CEO•knj

By jellybeanreads

"You know the more I think about it, it starts to make more sense. Why you constantly checked up on me and ca... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48

33

1.4K 73 29
By jellybeanreads

Rose POV
I stare at the business card holding above my face. I let my hand fall on my bed, a heavy sigh leaving my mouth.

"Now what?"

My mind wonders and immediately goes to Namjoon.

I wonder what he's doing..I hope he's ok

*ding dong* (a/n: did you think of jk's ding dong...same)

I lift my head up, looking towards the hallway. "Maybe it's Jin." I say to myself, getting up and heading to the door.

The door clicks open and I stare at the figure who was slightly huffing against the doorstep.

"Why are there so many stairs??" He asks, pushing his hair back. "I'm only three floors up. What're you doing here Jimin? It's almost 11." I ask.

"I had something to talk to you about."

"You couldn't tell me over the phone?" I ask.

"It was important." He defends coming inside. I lightly laugh at him. "Ah..I missed your laugh." He plops down on the couch.

"Do you want some water?" Jimin nods his head.

I grab a cold water bottle and hand it to him. He breathed out a thank you. "So what's this big news that you couldn't tell me over the phone?"

He gulps down his water and wipes his mouth, finally catching his breath.

"Have you found a lawyer yet?" My eyes trail down. "Oh yea..I kinda forgot about that." I let out a sigh sinking into the sofa.

"I have a friend at a police station nearby. You should go meet with him. He can get you a lawyer."

"What difference does it make if I go to them for a lawyer? It's not gonna help me..."

"Why cause Namjoon can money his way?" He raises an eyebrow playfully. "T-that's not what I meant! I meant like cause they have evidence.." I say defensively.

"I know, I know." He laughs while coming to sit next to me.

"Rose did you do it?"

"Of course I didn't!" I say rolling my head back.

"Exactly, you shouldn't be afraid to fight for your justice especially when you're in the right. My friend has a team of detectives in his station too. He'll be able to help."

I sigh again closing my eyes. "Rose, trust me. I'll be there with you the entire time."

"..ok"

••
~Da next day~

"Ms. Park Rose?"

"Y-yes that's me." I gave a half smile, shaking the man's hand in front of me.

"My name is officer Jeon Jungkook. I'm a friend of Jimin. He's told me a few details about your situation. I'm sure if we work efficiently we can get your issue cleared up quickly." He smiles toward Jimin finishing his sentence.

"Nice to see you Kook." Jimin says smiling grabbing Officer Jeon's hand. Just as they finished their greeting, a women walks up from behind. "Did you already forget to mention me?" She ask, jokingly eyeing Officer Jeon.

"No, no, of course not. Ms.Rose, Jimin, this is Kim Seolhyun. She's a lawyer and a detective that I called for the case."

She shakes both our hands giving us a big smile. "It's a pleasure to take this case on. I'm gonna do my very best to help you out Ms.Park."

••

"Did you get any notification to go back to the company?" Ms. Kim ask as she types on her laptop.

The four of us, including Jimin and officer Jeon, were sitting in her office going over anything that would help with the case. After telling my part of the story, Ms.Kim immediately jumped to her laptop and started.

"Um..in two days. They called me in, I'm pretty sure it's to clear out my desk " I say setting down my tea cup on a coaster.

"Hmm, ok. For now, we'll have to wait for Mr.Kim's next move involving the issue. Ms.Park, when you go back try to look for any evidence that may help you." I nod at her instructions.

"Was there any co-workers that you may suspect of framing you or can you think of reasons for targeting you?" Officer Jeon asks.

"Umm, not that I can think of. Oh! There was this one guy, he was in Mr.Kim's office when he was at a team meeting and he said he forgot about it but it felt weird.."

"Do you rember his name by any chance?" Ms.Kim asks looking up from her screen.

"Evens..? Yea, Evens." I respond

"Jungkook could you please look into him?" Officer Jeon nods his head, opening his phone to write himself a note.

"Evens has always been a clueless worker, he always forgets about the scheduling we have. He may just be a loose end." Jimin says, glancing between me and Ms. Kim.

"Hm, you bring up a good point. We'll keep our options open for now and wait to see what happens." Ms.Kim sets her laptop down and smiles at me.

"I guess I'm officially in your hands then, please take care of me." I say giving a her a bow.

••
My heart thumped as I rode the elevator up to my desk. My nails digger into the handle of my handbag trying to stop my hands from shaking.

What if I see him?

I should talk to him..

But what do I say?

Ms.Su from downstairs had rode up with me. "There's a red letter on your desk. Please clear out your personal belongings." She says as we both step out of the elevator.

My eyes dart to Namjoons office door. "I'll wait here for you to finish." She said stopping a few feet away from my desk. I picked up a brown office basket that was placed on the floor by my desk and start packing things into it.

I keep looking at the door, waiting for him to come out and say..something, anything. I pull out my drawer packing things into the basket. "Um.. Ms.Su?" I finally gain the courage to ask. She turns to me.

"Is..um..Mr.Kim here?"

"He's not present right now, he's out of the office, in a meeting."

So he's avoiding me...

I remember his schedule for today, he didn't have anything.

Maybe something came up?

I finished stuffing my things into the box, grab the red letter and walked over to Ms.Su.

••

I sat on my bedroom floor, the box of thing in front of me. My mind was running thinking of everything. I pull my hair and fall back to the floor. I stared at my ceiling, wanting to scream.

I took a breath and sat back up. "Ok, ok. Let's just clean out this bin first." I say to my self pulling the box closer to me.

I started to pile up the papers and folders from what I wanted to keep and throw away. As the bin began to get less crowded, I reached to the bottom for the pens and pencils.

"What's that.." my eyebrows scrunched together before realization hit me.

••
Hello lovesss
I feel like you hate me 👉👈
I'm sorry it took so longgg
I'm trying to piece together what's happening

In your opinion is the story going too fast? Too slow?🧐

Anyway I hope your all safe and are staying home
Keep your heads up
I luv ya😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 61K 45
UNEDITED "g-go find other person, i'm sorry but i can't do this. i still have my dignity clinging onto me." i said. "no one needs to find out. no one...
9.7K 1.1K 36
Y/N, a famous K-pop idol, signs a special contract with HYBE Corporation. In addition to creating albums as an idol, Y/N has also agreed to film adve...
5.2K 433 29
"Hey," Namjoon said softly, and I looked over at him. His piercing stare locked onto me, I forgot to breathe. He held my chin in his fingers and pull...
1.6K 58 69
It isn't too hard to fuck up in my profession. It's easy to miss the target, easy to hesitate, easy to get lost, and easy to leave the smallest bit o...