True Beauty

By Anonymous3point0

Lindsey just moved in with her grandparents in Gotham City. They send her to Gotham Academy where she meets D... More

Prologue: Gotham
Chapter 1: Rich
Chapter 2: School
Chapter 3: Damian
Chapter 4: Treasure
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Friends
Chapter 7: Lunch
Chapter 8: Jerk
Chapter 9: Homecoming
Chapter 10: Advancing
Chapter 11: Gala
Chapter 12: Robbery
Chapter 13: Boyfriend
Chapter 14: Date
Chapter 15: Meeting
Chapter 17: Expectations
Chapter 18: Cave
Chapter 19: Break
Chapter 20: Pets
Chapter 21: Birthday
Chapter 22: Fair
Chapter 23: Panic
Chapter 24: Hero
Chapter 25: Talks
Chapter 26: Bedroom
Chapter 27: Trip
Chapter 28: Kidnap
Ending Author's Note
New Cover?

Chapter 16: Spring

5.8K 173 64
By Anonymous3point0

"Spring Break is next week," Blaine said on day at lunch, "does anyone have any plans?"

All the friends were sitting around their normal table. And it was one of the special days Damian was sitting with them, silently. He was as close to Lindsey as possible while giving them enough room to move their arms to eat.

"My parents are taking are taking me and my brother to our usual Spring Break destination." Ryeanne spoke up. 

"Virginia Beach, again?" Kelsey asked.

"Where else would we go?" Ryeanne asked.

"And this time Abigail and I were invited," Noah said.

Giovanni noticed Lindsey's confused look on her face.

"Ryeanne's parents always invite some of us to come with them," Giovanni explained. "To be honest, I'm surprised you weren't the one invited this time."

"Well that's because Damian told me-" Ryeanne started.

She stopped talking when Damian sent her a glare and looked down at her food. Lindsey looked between the two.

"What did Damian tell you?" Juliet asked.

"You can't just keep quiet now," Kelsey said. "Spill."

"It doesn't matter," Damian muttered before stabbing his food.

"No, tell me. What did you tell Ryeanne?" Lindsey asked.

"I told you, it doesn't matter," Damian said.

"He wants to take you on a vacation," Ryeanne said. "A semi-romantic vacation."

"Awww," the girls cooed.

"Damian is that true?" Lindsey asked.

The boys chuckled underneath their breath at Damian's expression.

"Where were you planning on taking her?" Juliet asked. "Caribbean? Italy? Paris?"

"Please say Paris, it'll be so cute," Abigail said, looking into the distance.

"New York City," Damian whispered for only Lindsey to hear. Lindsey's jaw dropped and tears sprang into her eyes.

"Wait where?" Noah asked, moving closer to hear.

"My home town," Lindsey said.

"Why there?" Logan asked. "I'm sure there are plenty of better places to spend a romantic vacation."

"Well, it was a kind of last minute decision," Damian said. "And Ryeanne told me about her thoughts to take her to the beach and I thought maybe I could take her somewhere that would be meaningful for our first trip together."

"That's the cutest thing ever!" Blaine said. "And my parents just want to take me and my siblings to Ohio to visit family. I would love to go on a romantic vacation for the break."

"First you need to find a boyfriend before you can have a romantic vacation," Logan laughed.

"Like you can talk," Blaine hissed.

Within the past few months, Lindsey has learned that Logan has been in love with Juliet since the sixth grade. And Juliet has loved him since the eighth grade. The others have hinted at their crushes, trying to get them together, but it hasn't worked. It's almost painful for Lindsey to see the two of them. They always sit next to each other at lunch, are always walking together to classes, they do cute stuff that Damian and Lindsey do with each other.

Damian, of course, has noticed and has said more than once, he just wants to push them together and force them to kiss. Lindsey thinks it's cute that Damian is invested in her friends' relationships.

"So back to Damian and Lindsey," Giovanni said. "What are you two going to do for the whole week?"

"I've never been to New York," Damian said. "I'm sure there's plenty to do."

"I can show Damian everything about New York," Lindsey spoke up excited. "I can plan the whole trip! If you're okay with that."

"I was hoping you would," Damian said. "When I was going to tell you, I was going to ask for you to plan the trip. I'll pay for everything."

"I'm going to need to get permission from my grandparents first though," Lindsey said.

"Let me talk to them," Damian said. "I'm sure I can convince them."

~*~*~*~

It was early Saturday morning and Lindsey was dropped off at Wayne Manor. Alfred had a car pulled around the front of the house for Damian and Lindsey. She left her suitcase by car and walked up to the door.

Before she even reached the door, it swung open and a figure came running towards her.

"Lindsey!" Dick shouted as he ran towards her. He wrapped his arms around her in a bear hug, picking her up off the ground.

"I didn't know you were in town again, Dick," Lindsey said as she was placed back on the ground.

"I know, I was hoping to spend Spring Break with my brothers, but one is going out of town with his girlfriend. And the other is spending as much time with his girlfriend, away from the house," Dick said. "I'll be alone with Bruce all week."

"Maybe you should get a girlfriend," Lindsey laughed. "I heard you broke up with the one you had."

"It was mutual. She wanted it as much as I did," Dick shrugged. "But I guess I am a bit lonely. Know anyone single?"

"Not your age," Damian voice sounded from the front door. "If you're that lonely, do what other people your age do and go to a club and find someone to take home."

"I'd rather not, Damian," Dick said. "So anyway, you two have fun on your trip. But not too much fun. You're sleeping in different hotel rooms for a reason."

"Because her grandparents wouldn't let her come if we didn't do it this way," Damian muttered, coming out of the Manor with a suitcase rolling behind him.

He pushed Dick away from Lindsey, bringing her into his arms. Lindsey in return, wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him tighter to his body.

"I'm so excited for this trip, Damian," Lindsey whispered in his ear. "I can't wait to show you all my favorite places."

Just then Alfred and Bruce came out of the Manor. They stood in line with Dick, looking at Lindsey and Damian.

"I hope that you two will enjoy your time in New York," Bruce said. "If you need anything, you can always call Alfred and I. Or Dick."

"I'll call Dick first," Damian said.

"I'll call Dick first, as well," Lindsey muttered. "He's the only number I have."

"Which is why, this is a list of all the numbers that you can contact us by," Alfred said, walking to Lindsey. He hands her a slip of paper. It has the numbers of Bruce, Alfred, Dick, the Manor phone, Bruce's office phone, and even Tim's at the very bottom.

"Thank you, Alfred," Lindsey said.

"You two should get on the road," Bruce said. "The quicker you get out there, the more time to do all the things you have planned."

"Father's right, let's get on the road, Lindsey," Damian said.

"Okay, I'll see you all in a week," Lindsey waved at the men.

Damian lead her to the car, opening the passenger door for her to slip into.

"I forgot to tell something to Father, I'll be right back," Damian said, before closing the door.

He walked back to his father, before stopping close to him.

"Please don't need me for anything," Damian muttered to his father. "Please just call Cassandra, or worse Jason. Let me the last resort this week."

"Whatever you say, Damian," Bruce growled. "Just go have fun with your girlfriend."

"Tt."

Damian rushed back to the car, getting in the driver's seat.

"Everything good?" Lindsey asked.

"Everything's perfect," Damian said. "And it will stay perfect all week. For you, my beloved."

Damian reached over, grabbed Lindsey's hand and brought it to his mouth to place a kiss on it. Lindsey couldn't help but blush at the affection shown to her.

~*~*~*~

The week was full of all the fun Lindsey could have asked for. She showed Damian Times Square, all the brilliance of it. They saw the Statue of Liberty together, climbing to the top and overlooking the Harbor. They saw a show on Broadway one evening. They went on a picnic in Central Park for a romantic lunch.

One entire day, Lindsey spent showing Damian everything about her childhood. The townhouse she grew up in, the schools she went to, all the places she frequented as a kid. 

It was one of the best weeks they've spent together as a couple. There was no better vacation for them. The entire time, Lindsey had a light in her face. A light that only grew as the week went on.

It was the last day of their trip, and Lindsey wasn't acting the same as she was the rest of the week. When the two got together for breakfast at the hotel, Damian noticed it immediately. And what made it weirder, she was wearing a black tea length skirt, and white off the shoulder top. As the two were eating breakfast, Damian asked her what was planned for today.

"I only have one thing planned, but I need to drive," Lindsey said softly.

"Are you sure, I can-"

"I'm sure, Damian. This is something I need to do," Lindsey said.

"What are we going to be doing?" Damian asked.

"You'll see," Lindsey said. "But before we leave, can you change into something nicer?"

Damian gave her a confused look, but didn't argue. After Damian was dressed in black dress shoes and pants, a navy blue dress shirt, and a his hair done nicely, they left.

Lindsey knew where she was going. Damian didn't ask any questions as he watched his Beloved drive. She was focused, the light still showing on her face, but hidden behind a veil of darkness. Damian knew she was hiding something.

Suddenly, Lindsey pulled over. Damian went to get out with her, but she stopped him.

"I'm just going to pick something up, I'll be right back," she said, leaving the car on.

Damian watched as she walked up to an older woman street vendor selling flowers. The two embraced, like old friends. The vendor handed Lindsey two bouquets of lilies. Lindsey smiled sadly at the lady before walking away. The vendor waved as Lindsey walked back to the car.

Lindsey entered the car, handing the bouquets to Damian.

"Hold these for me, please?" Lindsey asked as she put her seatbelt back on.

"What are these for?" Damian asked.

"For something I should have done a long time ago," Lindsey muttered before getting back on the road.

"And I thought I was the one who kept the secrets," Damian muttered to himself.

"What?" Lindsey asked, not hearing him.

"It's nothing," Damian said.

The two stayed silent on the drive. Damian's mind was racing, where would she go that would make her act like this? So solemn and quiet, dressing nicely, buying flowers. Lilies, used mostly at weddings and funerals. Funerals.

"We're going to your parents' graves," Damian said.

"I'm surprised it took you this long to figure out," Lindsey laughed. "This was the last thing I wanted to do before we left New York. You don't have to get out of the car, I can go myself, but I thought it would be good of me to offer."

"I would love to meet your parents, Lindsey," Damian said, reaching over to place a hand on her knee.

As they reached the cemetery, Lindsey drove slower than usual. When she stopped and looked out the window, Damian noticed she was shaking.

"Lindsey? Are you okay?" Damian asked.

"It's been nearly seven months since I've been here," Lindsey said, choking back tears. "I thought it would be easier, now that I was feeling better about their deaths. But I don't know if I can do this."

"I'm here with you, Lindsey," Damian said. "You don't need to be afraid. I will be here for you. Forever."

"Okay, let's go," Lindsey said.

The two exited the car and walking towards to gravestones. Lindsey stopped in between the headstones, kneeling down. She turned and held her arms out for the bouquets. Damian handed them to her and she placed them in the vases connected to the headstones.

"Hi, Mom. Hi, Daddy," Lindsey whispered. "It's been a while since I've been here. I've made so many great friends, we hang out outside of school. We went to Homecoming together as a group, we spent New Years together.

"I've spent my first Thanksgiving without you, my first Christmas, Valentine's Day without my Daddy-Daughter Date. But it's also been my first with someone special. His name is Damian Wayne. He's my boyfriend. I know you said that any boy would have to face you first, Daddy, but he's good to me. You would love him, Mom.

"He's here, with me. He brought me to NYC for Spring Break. He wanted to spend some more time with me, in the city I grew up in. Where I lost you."

Damian watched as Lindsey began sobbing.

"After meeting Damian, and falling in love, I can't help but think about you two. You weren't able to see me fall in love. You won't see me get married. Daddy, you won't walk me down the aisle. You won't see my children, or meet them. I lost so many firsts with you."

Damian couldn't sit back watching his Beloved cry anymore. He knelt down beside her, wrapping an arm around her.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Vindai," Damian said. "My name is Damian Wayne. Lindsey has told me so much about the two of you. I just wanted to let you know, she's my first love. I've never loved someone like your daughter, and I doubt I'll love anyone like her. She's everything to me. And I just had to thank you for bringing such a wonderful person into the world."

Lindsey looked up and Damian, with tears in her eyes. He was really doing this for her.

"I'm sorry you won't be able to see with your own eyes, just how much I love your daughter," Damian said. "But take my word for it. I will take care of your daughter. I will love her until the day I die."

Lindsey stood up, abruptly. Damian looked up and her before standing up with her.

"Do you mean that?" Lindsey asked, speechless.

"What?" Damian asked. 

"Will you love me until you die?" Lindsey asked.

"I've told you, Lindsey. There's no one else I will love. You are my beloved."

He pressed a soft kiss to her lips, cupping her face.

Lindsey's jaw dropped when he pulled away from her. She then reached for him, pulling his face to hers and pressing her lips to his heatedly.

Lindsey wasn't very good with words when she's around Damian, so instead she's relying more on her actions. And if this was how she can show him how much she loves him in this way, it was good enough for her.

She poured her entire love into the kiss, knowing that he knew she love him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 146 14
Damian Wayne. He was known for many things. Most popular? Wayne. Rich boy. Perfect. Heir. Prince. Yes, he is the Prince of Darkness and Gotha...
127K 3.1K 31
There's a new a new vigilante in Gotham, and the youngest Robin may or may not have a secret fling with her. Read and find out because that's all the...
103K 3.7K 17
"Don't you know who they are?" "No, should I?" "They're the Wayne boys, kind of odd, but so hot." ◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇□◇ Jason and Richard (Dick) Wayn...
35.5K 978 38
You've recently moved to Gotham to improve your grades at Gotham Academy but you didn't have a clue of the dangers that lurks in every corner. Maybe...