The Alpha Academy

By muxiro

"No matter where you run, I'll always be at the other side, tesoro," he softly whispers. My eyes slowly close... More

i
ii
chapter 01
chapter 02
chapter 03
chapter 04
chapter 05
chapter 06
chapter 07
chapter 08
chapter 09
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15 | part 1
chapter 15 | part 2
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27 - part 1
chapter 27 - part 2
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37 - part 1
chapter 37 - part 2
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50

chapter 24

26.7K 722 373
By muxiro

"We all deserve second chances, but not for the same mistake." - Thabiso Owethu Xabanisa

24.

In order to catch the culprits of Zach's murder, we decided to arrange a meeting with each pack's representatives. It was to be held at The Academy as the area was deemed neutral territory. Jeremy, the leader of Rogues, was also invited.

We all had lived through three peaceful years - there had been no interference or attacks in anyone's territory. All packs, even the Rogue community, had signed a treaty to refrain from attacking each other after the losses everyone endured in the last war. Almost half of the Southern pack got wiped out. It was decided then and there that it was foolish to fight against each other as it posed a threat to the future generation of wolves. It was better to let the species of wolves grow and develop peacefully, and focus our attention on outside risks such as human hunters.

"Evening everyone," Alpha Lennon started after clearing his throat, "as you all know, we are gathered here to investigate the murder of Zack Alejandro."

My eyes swept over the table, taking in the attendees of the meeting. Alpha Lennon and his beta Liam, Alpha Carlos and his beta Vince, Jonathan, Josh, Tyler, Jeremy and his son Xavier, ex-Alpha Chris and their new beta Aiden.

"Where's Ethan?" Jonathan mind-linked the unasked question running inside my head.

I looked at him and gave him a careless shrug.

"Let's begin by compiling all the information we have gathered till now. Then we'll move on from there."

As Alpha Lennon was about to sit in his seat, a powerful push opened the door.

"I hope I'm not late...,"

Ethan entered the room. His scent wafted inside my nose, waking each nerve ending of my body. I noticed it wasn't as strong as before. That only meant one thing - he was still wearing the silver to suppress his wolf.

My wolf let out a sad howl and retreated back in my mind, unable to fathom the pain her other half was going through.

Unconciously, my gaze went over his body. A grey sweater hid his broad shoulders which supported a wide, well-muscled chest, and long muscular legs were encased in black jeans. I forced my eyes to his face. His thick, midnight black hair spilled out of the hat he was wearing, a few unconquered curls stuck to his nape. A light stubble graced his chiseled face. The raw and intense sexual appeal he radiated demanded everyone's attention the room.

I gulped as his piercing grey eyes connected with mine. The tension in the room instantly increased as all eyes went from Ethan to me, waiting for me to make a move.

I let out a slow and controlled breath as I tried to calm my body. There was an internal war happening in my mind. At one side, I wanted to kick him out of the room but then on the other side, I wanted to let him join the meeting for he might have something significant which could contribute to the investigation.

Deciding I should rise above my own personal problems, I moved my gaze to the file placed in front of me, silently giving him my permission, not that he needed it, to attend the meeting.

The hardboard creaked under his firm footsteps as I felt him move from my peripheral vision. I still felt everyone's heated gaze on me. Frustrated, I looked up and narrowed my eyes at them, which caused all of them to immediately start looking elsewhere.

Ethan took a seat right next to Tyler, who I noticed had his jaw clenched and was tightly holding the armrest of his chair.

Once everyone was settled, the meeting began. We went through all the information that was gathered by each pack's trackers. There wasn't much to start the investigation with since there was no concrete evidence or witnesses to interview. The closest thing we had to a witness was Elliot and he was nowhere to be found.

It was unnerving how Ethan remained silent throughout the meeting. He only passed a nod for his approval and a shake for disapproval. I should've been thanking him for not stirring up any drama but I don't know why, deep down, his choice to suppress his opinions irked me.

Shaking my head, I focused on the matter at hand. The next step was to go through the forensic reports and crime scene photos which proved quite tough for me. Watching your brother lying in a pool of his own blood with a plethora of scars marring his entire body wasn't something anyone wanted to experience.

His photos lay scattered on the polished table. My hands trembled as I brought one of the photos closer to me. My hand made its way to my mouth as I felt sick to the stomach. Mositure began to pool in my eyes while they silently observed the picture.

"You can take a break if you want," Jonathan nudged me in the arm, a concerned look on his face.

Focus, Vivian. Focus.

I closed my eyes and cleared my throat to dislodge the lump that was making it harder for me to breath, "No, I need to do this."

Two hours flew by as we discussed each and every point. The meeting was concluded after we attempted to create an accurate timeline of Zack's day. Everyone gathered their belongings and bid farewell to each other, ready to head back to their packs.

"Jonathan, I need to visit the place where Zack was found, possibly by today."

He nodded, "Sure, Alpha. Let me get it through Chris and I'll get bac-"

"I'll take her," a low and dark voice interuppted us. "The location is in my pack anyways."

Across the table, his grey eyes connected with mine.

"Then I'll join too," I felt someone stand beside me. I looked up and found Tyler with his arms crossed.

"No, you won't," he firmly answered, leaving no room for argument.

"Why not?" he challenged nonetheless, and took a step forward, his eyes darkening immediately.

"Because I am the Alpha, and I deny your entry to my pack," He responded, his voice deep and hoarse. Then his eyes shifted towards me, those deep pools of dark-grey swirls seized the depth and heaviness of one thousand untold stories,  "I'll meet you at the pack borders."

With that said, he left the room.

----

Sitting in my office, I kept on going over and over all the forensic reports, information and details in hopes of finding a clue which will bring me closer to the culprits.

I sat there for Goddess knows how many hours but was unable to find any lead.

There had to be something which we failed to notice.

Come on Goddess, give me a sign.

Frustrated, I stood up and aggressively pushed my chair away. It slammed against the wall and turned upside down. I cringed when I noticed that two of its leg broke.

Must've pushed it with a little too much force.

My eyes nervously flicked towards the door when a firm knock broke my concentration.

"Someone's here to meet you, Alpha," Jonathan entered. His eyes closed on the chair as he stepped aside to let the guest enter.

Elliot walked in, his hair hidden beneath a beanie.

"Elliot," I gasped and immediately got up to meet him. "Where have you been?"

He walked forward and gave me a hug.

"I think I should ask you that question," he smirked when I narrowed my eyes at him. "But as for me, I was here and there... if you didn't hear it from anyone, your mate kicked me out of the pack," he continued nonchalantly, grabbing a cherry flavoured jolly rancher from my table and popping it in his mouth.

I flinched at the use of the word 'mate' but no matter how much I tried to avoid the relationship between Ethan and I, it could not be avoided.

We are mates until he decides to reject me.

"But can't say I regret the reason why he kicked me out," Elliot whispered low enough for me to hear.

I punched his shoulder as my faced burned crimson.

"Come sit," I gestured towards the chair and then looked at Jonathan, "Jonathan would you be kind enough to prepare a room for Elliot. He will be our guest for a few days."

Elliot was quick to refuse but after a while, he surrendered and agreed.

"And I need a new chair... kinda broke that one," I scrunched my nose and pointed towards the corner where the chair lay dejected.

After Jonathan left us to ourselves, I perched myself on top of the desk as Elliot and I fell in an idle conversation, talking about the randomest of things. From the weather to pack business, to my Dad's health, but then the topic quickly transferred to the matter at hand.

"You must know the reason why I'm here... I want to help you Vivian," he leaned forward and grabbed my hand which was lightly tapping on the desk. "I found Zack that day," he paused and pursued his lips, "I was the only one who was there. I am sorry I wasn't able to do anything. I was too late, he was already..." he looked down, his eyes not connecting with mine.

I placed my other hand on top of his and squeezed, "Elliot, it is not your fault."

"My conscious doesn't allow me to forgive myself. I thought I might find some peace if I helped you in finding those bastards."

Maybe he can lead us to the culprits; he was there that day after all. He was the only one who knows what actually happened. Maybe he is the one who will bring us closer to the clue we were desperately seeking for.

I looked into his eyes and passed him a grateful smile, "Your help would be very much appreciated, Elliot."

----

"Great," he rolled his grey eyes, "of course you would bring one of the pups."

"If I'm not wrong, you only denied Tyler's entry, not mine." Josh crossed his arms, a smug smile plastered on his face.

I rolled my eyes at their childish banter.

Aiden, the new Beta stood next to Ethan. He smiled at me and bowed his head, a little further than what a standard greeting required and also noticed that he didn't do the same for Josh. Nonetheless, I acknowledged his greeting and smiled in return.

"Let's get going, shall we?" Josh gestured forward. Ethan narrowed his eyes at him but didn't say anything.

He turned around and that's when I noticed his right wrist which had a black scarf wrapped around it.

"Let's go," he spoke.

Slowly we began to walk inside the West-Moon Pack. My thoughts raced back to the time when I last entered this territory - the day he was crowned and the day we found what we meant to each other.

I shook my head, mentally scolding myself for getting distracted. I came here to find a lead, not to dwell on old memories.

Directing my gaze straight forward, I came to an abrupt halt. Ethan wasn't walking and if I hadn't looked ahead, I would've crashed straight into his back.

Why did he pause?

I glanced at Josh and Aiden who were still walking forward, not noticing that we both had discontinued walking.

Unbothered, I moved towards the side to follow them both but stopped when I noticed Aiden had ceased walking too. He looked back and silently stared at Ethan.

I was confused at the silent exchange but soon worked out that they were mind-linking each other.

Immediately thereafter, Aiden began to guide Josh towards the West pack house. I resumed walking towards their direction but stopped when his voice called me out.

"I thought you wanted to visit the crime location?"

"I do, but where are they going?" I furrowed my brows.

Ethan eyes began to sought our surroundings, refusing to make eye contact with me, "Um... there were some files that we borrowed from Alpha Lennon. I sent Aiden to return them to Josh."

I gazed back at Josh and Aiden who were nearing the pack house, unable to make a decision.

Should I offer to join them? Or go alone with him?

"What's the worse that could happen, Vivian? Don't forget we are an Alpha now." My wolf reminded me.

I turned back and nodded at him, "Fine, let's go."

We steadily began to walk, the silence stretching between us. I took out the time to observe our surroundings. I had never explored West territory before. It was very well known for its luscious greenery; a fact I could agree too, now that I was standing surrounded by it.

The trees hummed with life all around me. Soft, green grass stretched as far as the eye could see. The minty fragrance and damp earth awakened my senses. All I wanted was to take my sneakers off, run barefoot and relish the softness of the grass crunching beneath my feet. My eyes twirled around, admiring the scenic view that lay before my eyes, searching for birds that were singing sweetly.

"Wow," A breathless gasp escaped my lips. My pack had its fair share of greenery but this was something entirely different. Something right out a storybook.

Ethan's body tensed and his head turned behind, "What happened?"

Did I say it out loud?

"Its beautiful out here," I gestured towards our surrounding.

He scanned the area, a small smile forming on his face, "It is, isn't it?" His grey eyes gleamed with pride. "I am glad you like it."

I nodded at him.

It felt like we were under a magic spell, everything around us began to blur as we looked at each other, the only noise that I could hear was the laboured rhythm of my breathing. Both of us were unable to tear our gazes from each other. Heat flooded through me as Ethan decided to walk towards me.

I recognized the emptiness and longing reflecting in his grey eyes which were calling out to me.

The same trance beckoned me to walk towards him, stopping when I was a feet away from him.

That's when we heard the first violent crack of thunder.

Ethan tore his gaze from me. He looked up towards the sky, and raked his hand through his inky curls.

The lack of distance between us hit me like a bucket of iced water. I immediately stepped back and turned my face away.

"Shit," he cursed, "Stand under that shade, I'll get us an umbrella." He pointed towards a big tree.

Another thunderous boom surrounded the area. A boom like this meant that the heavens were about to let down a deluge. I said nothing to Ethan but nodded in agreement and made my way towards the shade.

He began to run in the direction of the pack house. My eyes perceived his odd gait, but then instantly fell towards his ankle which hid the silver anklets behind it.

He was going through the pain for us. To make sure he didn't mark me without my consent.

The burning pain, the lack of connection with his own wolf - all to win my approval.

The overpowering guilt sat inside my brain and took me down the old familiar path. I couldn't understand what I did to deserve this. I was the one who was kept in the dark, I was the one who had to face all the tragedies, so why am I the guilty one?

The heavens shared my grief as rain began to descend from the sky, soft and steady. The pitter patter brought me a much needed sense of comfort and peace.

My eyes fell to the mud where an object lay, buried inside the mud. One of its corner protruding out, and its shine sharply reflecting in my eyes. I knelt down and pulled it out, surprised at its coolness. The mud was obscuring any colour it once had.

What could it be?

I stood up, and brought it under the rain. After turning it over and over, I wiped the remaining mud on my jeans.

It was a pin. A small, circular gold pin with a triangle inside to be exact.

This pin... I saw it somewhere before. But where?

I closed my eyes, trying hard to concentrate on why the pin seemed so familiar but a dark voice called out for my attention.

"Here."

My eyes fluttered open. With great caution, I hid the pin inside my jean pocket and turned around. Ethan stood with an umbrella over his head, his hand stretching a black raincoat towards me.

"Thank you," I breathlessly answered while simultaneously taking the coat from him and putting it on.

He brought the clear, bubble umbrella over our heads to shield us from the pelting rain. I was glad that it was a big umbrella; we were both at a safe distance from each other and still shielded from the rain.

I quietly let him guide me to the location, although throughout the way, I felt his heated gaze transfixed only on me. Not once did that burning gaze leave my face.

I refrained from making eye contact with him, refusing to have a repetition of what happened earlier.

The rain picked up pace and was now falling heavily. My eyes followed little droplets on the umbrella, which reminded me of a familiar time when Zack and I were kids and used to bet on the racing droplets.

A small smile took over my face but it fell as quickly as it came when my eyes perceived the yellow caution tape, surround a tree.

My eyes fell to the spot.

A sharp breath left my trembling lips. My whole world stood still as I recalled the photographs I saw during the meeting, my mind immediately creating a vivid image of Zack lying in his own blood now that I was on the very location. Even though it was pouring down, there was absolute stillness. Even my own breath seemed to die as soon as it left my mouth. 

Some unknown force took over me as I swiftly closed the remaining distance between me and the tape. Ethan remained behind with the umbrella when he noticed that I had pulled my hood up. I was grateful that he didn't follow. I needed a moment to myself.

I yanked the yellow tape up and went underneath it. As soon as I set foot inside, my legs gave away and I collapsed on my knees.

This is where my brother breathed his last breath.

This is where he was murdered.

My hand mindlessly caressed the earth. I gathered some of the wet mud in my hand and brought it to my chest, my tears mixing with the droplets of rain.

"I'm so sorry, brother."

Time began to dissolve into itself, as shapeless as the rain. I just wanted everything to stop. To stop moving. To stop thinking. To stop breathing.

"Vivian..."

Ethan's voice burst whatever bubble I was in. Remembering he was still there, I immediately got up and raised my hand to wipe my tears but then realised they were dirty.

To hell with tears! The droplets of rain would hide them anyways.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed his hand offering me his scarf.

I raised one of my brow.

He tilted his hand towards my dirty hands.

"It is alright..., I'll help myself," I pointed up towards the sky gesturing towards the rain.

"Just take it."

I kept majority of my face away from him as I grabbed the scarf. I didn't want him to realise that I was crying.

"Um," he cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck, "I never got the chance to pay my respects," he stepped forward.

"It is fine," I turned to the side, wiping my hands on the scarf, and was about to move even further when his voice stopped me.

"Vivian," I faltered when I heard him whisper my name with such softness. "Look at me, please."

I took in a deep breath, and with a pounding heart, turned around to face him.

"You can hide it all you want but I can still feel your pain...," he paused to take in a sharp breath, "And your pain hurts me."

Silence stretched between us, "Let me help you..."

I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at him, "Isn't it too late to say that?"

He stepped closer, "We can still give it another try."

He sounded almost hopeful.

I scoffed at his optimism. But he was relentless. He threw the umbrella to the side and walked forward to take one of my hand in his strong ones. The familiar surge of electricity that mates felt was missing because his wolf was suppressed.

A frown overtook my face.

Taking my silence as progress, he walked even closer, leaving clear to no distance between us.

His cold breath gently caressed my face.

"Give what a try, Ethan?" I spat back at him.

He brought our enclosed hands towards his chest - right next to his heart.

"Us," he gently whispered, droplets of rain cascading down his face.

As if someone burned me, I jerked my hand from his grip and stepped back a great distance.

"Are you kidding me? 'Us'?" My lips curled in disgust as I pointed my index finger back and forth for emphasis, "There is no us!"

His long legs ate up the distance and his hand once again grabbed mine. Words died on his lips as his eyes suddenly darted to the side.

My gaze followed his and saw that Aiden and Josh were now approaching us.

"Vivian, listen to me."

My eyes connected with his grey ones.

"At least give me one chance to explain. Just one."

I just stared at him, refusing to answer.

"If not for me, then give my wolf a chance... give my pack a chance. Just one chance."

My wolf whined in my head, eager to give him a chance. She missed his wolf terribly.

Ethan's eyes were too intense so I redirected them towards the silhouette of Josh who was about to reach where we were standing. A few more seconds and then they'll be able to see us in this compromising position.

My mind was at a war. There was no definitive answer that was forming in my mind.

"Tomorrow."

His voice brought my attention back to him.

"Tomorrow I'll come to your pack. Give me your permission to enter and I'll take it as a yes." A droplet of rain made its way down to his pink lips. His tongue swept over his lips, taking the droplet with it.

I gulped when my eyes met with his again. His gaze held mine intently as he leaned closer, "Just one chance."

Those same lips curled around the shell of my ear.

"Per favore."

-----------------------------------------------
A/N: Guess who's back? Back again? Haha! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I was going to break this chapter into two but decided that a longer chapter might make a few of you happy considering what's going on in the world currently.

I am eager to know which side you all are on.

Ethan?

Or Vivian?

Undecided?

Does Ethan deserve a second chance? And will Vivian give it to him?

Leave your predictions! It is very entertaining to read everyone's perspectives and point of view.

Thank you for all the lovely feedback on the previous chapters. Your support means the world to me.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share!

P.S - I hope you all are social distancing and keeping yourself safe during these terrible times. CO-VID 19 is a never-ending nightmare. I sincerely pray the world finds peace soon.

Keep praying for everyone. And most importantly, stay safe. Until then. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41.4K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
783K 20.9K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
170K 3.5K 17
"Say it Blake" Damon says forcefully, keeping my hands pinned above my head. "Say what I want to hear" "N-No Damon" I whimpered. The pain in my wrist...