Time Turner Mishaps {Under Ed...

By JcBelle32

"It's one of my many talents. Pranking, annoying you, and being a pillow." "You can add kissing to that list... More

Author's Note
*Chapter 1
*Chapter 2
*Chapter 3
*Chapter 4
*Chapter 5
*Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
*Chapter 17
*Chapter 18
Epilogue
*Bonus Chapter
Fun Facts

Chapter 7

7.9K 149 43
By JcBelle32

Cole's POV

"Wait," Bill asked aloud, "Why did he name you Fred?"

The laughter came to an abrupt stop as the boisterous time travelers became uncharacteristically quiet. The happy mood in the room dropped as we all watched the wide grins fall off our future children's face and their once glowing eyes dulled with the lifeless expression that my friends and I have witnessed all too often in each other. The look of pain, loss, and grief. 

My eyes trailed Lupin's son, Teddy I think he said it was, as his hair turned a dark shade of blue. Then to his doting fiancé, Victoire, as she rubbed circles on his back and whispered into his ear, only receiving a lifeless nod in return. My eyes scanned all the time travelers, all with mournful expressions across their face. But my eyes soon stopped as I found the most gut wrenching sight of all, Davina. 

Her face was blank, she looked as if the sudden sad aura in the room didn't exist. But, I've seen that mask, I've worn that mask. Hell, I've mastered it. So, to most people she looked like she was completely unaffected by Bill's question. But, I knew where to look, her eyes. Her amber eyes were glassed over with unshed tears, telling the story of painful loss. 

Except, that's not what broke my heart, it's what her eyes were aimed at, my Dad.

I felt a comforting squeeze in my hand and looked down at Lena. She gave me a weak half smile, but any smile from her is enough to lift anyone's spirit. I squeezed her hand back and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. Comforting each other, as we knew that whatever they were about to say, it wouldn't be good.

Bill's amused grin soon slid off his face as he realized he didn't ask the right question. Clearing his throat in the soundless room he asked, "Wh-what happened to Fred?"

All the next generation kids looked down at the table. Teddy opened his mouth to answer but quickly closed it and avoided eye contact, much like his cousins.

"I die, don't I?"

Everyone's eyes snapped up to Fred(I). He looked sickly pale, but his smile had never left.

"Well, come on. At least tell me I die as a dashing knight in shining armor, saving a beautiful damsel in distress." Fred(I) chuckled.

"Stop that Fred!" George chided, being serious for once, "You're not dying! You can't die! Tell him!" he demanded looking back at the time travelers.

They all looked sadly back at him, the answers in the tear filled eyes. George started choking back his tears, but as Fred(I) rested his hand on his shoulder saying it was ok, he broke. He turned and sobbed into his shoulder, begging him not to go.

"My baby!" Molly cried and enveloped both her twins in her arms. It wasn't long before everyone silently cried for the boy who never failed to bring happiness in a time of darkness.

Lena began to tremble under my arms, shoulders shaking in grief, as she began to cry. I pulled her flush against my side and kissed her temple. Both of us finding comfort in the other. She mourned the loss of her best friend and I cried for the loss of my brother. The boy- no man- who stuck by me even as everyone at school believed I was a Death Eater 'like my father'.

"Please, tell us what happened." Harry croaked. 

I could only imagine he once again felt responsible for another death out of his control. 

My supposed eldest son sighed, looking at the distraught state Teddy was in before confessing, 

"What I'm about to say, will not be easy nor very pleasant. Just know that after all the pain, it brought peace and happiness to us all. My family and I would not be here otherwise, living the life we do now. I know this will be hard for you and it may be asking a lot, but please let me explain everything before you ask questions."

What did he mean it won't be pleasant? What exactly did the future have in store for us? But, most importantly, what did he mean by peace and happiness?  Do we succeed? 

Seeing us all nod in agreement, he revealed,

"In truth, we-"he gestured to the next generation and himself, "haven't actually met half of you."

My heart constricted and looks of shock and tears swept among the first generation. Yet, none of us spoke, too eager and curious to find out who exactly will break our hearts.

"Later this year, there will be a battle in the Department of Mysteries where Voldemort will reveal himself to the public. But, as Grandpa-I mean- Sirius is fighting Bellatrix, she sends a curse at him that made him fall through the veil." he looked up at me and then Dad with glassy eyes, as he croaks, "He-he didn't make it."

"No!" Harry shouts, tears pouring down his face, "I just got you back! We have to do something! We can change it, we've done it before! We-"

"Harry." Hermione sniffled, resting a hand on his arm. 

He just shook it off and turned to me with determination in his red rimmed eyes, "Cole, you'll help me right? We can save him-"

I couldn't listen anymore, I felt numb. I couldn't feel Lena's warmth in my side and everyone's voices were a muffled buzz in the background. My mask was up but barely, and if I had to hear Harry anymore, it would crack. So, I stood up and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Harry calling after me. 

I sat myself down by the fireplace in the living room. I could hear everyone trying to calm Harry down and settle their own tears. But I couldn't be in there. How can I comfort the Boy Who Lived about losing his only family member left, when that man was my father? The man, everyone seems to forget, I just got back too. I couldn't be strong for him this time, not yet.

Tucking my knees into me, I let the tears fall and thought of how I'll lose him again. I just sat there watching the flames flicker and break, crackle and pop, burn and grow, as I mourned my father for the second time in my life. Except, this time I knew the truth. I knew he was a good man; a loyal friend, a devoted husband and the most amazing father.

I felt her presence before she said anything, I always do. Lena sat down next to me, not saying anything just looking at the fire. I could feel the heat from the fire but the little brush of our legs felt scorching in comparison. She rested her head on my shoulder and I began playing with the ends of her hair. Twisting the curls around my finger, I began to calm down but there was a pit in my stomach I knew I'd have the rest of my life.

Tilting her head up at me, she whispered, "He loves you."

"I know" I croaked, "But I don't think I can lose him twice, Lena."

"As long as we keep his memory alive and spread his love, he'll always be with us. It's when we forget that he's gone." Lena consoled, "Seeing those kids in there, crying over a man they never met, proves we did. You're a good father, just like he is- not was- is. Sirius leaving doesn't change that."

My heart swelled, with not just her words but Lena herself. She doesn't have to smile to make me happy because she is my happiness. Every part of her exudes love and warmth, from her light brown eyes, to her smile and with every beat of her heart. Without saying a word, I leaned in and kissed her soft pink lips, expressing how much I love her and was thankful for her.

Reluctantly pulling back, I rested my forehead against Lena's just forgetting the world around us for a moment more. Finally she stood up and offered her hand saying,

"Come on, I think Harry finally calmed down."

Sighing, I took her hand and joined her into our morbid reality. As we entered the kitchen hand in hand, I briefly saw Davina look at me worriedly. She scanned my face but upon seeing I would be ok, her eyes trailed down to Lena and I's linked hands and furrowed her brows. 

Except, I couldn't focus on her. Instead I released Lena's hand and walked over to my mother and father as they comforted Harry. I immediately enveloped all three in a hug and whispered, 

"I love you too."

*********************************************************************************

Hey guys!

With the whole Corona Virus outbreak, it looks like I'll be home a lot more. So, lucky for you that means...UPDATES! I know I've been slacking and I'm sorry. It's been hard keeping up with school and writing. But, I've delivered the next chapter as promised.

I also have the next few chapters planned out so there will be a few updates coming soon!

Most importantly, I have recently reread this story start to finish and I just want to say...ouch. I started this a while ago and didn't realize how cringey it is and how much editing I overlooked. That being said on top of updates I will be going back and revising the past chapters I've written. As in cleaning it up and changing some things around. So sorry if your notifications gets spammed :(

Thank you all so much for reading, Time Turner Mishap, I'm so grateful for all of you! But as much as you guys hear from me, I'd love to hear from you!

Comment below:

 Who are your favorite characters in the story?

 Who are your favorite characters from the HP series?

Who do you think Lena is to Cole??

Should I make a spin off story about Cole and Lena?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 5.1K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...
263K 10.5K 21
「𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗥」❝That boy is really strange❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Kaia McKinnon is inattentive, and not that she could handle it. It was just how she had...
1.9K 61 57
✓COMPLETED✓ "Don't tell me it's a sin to love him instead of her. Seriously, I mean look at him!" Basically your traditional Wizarding World Marauder...
3.4K 66 52
This will give you my thoughts on Harry Potter Fanfictions I've read. Each chapter I will upload will be different stories with their details and the...