Paradox of Time

Av Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... Mer

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#13: It's Not A Dream

447 30 7
Av Yel_lue04

"Heh~ there's no way someone could live after falling in that high".

Call the police.. The ambulance.. Anything will do.

"Just let it be......, it's not like they're doing it to end their life. It's just painful to live for them. That's why let the person be free".

House of Varian
Eleanor's Room 

"Milady. You are sweating a lot", Saphira noticed. Eleanor looked at her reflection in the mirror.

I shrank into a teenager like this. I had my 15th birthday. Now, I am trying to get into the Council.

How long does this dream go?

"Rise and shine, Lady Eleanor. Today, the secretary of the council is going to fetch you for your apprenticeship ceremony", Mari informed. "Mari, once I get into the apprenticeship, that means I'd be leaving for half a year", Eleanor stood up and looked at Saphira. "Yes Milady. But don't worry, we will make sure the flowers bloom at their best. You were always visiting them in your free time. We thought you must have taken interest in the flowers", Mari bowed her head. "While you're up to that, could you please take care of another flower, Mari? It seems that it will have another bud this year", Eleanor was referring to Saphira's child. The ash-grey head turned teary.

"Have a safe travel, Milady", Saphira stopped herself from crying.

Council Hall

All the members of the council are gathered. It is divided into two, the High Council and the Court Council. Fineil is the leader of the High Council while the merchant representative, Axel leads the Court Council. There are 20 members with 10 from the different councils.

This year, only 20 were chosen to be an apprentice. After being trained at the school, they will come back to take their examination and their scores determine which province they will work for.

Charles entered the hall with Eleanor. "I have no other wish than for you to have fun as well but if you can work in the capital, I would be sleeping more comfortably each night", Charles held her hand tighter. Eleanor chuckled. "Who do you think did I inherit my brain from? If you're that confident with your intelligence, then don't doubt me as well", Eleanor hid her laughter. Charles was frozen. 

She was being arrogant this time but unlike before, it seemed that she was having a lot of fun. Everyone bowed their head as the Emperor entered with his knights.

"We welcome the apprentice who was able to pass the test. This time, the empire blesses you with the privilege to go into training. All of you will be treated the same. Regardless if you are a woman, the training will be the same", Theo looked at Eleanor to try and scare her. He was disappointed to see how prepared the lady was. They were all given their cloak as apprentices. The whole cloak is colored beige brown with black linings and an embroidery of a huge sun at the back. 

Eleanor wore it and happily exited the hall with Charles. The Duke was so jealous that Eleanor was trying to get Gilbert to come to the awarding as well so he gave Gilbert more tasks to do at the mansion. Talk about injustice. 

"Dad, can we have a walk?", Eleanor requested. She heard that there was a huge bridge that was legendary. Before, the Council Building was isolated from the Kingdom. Since it was the only building on a high mountain, it was difficult to enter it. Twenty years ago, the Council was corrupted and took advantage of the people. The previous Emperor issued a decree to kill all the Council members. Five years after that, Theo sat on the throne restored the Ministry of the Council, and built the bridge as a symbol of making a pact with them once more.

Bridge

Eleanor was amazed at how intricately it was designed. There was no advanced technology to assemble such a majestic bridge but there it was in front of her. If she is to wake up again, she'll draw the bridge and boast around about how she saw it in a dream, hoping that she remembers the detail. She took art lessons before so she might be able to capture its beauty, somehow.

Eleanor stepped on it and looked at Charles who had his arms crossed. 

This place might bring some bitter memories for father but I want him to see a better view of it. People can pass from one place to another. It's a bridge that connects people.

"Please, I am begging you to let me enter as well"

Eleanor heard some people talking on the bridge. It was Rufus and a middle-aged man. "Justice only lands on the righteous", Rufus quoted and started to walk away. The middle-aged man had a long face as he looked at Eleanor wearing the cloak. He must have been ashamed to see a younger person and a woman wear the proud cloak. He couldn't contain himself and climbed up the railings of the bridge.

Eleanor was frozen on the spot.

Some people gathered and murmured.

"That's a river below. It's either he dies from drowning or hitting his head on a rock".

"He must have been embarrassed to see a young lady take his place".

"Let him go. Someone like him isn't fit to be in the Council".

Eleanor forced her feet and ran towards him. "Don't come near!!", the man shouted. "I will jump and no one can stop me. I've been taking the examination for 5 straight years. I am coming from the merchant faction. I've heard that almost all of the chosen apprentices are nobles!!! What can we possibly do with it?!", he wobbled and was about to fall but Eleanor grabbed his hand. The man struggled and fell. "Don't fall. It's alright. You can start all over again", she said with concern. 

There was a warm sensation above my head.

Is that a taint of scarlet red? Is that water or was that my blood?

The sound of the ambulance.

The sound of my mother crying.

"Eleanor!!!", Charles shouted and ran towards them. Fortunately, Rufus was fast to grab Eleanor's hand as well as the man's. Charles came to give aid.

Charles carried her in his arms and bowed to Rufus. "I owe you my daughter's life. Elder Rufus", The Duke's face is all flustered. He felt extreme fear of losing his daughter again. It wasn't just a few months from now that she fell on the cliff. The man was locked into chains and dragged by the guards.

Charles looked down at Eleanor and her face was pale. "Ellie. How are you feeling? Let's go home and have the doctor check on you", Charles suggested. "I died", "Eleanor said under her breath. Charles wasn't sure what she meant.

House of Varian
Eleanor's Room

Eleanor tugged onto her blanket and burrowed her face into the pillow.

"Ellie. Are you okay? The doctor said you might experience some mental shock. It will be better if you talk to me about it", Charles knocked on her door.

"It's not something I could talk about", Eleanor shook her head. Charles kicked the door.

It will take some months to finish it again. He marched towards the lady and grabbed her for a tight hug. "Just when I thought you won't go back to being the old you. My daughter won't share anything with me. I was so naive thinking that it was just part of your being a lady. But then, I wished I could have pushed myself more. That's why, right now. I want you to depend on me more", Charles patted her head.

Eleanor cried to hear such warm words.

"In my dreams...", Eleanor sobbed.

"In my dream, I was living a different kind of life. I tried to be as proper as I could. My mother in that dream always reminded me to be kind to others and to look for ways to help them. Everyone can hurt and be rude to anyone but the strongest and the wisest are the only ones who can remain kind. In that dream, I did everything to make my parents proud. I did everything that was expected of a child. But then, one day because of someone who wasn't responsible enough for her life, I tried to save that person and ended up dying", Eleanor leaned onto Charles's chest. She was waiting for Charles to laugh.

"It would have been an interesting sight to see that version of you. But if there is one thing you're similar to the person in your dream, it's that you both want to be the strongest", Charles gave a bright smile. Eleanor raised her head and saw him smiling. "Then, would it be okay if I try my hardest to be that person in my dream?", Eleanor asked for permission.

"Ellie. You will never erase the things you did before. The same is true with me. Even if you were one difficult child before, I still loved you. But that doesn't mean I don't want you to be better. You may try and redeem yourself but just in case you're tired of playing the good girl, you can always come back and hit me with all your might", Charles stretched her cheeks. The lady hugged her father tight. 

Chapter end.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

31.3K 1.6K 34
━ ━━━━ 「救世」────╮ ¡! ◛⑅·༘ ❝𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗲𝗿❞ ❝𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗲𝗿❞ .ᝰ「𝘏...
56.8K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
Once Upon A Prostitute Av Mmeri

Allmän skönlitteratur

45K 4.3K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me 😉 *There wi...
41.3K 992 8
"The fear in your eyes is palpable. Begging me to stop will only make me go harder." "Please my Lord, don't do this! I'm not ready- I'm scared..." Th...