In a Month βœ“

By ishitabhattbhatt

[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an ap... More

In A Month
character aesthetics + playlist.
Prologue
Day 1 Arrival
Day 2 Break-fast
Day 3 Softie
Day 4 Lunch
Day 5 Blunder
Day 6 Sorry
Day 7 Sofa
Day 8 Annoying
Day 10 Sink
Day 11 Like
Day 12 Feelings
Day 13 Alcohol
Day 14 Creep
Day 15 Kisses
Day 16 Books
Day 17 Fever
Day 18 Date
Day 19 Scars
Day 20 Piku
Day 21 Play
Day 22 Clothes
Day 23 Love
Day 24 Proposal
Day 25 Date
Day 26 One
Day 27 Room
Day 28 Shopping
Day 29 Understand
Day 30 Departure
Epilogue
Day 248 Bonus 1
Day 2000 Bonus 2
Deleted/Replaced Part Day 18
spin-off, other books and thank you note

Day 9 Reassurance

14.6K 1K 46
By ishitabhattbhatt

Day 9

Even today Vansh was not acting like himself. There was something wrong about him which I was not able to understand. He didn't eat his breakfast, was not talking at all during lunch, and was working the entire day.

I tried to start the conversation but all my efforts went in vain. Now if I wanted him to speak, I had to do something different. Maybe then he would kind of shout or say something as to what was wrong?

I prepared a tray of good food for him. Aalo Pharata, Dahi and lassi. I took the tray and went to the study room. I knocked on the door and waited for the response.

After waiting for 2 seconds and getting no reply, I decided to go in. The sight in front of me was as expected. Vansh was doing his work wearing pajamas and a t-shirt.

I took a long breath and marched towards the table, and kept the tray on the table. More like smashed it on the table. He jumped and was taken aback. He narrowed his eyes on me.

I was beyond angry at that point. Who the hell did he think of himself. First, he would act weird and then get angry at me?

Oh no. You don't get to do that.

"If you are done working on these VERY IMPORTANT things, here, eat some food. Hope you have some time for this unimportant thing" I smiled mockingly at him and then gave him a blank look.

"I am not hungry." He said in a monotone, gave me a blank look, and started working.

Was he for real? Angry was an understatement.

"I made this food and you have to eat it" I stared down at him.

"I am not hungry"

"I don't care," I shouted.

"I AM NOT EATING" he shouted back.

"Fine then. Don't eat" I took the tray and marched towards the kitchen. I kept the plate on the counter and went to my room.

After changing from the blue top to my favourite oversized t-shirt and letting my hair down, I went to take a walk around the place. The place where we were staying was really close to the beach, but there were some trees in the way towards the beach from the building, and also some benches.

I went to the beach and sat on the sand for a few minutes. The sun was about to set. There was no one like me on the beach. Everyone else was either with their family or friends. My anger turned into remorse, sadness.

Vansh was suddenly acting so cold towards me, it hurt me a lot. He even shouted at me, making me feel unnecessary and at fault when I was not. I blinked back my brimming tears and kept looking at the sky above me.

****

Sitting there, I saw a dog passing from there. That dog looked so sad and alone. He kept his head and ears down. I called him by whistling. That sweet boy raised his head and saw me and came running towards me.

I sat on my knees and started petting him. He was a brown coloured dog with brown eyes. He was of average height and his fur was really soft. His eyes suddenly lit up as I started petting him. My heart melted and a genuine smile took over my face.

He had a brown coloured collar on his neck. I checked his tag and it had his name and phone number of his owner. Max. His name was Max.

"Hey Max, are you lost, sweet boy? Don't worry I'll help you" I said to him like I was talking to a kid.

I decided to call his owner and let him know that his Max was fine. But then I realised that I forgot to bring my phone with me.

So Responsible

I looked around me and there was a man looking at his phone. I decided to ask that guy to lend me his phone to call Max's owner.

"Come with me, Max" That sweet dog was so well mannered. He came with me towards the man. The man must be in his late 20s or early 30s. He was well built and looked good. He wore a loose white t-shirt and light brown shorts.

"Excuse me" I called him.

His head rose up and the expressions on his face were of worry. His eyebrows were furrowed and mouth a bit agape. He looked worried. As soon as he looked up at me, his eyes landed on Max.

"Max my boy." He cried out in relief. Max went near his legs and sat there, while the man was petting him. After a few seconds, he turned his attention back towards me.

"Thank you so much. Max can be a little cheeky sometimes." He smiles.

"No need to thank me. I was actually going to ask you for your phone to call his owner but turns out it's you" I say mirroring his expression.

"By the way nice to meet you, I am Mayank." He extended his hand to me. I was going to hold his hand but suddenly another hand enclosed Mayank's hand.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm her husband." My face turns to him in a lightning motion and I to say I was shocked would be an understatement. Mayank was amused but shook his hand anyway.

"Where are you living here....." he trailed off hinting us to tell our names.

"Ahaana and Vansh." Vansh Gritted out.

"We are staying in a nearby building," I said trying to warn Vansh and not wanting Mayank to feel awkward. He was about to say something but Max started pulling him.

"I think he is hungry, we need to leave," he said, smiling at me.

"He does look hungry" I laugh. "Bye Sweet boy," I said to Max, and he barked. "Bye Mayank"

"Bye Ahaana and Vansh. See you around" he flashed us a grin and went away with Max.

"We rather not" Vansh growled once Mayank was out of earshot.

I sighed, turned around, and walked towards the place where we were living.

"Are you crazy? Did you go outside without your phone with you at this time? It is so dark. You do not know anyone here. I was so worried about you. Are you even listening?" he walked by my side and started angrily talking to me.

"Worried? For me? You must have work. You should be worried about that." I say in a duh tone, roll my eyes and sit on a bench in the way with my hands crossed on my chest.

"Don't you roll your eyes on me. You also did not eat. Why are you being so damn hard?" he said sitting on the bench with me. My nostrils flared at this.

"What do you mean by me being hard? Why are you being hard? You did not talk to me the entire day, gave me a cold shoulder and when I made food for YOU, you did not eat but instead yelled at me and now you're asking me why am I being hard? WOW." I shot back.

He sighed.

"Look I am sorry okay? I was just in a bad mood. Now can we please go back? You also need to eat." He said gently but I was beyond angry at him.

"You go. I will come after some time." I tell him not, looking at him. Him saying a simple sorry was not going to make everything alright.

"I am not going without you."

"FINE THEN. SIT HERE." I practically throw my hands up.

"When did you last eat?" he asked, trying to start a conversation but I was in no mood to talk to him.

"I don't remember" I reply emotionlessly

"Um okay....What did you do all day?" He asked again, trying to keep up.

"Whatever" I huffed.

"Am I really being that clingy?" he asked, more as he complained.

"Where did this come from?" I sat up straight and looked at him in disbelief.

"You were talking on the phone yesterday. I heard it." He said looking at his legs.

"So, you hear something and then believe it. You will not talk to me?" I ask him more as I accuse him.

"I was tired and then I heard it and I.." he trailed off.

"SO you assumed? This is not an excuse Vansh." I say, a bit disappointed.

He looked at his hands near his knees and did not say anything. I almost thought he was crying because he sniffed until he said something. But he did not. He held it back.

"I know."

I had seen him cry once. He cried in front of me once when he was in my room. He came to my house from work directly to eat. His mother was in the hospital. He was so worried about her. His tear slid on his cheek and he wiped off as fast as it slid down.

The other time he was extremely insecure when he made all the arrangements of a function, namely, our engagement. He remorsefully looked down the same way as he was doing now when a stupid relative pointed out a silly mistake.

Asshole Relative. I know.

Vansh also had insecurity issues. He needs reassurance, just like me. I curse the one who made him lose confidence in him. Then I held his hand, told him everything would be okay, and rested my head on his shoulder.

This time I hugged him sideways. My encircled his shoulders and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he said slowly.

"It's okay" I reassured him.

"I will make it up to you." He whispered again and rested his head on top of mine.

"I know you would."

****

Hey Potatoes <3

Thank you for reading. I hope you like it.

Thank you for reading my story. It means the world to me!

Vote + Comment and add the book to your library to never miss an update.

Ishita :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 18.3K 34
Anusha Kapoor, 25 year old, has completed her education and is currently working as an IT Recruiter in a MNC from past 1 year. She is Smart, witty, c...
108K 6K 41
Are you looking for arranged marriages with a little bit of drama but a lot of romance? Then you came to the right stop.... ________________________...
144K 7.7K 43
When Neha's parents decided to marry her off. She does not have any option other than marrying him. But when he didn't talk to her atleast for once...