Paradox of Time

By Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... More

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#41: A Glimpse of You
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#6: Unknown Person

708 36 7
By Yel_lue04

"You look outstanding. Nails that stick out get hammered down. Have you heard of that?".

Eh?! Who is this person?

"I haven't heard of you before. I am Eleanor from the house of Varian. And you are?", the lady innocently asked for the lad's name. The white-head grabbed on her wrist and whispered. 

You don't have to get chummy with me.

"Hands off to that lady", the three of them are standing in the hallway. It was the crowned prince who got in between them.  Fortunately, there were just a few butlers and maids around. The guests haven't arrived yet.

"I thought you hadn't given any thought to Lady Eleanor", the white-haired removed his grip on the blonde lady. "I don't. He's my brother's lady of the night. It is such a disgrace for a lady to be spending the ball with another man. Aren't you ashamed of that?", Xylan explained so calmly. Eleanor a generous distance. "What, you're the one who loves attention. That's why you cause uproars", the whitehead chuckled. 

The ball started. 

Everyone was eyeing Eleanor. She was still an eye-catcher. Her dress wasn't what she usually desired to wear but it was simple and sophisticated. 

"Here is my gift to you, Ellie", Keane gave me a pretty blue box. "It's not my birthday or anything", Eleanor laughed nervously feeling the eyes dotting her. "Think of it as my congratulatory gift", the prince chuckled. She opened it and it was a broch. "It's beautiful. They look like my eyes. I will treasure this, Your Highness", Eleanor was pleased.

"It's a good thing that Father allowed you to join the gatherings again", Keane offered his hand. Eleanor felt hesitant to take it. She still did since it would be offensive to reject his offer. "Your Highness, I apologize in advance. I came here without practicing how to dance. Are there any for me not to participate?", Eleanor whispered. "That's unusual. You love dancing. Even the queen and empress are amazed by your graceful steps", Keane informed. Eleanor gulped. The thing is, she was the worst at dancing.

If I only took the dancing lesson my PE teacher offered when I was in High School.

Keane looked around and saw Xylan on the balcony.

"Why don't you take some fresh air?", Keanne slightly pushed her into the balcony where some guards had taken their post.

Eleanor was amazed at the town's light. The capital was filled with lovely streetlights. "Ah, how I wish I could see this from my balcony", Eleanor was smiling from ear to ear. "Are you here to plot another assassination for me?", she heard a familiar and cold voice. Eleanor jumped to the side as soon as she saw Xylan sitting on the couch placed on the balcony. She gulped.

"Forgive me for interrupting your rest time", Eleanor stepped back. "You sound different from the last time. Is that your new strategy? Whatever you do, I will never recognize you as a candidate for being an empress", Xylan made it clear. Eleanor's mouth twitched. "I will take note of that, Your Highness", Eleanor bowed and tried to open the door. "I told the guards to lock it until the ball was over", Xylan looked away and sighed. It means she will get stuck with the guy.

Eleanor sat opposite Xylan. "I will not talk. I will just be like the wind here... So..", Eleanor stuttered. She might get thrown from the balcony anytime if she says something stupid. "Suit yourself", Xylan closed his eyes.

The first time, I saw him. He was sleeping under the huge tree outside the Palace. It was near the fountain. He was so beautiful to look at and I wanted to lie next to him.

Eleanor remembered what she read inside the diary.

For a pretty lad such as this, there's no question that girls would be swooning over him. Should I sleep as well?

After some time, Eleanor felt something on her foot. She looked down and saw that Xylan was about to step on her foot. "The ball is done", Xylan informed and stood up.

Was he trying to wake me up by stepping into my foot?!

"And also, refrain from getting close to me. If possible, don't repeat the same mistake you did last year", Xylan held unto the knob.

There's no way Eleanor could have staged that. It is so clear that she loved this guy.

How am I supposed to tell him? Eleanor loved you. That's weird... like I'm in her body right now so...

"There's no way that I am the one behind that incident", Eleanor stood up. "Now here you are. I can finally see your usual self coming back to life", Xylan looked back at her with a smirk on his face. "Are you going to blame someone else again?", Xylan stepped forward to give a scare to Eleanor.

She loved you!
"I loved you!", Eleanor flushed.

The door opened and Keane just entered so he heard everything.

Eleanor face-palmed.

"That's why there's no way that I did that", she covered her face and ran away from the two.

Varian's Mansion
Eleanor's Room

Why am I such an idiot in this place?! I can't wait to wake up.

It's not like I'm gonna stay here for a little more.

"Oliver told me that you were rushing to enter your room. How was the ball?", Charles entered and closed the door behind them.

I can't tell him that I only slept on the balcony with the prince.

"It was amazing. The Prince gave me a gift", Eleanor smiled. Charles paused for a while. "Was I not allowed to receive such a gift? I will return it to Prince Keane tomorrow", Eleanor panicked. Charles held her hand. "I was just worried that they would treat you like an outcast. I see. You are already growing up, Ellie", Charles messed with her hair.

Right. I can't tell him that I was only talked to a white-head lad and the princes. 

Come to think of it, I never got the name of that person. 

A few days later...
Library

"I'm so glad that you spend most of your time here but don't you have other things to do?", Gilbert asked.

"Like what?", Eleanor flipped to the next page.

"Girls around your age would love to go around the town. Buy dress or accessories", Gilbert pointed at his chin. Eleanor chuckled.

"I wish I could also do that; roaming around the town. It's just that it seems that no one wants to go with me", Eleanor gave an innocent smile. Gilbert cleared his throat. Of course, she was a brat before and no one can stand her demands.

Eleanor didn't read the rest of the diary because she knew it was a private matter. She just passed through a girl's name.

"Gil, do you know someone with the name Claudia?", Eleanor asked. Gilbert furrowed his brow. There are so many people in the nobility so he wasn't sure.

"Pardon my intrusion. We received a letter from the House of Sailine. It is for the lady", Mari informed. Eleanor stood and met Mari halfway through the library. "This is the first letter I received ever since I went to a deep sleep", she nervously chuckled.

That was close.

She used Gilbert's letter knife and happily opened the letter.

Dear Lady Eleanor,

I am writing this letter to ask about your wellness. I hope you are well but I have a request. Please don't bother me anymore.

Claudia Amber Sailine

She turned into stone. Her first letter seems to bring some breakup news.

"Mari. My mind is still clouded. Who is Claudia?", Eleanor asked. "She's the youngest daughter from the House of Sailine. You usually ask her to visit the house and play tricks on her. You enjoy making her life miserable", Mari answered.

"Ahk! Are there anyways for you to rephrase that?", Eleanor whined.

Mari held onto her chest. She thought that the young lady would break into tantrums and throw books at her. She just whined and looked so guilty.

Chapter end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 71.6K 125
The Mob Character Shouldn't Have A Yandere Harem?! 50 years ago, rifts started to open around the world. Portals to other dimensions. And with their...
495K 8.4K 84
Requests are always open. Message me the details. Oh and if you get any of the references(welcome sinners) 😉
234K 3.6K 49
this is my first story, so please bear with it all characters and pictures that appear in this story are not owned by me. this will be a harem story
2.5K 155 7
[adrienxgenderneutral!reader] disparate /things so unlike that there is no basis for comparison/ ━━ Rich people are the worst. ━━ disclaimer: i dont...