The Dark Rose 🌹 {18+}

By chelseaxxm123

[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring... More

Copyright and Warning!!!
༺1༻
༺2༻
༺3༻
༺4༻
༺5༻
༺6༻
༺7༻
Character pictures: part 1
༺8༻
༺9༻
༺10༻
༺11༻
༺12༻
༺13༻
Character pictures: part 2
༺14༻
༺15༻
༺16༻
༺17༻
༺18༻
༺19༻
༺21༻
༺22༻
༺23༻
Character pictures: part 3
༺24༻
༺25༻
༺26༻
༺27༻
༺28༻
༺29༻
༺30༻
༺31༻
༺32༻
༺33༻
༺34༻
༺35༻
༺36༻
༺37༻
༺38༻
༺39༻
༺40༻
༺41༻
༺42༻
༺43༻
༺44༻
༺Epilogue༻

༺20༻

5.3K 239 15
By chelseaxxm123

'Rage — whether in reaction to social injustice, or to our leaders' insanity, or to those who threaten or harm us — is a powerful energy that, with diligent practice, can be transformed into fierce compassion.' - Bonnie Myotai Treace

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

I was surprised when Aldéric informed me that I would have to attend the Royal Court with him and stand by his side. I didn't think it was something I would be allowed to attend, given his father didn't want me here, but I suppose since I was technically Aldéric's mistress he couldn't really say no.

Aldéric had given me a floor length, shimmery, golden dress to wear for tonight and I had to say, it was really beautiful. It showcased all of my curves and ridges and went rather nicely with my light skin tone. The only thing I would have changed were my exposed breast, exploding out of the neckline, giving everyone a clear view.

What were with these vampires and exposed flesh?

Right, stupid question.

I fiddle with my hair between my fingers which has been straightened down my back whilst my other hand is holding onto Aldéric tightly for comfort. Each time we took a step closer to our destination it drew on my nerves, causing them to go haywire. I wasn't sure what went on within a Royal vampire court but Aldéric warned me there may be some aspects I wouldn't like and I wasn't too keen to find out what those aspects may be.

"Are you alright, Rosalyn?" He asked, his eyes glancing softly at me before he looked straight ahead once again.

"Yeah, just a little nervous." I admitted, giving him a small smile. We soon reached a hall that branched of onto the right, the hall lead to a grand archway that seemed to open up into a larger room.

"Just stay silent beside me and you'll be fine." He assures me but my nerves don't settle. I nod my head anyway, agreeing to do as he says as we walk beneath the archway.

My eyes instantly land on the podium at the front of the room, three thrones carved out of pure gold were centred perfectly as they looked down on the wide empty floor, connected to the podium by a few marble steps. Only a few chairs for other important vampires were placed around the very edge of the room, close to the thrones, leaving the rest of the room empty and completely open.

I grip Aldérics arm tighter, gaining his attention, "Where am I suppose to sit?" I whisper. He said I would be beside him but there was only one throne for him, leaving me to beg the question...

"On my lap." He smirks, knowing full well he didn't tell me on purpose. I narrow my eyes at him, he was such an asshole. At least it was better than having to stand the whole time and I had no idea how long these things dragged on for.

Hopefully not too long.

The chairs around the edge of the room began to fill up with well dressed vampires, they're pets alongside them on leashes as they were forced to kneel on the floor.

I caught a few of the pets attention, their eyes filled with dark emptiness, not a flicker of happiness to be seen.

I can only pray I don't become as empty as they look.

My breath soon catches in my lungs when I meet with grey eyes glaring across the room at me. Richard was obviously still pissed with me but when my eyes glance to the woman beside him, I gasp. Cora was seated beside him, her brown eyes teary as she caught my gaze and smiled sadly. That son of a bitch had took her back as his mistress, no doubt putting her through the same shit as he had when she was his mistress before.

I felt my blood boil as I averted my gaze, trying to bottle up my emotions so I didn't explode right then and there.

Aldéric lead us to the platform, If he noticed Richard staring daggers at us he didn't say anything, walking proudly to his throne and then eased himself in. He gripped my waist gently, turning me around and then pulling me down into his lap, my back resting into his chest. Aldéric leaned his head against my back, his arm snaking around my waist as his other arm rests on the arm of his throne.

I can still feel Richard glaring at the side of my face but I chose to ignore him, trying to focus on anything else.

I felt foreign sitting up here, every one looking up at us. I didn't feel as if I belonged up on the platform but I suppose I didn't really. Soon I would be replaced with Adeline, the rightful person who should really be sitting here instead of me. I had no doubt that would be very soon.

Very soon.

My thoughts go back to Cora, her expression too depressing to look at. My heart went out to her, suddenly feeling bad that because Aldéric had took me from Richard she had to go back to her former position. She must be hating me right about now.

I wish I could save her from her torture once again but that wasn't in my power to do so.

A silence soon settles over the massive hall when footsteps echo around us, the King and Queen appearing from the archway that me and Aldéric had walked through. The two of them climb the few steps and then step onto the platform, Aurélien eyeing me like I irritated him whilst Ornella shot me a fake smile, her eyes mocking me as she took a seat in her throne on the right of her husband. Aurélien's voice travels around every inch of the room as he announces, "Tonight, forty humans are on trial for plotting against us, they will be judged and punished before you."

A small gasp leaves my lips, the king granting me a sideways glance, smirking before he turns back towards the small crowd, their own smirks and excitement showing. How could they be pleased with punishing humans fighting for what I assume is their freedom? If it weren't for these vile creatures we wouldn't be treated like animals.

My gaze meets with Cora, her own fear and surprise reflecting my own. It was obvious she had never witnessed something like this either and she had lived with these beings a lot longer which meant this sort of trial was rare. I try to comfort her, offering her a little smile, it was difficult considering I was afraid too, if not more.

I grip Aldérics wrist, resting on the arm of the throne, and squeeze it tightly with fear. He understands, pulling me tighter into his chest, his hand around my waist, rubbing up and down my side soothingly. "Shhh just try to relax." He whispers softly against my ear. I do as he says, breathing in greedily to try and calm my rapid breathing and soothe my nerves.

The sounds of chains rattling echoed around the room, two men who were obviously guards from their grey uniforms and ear pieces pulled roughly on a metal chain each as they walked into the room. Connected to the chains were handcuffs which were roughly tightened around the wrists of men and woman dressed in servant uniforms, their clothes ripped and filthy. They had all been viciously beaten, dark bruises marred their skin and blood trickled from their many wounds as they came and stood before us. They were connected together through the metal chain, forcing them to stand in two separated lines behind the two guards.

How could they treat them like that?

No one deserved this kind of treatment.

I saw the fear in each and every one of their eyes, pulling on my own fear. They kept their heads held high in pride no matter if they were terrified. I envied that strength, their will to keep fighting even when they had lost.

"These slaves thought they could outsmart us!' Aurélien chuckles, the other vampires joining in, their amusement causing fresh, hot fury to pulse through my veins. "They thought they could bring us down." He paused, his eyes darkening, all humour gone from his expression as he glared at one male slave in particular.

I followed his line of sight, finding a badly beaten man in his late twenties, early thirties, standing at the front of one of the lines. His dark hair was matted to his bloodied face, his brown eyes narrowed on Aurélien with fierce hatred. His eyes didn't withhold fear like the others. It was as if he accepted his fate and didn't care. I felt a shiver run through my body when he glanced in my direction, his eyes stone-cold before they returned to Aurélien.

Aurélien gestured toward the man, "Caleb here, was the leader behind this little scandal."  Aurélien glances at the crowd, their eyes glancing towards Caleb, Caleb offering no reaction. Aurélien plays off of the vampires excitement when he says, "Tonight, he will be the first to be judged right here before all of you."

I wanted to stop this. Caleb was just trying to free his people and from how many people were here with him, he had a lot of followers. It's just a shame they had been lead to something as horrific as this, they deserve better.

The vampires begin to chant 'Kill him' repeatedly, their voices filling the room. Aurélien remains motionless, his intentions unknown as he allows the chants to continue a moment longer before raising his hand, palm up, demanding silence.

We all wait in suspense, having no clue how this is going to play out, I keep my eyes peeled on Caleb, wishing and hoping that he'll be spared rather than killed. Caleb didn't make a move to plead for his life, accepting whatever awaited him with ease, his eyes never shifting from Aurélien. He was extremely brave and bold and that might very well have been his downfall.

When Aurélien finally speaks, it wasn't what any of us were expecting, "Death would be too good for this human."

I wanted to sigh in relief but something in the pit of my stomach warned me that something more sinister was coming and the way Aldéric tensed beneath me, I feared I was right. "Instead we have someone here you might want to see." Aurélien smirked, gesturing to his guards around the outskirts of the room.

They walked towards the back of the room and out of sight for now, of to do whatever Aurélien had asked of them. My eyes shifted to Caleb, his demeanour had tensed slightly, the first clear sign of any emotion he had shown since being brought before the king.

What did King Aurélien have in store for him?

When the guards returned, my eyes and everyone else's grew wide when they dragged a girl in behind them, her own chains rattling, preventing her from escaping.

Her blonde hair is matted and knotted with dirt, her brown eyes shifting from side to side as she glances at all eyes on her. Tears are streaming down her face, her body badly beaten like the others. When Caleb turns to look, his expression drops drastically, his cold facade crashing down, revealing the horror in his eyes.

He turns his gaze on Aurélien, his expression contorting in anger, "What is the meaning of this?!"

Aurélien doesn't respond, his gaze following the girl who is being pulled past Caleb, her arms trying to reach out to grab him, "Caleb I-I'm sorry... they-" she was cut of when the guards yanked on her chains pulling her from Caleb's grasp and onto the platform beside Aurélien.

My heart goes out to them, the severity of what could happen falling on all us though it causes the vampires to smirk with delight whilst us humans watch with sadness and pity.

For some reason I feel Aldéric may not agree with his fathers doing. That's if his tense form is anything to go by.

I wonder what he's thinking.

The girl stands shakily beside Aurélien, her gaze averting from his amused stare to glance at Caleb, her gaze faltering as guilt crashes to her surface. Caleb's expression is just as guilt ridden, he's beyond terrified for her but smiles sadly, attempting to reassure her even though he knows there is nothing he can do to save her.

This is beyond heartbreaking.

I've never seen such vulnerability and hopelessness in one persons face as I did in Caleb's. Whoever this girl is, she must mean a great deal to him for Aurélien to use her against him.

Aurélien grasps the girls face between his fingers, forcing her to stare into his amber eyes. She stares back at him in fear as he analyses her, his lips curling upwards when he released his hold on her face. He shift his gaze to Caleb, and then to the crowd, his eyes smiling darkly. "Estelle here is Caleb's... what do you humans call it Caleb?" Aurélien asks, glancing at Caleb who's attention snaps from Estelle to him, "Lover?"

Caleb glares daggers at him, struggling against the chains. One of the guards in front of him backhands him across the face, causing me to flinch. The force causes Caleb to crumble to his knees, no sound leaving his lips. He returns his attention to Aurélien, breathing in and out harshly.

I don't want to be here.

This is too gruesome to watch, I glance over my shoulder, catching Aldéric's gaze, pleading with eyes for us to leave. He shakes his head apologetically, wrapping his arms around me tighter as If that could relieve any ounce of fear I hold for the events unraveling before me.

That could easily be me up on the stage, chained and badly beaten.

One day it just might be me...

"Please let her go. I'll do anything you want just don't hurt her." Caleb pleads, his pride diminishing before the King.

Pride meant nothing when your loved ones were at risk.

Aurélien smirks before questioning, "And what fun would that be? Let's leave it up to my esteemed guest to decide your lovers fate."

Caleb breaks down, tears sliding down his cheeks slowly, realising exactly what they're response is going to be...

...and he's right.

"Kill her!"

"Bleed her dry!"

"Make them both suffer!"

A string of chants came from the now excited crowd, Aurélien once again lifting his palm up towards them, demanding silence once again.

When silence settles, my heart pounds in my chest, my horror and fear reflecting Caleb's as he hangs his head in defeat, realising he can't save the one person he loves from these vile creatures.

When he does raise his head, he uses the last of his strength to fight, to get to her but once again he's backhanded across the face, his head lulling back. A scream passes Estelle's lips, her tears bedding of her cheeks and dripping onto the floor.

I couldn't imagine seeing someone I loved being treated that way. I wanted to plead Aldéric to stop this but I was unsure how deep his loyalties for his father ran.

Blood will always be thicker than water.

My gaze returns to Aurélien, my blood running cold when his eyes shift colour, revealing the monster he is, his fangs elongating soon after. Estelle begins to cry frantically when Aurélien once again grips her face, this time more harshly, and smirks down at her, his tongue running over his fangs when he leans her head to the side forcefully and uses his other hand to flick the hair away, revealing the soft spot of her neck.

"I-I l-love you C-Caleb." She manages to get out through her uncontrollable sobbing.

Caleb's body wracks violently, his own tears racing down his cheeks when he watches Aurélien sink his teeth into Estelle's neck, her eyes growing wide with shock, her screams echoing around the room.

I avert my gaze, my own tears threatening to spill. I bury my head in Aldéric's shoulder, squeezing my eyes shut. The sound of the screams tear into me, forcing me to face the true reality of this world.

Please, wherever you guys are...

...please find me.

When the scream fades from my aching ear drums, I slowly lift my head, watching as the guards remove the now lifeless body.

A girl who didn't deserve to have her life taken like this.

"Caleb." Aurélien calls lowly.  My eyes flicker to Caleb, his eyes blood red, his acceptant of defeat written in his body language. The other chained humans behind him slump their heads as well, their own tears for the loss of their fellow friend drawing on their fear further.

"Just kill me." Caleb mumbles.

Aurélien thinks for a moment, "Your followers will be demoted to pets as their punishment for following such a incompetent leader. Perhaps they will learn not to follow the pied piper like a bunch of rats... next time they may just drown in their mistakes."

Caleb doesn't respond, his grief too heavy on his shoulders to even be able to lift his head. "Take the others away." Aurélien orders.

The guards yank on the chains, pulling Caleb's followers out of the room and out of sight, leaving Caleb to have his own punishment brought to light.

He had already lost so much.

What more could Aurélien do to him?

"As for you Caleb, your crime is unforgivable and beyond brutal that your punishment will be for you to relive this moment for an eternity."

Mine and everyone else's gaze widen drastically. Caleb furrows his brows not understanding fully what it is Aurélien is telling him.

What did Caleb do that was so unforgivable?

Aurélien smirks, his eyes dancing mischievously, "That's right. Your punishment will be what others regard as a gift. Immortality, strength and power..." he trails off, allowing his words to settle before placing a twist on the so called 'gift'. "However you will be locked away, your cell made out of pure silver, diluted silver injected into your veins to weaken you."

Was silver some sort of a weakness?

Maybe I could use that to...

My thoughts are cut off when Aurélien continues, "You will relive this moment for the rest of your undying days." He smirks, his eyes flashing as if he had won something.

The vampires cheer for Aurélien, the events of today being a surprise to all of them and they loved it.

Shame on them.

It's written in Caleb's eyes, he didn't expect this to be his punishment.

"Long live Caleb!" Aurélien celebrates, his eyes mocking whilst the vampires roar with victory.

Shame on all of them...

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

What do you think Caleb did?

What are your overall thoughts on this chapter?

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for future announcements.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 984 33
Warning: This book contains mature content. "Your scent is driving me crazy, mate. You're so ready for me," he said darkly, inhaling deeply, intoxica...
700 47 42
There are worse things than death. ___ "What is wrong with you?" I seethed. She had my back against the wall, pinning me down so I couldn't move. Sh...
3.8K 133 77
"I will always find you. No matter where, no matter how far. I will. Always. Find. You." He snarled at me, so close I could feel his breath hitting m...
14.9M 517K 50
#01 in vampire [10.07.2017] #01 in fantasyfiction [14.03.2021] #2 in Prestige awards #03 in thriller [28.05.2018] #02 in romance [04.10.2018] I...