Death Note || Phan

Por HelloAnonymousWriter

Death Note with a twist. Imagine if the Death Note had fallen into the UK and was picked up by a certain Brit... Más

~ Chapter 01 ~
~ Chapter 02 ~
~ Chapter 03 ~
~ Chapter 04 ~
~ Chapter 05 ~
~ Chapter 06 ~
~ Chapter 07 ~
~ Chapter 09 ~
~ Chapter 10 ~
~ Chapter 11~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~ Chapter 13 ~
~ Chapter 14 ~
~ Chapter 15 ~
~ Chapter 16 ~
~ Chapter 17 ~
~ Chapter 18 ~
~ Chapter 19 ~

~ Chapter 08 ~

2.5K 199 163
Por HelloAnonymousWriter

Chapter 08

Words: 1794

Dan yawned, cracking his back. Phil was coming back that day and Dan already felt a spring in his step as he walked to the kitchen to make breakfast. He popped two bits of bread in the toaster and poured a glass of orange juice.

"You seem awfully cheerful today." Ryuk commented. 

Dan didn't reply, knowing full well the cameras could be placed in his kitchen too. He walked into the living room and switched the TV on, flicking through channels and stopping on The Big Bang Theory. He was about to settle down when he heard the pop of his toast.

He jumped back to his feet and slid the two pieces out, lathering it in butter. He put them on a plate, grabbed his glass of juice and settled down on the couch.

"I'll ask Ryuk to take one more check later and see if the camera's leave. I still think L's making a decision as quick as he can so the camera's should be out soon. If they're still there later I'll have to find a way to write down some more criminals without Phil seeing." Dan thought, taking a bite out of his breakfast.

~

Phil watched as Dan sat down on their sofa, settling his toast on his lap and watching a TV program. Dan took a bite out of his golden toast, greasy crumbs coating his plump, luscious lips-

Phil stood up, shutting his eyes and running a hand through his hair. Something was definitely wrong with him. He needed to stop having this petty crush on his best friend, it only makes everything harder in more ways than one.

"Should I be taking the cameras out today Ryuzaki?" Jim asked.

"Yes Jim, as quick as convenient to you." Phil smiled gratefully. 

The others on the Task Force then entered the room, taking place on the sofa. The TV's with the camera footage remained on. They'd have to go through the tapes later to double check.

"Right ... Tim. Was there anything?" Phil asked.

"No, none of them watched TV or the news on any other device. I-"

"Ryuzaki!" Jim interrupted.

"Hm?"

"Something seems to be happening, on the BBC news." He explained. Phil grabbed the remote, switching off all the TV's and turning on the main one. He then switched to the BBC news channel.

TV~"-in other words, all the reporters and staff here are Kira's hostages. Aside from that we have a professional obligation to share this message with you. I assure you that this is not a hoax and that the BBC is not airing this tape for the purposes of sensationalism.-"

"Kira's hostages?" Tim asked, frowning at the screen. Phil narrowed his eyes.

"What is this?" wondered Joe.

TV~"-four days ago our program director at the BBC received four tapes. After thorough examination there could be no doubt that they are from Kira himself. The first tape we received contained a prediction, regarding the time of death of two suspected criminals who'd recently been arrested and as predicted, the exact time that Kira had specified, both men died suddenly of heart attacks, yesterday."

"If what they're saying is true, it's clearly something only Kira could do." Phil thought.

TV~"-Kira has instructed us to air the second tape today at exactly 9.59am, and we do tend to comply with his demands. This tape should offer proof of his powers by predicting yet another death. Beyond that we understand that it contains a message to all the people of the world, from Kira."

Eyes widened all around the room. Phil glanced at the top right hand corner of the screen. 9.57.

"This HAS to be another fake. Don't you think?" Alfie exclaimed. 

"I doubt it." Joe replied, biting his lip, "I'm pretty sure they wouldn't stoop that low." He added.

TV~"And now, the video ..."

There was a sound of shuffling paper and a cough as the person readied themselves to speak. Everyone watched intently, goosebumps forming and hair rising.

TV~"I am kira. If this video is being aired on April 18th at exactly 9.59 am, as I requested, then please turn the channel to ITV News. The News Anchor, Mr Bradley will die of a heart attack at exactly 10 o'clock."

Everyone gasped. "What?" Joe exclaimed, looking horrified. 

"Change the channel!" Phil ordered and Jim switched to ITV News. As predicted Mr Bradley was laid back on his chair, looking limp and lifeless.

"It can't be!" Tim gawped.

"The bastard." Alfie growled. "How could he?"

"Change it back!" Phil demanded, feeling stressed. "Turn on five more TVs and connect them to other news networks, quickly."

TV~"-I will now present you with my next victim. It is News Anchor, John Gregory, who's scheduled to appear in a live broadcast. He too has tried to defy Kira!"

"Ryuzaki?"

"Change to Sky News." As before people were rushing about as John Gregory collapsed onto the desk, body limp. Phil sighed in frustration, "Please change it back."

TV~"-Now that you've seen proof of my powers, you should have no trouble believing that I am Kira."

"Kira said that he was going to send a message to the people of the world." Phil thought. "We need to stop this broadcast!" Phil suddenly exclaimed. Joe and Tim went about phoning into BBC News.

"They're not picking up! There's no one at reception!" Joe panicked.

"Ugh, let ME do it!" Alfie growled and ran out the room and down the stairs to the police car.

TV~"People of the world, please listen to me. The last thing I want to do is kill the innocent. I hate evil and love justice. I've always thought of the police as allies, not as enemies."

"Damn you Kira." Phil thought.

~

TV~"I intend to create a new world. A perfect world that is free from evil. If you're willing to join me in my mission, I know we can make it happen. And as long as no one tries to catch me, I promise that the innocent will not die. Even if you don't agree with me, all I ask is that you not publicize your views in the media. If you can do that, you will be spared. All you have to do now is be patient. I will create a better world that we can all enjoy. Say goodbye to the world as you know it, soon we'll have a new world inhabited by kind, hard-working and honest people. Try to imagine it, a world where the police and I work together and secure your safety."

"Interesting." Thought Dan, as he watched it from a shop window along with several others. The TV cut to a different channel.

TV~"We interrupt this program to bring you live to BBC studios. Officer Alfie Deyes tried to break into the studio to prevent the broadcast but suddenly collapsed to the floor. It looks like he's had a heart attack but we haven't checked for sure since it doesn't seem safe." 

"Wait ... " Dan narrowed his eyes.

"Haha, looks like there's a second Kira and they have the shinigami eyes." Ryuk commented, saying exactly what was on Dan's mind."

~

The task force, along with other members of the police eventually did manage to stop the broadcast and one thing was prodding at Phil's mind. They had recovered four tapes about Kira asking for police co-operation. If the police said yes and agreed to co-operate with Kira, tape 3 would be played. However, if they said no, tape 4. The first tape was Kira's threat to the BBC and tape 2 was the announcement that was played on TV.

"As proof that the police were willing to co-operate, he wants police officials and L to appear on TV, to make a public announcement that we plan to co-operate with him."

Every one in the room looked down with grave faces. Losing Alfie was bad and things were just getting worse.

"He needs us to reveal our faces. That way, he can kill us if the police do anything suspicious. In other words, he'll hold our lives as insurance." Phil finished, staring intently at the static on the screen.

"I see ... and if we were to say no?" Mr Howell asked.

"It's been reworded but it's pretty much the same thing. Mr Howell, it should go without saying that the answer is no. Please have someone take tape number 4 over to the BBC and authorize them to broadcast it.

~

"There are no more camera's Dan! I'm positive. CAN I HAVE AN APPLE NOW?!" Ryuk asked in irritation.

"Chill your boots Ryuk." Dan chuckled and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl, chucking it to Ryuk who ravished it in seconds. 

"Aah, I feel so much better." He sighed.

Dan sat down on the sofa, pulling out his phone to see a text from Phil. He smiled, feeling his heart beat pick up a little. 

"Will be back later, sorry! Mum wanted me to help her go choose wallpaper for the new house :( See you soon though :)

~Phil"

Dan felt his heart sink a little. He wanted to spend his afternoon with Phil. He had a perfect video game montage thought out and watching some Netflix for the evening. He sighed and turned the TV on to the news.

TV~"I can only say, it's a shame that your answer is no. It's clear that the police wish to oppose me. This will not go unpunished. So, I'll start by taking the lives of either the director general of Police or the detective known as L, who's currently leading the investigation against me. The director general or L. Who will pay the price for your refusal to co-operate in the creation of a peaceful world. You have 4 days to decide."

"So, it appears as if another shinigami has dropped their Death Note into this world and it looks like it's fallen into the hands of someone who agrees with Kira. This person most definitely had the shinigami eyes judging by what we saw today. It makes them very deadly. His power to kill surpasses even mine."

"Looks like it." Ryuk cackled.

"One thing is for certain. If I leave things, I'm pretty sure that L will be finished off within the next four days. However ... I can't forgive this imposter for the way he's ruining Kira's image with these senseless killings. Not to mention, if he slips up and gets caught, the death note could be discovered and that I cannot allow. I can't afford to leave them alone for much longer.

"And how are you going to do that?" Ryuk asked.

"I'll work it out." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~HelloAnonymousWriter~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

109K 2.6K 20
Maybe it's better sometimes to keep suspicions to yourself?. . . You made the mistake of admitting to Light that you thought he was Kira. Now Light's...
683 49 19
Charlie has never been happy. When things around her are perfect, it doesn't take long for them to come crashing back down again. But the things taki...
31.9K 982 67
Dan Howell has Just moved to America with his best friend Phil Lester. They Happen to live in your neighborhood. Your Mom makes you go to their house...
2.2K 84 14
A girl by the name of Dāku is friends with Light Yagami, though she doesn't know that he's the serial killer Kira. When L thinks that she's Kira what...