Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#8: Another Character

579 32 4
By Yel_lue04

Town

"Claudia, make it fast. I can't wait to see the shops", Eleanor ran towards the cake shop.

"Lady Eleanor, you have to be careful. You're wearing a dress", Claudia said worriedly. 

Since when was Lady Eleanor interested in cake shops? 

She always complained about getting fat. "Claudia, let's eat some sweets", Eleanor grabbed her hand. The girl flushed and just followed her.

They ordered their cakes and Eleanor's eyes brightened. "How can they make such intricate design?", Eleanor felt guilty in eating such beautifully decorated cakes. "My pleasure to hear that. Most especially that it is coming from the lady of House Varian", the head baker went out.

Claudia noticed that people were looking at Eleanor and whispering to each other. Most of the customers are also ladies from noble houses. "Don't pay too much attention to your surroundings, Claudia", Eleanor noticed her. "Lady Eleanor, you're more composed than before", Claudia gulped. Did Eleanor think she was talking ill about her?

"Ahh. I'm not sure. I had always felt those dotting stares even when I was called to the Palace for the banquet. I must have been such a brat before", Eleanor chuckled. Claudia gasped and covered her mouth. "What? Did something happen?", Eleanor looked behind.

"It's just that. Lady Eleanor never laughed in public", Claudia informed. "Claudia. I feel so weird if you keep calling me Lady. Drop the formalities", Eleanor sighed. "Then, can I also call you Ellie?", Claudia asked. Eleanor smiled. "I love to be called that way", Eleanor nodded.

Claudia wondered. Is this the same person who made her cry every time she demanded for her to visit their mansion? Eleanor had always mocked her weakness. Claudia was born into a merchant family and not a noble. Because of that, she had always been the center of teasing in the circle of the ladies' society. That's why Eleanor entered. She stood up for her on one occasion and said that being a noble is not just by blood. It's by proving it to everyone else.

"Ellie, I like you better than the previous you", Claudia flushed. Eleanor stuffed the spoon in her mouth. "Thank you for sticking with me all the way through!".

Some ladies passed through and saw the two laughing from the glass window.

"Are we not going to destroy the momentum?", the other lady asked.

The silver head turns around with a bored expression. "Let her place for a little more. We'll get back to her once she has her memories back", Fiona, the daughter of the Marquees smirked and left.

After a month,

Eleanor's Room
Saphira is scrubbing her back. "How are you feeling? Saphira", Eleanor looked at the pretty lady. She can stare at her the whole time. The 24-year-old maid gulped and forced a smile.

"I am doing fine. Now that you kept me on your side, I am doing fewer carrying duties. Once I bore the baby, I will go back to the heavy duties", Saphira promised. "Saphy, I don't want you to leave my side. The other maids don't even want to talk to me. You enter my room early in the morning and greet me. Before, they will make sure I am still sleeping before they prepare my bath", Eleanor sighed.

Saphira continuously hears rumors about the lady.

"Milady, would you like to take a walk in the garden before you have your class with Sir Gilbert?", Saphira asked "Why not? That'll be so nice", Eleanor smiled. "I'll prepare your breakfast as well", Saphira added. "Thank you Saphy. Also, I want to have a cake for this morning", Eleanor requested. "Milady, isn't that going to make your diet unbalanced", Saphira realised what she said and covered her mouth. "You're right. Just take what the chef cooked", Eleanor said disheartened. Saphira slightly chuckled at the sight of Eleanor pouting because she wouldn't get to eat what she wanted.

Garden

Eleanor took her breakfast alone with Saphira giving a generous distance. She noticed the lady being lost in a deep thought.

"Did she get upset again?", Mari stood beside Saphira. "No, Head Maid. I suggested for her to eat here and she agreed", Saphira nervously explained. "How about you? Did she upset you?", Mari looked at Saphira's stomach. Eleanor wasn't the only person who noticed. "She's so kind to me", Saphira doesn't sound like she's lying.

Eleanor turned around and saw the two. She gave a big wave and also a smile was plastered on her face.

"I wish I could see this sight every day", Mari went closer to her.

"Milady, you shouldn't move too much. Your dress will get ripped", Mari lectured. 

"I was just thinking that you might not notice me", Eleanor explained. "No matter how small your movements are, I will always watch over you", Mari bowed her head.

Library

Eleanor entered and couldn't find Gilbert. "Gil?", Eleanor called his name.

She saw him sleeping on the couch. "Tch. I was even later", Eleanor chuckled and went to the table where she usually studies. She saw some books about dancing. She turned to look at Gilbert and wondered why he was reading those books.

After some time, Gilbert woke up and apologised for being tardy "Why are you reading about dancing?", Eleanor hummed.

"Did you forget? You'll be turning 15 next two weeks", Gilbert yawned. He stayed up late learning about the necessities of dancing. "Surprised as I was. Your father asked me to be your dancing partner for your birthday", Gilbert scratched his nape. "No way. Gilbert is too good-looking. I might not be able to concentrate", Eleanor slightly laughed. "That caught me off guard. Milady, do you not wish to dance with the Crown Prince again?", Gilbert asked. "I danced with him?", Eleanor gasped.

"I was the Prince's tutor at that time so I was able to watch you dance with him. Also, you look the happiest lady that night", Gilbert smiled.

"Really? I think I'd be more comfortable to dance with Prince Keane", Eleanor sighed.

"Heh~ that's quite funny. You just used Prince Keanne because you wanted to be the Empress", they heard someone. They looked at the entrance.

Eleanor loved the design of her dress. It seems that she doesn't have to wear petticoats and additional belts. Her image is spitting maturity and elegance. 

"Pardon my intrusion, Sir Gilbert. Could I have some time with Lady Eleanor?", she excused. Gilbert cleared his throat. "I'll just be outside. Call me if you need something", Gilbert said worriedly. She's aware of the thing between the two.

The two were left alone inside the room.

The lady in a white lace dress sat in front of Eleanor with her arms crossed. "Do you think you'd be taken pity because you lost your memory? You're wrong. Because of that, people are taking advantage of you", Aileen, the 17-year-old girl sighed. "What do you mean?", Eleanor sat properly. "Do you know my name? You lost your memory. That arrogant aura isn't oozing from you. I'm Aileen from the House of Tales", Aileen sighed and was disappointed that she wouldn't be spending time arguing with Eleanor. She even prepared for her rebuttals. They never had a peaceful conversation before since Eleanor saw her as a threat. "What made you come here?", Eleanor asked.

Aileen looked at those innocent eyes. "When you fell on the cliff, people speculated that you were trying to take your life away. That disqualified you from being a candidate for being the Empress. The Empire doesn't want a weak-minded woman. But then, one of my carriages passed through that place. My carriage driver said that you were talking to someone. He wasn't able to see who it was. Could it be that you were pushed? You will be having your birthday next two weeks. This is just a warning. If someone tried to harm you before, there's no saying when they will do it again", Aileen warned.

Eleanor held her hand. "Thank you for telling me. I feel a lot of threatening looks during the banquet. By the way, what's my relationship with you?", Eleanor asked. Aileen took her hand back.

"I'm your rival. I am currently the only candidate for the Crown Prince. I'll be reaching my coming of age next year if you won't catch up with me. I might snatch your prince away", Aileen informed.

If Aileen is 17 and the Crown Prince is 18, then they are closer in age.

"Than-", Eleanor was cut off.

"Don't misunderstand. I'm just doing this for my benefit as well. It's not like we're friends", Aileen stood up and prepared to leave.

"Lady Aileen, I would like to see you on my birthday", Eleanor smiled.

Aileen turned around and saw a smile plastered on her face.

Since when was she able to make a face as such?

She left and saw Gilbert leaning on the wall. "You didn't tell her about how you guys met", Gilbert was listening. "You might get punished for eavesdropping", Aileen clenched her fist.

"If she wasn't there, you would have been locked in a dark place until now", Gilbert hummed then entered the library.

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 207 27
♡Mostly Gojo/Geto/SatoSugu x Fem!Reader ♡May include other characters x reader in the future. ♡AUs, scenarios, oneshots, etc. ♡Mostly Female Reader p...
2.5K 155 7
[adrienxgenderneutral!reader] disparate /things so unlike that there is no basis for comparison/ ━━ Rich people are the worst. ━━ disclaimer: i dont...
27.5K 852 16
╰⋯➤"Tʜɪs ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪs sᴘᴀʀᴋʟɪɴɢ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɢᴏ." "I ᴀᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ sᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʟᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ." 》The woman found herself in a str...
72.6K 2K 21
Here you'll learn how to become a master of the art of writing fanfiction. These tutorials are 100% approved by the Herd mentality that poisons this...