "Honestly? I like it. Like being around him. He showed me a lot of things and helped me more than I would ever be able to help him."

"I don't think so," Tim denied "I saw you in the watch."

"Did you now?"

The boy nodded "At first, I was afraid of you. You and Mr Smith but... He really is magnificent, isn't he?"

Tyra smiled "He's fantastic," she agreed, stopping at a cross in the road "Where to now? I've never been to that cottage."

"Over there," Tim pointed to the dark outline of a cottage in the darkness of the night. He sped up, hurrying over to the closed door.

Tyra tilted her head, hearing muffled voices inside "And that's what you want me to become?" John scoffed.

"They're in there," she nodded, knocking lightly.

Everything inside froze "What if it's them?" Joan whispered.

Martha snorted "I'm not an expert but I don't think scarecrows knock."

"Why would scarecrows knock?" Tyra asked as soon as the door was open.

Martha stepped back "Of course, you heard that. Where have you been?"

"Oh, you know," Tyra waved off, prodding Tim inside in front of her "Running around, avoiding scarecrows. I don't think I have to go out for a jog anytime soon."

As soon as she was inside, John shot forward, tilting her head up "Are you alright? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

Tyra brushed his hands off and shook her head "No. I was avoiding them, leading some of the scarecrows away from the school. I don't think it worked, though."

Tim stepped forward when John made to say something in protest "I brought you this."

Martha looked from the boy to Tyra, causing her to shrug "He took it from his room, apparently."

"Hold it," Martha urged, nodding to the watch.

John shook his head, taking a couple of steps away "I won't."

"Please," Martha pleaded "Just hold it."

"It told me to find you," Tim explained, still holding out the watch "It wants to be held."

Joan frowned at the boy "You've had this watch all this time? Why didn't you return it?"

"Because it was waiting." Tim's tone was defensive. Tyra placed a calming hand on his shoulder. Neither Martha nor she blamed him. If that was what the Doctor wanted, then he would have found a way to return to John. Tim looked at her uncertainly "And because I was so scared of the Doctor."

"Why?"

Tim shrugged "Because I've seen him. He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun."

"Stop it," John snapped.

"He's ancient and forever," Timothy continued "He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe."

John clenched his hands "Stop it. I said stop it."

"And he's wonderful," Tim finished.

Joan pulled out the journal "I've still got this. The journal."

"Those are just stories," John shook his head.

"They're not," Tyra whispered, holding her hand out for the book "This is his life, John. Our life."

John looked up at her "You knew all this time," he accused "You knew that I was... I was this man."

"I did," Tyra nodded "But you're not him, John. You're you, while the Doctor is the Doctor. There are a lot of similarities but you're different people."

------------------------------------------------------

Outside, there was a big bang, causing the cottage to shake violently. Martha hurried to the window "What the hell?" From Tyra's place in the middle of the room, she could see the night light up as fireballs fell to Earth a little way away.

"They're destroying the village," Joan gasped.

"The watch," John breathed, grabbing it from Tim's hands.

Tyra held out her hands, stopping him from going anywhere "What are you doing?"

"Can you hear it?" Tim asked, looking at the man curiously. Tyra could barely make out a voice. Nothing like the feeling she got earlier when the watch was open. This time, there was only undecipherable murmuring.

John licked his lips, looking at his hands "I think he's asleep. Waiting to awaken."

"Why did he speak to me?"

"Oh." And even this one word was just so... Doctor. This was him, not John "Low-level telepathic field. You were born with it. Just an extrasynaptic engram causing..." He broke off with a huge gasp "Is that how he talks?"

"That's him," Martha laughed happily "All you have to do is open it and he's back."

Tyra closed her eyes at her words. While they were true, she was forgetting one very important thing. Something that Tyra couldn't forget. Not now. She owed him that much. John Smith was alive. Oh, so very alive and it was unfair to ask him to open the watch, to practically kill himself to bring the Doctor back.

John looked at Martha with a look of shocked realization "You knew this all along and yet you watched while Miss Tyra and I..." His head turned to her "You knew. Why – How could you do that?"

"I didn't plan on it," Tyra murmured "I really, really didn't. But you're so similar to him and I just couldn't." She looked down "I was trying to stay away from you and when that didn't work, I just... I'm really sorry, John. I know that it's unfair to ask you to..."

John gritted his teeth "So you just expect me to die?"

"It was always going to end, though," Martha argued "The Doctor said the Family's got a limited lifespan and that's why they need to consume a Time Lord. Otherwise, three months and they die. Like mayflies, he said."

Tyra closed my eyes in pain. She didn't want John to die but she also wanted to have the Doctor back. There was no right way in this. One way or another, someone would die. Either it was John Smith or it was the Doctor if John gave the Family the watch. Tyra glanced from Martha to John before walking over to join Joan by the window. The woman was leafing through the journal, hoping to find something useful. Maybe there was something. Tyra didn't read through it completely, mostly the parts where John had written about us, about their talks.

"Are you alright?" Joan asked, studying her intently.

"I don't know," Tyra murmured, leaning against the wall next to her "Is it bad that I want the Doctor back? I don't want John to leave but..."

Joan tilted her head "But you've loved the Doctor for longer."

"Yeah," she nodded before looking over at the man "But I still think that I messed up. I shouldn't have gotten close to John. He doesn't deserve any of this just because he happened to share a body with the Doctor.

"People are dying out there," Martha shouted, startling Tyra a little "They need him and Ty and I need him. Because you've got no idea of what he's like. I've only just met him. It wasn't even that long ago but he is everything. He's just everything to..." Martha looked at Tyra "You just have to change back. If not for me, then do it for Tyra."

"Martha," she spoke up, shaking her head "I –"

An explosion sounded close by "It's getting closer," Tim whispered.

All of a sudden, John perked up "I should have thought of it before. I can give them this. Just the watch. Then they can leave and I can stay as I am."

"You can't do that," Martha snapped.

"If they want the Doctor, they can have him."

Tyra swallowed "You can't." She glanced to the others "Could you... Could you give us a moment? I think John and I should talk." Tim and Martha nodded, walking out with Joan following behind "John, if you give them the watch, they would live forever. There is a reason that the Doctor went this far to keep them from getting to him." His eyes welled up and Tyra stepped a little closer, pulling him into a hug "I'm really sorry. I hate asking anything like this from you. I really do like you in your own way."

"Will he love you?" John asked quietly, tears still falling onto the fabric of her dress.

Tyra licked her lips "I think he will. Actually, no. I know that he already does. I know that he does and I love him too. We just admitted it a couple of months ago and got together a few days before the Family found us." It was weird to admit it to him because there was a high chance that he would remember if John decided to open the watch "It's your decision, John. I can't take that from you but I ask that you consider everything." Tyra placed her hand on top of the one that was holding the watch.

Vision

Tyra gasped in surprise when she saw John kissing her, while she was wearing a wedding dress.

-------

John holding a baby, looking down at Tyra on the bed. Her heart clenched when she thought about this. This was never going to happen thanks to her mother. Tyra wasn't sure whether she would have wanted children but... Now she didn't have a choice.

------

John was lying on his death bed as an old man, holding her hand "They're all safe, aren't they?" he rasped "The children, the grandchildren. Everyone's safe?"

"Everyone's safe," Tyra heard herself say "And they all send their love, John."

John smiled a little "Well, it's time. Thank you." With that, he closed his eyes and drifted off.

End Vision

Tyra opened her eyes to John's gasp "Did you see?"

"Yeah, but John..." Tyra started.

"The Doctor would never be able to have a life like that, would he?" John challenged.

Tyra shook her head "No, he couldn't. But then again, neither could I."

"What?"

"John, what you dreamed about me," she licked her lips and looked up at him "I'm not human. I can't age, can't have children. We could never have the life you just saw."

His shoulders dropped "I..."

"What are you going to do?" Tyra asked when it looked like he was lost in thoughts.

John didn't answer, instead pulling her closer, pressing a kiss to her lips. Halfway through, she noticed a change and broke away. The Doctor looked down at Tyra with a smile before ducking his head, kissing her again "I love you, Tyra."

"I... Yeah," Tyra breathed "I love you too."

"I have to go." He turned on his heels, hurrying out of the cottage and past the others to where the spaceship of the Family was parked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyra didn't even have any time to process what happened before Martha practically stormed in, demanding what happened. She explained everything as well as she could but internally, she was worried about what the Doctor would say. Would he be mad that she fell in love with John?

It took another explosion – This one coming from the field where the spaceship had been before the Doctor got back. He just silently appeared at the cottage "Ty, Martha, I'm going to take care of the Family. You two come and meet me by the Clarke's field, alright? I won't be long."

"Alright," Martha nodded as they watched the Time Lord disappear back into the slowly lightening sky.

"Come on," Tyra sighed, running a tired hand over her face "Let's get going."

Martha nodded, patting Tim's shoulder "Do you want to come with us to the Tardis?" Martha offered "I'm sure you'd love it."

"Maybe," Tim murmured "But... I'll meet you there. There's something I have to do first."

"Okay then."

Martha walked out and Tyra was about to follow her when she caught sight of Joan sitting on one of the chairs, her face buried in her hands "Martha? You go ahead. I'll be there as fast as I can."

"Are you sure?" Martha asked, seeing what she was talking about.

"Yeah, I am. Go." When Martha was gone, Tyra walked over to Joan, sitting down in the chair next to her "I'm sorry."

Joan looked up, her eyes a little red "What could you possibly be sorry for? You didn't make John open the watch. You didn't make him love you instead of me."

"I –" Tyra closed her eyes. She wasn't good at comforting people. Children, to an extent but women? Yeah, no "I think John could have had an amazing life with you if that makes you feel any better. I would have never been able to give him what he truly wanted."

"What do you mean?" Joan asked.

Tyra gestured to the book on the table "You read the book. I think it said some things about me in there. I wish I could make you feel any better but... I can't. The only thing I can do is to promise that you won't have to see him again."

"Why are you even talking to me?" Joan asked after a few moments of silence "I wasn't exactly nice to you or Martha."

"Because I know how it feels to get left in the dust," Tyra told her quietly "It will hurt for a while but you'll move on. I'm sure of it. You're a strong woman, Joan. I know that you will be fantastic. Maybe even more so than the Doctor." She got up from the chair and placed her head on Joan's shoulder "Do you know what I think? I think that you should keep this." Tyra pressed the journal into her hands and smiled "To remind you that you can do everything you wish to do. That you're stronger than you give yourself credit for."

Joan looked at the book for a moment before she smiled "Thank you."

"You're more than welcome," she nodded "So, this is goodbye, then."

"I mean it, Tyra. Thank you for talking to me. John was never mine, I can see that clear as day but from what I've seen. You and the Doctor... Don't let him go. Even if you're scared."

Tyra inclined her head "I don't want to let him go. I will if he wishes it after finding out what I kept from him but... No, I would let him go. Let go of the life I have with him if he wants me to."

"You would sacrifice your own happiness for what he wants?"

"Yes," Tyra replied without a hesitation before turning around to walk out the door. She looked in the direction of the field before shaking her head, speeding to the school. She wanted to check up on the boys one more time before she was gone again. The whole time she watched them, she stayed in the shadows, out of sight. Once Tyra was sure that they were fine, a little shaken up but ultimately alright, she made her way to the field where the Tardis was already waiting for her.

"Is it done?" the Doctor asked when Tyra trudged through the pouring rain up to meet them.

Martha looked at her "How was she?"

"Not as bad as she could have been," Tyra shrugged "You might not have been interested in her as John but she had feelings for you. I think she's going to appreciate the journal. Something to hold onto, you know?"

"Good," the Doctor nodded "That's good. Come on, you two. It's time we moved on."

Martha turned her head to him, the atmosphere suddenly turning awkward. Tyra wasn't sure what they had been talking about before she got back but apparently nothing good "So... Here we are then."

"There we are, yes," the Doctor returned before a smile stole its way onto his face "And I never said. Thanks for looking after me. Both of you." He pulled Martha into a hug before doing the same to Tyra.

"Doctor. Martha. Tyra," Tim called from the bottom of the small hill. Tyra turned in the Doctor's embrace, his arms still wrapped around her comfortably.

"Tim Timothy Timber," the Doctor grinned.

Tim came to a stop in front of them "I just wanted to say goodbye. And thank you. Because I've seen the future and I now know what must be done." He paused, shuffling in the wet mud "It's coming, isn't it? The biggest war ever."

Martha put a hand on his shoulder "You don't have to fight."

"I think we do," Tim shook his head.

"But you could get hurt."

Timothy laughed "Well, so could you two, travelling around with him but it's not going to stop you."

The Doctor tightened his arms a little before slipping one of his hands into his pocket "Tim, I'd be honoured if you'd take this." He handed the fob watch over, watching the boy closely.

"I can't hear anything," Tim exclaimed in surprise.

"No," the Doctor agreed "It's just a watch now. But keep it with you. For good luck."

Martha grabbed him in a tight hug "Look after yourself." She pressed a small kiss to his cheek before going into the Tardis to finally escape the rain.

The Doctor sent Tim a grin "You'll like this bit," he advised, walking through the open door as well.

Tyra smiled at Timothy in front of her "Be careful out there." She looked over her shoulder "And kick some butt for me, would you?" As soon as she closed the door behind her, the Tardis dematerialised and they were back to their normal lives.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

8.8K 154 22
(ORIGINAL VERSION) Losing the person you love is hard enough but losing your whole family, that's enough for a person to want blood on their hands. *...
20.7K 634 35
She goes by many names. The adventurer, the genius; A liar, a truth seeker. But in the end, all of that won't matter any more. Why? The universe is...
3.6K 207 3
Most know Klaus Mikaelson as the Original to be feared, one mostly not seen because those who see "him" are dead. Most don't know Klaus is a woman. N...