Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#14: Welcome To My Life

445 27 6
By Yel_lue04

House of Varian
Outside the main door 

Gilbert sighed and dropped a book in Eleanor's hand. It was a small book with magical stories. "You might get bored sometimes. I packed some similar books in your luggage. You're still a child, after all. Whenever you're left alone in the library, you would hide under my table and read these things", Gilbert cupped her face. Eleanor flushed and wondered how he knew about it.

Charles slapped his hand. "Get away from my daughter!", Charles hissed. 

After some farewell remarks, Eleanor climbed the Council carriage. She looked at Rendell looking worried. "It's my first time leaving the house without Rendell. I'm a little worried. I hope you'll be the one to fetch me when I'm done with the training", Eleanor smiled at the man. He felt like his heart stopped. "Of course, Milady. Anywhere you are. I'll be there to fetch you", Rendell smiled.

Palace
Crown Prince's Office 

"Liam, it's this time of the year that the Palace will hold a banquet for candidate picking again", Xylan clicked his tongue.

"The Emperor was busy with some foreign issues last year that's why you weren't able to celebrate your coming of age. Next year, you'll be turning 19 and I think that's the time the Emperor will officially have you choose your partner", Liam remembered. "Who do you think should I choose? The Marquess had expressed his desire to permit his daughter to be a candidate. Just some days ago, there were rumors that the House of Sailine is also considering it as a symbol of the Kingdom accepting the power of the merchant faction", Xylan placed his pen on the table.

"Lady Aileen is composed and mature. She's the one whose age is closest to you. Her work as the chancellor's aid is also amazing", Liam nodded. "On the other hand, if you choose the Marquess's daughter, your military control will be incomparable. You will also be able to control the northern provinces, who usually cause rebellions, as easily since they gave their loyalty to the House of Raven", Liam stood next to the Prince.

"And if you chose the lady from the House of Sailine, it will cause such a commotion. But then, you will be twice as influential as your father. For you to join the factions together, that will be once in a lifetime in the history of Andaria", Liam chuckled.

"The house of Sailine then. I haven't given her too much attention. Will you arrange an appointment with her?", Xylan ordered. Liam was taken aback. "Your Highness, I believe you saw her at the birthday of Lady Eleanor. It was the brown hair lady who was with the lady", Liam informed.

Mountains of Lyndir
Council Training Grounds

"Amazing!!!", Eleanor exclaimed as soon as she entered the hall. There were no extra rooms but they went directly to the library to be gathered. Eleanor's depression about the thought of dying was a little sober now. She wasn't able to shove off the thought but at least, there was something else that could distract her mind for a while.

"You there. Did you accompany your brother? Give back her cloak. A normal person isn't allowed here", one knight went to her and gave them an intimidating look.

"Now, now. The lady wears the cloak. You should apologize for acting rude to her", one of the apprentices approached them.

"You...", Eleanor was startled to see the white-haired person whom she met at the Palace. "Sir Jenos", the knight stepped back. "We're all equal here. We're to be called by our names", Jenos looked at the knight.

Eleanor followed him. The white-haired turned around with irritation on his face. "Why are you following me?", he sighed.

"You're the only person who I... Somehow know in this place. Maybe we can stick together?", Eleanor forced a smile. "I'm Eleanor from the House of Varian", Eleanor let out a handshake. "Who doesn't know about you? They said you lost your memory. It's a good time to get even with you then. I don't need to introduce myself because I don't want to be acquainted with you. Let's do our best not to be involved with each other", Jenos smiled.

How can he say that with such an innocent face?

Eleanor's assigned room
Eleanor was told that they were going to share it with someone since the training dorm is still under renovation. She opened her door and nearly lost her soul.

"I told you to do your best not to get involved with me", Jenos sighed.

The Next Day

The bell rang so loud that Eleanor wanted to use earplugs. "Wake up", Jenos threw his pillow on her face.

"Not that I care if they send you home early", he smirked. Eleanor yawned and wondered what is her deal with Jenos. She wore her outer garment and followed the lad. She also brought with her bathing necessities.

Bathing area
Eleanor's eyes shut immediately when she saw naked males inside the huge bathing area. Unlike when she was in the mansion, the maid prepares her bath.

"Oh! A woman!", someone shouted and they all panicked. They covered themselves with anything they had. "Ahk! Sorry!", Eleanor went out as soon as possible. She bumped into someone and felt his bare skin. Eleanor looked up and saw Jenos. Fortunately, he's wearing a towel below him. She ran away with a flushed face.

Study Hall

Everyone sat at their assigned tables. Eleanor gulped and saw Jenos sitting beside her. "Eww. Disgusting. You didn't take a bath?", Jenos teased. "I did", Eleanor flushed. Jenos looked at her and saw that her hair was still wet. Jenos laughed and covered his face.

"What?", Eleanor made a distance between them.

"Don't tell me that you took a bath at the river nearby?", Jenos smirked. Eleanor covered her face with a book. "You're an interesting fellow", Jenos commented.

Capital of Andaria
Town - Cake shop

Claude and Aileen were startled to see each other. The people whispered around them. "There's a special balcony on top. There's something I need to discuss with you", Aileen said.

Balcony

Claude gulped and was fidgety. "If you act like that, they will easily devour you in the Palace", Aileen warned. "It wasn't my decision to cast my candidacy. Father was just...", Claudia was interrupted when Aileen looked at her with such cold gaze. "Is that what you're going to give me? Excuses?", Aileen sighed. "I called you because I needed to look for my replacement. If I am also able to complain just like what you did a while ago, I wish I could", Aileen looked at the horizon.

"A woman of the Emperor must be a mother to the Empire", Aileen quoted.

Claudia flinched and feared where the topic would land. "I took the candidacy because I don't want it to end up with someone like Lady Eleanor. Selfish, manipulative, and lazy. I am better than her in a lot of ways. But then, I know there are some things I am incapable of doing", Aileen looked down. Claudia just remained silent and listened. "These past days, Lady Eleanor was different from before. That's why, I was able to figure out what I was lacking", Aileen gulped and was embarrassed to admit it.

"Unlike Lady Eleanor and you, I am incapable of showing warmth", Aileen confessed. Claudia was startled. "When I saw Eleanor changing, I was thinking of supporting her to become the Empress... But then...she went into the council", Claudia explained. "I just don't know how to tell her when she comes. But, I am excited to see her again", the lady laughed. 

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 212 27
โ™กMostly Gojo/Geto/SatoSugu x Fem!Reader โ™กMay include other characters x reader in the future. โ™กAUs, scenarios, oneshots, etc. โ™กMostly Female Reader p...
44.9K 4.2K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me ๐Ÿ˜‰ *There wi...
4K 181 16
๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•˜๐•ž๐•’ / / (n) ๐šŠ ๐š™๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ๐š˜๐š— ๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐š’๐šœ ๐š–๐šข๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐š˜๐šž๐šœ, ๐š™๐šž๐šฃ๐šฃ๐š•๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐š’๐š๐š๐š’๐šŒ๐šž๐š•๐š ๐š๐š˜ ๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ...
31.3K 1.6K 34
โ” โ”โ”โ”โ” ใ€Œๆ•‘ไธ–ใ€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ ยก! โ—›โ‘…ยทเผ˜ โ๐—œ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž โ๐—•๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—œ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟโž .แฐใ€Œ๐˜...