Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#9: 15th Birthday

576 33 4
By Yel_lue04

House of Varian
Hall

Eleanor went down with Charles. The nobles clapped their hands in respect for Charles. The Duke is also the first man in command.

"In the end, I'll get to dance with my daughter. Unfortunately, your partner got exhausted training you back how to dance", Charles chuckled. Eleanor knew that Charles threatened Gilbert. From the start, Charles just wanted Gilbert to practice with her. "I might not be able to dance just like before", Eleanor nervously laughed. Charles lifted her up.

"You'll do just fine", Charles cheered her up.

The Crown Prince arrived with his aid. "Are we going to enter now?", Liam, the 18-year-old aide to the crown prince looked at the blue-haired. 

He was just staring at the blonde smiling while dancing with Charles.

After the dance, people give their applaud again.

Keane went near to Eleanor to congratulate her." You did a great job", Keane passed a box. "This is a second gift from you, Your Highness", Eleanor felt ashamed and had a small tint of pink in her cheeks. Keane was taken aback. He never saw this expression from Eleanor before.

"We also welcome the presence of the princes. Prince Keane and Prince Xylan, thank you for coming", Charles announced. The nobles had their heads bowed. The two were given a special table.

Claudia approached Eleanor and gave her a gift as well. "I hope it suits your taste, Ellie", Claudia showed a pink pendant with rubies in the middle. "Really? This matches my dress today. Thank you Claudia", she hugged the girl. Claudia was astonished that Ellie could do such a thing in front of the people. Ellie saw people whispering to each other, most of them were young ladies.

"Why are we here? It's the lady's birthday so she's the one who's supposed to sit here", Keane watched in amusement. "You seem so fond of her right now, brother. Have you forgotten what she did to you?", Xylan dug into the food. "Your Highness, let me first have a taste of it", Liam panicked. "It's fine", Xylan remembered what Eleanor said at the Palace.

I love you.

That's why there's no way that I did it.

A group of ladies entered and marched towards Eleanor. Claudia gulped as soon as she saw the silver-headed lady.

"My apologies for coming so late, Lady Eleanor. I am from the House of Raven. I had some matters to attend to", Fiona gave a fake smile.

Wah. I know that this girl despises me even without her saying anything.

"Since she's the daughter of the marquees, she also has work to do. I wonder what you also do with your time", one of the ladies covered her laughter. "I bet the lady is collecting a lot of accessories", another one commented.

This will make my father embarrassed if I act wrongly. They are the ones who came late so... what's with their guts to still mock this girl? I guess it's because of this lady in front of me.

"Ladies, let's not waste time standing here then. If you are way too busy, you are always free to leave earlier. I apologize for burdening you to come here", Eleanor gave a fake smile as well. Claudia covered her laughter. It wasn't the usual sharp-tongued lady but she managed to make it sound both polite and sarcastic.

Fiona looked around and saw the two princes. "Greetings to the future hope of Andaria", Fiona bowed and spread her dress.

Charles grabbed Eleanor. "With all these people gathered here, why don't you invite the prince to breathe fresh air in the garden? I'll ask some guards to follow you", Charles suggested.

Garden

Eleanor walked silently in front of the two. The atmosphere is melting her.

"Ellie, I didn't know that you planted roses as well", Keane noticed the budding flowers. "Yeah, I told the gardeners to add them as well. I love this place. It's just near the lake and you can get your mind free after a long study", Eleanor turned with a happy face but went back to a worried one when she saw Xylan looking at her with a straight face. It's as if he was reading her like a book.

"Your Highnesses, thank you for attending my birthday. I know you are busy with some matters in the palace. I will cherish your presence and hope to give service when you need it", Eleanor gave a bow. "Eh?! Don't mind Ellie, we're just happy to be invited as well. Xylan and I had been stuck with so much paperwork. It's also like a short vacation for the two of us", Keanne patted her shoulders.

"Then, how about you? Those ladies gave you a question before and you didn't answer. Isn't that rude for you to be asked such a question?", Xylan asked without looking at her.

"I... I study at the library with Sir Gilbert. I haven't thought of what to do yet, Your Highness", Eleanor answered. "Eh~ Ellie is already studying. That is rare news", Keane chuckled and continued to walk. "Make sure not to give Gilbert a hard time", Xylan followed his brother. "Then, your highness. Will you allow me to work in the Council? Sir Gilbert said I may take the examination next month", Eleanor asked for permission.

"Only men are currently working in the council. Plus, there isn't anyone in your age", Xylan explained her disqualification. "That's why I give my request to you, your Highnesses. Are there any laws that forbid a woman to work in the governing council?", Eleanor asked.

Keanne looked at her and laughed. "I won't be able to do much but I'll make sure to support you in shadows, Ellie", Keanne smiled.

Xylan gave the lady a final look before leaving.

Since when was she daring to ask for a request other than considering me to take her as a candidate?

The day after the Birthday,

Everyone is tired because of the preparation and all.

Eleanor walks into the hallway and sees Oliver coming from Charles' room. "Did you talk to father?", Eleanor asked. "Yeah. I told him to keep watch over you. I heard that you've been acting very well. You know what they say, there is a calm before the storm", Oliver flicked her forehand and dropped a huge box on her hand. "That's from the house of Tales. The lady apologized for not being able to come due to her fever", Oliver informed and gave a sarcastic smile. 

"Oh. I hope she'll get better", Eleanor was eager to open it but saw how Oliver was confused by her excitement. Her eyes brightened to see such a beautiful necklace. Eleanor raised it to have a better view and made a big smile. 

She cleared her throat. "Then, what else?", Eleanor was prepared to be ridiculed by her uncle. 

"This morning, I accidentally heard the Chancellor and the Emperor. They are talking about your request to work at the Council", Oliver flicked her forehead. "Don't go causing trouble in this family again", Oliver sighed. 

"Who said I would cause trouble? The daughter of the Marquees is helping her father in some matters. I also want to do something else", Eleanor pouted.  

"In the end, you're just trying to compete with her", Oliver messed with her hair. 

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1.9K 83
{A SAPPHIC VAMPIRE TALE- COMPLETE} 18+ (this story can be read as a stand-alone if you wish)❗️ This is heartbreak, this is betrayal. When Marine, a...
27.5K 852 16
╰⋯➤"Tʜɪs ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪs sᴘᴀʀᴋʟɪɴɢ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɢᴏ." "I ᴀᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ sᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʟᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ." 》The woman found herself in a str...
41.3K 992 8
"The fear in your eyes is palpable. Begging me to stop will only make me go harder." "Please my Lord, don't do this! I'm not ready- I'm scared..." Th...
495K 8.4K 84
Requests are always open. Message me the details. Oh and if you get any of the references(welcome sinners) 😉