Façade

By ChangeFate

Luke Hemmings. Popular, pretty, smart, sweet..And on top of all of that.. A self-harming, suicidal, depressed... More

Façade
One - The Frown Never Fades
Two - Disappear
Three - How I Am
Four - Tears And A Smile
Five - Two Way Personality
Six - Admition
Seven - Hoping for The Best
Nine - Stories Never Told
10 - Afraid Of You
11 - Drunken Fool
12 - Click Click Click
13 - Done With Façades
14 - Ruin My Day
15 - What I Want
16 - Stand Up Push Down
17 - My Beaten Boy
18 - Honestly
19 - A Silent Man's Words
20 - Caught In A Truth
21 - The First Beating
22 - Confrontational
23 - Stand Up For Me
24 - Back To Basics
25 - Talking To The Law
26 - The Mean Streets
27 - The First Trial
28 - Second Try
29 - Goodbye
30 - Hidden Away
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Epilogue III
Epilogue IV
Epilogue V

Eight - Hide Through Fear

6.9K 323 152
By ChangeFate

It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew. ~Henry Rollins

Luke's POV

I sighed as I walked through the school. Holding my arms tight against my books until they stung. I turned the corner and slammed into someone.

"Dammit watch out, Luke." Calum sighed as he looked at me disapprovingly. My eyes were wide an watery, causing Calum's distasteful glare to fade into a sympathetic glance. "Luke? Are you alright?"

"Huh?" I blinked away the tears in my eyes. "Um. Nothing. I'm okay." I gave a smile and Calum sighed again.

"Follow me." Calum said as we walked towards his locker. "I left class to get something from my locker, why'd you leave class?"

"Every genius needs a break now and again." I said and saw a small smile on Calum's lips.

"Cute joke, but it's just that." Calum sighed. "A joke, so tell me the truth."

"I needed a break, I-I couldn't think. So the teacher told me to go for a walk." I shrugged.

"That's more believable." Calum said. "Why couldn't you think?"

"My mind's kinda fogged right now." I shrugged.

"Fogged with what?" Calum asked.

"So many questions." I sighed and Calum gave me a sad look. "What?"

"If it was about Ashton, you might want to drain those thoughts out." Calum sighed.

"What? Why?"

"Ash, doesn't like you anymore. I'm not even sure he wants to be friends." Calum said and I felt as if everything was falling down around me. Not even friends?

"W-Why n-not?" I stuttered like I do when I'm nervous.

"Because Luke, he doesn't feel like he knows you anymore." Calum shrugged. "Like, all you are is this..Fake. All you are is smiles and jokes but he's starting to put together that you're not entirely that." Calum put a hand on my shoulder. "I'm going to ask two questions, answer one and I can help you."

"What are they?" I asked. I very rarely took help. But if I could get help to save my friendship with Ashton, then I would take it.

"Okay, question one is why did you flinch?" Calum asked. Oh hell no, I could never answer that. It would ruin everything. "Or, just tell me one thing going wrong with you."

"You won't tell?" I squeaked.

"Course I won't." Calum said. He waited patiently for me to chose. And I knew the first one could not be done.

"Don't freak out.." I mumbled.

"I'll try my best." Calum offered a small smile and as I went to speak my voice totally choked. Not being able to do anything else I took a shaky hand and rolled up my sleeves and held the damaged limbs to Calum. At this point he was wide eyed, shocked. He ran a finger across my arm and I winced slightly. Calum pulled the sleeves back down and didn't say a word.

"No wonder you didn't want to tell Ashton." Calum finally breathed, lifting tear filled eyes to me. "If it breaks my heart, I don't want to know how much it would hurt him." Tears finally spilled over as Calum took me in his arms and I nuzzled my face in his shoulder. Not wanting him to go but the sounds of footsteps against the tiles made me take off in the opposite direction. Ducking into the stairwell I slid down against the wall. Covering my mouth to keep my cries silenced.

"Cal what the hell, you've been out here -" Ashton's voice stopped. "Why are you crying..?"

"Ash, you need to rethink your situation with Luke." Calum said.

"No, man, Calum I told you." Ashton huffed.

"He'll be ruined without you!" Calum argued.

"So? What about me? I'm sure Luke is okay." Ashton sighed.

"No, no no Ash. He is not okay, he's not." Calum pleaded.

"Calum I'm done talking about this." Ashton snapped. "I'm done with Luke."

I didn't mean to, I swear I didn't, but a choking cry managed to fall from my mouth and echo in the area around me.

"What was that?" Ashton's voice rang out and I wanted to cuss myself out. Footsteps moved closer and closer and I would get up and run if it didn't make so much noise.

"Ash let's just go back to class." Calum said but it was too late. Ashton peered his head in the stairwell an at first looked right over me before his eyes went wide a the sight of me. I wanted him to stay away, he did not want to.

"D-D-Don't come near m-me." I stuttered as I shook my head and Ashton stopped in his path. I stood up and began to make my way up the first steps.

"Luke!" Ashton called. "Where are you going?"

"You-You don't want t-to be around me any-anyways." Dammit I hated that stutter, it always got worse when I was nervous.

"I.." Ashton had no response. We both know he said it, and there was nothing for him to say. So I walked up the stairs and eventually out of the school.

As soon as I stepped foot into the crisp air I felt my stomach twist, I've never ditched school but I couldn't be here anymore.

I felt so bad for Ashton..I left him in the dark, although he was planning to do it to me, I wanted to come forward, tell Ashton the truth but then..Well then what? I crush him and he ends up dating me out of pity? No way. But otherwise, he dates a fake me? I don't know what's worse. All I know at this point is that I can't have Ashton.

And it's ripping me to shreds.

[A/N: ABUSIVE SCENE, YOU MAY WISH TO SKIP. IT SHALL END THE CHAPTER. But honestly it might help to read.]

However the slightest feeling of it not being able to get worse is when I opened the door an within a couple of seconds I was punched in the jaw with enough force to crumple me to the ground.

"Hey boy." My father spit about me. "What do you think you're doing home? Don't you dare think I'm stupid, I know school doesn't end for another hour. And I saw you out there crying."

"I-I left school." I whimpered as I raised myself slightly off the ground.

"Is it because you're stupid?" My father chuckled.

"No." I shook my head.

"Are you saying you're not stupid?" My father snarled.

"No, I-I'm an i-idiot." I stuttered and instantly got a kick to the side before getting picked up by the scruff of my shirt.

"What did I say about that stutter?" My father snarled.

"Stutters are for t-the worthless." I mumbled, quoting what he's often told me.

"And what about mumbling!?" He was losing his temper.

"Mumbling is for the pansies." I swallowed hard.

"And crying?"

"Crying is for those with nothing between their legs." I said.

"Remember that, boy." He snarled. He let me go before pushing me down onto the ground, to where I caught myself on my arm and screamed in pain.

"Oh what's that I saw?" My father chuckled. "Not only is my son worthless but he's a freak too. Well, I got just the thing for you." I began to pull myself off the ground when my father came back with a bottle of alcohol and poured it down my sleeves. Letting it burn. I screamed and tried to get away, but a hand to the face was what was delivered to me.

"That should help." My father spit, throwing the bottle to he wall before walking out of the house and leaving me a crying wreck.

I changed out if my uniform and into sweatpants and a long sleeved black shirt before laying on the couch, crying and sobbing while the burning feeling didn't stop my face kept stinging.

And the emotional pain is adding to the physical pain while I laid unable to control my pitiful cries.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

Well that was certainly sad.

I hope you had a good day though. :)

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.7K 921 24
Just some preferences and blurbs. I take suggestions! You can comment or inbox or email me saradiehl00@icloud.com. Also you can follow my Insta will...
2.8M 27.7K 90
Sequel To: Start All Over. “Will you ever give up on me?” I ask. “Not today, not tomorrow, not in a week, not ever. I will never give up on you.” He...
19.8K 126 18
Just a bunch of 5sos imagines | requests closed |
280K 8.9K 26
when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence