Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#19: She Came Back

422 26 7
By Yel_lue04

House of Sailine 

"I heard that the daughter of Duke Charles is getting pinned today. I am invited to watch the ceremony", Rene informed. 

"Can we switch? I want to see Ellie being officially called a Council", Claudia whined. "So bad, Lady Claudia. His Majesty asked you to oversee the streets. By now, the visitors might be roaming on the streets", Gilbert gave a short laugh. He was assigned to aid Claudia. "Sir Gil, aren't you sad that you're not able to attend Ellie's pinning?", Claudia whined. "The duke will roast me to life if he sees Lady Eleanor hugging me", Gilbert sighed.

Claudia and Gilbert walked down the hallway.

"The Emperor is pleased that you were able to gather a lot of merchants in a short time", Gilbert commented. "I... When I saw how Ellie did her best to enter the Council, I also wanted to give my best. Entering the High Society gave me passes to know a lot of ladies from different houses. At first, it was difficult to make friends with them but I managed to", Claudia smiled.

I see. Lady Claudia can entice people with her warmth. In contrast, the cold and icy nature of Lady Aileen makes her work easier due to the respect the people have for her. In addition to that, she is smooth in polishing plans and executing them properly.

Palace Grounds

Keanne is having shadow training. He is imagining taking down Charles. He closed his eyes and swung his sword. Someone received it. 

He opened his eyes and saw the silver-headed lady with her sword clashing with Keane's. "I've been busy commanding the inner and outer guards. I haven't greeted you properly, Your Highness", Fiona stood properly and bowed.

"I am amazed that Lady Fiona will learn how to yield the sword. More of it, you're good with receiving my attack", Keanne commented and placed his sword back on its scabbard. "That sword was given to you by my father if I'm not mistaken. He promised to give it to any knight that will be able to defeat the Duke", Fiona pointed at it. "Yes, Lady Fiona. Although, until now, I still couldn't give even a scratch to the Duke. I commend you for being dedicated to your task for the festival", Keane smiled. "Of course, the three of us are all doing our best. That daughter of the Chancellor lectured a lot about not getting ahead of each other", Fiona sighed. "My brother is quite lucky to have commendable ladies surrounding her", Keane wiped his sweat. "Your Highness, I was all worried about this matter. What happens to you once the Crown Prince becomes the Emperor?", Fiona asked. Those very words sent shivers to Kenne. He faked his laughter. "Maybe a babysitter to his children", Keanne turned around and had a bitter expression on his face.

"And also, I received news that Lady Eleanor is already back at the capital. She's being pinned at the Council Building", Fiona informed. Keane's face brightened and he excused himself.

"I should have pushed her harder or maybe stabbed her with a dagger. If she comes back, she might steal two of the princes.", Fiona sighed.

Aileen, who was hiding behind the tree, heard Fiona's last statement.

Council Hall

Charles hasn't seen Eleanor for such a long time. She didn't stop by the Mansion since she was coming from the North. After 3 days of travel, they led her straight to the Council Room to have her pinned. Eleanor entered the hall and everyone gave their applause.

It surprises Charles to see how her little daughter is now becoming mature as days go by. It reminds her of his late wife. As soon as Eleanor passed by him, he smiled. "Congratulations, Ellie", he whispered. Eleanor smiled without looking at him. She knows that if she did, she might cry.

Your father would always feel guilty whenever he cannot bring himself to step into the Council Hall. The day they raided, was the same day that your mother gave birth to you. She had difficulty with carrying a child. She had multiple bleeding but you finally happened. As soon as your father came back from the massacre, the head maid gently placed you in his bloody arms, filled with the blood of the council members. You cried a lot that time and so did he. 

Fineil was twitching his eyes as the lady stood in front of her with teary eyes. He never believed in her even if it was clear that she was a genius. More of it, he cannot bring himself to have someone like her in the council room. 

"Some months ago, you were left at the Training Grounds because of your failure. Now, you stand in the middle of the crowd proving who and what you can be. This pin is a sign that you are a Council Member. The High Council awards you with the honor of servitude. The Emperor himself requested for your presence to aid the Crown Prince", Fineil pinned Eleanor's new cloak. She felt like passing out.

Outside the Council Hall

Eleanor looked around and saw Charles being swarmed by people. She runs towards him unmindful of the crowd. She threw herself at him and hugged him tightly. She began to cry but burrowed her face in Charles' chest. She held his hand and continue shedding tears. 

She couldn't explain how thankful she was that Charles would be there watching her get pinned regardless of the pain and guilt that he must be feeling. Her heart was full to have his father support her even if he could have returned home if not because of the Council's rebellion. 

"I'm home", she said. 

"Welcome back", Charles patted the lady's head and gave her a gentle glance. "You're becoming more and more like your Mother, Ellie", he smiled and led her to the carriage. 

"Ellie, want to see the streets. If you were to be a candidate for the Crowned Prince, it might be interesting how you would ruin such a special day", Oliver opened the door of the carriage. "Why can't you just be nice to me even just for a day", the lady complained. "Eih, that will kill me", Oliver shook his head. 

Town Street

Xylan was done meeting the nobles from the different kingdoms. He is now being requested to show himself on the street to meet the merchants.

"Your Highness", Claudia met him on the street. "Perfect, Lady Claudia. I'm being summoned to the Palace. May you please be in the company of the Prince?", Liam bowed very low and ran away. He's a busy guy after all.

Xylan stood next to Claudia. He is tall and composed. He was taught all the etiquette he needed to be the Emperor even if his brother was named the Crown Prince before. He started to walk and Claudia followed as well. "You did a great job", Xylan saw how lively the streets are. The Palace was also decorated well but it was so Majestic and Perfect that it almost looked unrealistic. The streets are filled with lively colors and people are laughing.

Claudia saw candy candy-dipped apple. She took one. "Would you like to try some?", Claudia offered. Xylan was hesitant to eat such weird-looking food. Claudia bites it to show that it is safe. "I'll get another one", Claudia was about to go when Xylan grabbed her hand with the candied apple. He bites it as well. He was startled by the delicious taste.

He looked in front of him and nearly choked.

"Greetings to the future hope of Andaria".

Claudia looked at the Prince's gaze and she dropped the candied apple. "Ellie. You're back", she ran towards her to hug her.  "Welcome back", Xylan greeted and looked at Charles who was beside her.

The Prince noticed something shining in her chest. "And... Congratulations on being accepted as a council member", Xylan turned and walked away.

"I felt like I just interrupted something", Eleanor gulped. "Ellie, I can explain... It's just that", Claudia panicked. "I know already. Jenos told me about it. It's a good thing that you were chosen as a candidate. I know you will be a great Empress", Eleanor smiled. "Please don't get mad at me", Claudia hugged her tighter. "Who is mad? I'm the happiest person this time", Eleanor tickled Claudia.

"Now, I have to report to his Majesty. We'll talk more this evening, Ellie", Charles excused himself.

Eleanor and Claudia started catching up with each other.

"Eh. Really. It sounds like Sir Jenos is interested in you", Claudia held the lady's hand.

"He said he's just trying to be entertained", Eleanor remembered what he said.

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.6K 34
โ” โ”โ”โ”โ” ใ€Œๆ•‘ไธ–ใ€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ ยก! โ—›โ‘…ยทเผ˜ โ๐—œ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž โ๐—•๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—œ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž .แฐใ€Œ๐˜...
1.9M 71.7K 125
The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?! 50 years ago, rifts started to open around the world. Portals to other dimensions. And with their...
225K 10.4K 100
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
12.6K 421 19
[ Book 1 ] [Complete] "I only wish.. for a happy ending." When too unfortunate servents of both the Demon King and The Supreme Deity end up dancing...