Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#10: Deep Inside

523 30 3
By Yel_lue04

Town
Cake Shop

Eleanor, Claudia, and Aileen are cramped on one table. They happened to see Aileen on the busy street. Eleanor called for her to join.

That table looks dangerous.

Wha! That's such a shock.

"Seems like a crime to eat such beautiful craft", the blonde clasped her hands together. "I can't believe you would be focusing too much on food while we're being feasted upon", Aileen sighed. 

Eleanor leaned close to Claudia. "Why are people creating more uproar this time?", she whispered. "Ah, you are in front of the only candidate for the Crown Prince. Also, my house and her house are...", Claudia looked at Aileen and flinched when her eyes met with emerald eyes.

"The house of Tales isn't on good terms with Sailine because of some matters. My father is the Chancellor who is the leader of the noble faction. Sir Rene, Claudia's father is someone whom the merchant factions had placed as their leader", Aileen informed. "Woah. I'm acquainted with the daughters of two important people", Eleanor cupped her face.

"Then, I heard from my father that you are trying to enter the council. Did that fall hit you that much?", Aileen asked. Eleanor sighed and leaned on the table. "Those ladies were right. I'm not doing something in my life. I asked Claudia and she said that she's also starting her clothing shop with some merchant kids. I'm so ashamed", Eleanor burrowed her face. "You're the kind of person who's just fine as long as you breathe and get attention from the Crown Prince", Aileen said without hesitation. 

"But I want to make Dad proud of me as well", Eleanor moved her feet inside the table. It hit Aileen's leg. "Hey you!", Aileen had veins popping on her head. Claudia panicked. "Do you really like to enter the Council?", Aileen asked. Eleanor raised her head with eyes shining bright. She was very interested in the government of the Andaria Empire. She nodded violently. "Ellie, your head is going to fall off", Claudia held her head. 

"Thank you, Aileen. I owe you one", Eleanor smiled widely. "Don't thank me yet. One day, I will ask a favor from you too", Aileen sighed. "Ah. Is that regarding the Crown Prince? I was stupid for pursuing the Crown Prince or even the Prince. I am nothing to be compared to them. I'd be focusing on being a part of the Council", Eleanor expressed her plan. Aileen clenched her dress and Claudia saw it. "I see. Suit yourself then. The Marquess announced his desire to have his daughter considered for the position", Aileen informed. "I'd give you my full support. Just tell me when you will be needing me", Eleanor gave a thumbs up. 

"Even the way you drink your tea is very ladylike. You must have had the best teacher", Eleanor praised. The raven head looked away and remembered being locked in a room by her mother to perfect her social etiquette. "Oops. I need to take a toilet break", Eleanor stood up and left.

"She means the lavatory", Claudia clarified.

"Pardon me, I also have some matters to attend to. Claudia, you are two years older than Eleanor. She's gotten more ignorant than before. Your protection for her when she might become the Empress will be rewarded", Aileen stood up.

"Even without being told of that, I feel like I wanted to protect her", Claudia smiled. 

If not because of her, you will still be locked in that dark room. 

Aileen returned a weak smile.

I must have eaten a lot of cakes. Why am I smiling in front of my opponent?

Palace
Office of the Crown Prince

Papers are piled on his table. "You'd be needing someone to help you with these. Why don't you make your choice already? Lady Aileen seems to be a responsible woman. Plus, she's the daughter of the Chancellor. Her studying must have been rough as well", Liam suggested.

"You may start looking into the papers if you have spare time to open your mouth", Xylan said without looking at his aid.

"Or~ are you considering someone else?", Liam hummed and thought of Eleanor.

"If you won't shut up, I'm going to keep you busy for the next weeks that you won't have time to go home", Xylan threatened. "Don't do that. I want to see my brothers and sisters", Liam whined.

"Regarding Lady Eleanor's request to be part of the Council. What do you think about that?", Liam opened. "She is free to do whatever she wants. The Chancellor is already considering it. He said it was a good way to open a new era for the nobles. Most of the members of the Council are coming from the nobles but the merchant factions are also trying to enter", Xylan remembered.

Green House

Charles entered and saw Keanne sitting and taking his tea. He was just silent and lost in a deep thought. 

Just a year ago, his position as the Crown Prince was forfeited because Xylan reached his coming of age. All his life, he prepared to play the role of the Emperor. That is why he was burdened with such expectations at a young age. But then, he was just the Queen's son. All this time, it was planned for him to be a replacement and play the role of Crown Prince the meantime to protect the Empress' son

It was he who was poisoned ever since he was a child. He was the one who had been continuously the target of those who wished for the Empire to crumble.

After being crowned as the Crown Prince, Xylan had it all, even Eleanor. He clenched his fist and bit his lips. He shouldn't be feeling that way because Xylan is his half-brother. But then, all he felt this time was that he was just a useless trash thrown out because he lost his purpose.

"Your Highness, it's time for your practice. The Emperor had assigned me to be your sparing partner", Charles bowed.

"Sparing. So, I am going to continue wielding the sword", Keane chuckled then placed the cup on the table.

"He's just looking for a way to get rid of me", Keane had an expression in his eyes that showed anger. Charles felt uncomfortable with the intimidating aura Keanne made that time. "Commander Charles, I will put my life on the line in this training. Will you please train me so that I would be able to survive this throne game? ", Keane smirked.

"There is no need for you to be worried, your highness. The first squad was created for the security of the royal family", Charles knelt.

Keane kicked the table beside him. "Security of the Royal Family?! Are you kidding me? Everyone in this place is trying to have me killed", Keane clenched his fist.

I never saw this part of the Prince. Where did that innocent boy go?

"Ah~ Commander, I wasn't just able to sleep... Keep this a secret for Ellie", Keanne went back to those innocent smiles.

"Also, why don't we do the training in your house, Commander?", Keanne hummed.

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 10.4K 100
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
1K 26 23
23 year old Human, M, is woken up from a Cryo Stacis chamber, having discovered that he slept for a thousand years, and the world being populated by...
2.5K 155 7
[adrienxgenderneutral!reader] disparate /things so unlike that there is no basis for comparison/ โ”โ” Rich people are the worst. โ”โ” disclaimer: i dont...
27.5K 852 16
โ•ฐโ‹ฏโžค"Tสœษชs ษดษชษขสœแด› ษชs sแด˜แด€ส€แด‹สŸษชษดษข, แด…แดษด'แด› สแดแดœ สŸแด‡แด› ษชแด› ษขแด." "I แด€แด แดกแดษดแด…แด‡ส€ sแด›ส€แดœแด„แด‹ ส™สŸแดœsสœษชษดษข แด€สŸสŸ แด›สœแด‡ แดกแด€ส สœแดแดแด‡." ใ€‹The woman found herself in a str...